FranciscoZ's OU Team

Hello everybody, this is my first Rate My Team post, and this is my OU team, I change it almost everytime, and have it for a loooong time.

Chandy (Chandelure) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Chandelure is a very, very strong pokémon, his speed is great, in comparation with most pokémon, but the most used in OU can outspeed him easily, so I put the Choice Scarf, to kill Gengar, Alakazam and other fast pokémons with ghost/dark type attacks. It can easily switch in when my Ferrothorn is versus fire or fighting pokémons, because of its type and ability. All the attacking moves hit very hard, until in 0,5x pokémons because of its very high special attack, Trick is when you fight bulky supporting pokémons that it cant handle such as Blissey.

PoryZ (Porygon-Z) @ Life Orb
Trait: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Agility
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Porygon-Z is not much expected by most peoples, and some does'nt even know what is he doing in my team, but he is a lot strong I, personally, dont know why no one uses it. Tri Attack is amazing in this pokémon, with life orb and adaptability, it OHKO a lot of pokémons, and, if I am lucky, it puts an status ailment in the oponent! The only bad thing about him is that he is easily outspeeded, but then there is Agility, so a very few number of pokémon can outspeed him.

Politaro (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Politaro, as I like to call my Politoad (any manga relations are mere coincidences) is very, very, very strong. His ability, Drizzle, makes my water type attacks stronger, and so do my choice specs, and his natural special attack is very high! He can OHKO almost everything with just one Hydro Pump, until 0,5x effectiveness pokémons! There is only one bad thing about him: The speed. Almost every pokémon I fight attacks me first, but lucky he has a great bulk to resist them, but eletric types hit him hard and can OHKO him.

Ferro (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 148 Def / 252 HP / 108 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

It is very hard to OHKO my Ferrothorn, his defences are great! And he can be ofensive also, 2HKO or 3HKO most pokémon with Power Whip, or, for the faster ones, with Gyro Ball. I love when pokémon can resist a lot of strong attacks and still hit hard on most pokémon! His Leech Seed + Protect combination can kill a lot of pokémon that resist his STAB attacks. Who need SpikeRock when you can attack?

Scraft (Scrafty) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shed Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Bulk Up
- Crunch
- Drain Punch

Scrafty is a lot helpful in my team! While he can resist most attacks, he hit VERY much hard a lot of pokémon. With his Shed Skin, it has no worry about Toxic users, neither Thunder Wave, and it can even Rest to regain HP and wake up sooner with his Shed Skin. It can Bulk Up in the physical attackers that wont 3HKO you, making it bulkier and stronger! Drain Punch heals it without the need of Rest, amazing!

Crob (Crobat) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Cross Poison

My Crobat is very new to the team and I did'nt tested it very much, but it is very strong and OHKO a lot of pokémon with his Brave Bird, his abilities are not very good but he is a very good revenge killer with his great speed and attack. Inner Focus can at least prevent flinching from Togekiss Air Slash. It is a very small chance for this pokémon to keep in my team (please, make sugestions about one better to take his place, I have no idea, I already used Weavile as a fast physical pokémon, but he is easily mach punched...)

Thank You for reading (if you did'nt jumped here .__.) and make a good rate, please. :3

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Okay, there's a number of problem in this team.

First of all, why you're using a Chandelure in a rain team? It doesn't make sense to me, Chandelure already has a number of problems (SR weak, Pursuit bait, outsped by common Choice Scarf users), and the only reason to use it is its incredibly powerful Fire Blast, that...is not that much powerful in Rain.

Second, you have no way to handle entry hazards, and you give plenty of opportunities for the enemy to set them up. Porygon can't break the likes of Ferrothorn, or Forretress, and they can happily spam Spikes / SR to wear your team down and cripple Chandy / Crobat regardless. Ferrothorn is also a big bait for opposing Ferrothorns to come in and setup. Also, you lack a SR user yourself, which is pretty much mandatory since it's an invaluable move for many reasons (why Ferrothorn doesn't carry it?).

Third point, you have absolutely no answer for common Water and Fighting attacks. Specs Keldeo in Rain OHKOs everything with Hydro Pump, except from Ferro which is 2HKO'd or destroyed by Secret Sword. Breloom destroys 4 out of 6 pokemon of yours, and can either sleep the remaining two, or hit them with Stone Edge if it carries Rock coverage. Terrakion is an absolute nightmare, can hit for SE damage almost everything, and OHKO your team if it gets a boost somewhat, or it carries a Choice Band. The only thing that could outspeed it (Porygon) can't even touch it since Ice Beam does 50-60% and everything else is resisted while the musketeer just obliterates in return.

To be honest, your team needs to be re-thinked and restructured. I won't suggest any changes myself, since if I would, your team will have very little in common with your actual one. I suggest you to take a look at the Battling 101 project, that will surely help you to acquire better understanding of the metagame and team building skills.

Sorry if I sounded too harsh. Good luck!

Thank you for the rating, but Chandy is a pokémon to use before sending Politoad out, and it is not exactly an team maden only for rain, the only one who use the rain is Politoad, to increase his water type attacks strenght.
I dont like very much to use SR/Spikes (because every team I tryed to fight when I started using it had Rapid Spin, so I stopped ¬¬) but maybe now if i try again I could use it. What should I remove to place Spikes/SR? Leech Seed and Protect or Gyro Ball and Power Whip?
Keldeo is very hard to take out with my team, should I put an eletric physical attacking and fast in place of my Crobat? And for Breloom, my scarfed Chandy and my Crobat can outspeed him before he spore them, but if they die.. It would be hard to take him out. Terrakion, if not scarfed, my Chandy can Energy Ball it, or Crobat can Brave Bird (takes 1x damage, but it is very strong, if it dont OHKO him, it will at least 2HKO).
Anyway, thank you for rating my team and saying what is his weakness, I will make some changes based on this, and take a look at the Battling 101.
And again, thank you. n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)