Metagame Frantic Fusions (New resources @ Post #387)

This looks cool, also incredibly broken beats broken type beat, but still very cool, ima throw in my thoughts.

:sv/Pikachu::kleavor:
35/88/63/61/67/111

this looks like probably the dumbest* raw breaker in the format, with 88 attack, light ball, and a sheer force boosted volt tackle for a grand total of 156 Base power off 526/578 attack. Absolutely nuclear. Unfortunately it is kinda snuffed out by grounds aside from the 65 Base Power trailblaze, but still if you can position this fool correctly it seems absolutely deadly.
…This is what I would’ve said until I started experimenting with uh… ursaluna, yeah, this meta gets nuts, fast.

Speaking of the aforementioned grounds…
[NOTE: URSALUNA IS BANNED, MY BAD]
:sv/landorus-therian::ursaluna:
89/180/116/116/100/103

I was quite wrong on the Pikachu thing, what the hell am I looking at here. 180 attack, 103 speed, guts. That adds up to 756 attack. What. And the best part is that all these high damage grounds are nearly entirely interchangeable to fit whatever specific niche you need. Between Great Tusk, Ursa, Ting-Lu, and Lando-T as bases, and Slowbro, Breloom, Ursaluna (again), Lando-T (again again), Tornadus-T, or even Pult or Bax as bases, ground types are going to be incredibly commonplace if not mandated just because of how good they are themselves, molding the meta around them.
I screwed up slightly and ursaluna is banned, ursaring gives basically the same results so if you need to fuse smth just use that as a component instead. 177 atk 104 speed with a little less bulk, still has guts, it’ll work all the same.

[Iron Hands is also banned I am bad at reading banlists. Just use anything ting-Lu related to beat grounds it’ll work.]
:sv/iron hands::orthworm:
154/161/144/65/81/66

And this is what’s probably going to be dealing with these insanely cracked up breakers. Orthworm is honestly a really solid fusion component due to its amazing defense and earth eater, allowing it to hard wall stuff like the aforementioned Landoluna, and many others. Great coverage and similarly phenomenal attack stat and coverage is going to allow it to force these grounds out for free opportunities to pivot or setup or really just click big buttons everywhere. Obviously there will be variations on stuff like these, but this sort of theorycrafting is something that intrigues me about this meta… and unfathomably big numbers.

Before I head off, here’s probably the funniest sun abuser I could think of

:sv/walking wake::charizard:
99/104/110/152/104/134

Hydro Steam, Flamethrower, Draco, Solar Power, 134 Speed, 152 Spatk. Need more be said? This is the sun abuser to end all sun abusers, both figuratively and literally, it will kill every other sun abuser with no issues. And just every other Mon that doesn’t have water absorb. Anyways funny ahhh meta, ima eep now, hope it wins omotm.

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/landorus-therian::ursaluna:
89/180/116/116/100/103

I was quite wrong on the Pikachu thing, what the hell am I looking at here. 180 attack, 103 speed, guts. That adds up to 756 attack. What. And the best part is that all these high damage grounds are nearly entirely interchangeable to fit whatever specific niche you need. Between Great Tusk, Ursa, Ting-Lu, and Lando-T as bases, and Slowbro, Breloom, Ursaluna (again), Lando-T (again again), Tornadus-T, or even Pult or Bax as bases, ground types are going to be incredibly commonplace if not mandated just because of how good they are themselves, molding the meta around them.

:sv/iron hands::orthworm:
154/161/144/65/81/66

And this is what’s probably going to be dealing with these insanely cracked up breakers. Orthworm is honestly a really solid fusion component due to its amazing defense and earth eater, allowing it to hard wall stuff like the aforementioned Landoluna, and many others. Great coverage and similarly phenomenal attack stat and coverage is going to allow it to force these grounds out for free opportunities to pivot or setup or really just click big buttons everywhere. Obviously there will be variations on stuff like these, but this sort of theorycrafting is something that intrigues me about this meta… and unfathomably big numbers.
both ursaluna and iron hands are banned soo…

Question;
I remember that with these fusions you could also ise both Pokemon’s movepools, but is that still true? Like if I fuse Roaring Moon with Falinks it will be able to use No Retreat and Lock Jaw?

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Question;
I remember that with these fusions you could also ise both Pokemon’s movepools, but is that still true? Like if I fuse Roaring Moon with Falinks it will be able to use No Retreat and Lock Jaw?
No, only abilities and 1/4 of the base stats (bar HP) now

Ello, really hyped for this meta rn, I'm just gonna give some thoughts:
Scream Tail looks insane. If you look at it through Team Preview, you're questioning "Is it running CM Boomburst? Specs? Is it even offensive? Is it a support dual screens or a bulkier set?"
Enamorus+Dragapult has Enamo being hyped up for amazing 141 Speed and 160 spa. Oh and it can also run a mixed/physical set, with Superpower boosting its Attack and Special Attack.
Masquerain+?: In a meta where everything looks so speedy and strong, Webs is going to succeed. Well, with a good webs setter that is. Masquerain and Electrode is currently the fastest webs setter, but it only reaches 113.
PhysAttackers+Bax: Bax having the Thermal Change ability and one of the best PhysAttack stat in the game looks quite promising. St among the lines of Enamo/Pult can utulize this.
Lastly, a question: If I have Dragapult as a fuse mon, can I still have it on my team?

After playing a good amount on the ladder and in some room tours, I want to share a team that I think is pretty good.
:Hippowdon: :Gholdengo: :Walking Wake: :Hawlucha: :Iron Moth: :Kingambit:

:sv/Hippowdon:
I'm still not really sure about this slot. Poison heal is pretty stupid but I don't know if Hippowdon is really the best user of it. It is still pretty good. It can sit on the field for a long time to take advantage of PH, can Whirlwind out some of the annoying set up sweepers. Still, I don't like it because it just loses to every Magic Bounce flying type like Corv or Moltres. Could change this slot to PH Garganacl if you want.

:sv/Gholdengo:
Gholdengo provides amazing utility for the team. It can wall a lot of mons and just output a crazy amount of damage. I think most people will use the defensive set up Uxie set but I choose Scarf Azelf set for this team because I want some speed control and trick is very nice to cripple Blissey or Ting Lu that want to switch in. Spinblocking is pretty nice but don't risk switching into a knock off from Great Tusk. This thing is not defensive and can be knock out pretty easily.

:sv/Walking Wake:
When I first used this set in a room tour I thought it was trash. I made this set with Sun and Rain teams in mind but turn out they are not very common. However after further testing on the ladder I realise this set is pretty amazing. Dragon/Water typing is a really good typing, allows you to have favorable match up against a good amount of mons in the tier. The best thing about this set, however, is its damage output. Most Regenvest mons are pretty passive and easy to exploid but Walking Wake is a threat and a half. You might take 60% switching into an attack but that doesn't matter because you force your opponent to switch out.

:sv/Hawlucha:
This mon is suprisingly good as a physical wall. Its stats are definitely not great but the typing is what allow it to wall so many things. Scary Fighting, Dark and Ground type breakers are food for it. It can stay in a defog against most rockers in the meta or can U turn to get other mons in. I'm out of words to describe it but once you use it, you will truely know how good it is.

:sv/Iron Moth:
This is the other special wall for my team and it simply just does a great job. This mon is one of the only way to stop to Enamorus rn and it is great because of it. Other than walling Enam, it can provide good utility for the team with toxic spikes and uturn. Its typing allow it to scare out some Magic Bounce users like Corv to freely set up Toxic spike. Although Poison Heal is very common, there are not many grounded poison type in the meta as a lot of them would use Levitate. It can be pretty clutch against spinners like Great Tusk.

:sv/Kingambit:
This mon is pretty stupid tbh. The amount of time I have swept with this thing should be illegal. Nothing can stop this thing from just SD up and sweep other than Fluffy and Unaware mons. Your common options to revenge kill Kingambit is simply out of the table because of tinted lens. In some games you might need a little bit of work before this thing can sweep like to chip the defensive wall into range. Toxic spikes from Iron Moth is great at weakening Great Tusk for Kingambit.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1934519847-99v1j41tlgwx7tqai2vbmj01ptqhghqpw
This is a great showcase of Toxic spikes on Iron Moth. My opponent Magic Bounce user was Corviknight and it can stay in against Iron Moth. Trick on Gholdengo is also the key to winning this game as Moltres was really annoying for my team to deal with. Granted my opponent's team wasn't very great (Why do you use stall without Poison Heal?) and some of their plays are questionable but the replay still shows that this team is pretty good against stall. I don't have to make any hard prediction to win this game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9franticfusions-1934527545
This one is against HO and it showcases how great Walking Wake it. Not only can it repeatedly switchs into Volcanion with no problem, but it also do a tons of damage. This game also shows that Web HO is not that great because of Levitate.

Overall, this team can use some optimization but I built this a while ago and I don't really want to change it. Solid team if you want to farm the ladder.

idk if it’s a bug, or it’s supposed to be this way, but mons are not keeping their base ability
You can only choose one ability from either the base mon or the fusion, that's intended. If you can't choose from one of the base abilities that may be a bug on your side or something I haven't seen yet.

You can only choose one ability from either the base mon or the fusion, that's intended. If you can't choose from one of the base abilities that may be a bug on your side or something I haven't seen yet.
The summary makes it sound like you get your donors ability ON TOP of your own. If it's only one ability then they should change the wording.

:sv/Hoopa:+:Basculegion-F:
Hoopa fused with Basculegion-female could lead to serious damage on targets such as Heatran and Blissey.
Stats: 80/133/76/175/148/89 (BST of 701)
Here is my set:
Basculegion-F (Hoopa) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic/Psyshock (for blissey)
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

You could also run a mixerset to counter special walls via the moves Hyperspace Hole, Gunk Shot, Psyshock and Shadow ball, but I think that is inferior due to non-stab being inaccurate and lower attack stat.

What are thoughts on terrains on this meta?

:rillaboom:
As a donor, I can see Meowscarada using it for boosted, and kinda fast, Flower Tricks. Outside of this, i can't see use for Grassy Surge.

:pincurchin:
Electrode-Hisui can be a fast Electric Terrain setter, and can pivot out. This one i can see beeing more viable since...

:Raichu-alola:
This other one is here and offers Surge Surfer. I can see Sandy Shocks and Iron Leaves using this. Probably there is more.

:indeedee:
Armarouge is the only one with Expanding Force and this combination reminds me of early AAA meta. If you hate beeing stoped by priority it is also a good idea.

Anyway, other things....

:Florges:
Unaware Fairy. Really huge SpDef lets it be fully defensive and SpA is good, so Draining Kiss will hurt. Dirge is the best set IMO.

:Cresselia:
This is not banned and can abuse Regenarator, Unaware, Magic Bounce, Poison Heal... Just give it what your team needs.

:Meloetta:
High overall BST with meh typing, but good for RegenVest sets.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'd like to share some sets:

:enamorus: + :tauros:

HP 74
Atk 140
Def 93
SpA 145
SpD 97
Spe 133
BST 682

Sheer Force is the ability Enamorus really needed, it benefits to both Moonblast, Earth Power, Psychic, or Mystic Fire, I just wish it learned Air Slash or Hurricane tho.

:dragapult: + :basculegion:

HP 88
Atk 148
Def 91
SpA 120
SpD 93
Spe 161
BST 701

I have no idea if it works but using a mixed set might break through things like Blissey/Corviknight.

:scream tail: + :sylveon:

HP 115
Atk 81
Def 115
SpA 92
SpD 147
Spe 126
BST 676

I suppose someone already suggest it; better SpA + Pixilate Boomburst is a fantasy.

:great tusk: + :lycanroc-dusk:

HP 115
Atk 160
Def 147
SpA 66
SpD 69
Spe 114
BST 671

Oh lord, Tough Claws reinforces CC, Headlong Rush, Knock Off and Rapid Spin.

Last edited:
in this replay, my opponent has the names of the base pokemon rather than the ones that they're fused with. If I had to guess, us both having Magic Bounce caused this, but it is a bug, so I'm reporting it.

I'm back with more!
Haxorus has long languished as a sweeper or wallbreaker due to its bad bulk, but now it can shine!
Sweeper Set
:sv/haxorus:+:salamence:
Salamence (Haxorus) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
Banded/Scarfed
:sv/haxorus:+:baxcalibur:
Baxcalibur (Haxorus) @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Ability: Thermal Exchange
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (Adamant if Scarfed)
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- First Impression
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Very awesome idea for a meta. Initial thoughts:
Braviary-Hisui is a great Sheer Force + Life Orb donor for stuff like Iron Moth and Enamorus. Provides way more SpA than anything else with the ability.

Baxcalibur donating to Dragonite or vice versa rips through offensive teams.

I haven't messed with it at all yet, but I'm interested to see how weather play develops with stuff like Gyaraskewda in the rain and Protosynthesis donation/Chlorophyll fire types for sun. I think Lilligant Heatran could be a really sick sun sweeper, for example.

Also, I tried to use Battle Bond Dragapult and nothing happened when I killed a mon. I had it inherit from Greninja-Bond. Is that working as intended?

Breloom (Baxcalibur) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Fairy
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Glaive Rush
- Ice Shard
115/177/112/90/101/104
150-187 base power stab coming off of a base 177 attack stat at +1, the most absurd legal wallbreaker I could think of.

big issue i've noticed with this format. i'm proxy locked if i try to play in the afternoon due to my school wifi blocking showdown and needing to use a vpn, but this is actively a huge handicap. since nicknames aren't allowed if you're locked, i'm pretty sure my pokemon's stats don't get boosts (e.g. my dragapult is still 421 speed with a timid nature). is there any way this could be fixed?

For the third time: New Sets! Yay!
Dragapult+Salamence (greninja's battle bond didn't work lol)
:sv/dragapult:+:salamence:
This is a very fast mon combined with a fast mon, which means tons of speed! There is also a lot of attack and special attack with this and it can have the ability Moxie to boost attack further! There could be a banded set with Dragon Darts (powerful stab+ breaks through sashes), Shadow ball (special due to Dragapult not having a good physical stab), U-turn (Momentum and killing darks yay!), and Psychic fangs (Fighting types and poison types: Beware.)
One final hurrah for Haxorus
(:sv/Haxorus:/:sv/Baxcalibur:)+:kleavor:/:Tauros:
Yes, this combo lacks in speed, but nothing that can be rectified after a Dragon Dance. Having Haxorus for the base means more speed and slightly more attack, while having Baxcalibur means having priority and a second STAB. For the Sheer Force donor, Tauros has less attack but more speed, while Kleavor is the opposite.
Moves+Set
Baxcalibur

You can run Life Orb+Sheer Force, with Dragon Claw/Outrage (Outrage is more powerful, but dragon claw doesn't lock you in), Icicle Crash (flinch chance turns into pure power), Icicle Spear (nICE priority), and Iron Head/Earthquake/Dragon Dance, depending if fairies or steels are more of a problem, OR if you want more power (somehow) or speed (makes sense).
Haxorus
Dragon claw or outrage, dragon dance, Iron Head, and either First Impression for the immediate priority or Night Slash.
Jumping through Hoops
:sv/Hoopa:+:thundurus-therian:
Volt absorb is a neat ability for you to switch in, although it has less power than the Adaptability set above. You could run a scarf set with special moves like Psyshock for Blissey, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, and Focus miss blast. I recommend a speed raising nature since this is pretty slow in Fusion standards. You could also change Thundurus-T with Iron Moth for marginally more speed but less power and losing Volt Absorb.

Last edited:
After playing the meta I’ve noticed some things.
1. yeah, banning ursaluna aint doing that much in terms of it being a donor, ursaring is a phenomenal donor and makes for some horrifying breakers.
2. weather is very good as expected. I like using corv as a setter, for really any weather, I’ve been using Torviknight to setup for modest scarf Walking Zard, reaches above 600 in both spatk and speed, crazy Mon.
3. Pikachu fusions are solid as expected, volt tackle and light ball with actual stats and abilities is crazy, idt they’re broken tho
More thoughts upcoming but those are my first ones.

For the third time: New Sets! Yay!
Dragapult+Greninja
:sv/dragapult:+:greninja-ash: (I am using greninja-ash to show the battle bond ability)
This is a very fast mon combined with a fast mon, which means tons of speed! There is also a lot o attack and special attack with this and it can have the ability Battle Bond. There could be a banded set with Dragon Darts (powerful stab+ breaks through sashes), Shadow ball (special due to Dragapult not having a good physical stab), U-turn (Momentum and killing darks yay!), and Psychic fangs (Fighting types and poison types: Beware.)
One final hurrah for Haxorus
(:sv/Haxorus:/:sv/Baxcalibur:)+:Cetitan:
Yes, this combo lacks in speed, but nothing that can be rectified after a Dragon Dance. Having Haxorus means more speed and slightly more attack, while having Baxcalibur means having priority and a second STAB.
Moves+Set
Baxcalibur

You can run Life Orb+Sheer Force, with Dragon Claw/Outrage (Outrage is more powerful, but dragon claw doesn't lock you in), Icicle Crash (flinch chance turns into pure power), Icicle Spear (nICE priority), and Iron Head/Earthquake/Dragon Dance, depending if fairies or steels are more of a problem, OR if you want more power (somehow) or speed (makes sense).
Haxorus
Dragon claw or outrage, dragon dance, Iron Head, and either First Impression for the immediate priority or Night Slash.
Jumping through Hoops
:sv/Hoopa:+:Tornadus-Therian:
Volt absorb is a neat ability for you to switch in, although it has less power than the Adaptability set above. You could run a scarf set with special moves like Psyshock for Blissey, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, and Focus miss blast. I recommend a speed raising nature since this is pretty slow in Fusion standards. You could also change Tornadus-T with Iron Moth for marginally more speed but less power and losing Volt Absorb.
Im assuming you mean thundurus-t… right?

Mareanie (Overqwil) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Merciless
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Barb Barrage
- Waterfall
- Smart Strike
Hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)