Battle Spot Leader
R U L E S
We don't have many rules that aren't already laid out in Smogon's forum-wide rules so make sure you read those. But here's some things to remember when posting here:
- Don't post a thread without asking either myself, DragonWhale, or Psynergy first! The only exception is if a new Online Competition or Special Season ruleset gets announced and none of us are online to ask, however you need to put effort into the OP. Use past threads as a reference, make sure the rules are clear and tag The Immortal so he can add the format to Showdown!
- Don't advertise your YouTube or Twitch channels here without asking us either. We're sure there will be an influx of streamers wanting to get their content out there, if you think your stuff is particularly good then send us a message. You will probably see posts around the forums from our "Approved Streamers" but that doesn't give you a license to do it either!
- No discussion or promoting of hacking methods. We take a zero tolerance to this, you will receive a hefty infraction for doing so.
- Please keep posts to the relevant threads!
- Lurk Less! As long as you've read these rules then you will be fine posting here! We want to encourage new users to get involved here as soon as possible
Use this thread to ask about anything you're unsure of!
If you've got a simple question about Battle Spot and not sure where to post, this is the place!
- What is Battle Spot?
- Battle Spot is the collection of online ranked modes on the 3DS games themselves. The modes are 3v3 Singles, 4v4 Doubles, The Official VGC Ladder (discuss that in the proper forum), and a rotating Special Ladder that changes every season. In all modes you bring 6 Pokemon and choose the required amount at team preview
- How do I play Battle Spot?
- You need to register on the Pokemon Global Link (PGL) website first. You'll need to go to the Festival Plaza in your game, go to the PC in the castle and choose Game Sync, create your Game Sync ID, then enter it on the registration page on the PGL. Now you're done! You can choose to battle from the Festival Plaza.
- What are the rules? What's banned?
- The simplest way of explaining the rules of Battle Spot is that it's an online, player-vs-player version of the Battle Tree. Only certain legendary Pokemon are banned (cover legends such like Lugia, Ho-oh, Solgaleo, and Lunaala, and mythical Pokemon like Mew, Celebi, and Magearna), and you can only use one of each item on your team
- Can I use Pokemon transferred from older games?
- The Rated Battle Spot ladders only allow Pokemon caught/bred/obtained in XY, ORAS, SM, and USUM. You can only use Pokemon from the RBY/GS virtual console games, or RSE, DPPt, or BW in Free Battle or certain Online Competitions.