SV Ubers Four and a Half Dragons

Prikki

formerly AtomicFish
I like dragons. A lot.

If I could build a viable Ubers mono dragon team, I would.

No, I will not play Monotype.

Give me Koraidon or give me death

So, using as many fringe decisions and mental gymnastics, here's my team of (as many) dragons (I could fit) to use on the ladder, and hopefully further. Additionally, I built this team more or less myself, and is an experiment to see how well I can teambuild.

Teambuilding Process

1688350955357.png

Garchomp is a good start for a team due to its ability to set up dual hazards, phaze, and deal respectable damage off the bat. However, due to the nature of it being a hazard-setting suicide lead, it naturally suffers the fact that it dies easily and all its progress can be quickly undone by Defog.

1688350810957.png
1688350796839.png
1688350832243.png
1688350875140.png

Groundceus and Koraidon, both using Taunt, can easily lure in Giratina-O or Corviknight- and can prevent them from undoing progress or pivot into Zacian, depending on the situation. Then they're either forced to switch or forced to die- both of which benefit me as long as the rocks they want to remove stay up.

1688350860584.png
1688350792552.png
1688350840004.png
1688350875140.png
1688350923681.png

Miraidon can operate as a lategame cleaner and pivot greatly appreciating of hazard damage and acts as another check to scarf Kyogre which was scaring me. Plus he's such a sweetie! Look at him, don't you want to polish that hull of his? Give him a sandwich?

1688350863468.png
1688350788499.png
1688350849138.png
1688350875140.png
1688350918219.png
1688350944424.png

Eternatus can work as a check to some Arceus sets and threatens the aformentioned defoggers, and can operate as both a wallbreaker and lategame cleaner.

The Team

1688350735487.png
1688351004734.png

An old hero adapting to a new war.

Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

As aformentioned, here is our suicide lead. Maximum speed investment ensures it is as quick as possible and maximum attack investment ensures it can hit as hard as possible whenever it can land a hit. The power level of the tier is too high to justify investment in bulk beyond a Focus Sash and the speed can help it just get one extra move in before it faints. Tera Ghost is typical among suicide leads, ensuring it can stop spinners on a team with no ghosts.

1688351525410.png
1688351544782.png

Motivation as fluid and mysterious as the universe it made.

Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

While unable to touch Giratina-O or Corviknight in any significant capacity, it doesn't need to. Its primary purpose is to lure them in and switch to something devastating to them or simply preventing them from doing their job. 252 Attack and 200 HP ensures it is as strong and as bulky as possible while 56 speed ensures it outspeeds Zacian once it has boosted with Dragon Dance. Extreme Speed and Earthquake are chosen as offensive moves since they are the two best for sweeping. Tera Normal powers up Extreme Speed while also replacing all of its weaknesses to simply be that of Normal's when it needs to sweep and has no more use for its ability to switch into Miraidon's electric attacks.

1688352391302.png
1688352401530.png

No trespass unworthy of retribution.

Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Close Combat

This is the 'half' mentioned in the team's title. On top of being immediately threatening, the potential for it to boost with Swords Dance enables Zacian excellent utility in all phases of the game, but the primary use for this team is to act as a check to Giratina-O, forcing it to stop what it is doing and allow something else to sate the thirst of its blade. Tera Dragon exists to remove its weakness to ground and fire and replace it with a resistance to water, fire, and electric, thouroughly shuffling its defensive profile to enable it to eat a hit from plenty of Pokemon that would otherwise threaten it by turning a weak or neutral hit into a neutral or resisted one and remove them with prejudice. The offensive moves chosen are simply for the widest array of coverage to hit as many Pokemon as possible, and the EVs and nature chosen simply are the best for an offensive Pokemon with Zacian's profile.

1688353102195.png
1688353122939.png

A reminder of life's cold and callous cruelty in a more peaceful era.

Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Drain Punch
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance

Another lure for Giratina-O, also capable of sweeping much like Arceus. Its usefulness in all points of the game is difficult to understate, from breaking holes in walls midgame, keeping the rain away for Basculegion teams, taunting away entry hazards, generating momentum with Flame Charge and setting up to sweep with Swords Dance, Koraidon acts as a potent win condition and supporting actor for other threats on the team. The EV spread is, unfortunately, quite outdated but is built to be as strong and as possible whilst outspeeding a Timid Walking Wake and enabling it to avoid an OHKO from defensive Great Tusk's Play Rough. Tera Fire is chosen to enable it to take a hit from Zacian if necessary and to power up Flame Charge to confirm a win with.

1688353779674.png
1688353823079.png

Mankind's declaration of war against God's domain.

Miraidon @ Leftovers
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Parabolic Charge
- Agility
- Calm Mind

This is a typical example of DD Miraidon in play, acting as an additional win condition on a team of potent wallbreakers that can remove bulkier checks of its like Ting-Lu and Clodsire and set up against Corviknight if it can switch in. The immense momentum this team attempts to create and hold can potentially give Miraidon a golden chance to switch in and set up, and adds to the list of potential winning scenarios for the team to make use of.

1688354394522.png
1688354404615.png

An unrelenting construct of mistakes.

Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Dynamax Cannon

The final team member acts as a cleaner and pivot as well as a fast, strong, and bulky threat for the many fairies, dragons, and steels in the tier to deal with. Yet another Pokemon capable of forcing out Corviknight and Giratina-O and is capable of applying major pressure to anything slower than it, as well as healing itself on turns the opponent spends switching or to help keep it healthy during the end game. Tera Fairy removes its weakness to dragon and ground and just makes it bulkier.

Conclusion

Dragons are cool, bro. Take the reptile pill. The shadow government will be pleased.

Oh yeah, and the paste.

Enjoy. Post any and all advice you may have to improve the team. That's an order coming straight from the lizard overlords. Don't be insubordinate...​

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
Fire post mate, and neat showings! Dropping in here to recommend a thing:

:giratina-origin: >:koraidon:

There are several things that make me suggest Gira-O over Korai. Mainly, Koraidon adds absolutely nothing to this team defensively, which isn’t good because this team gets run over by Ekiller and Groundceus. Gira-O on the other hand is a great defensive offensive pick; it gives you an Ekiller and Groundceus counter, it can status enemy Pokémon with both Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp (you don’t really need Defog on a build as offensive as this), and most importantly, it can threaten the Clodsire + Skeledirge core with Hex and Dragon Tail + Spikes, as well as dual status.

I’d recommend a set like this:

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Core
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 216 Def / 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Dragon Tail

The given bulk investment allows Gira to survive +1 Play Rough from Crownedcian, as well as letting Gira better eat up stuff from Ekiller, DD Groundceus, and even the rare (and imo underrated) CM Groundceus. 8 EVs in Speed allow Gira to outspeed Crownedcian after a Thunder Wave, and the rest of Gira’s EVs went into Special Attack because I didn’t know where else to put ‘em.

:zacian-crowned:

Tera Fairy > Tera Dragon

I feel Tera Dragon is really fishy and specific while Tera Fairy is pretty practical. Plus it strengthens Play Rough and makes its damage numbers funny and you like the funny

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)