Freson peaked #2

FRESON
(Sorry for my bad english)

Hey Everyone, this is the "Freson"team , which has given me very good results in the PO's ladder reaching the 2nd Place

So here goes the team more depth:

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naive Nature (+ Spd,-Sdef)
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hidden Power Ice will OHKO Dragonite and Flygon, and Choice Scarf gives Infernape the Speed to make that an option, even after Dragonite has Dragon Danced or if Flygon has a Choice Scarf. Close Combat will 2HKO Blissey and Heatran, and easily OHKO TTar.

Well this surprises most of the leads, is fast and access to u-turn can end or catch the most common leads:

-Metagross: no occa berry gives KO

-Azelf: U-turn and switch into Tyranitar on the Phychic/SR
-Jirachi: Jirachi Most of the leads are always scarfers, so they use zen headbutt/iron head, and fireblast is 1HKO
-Heatran: it rarely stays to face Infernape that's why I always use u-turn, if it doesnt switch comes Snorlax

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Sp
Bold Nature (+ Def,-Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Celebi has a great Synergy with Snorlax and this set helps me to counter many pokemons which the team could have some problems. he's a good counter to Gyarados (no bounce), taking hits like a beast and can be surprising on many occasions.

Grass Knot functions as Celebi's STAB move, hitting Tyranitar along with bulky Water-type Pokemon. Recover heals off any damage that Celebi might have taken.

Hidden Power Fire for common Scizor switch.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 100 Def / 140 Sdef
Impish Nature (+ Def,-SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Well here is my entry hazard abuser, I can say he's one of the best physical walls that allows me to put spikes on many occasions (thanks to the many flygons and scizors). Perhaps the leftovers would be a good choice because every day they use less Magnezone, but I can not risk losing a key part of my team as it is skarm, so I'm using the shell shed.

Skarmory benefits from sandstorm and Stealth Rock in order to shuffle through teams more effectively.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 104 Sdef
Careful Nature (+ Sdef,-SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam

Hohoho! this thing is a beast cancels virtually all special sweepers and with this set he continue helping with indirect damage spikes / SR / sandstorm while he can use any free turn and easily retrieve his hp with rest. Body slam is great because it can paralyze the pokemon which otherwise could be a big plus. Heatran Suicune and they can not do anything and if you get a suicune getting loaded with CM, with whirlwind and goodbye to all charges.

This Snorlax is effective at coming in on Pokemon that it effortlessly walls, forcing them out, and then shuffling the team further with Whirlwind.

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sdef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+ Spd,-SAtk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquak
- Roost

Gliscor works great thanks to his ability and access to taunt and stealth rock. This guy stands up very well in phsycal hits and can break the stall with taunt. This is my Skarmory's main counter.

Taunt allows him to beat slower Pokemon from setting up Stealth Rock, while Roost can keep him in good condition as the battle wears on.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+ Spd,-SAtk)

- Stone Edge

- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

In any stall team is good to have a scarfed Tyranitar since it takes care of gengars, Starmie and rotoms which are the ones who can be really trouble some against this team and it also gives me a check on pokemon like Azelf leads, Zapdos and Heatran. I have well covered his scizor, flygon and machamp weakness either by skarm or by Gliscor.

The magic of this set lies in the speedy Pursuit, which gives Tyranitar the ability to put opponents into a checkmate position and eliminate them without fail. While Pursuit is guaranteed to OHKO pokemon like azelf , gengar and starmie.

Well here is the team, and I hope you liked feel free to express your opinion and comment.

Treaths:
-Subsplit Gengar
-Mixed Nape

Hi, this is a really cool team, and congrats on the ladder peak! Although this team has been very successful for you, I do have some suggestions that I feel could improve it.

First of all, there is no spin blocker, yet this team is heavily stall based. Rapid Spin users can destroy the core of your strategy in a single turn. I feel like you have Starmie covered well enough between ScarfApe, Snorlax, and ScarfTar, so that is one spinner I'm not really too concerned of. What really worries me with this team is enemy Forretress. It gets many opportunities to come in on Snorlax and Tyranitar, and it can spin your hazards for free - but the worrying part is how it can lay down multiple layers of its own hazards and slowly kill off your Pokemon that are able to take it on (Infernape, Celebi, Gliscor somewhat but it's just a free Rapid Spin). therefore you can't keep switching in Infernape or Celebi to beat it down, as it'll just switch out after one layer and then come back in later to either get the spin off or to lay up more hazards. I think that Celebi is the most replaceable member of this team - yeah it's a great physical wall, etc etc, but it doesn't really seem to contribute that much. I think a defensive Rotom-H could work wonders here - it's still a great physical wall while providing a way to roast Forretress trying to Rapid Spin and lay hazards on you.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers | EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe | Levitate | Bold
Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp / Overheat / Pain Split

Overheat is really the crux of this set. It is never seen on Leftovers Rotom, so Forretress will think it's smart and will try to lay up some Spikes after having its spin blocked only to get swiftly KO'd. This Rotom also gives you a solid Gyarados counter which your Celebi was. The speed EVs seem odd, but they give you what you lost by dropping Celebi - a solid Breloom counter. You now can deal with it by having your sleep absorber take the Spore, then sending in Rotom on the Substitute. You outspeed thanks to the significant speed investment, breaking the Sub with Thunderbolt while you get hit with a Seed Bomb. You then are able to get a surprise kill with Overheat while they attempt to continue peppering you with Seed Bombs, thinking Thunderbolt is your best way of damaging them. It's a set I came up with when struggling with Loom and it works great - it's a hybrid of offense and defense.

Another change I'd like you to consider is ResTalk Gyarados over Snorlax. It provides you with a bulky water, a sleep absorber, and a phazer, which is what Snorlax was minus the bulky water part. Its Intimidate will also help you in countering Loom, not to mention it counters Infernape, which the team has problems with, mainly physically mixed variants, as you lack a secure switchin. The set:

Gyarados @ Leftovers | EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef | Intimidate | Impish
Waterfall / Roar / Rest / Sleep Talk

Anyways hope I helped, great team and grats on #2!

This looks like a very interesting and solid team (as shown by it's ladder peak), but you say you have some issues in MixApe and SubSplit Gengar.

To solve the issue you have with MixApe, I recommend using a Wish Vaporeon. It takes on Infernape very well, taking its hit easily and hitting back with a STAB super effective Surf. It also provides your team with handy Wish support, letting your team last much longer. As for who to replace, I think Tyranitar is a bit redundant on your team. Its best trait on defensive teams is trapping the opposing spinblocker so your spinner can spin freely, but seeing as you lack one, it's a bit redundant on your team. You gain a bit of a Starmie, Rotom-A and Gengar weakness, so I recommend using a Pursuit or Crunch Snorlax. Your Snorlax doesn't need Rest for recovery anymore, as Vaporeon provides reliable recovery with Wish. I recommend using either a Choice Band Snorlax, who can come in on special attackers and launch off powerful attacks, or a Tank Snorlax, who trades the power of Choice Band for the survivability of Leftovers.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SDef
Bold Nature (+ Def,-Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Roar

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+ Atk,-SAtk)
- Body Slam / Return
- Pursuit / Selfdestruct
- Crunch
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

---

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+ Atk,-SAtk)
- Body Slam / Return
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Selfdestruct

As a last note, you might want to consider moving SR from Gliscor to Infernape, Celebi or Skarmory (probably Celebi). When you move Stealth Rock from Gliscor to Celebi, you have room for either Toxic or U-Turn. This allows you to abuse Taunt much better.

Anyways, good luck with your team!

Blazin thanks for the rating , but if i put Rotom-h in the team i will be more weak to subsplit gengar.

Tomahawk: I will try Vaporeon + Tank Snorlax Thanks for the rating.

Blazin thanks for the rating , but if i put Rotom-h in the team i will be more weak to subsplit gengar.
Well, if you use Rotom-H over Celebi, it won't make a difference, seeing as Celebi folds up and dies in the face of an LO Shadow Ball from Gengar. Scarftar kills it whether you've got Rotom or Celebi.

Well, if you use Rotom-H over Celebi, it won't make a difference, seeing as Celebi folds up and dies in the face of an LO Shadow Ball from Gengar. Scarftar kills it whether you've got Rotom or Celebi.
Scarftar is a shaky check to Subsplit Gar. Gengar almost always has a sub up. You break its sub and die from focus blast. The only way he can beat Subsplit gar is by breaking its sub with infernape and then pursuiting it. And Infernape isn't alive that often.

Scarftar is a shaky check to Subsplit Gar. Gengar almost always has a sub up. You break its sub and die from focus blast. The only way he can beat Subsplit gar is by breaking its sub with infernape and then pursuiting it. And Infernape isn't alive that often.
I'm aware that Scarftar isn't the greatest check in the world to SubSplit Gengar. What I'm saying is that Celebi does not make him any less weak to SubSplit Gar, which he implied when he said he'd become more weak to Gar if he put Rotom-H on the team. Infernape is actually alive more often than you'd think because even though it's a lead, it's got a fast U-turn and doesn't die as quickly as the suicide lead does.

BFFO :0
Nice team as always, you love your Tyranitar, Gliscor and Skarmory don't you? i always see them on your teams.
I was going to suggest a Vaporeon but Tomahawk already did, the only thing that i think can somewhat help you against your Mixape and PainSplit Gengar weakness is maybe a Specially Defensive Zapdos instead of Celebi

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Calm 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Discharge / Thunderbolt
Heat Wave / hp Grass / Ice
Roost
Roar

This way you can still check bulky waters, beat Scizor, phaze to increase the spikes damage, outstall Gengar, and have a good chance to beat MixApe especially if you're able to paralyze it (Scarftran is dead weight with paralysis too) , not to mention that Close Combat and even hp Ice doesn't do jack shit to you. Hp grass is not totally necessary because spikes can take care of Swampert (and Blissey) and hp ice can take care of the dragons in one hit (Mixnite i'm talking about you)
The only "problem" is that you'll be a little weak to bulky Gyarados so you need to use hp electric on Vappy.
PD: :U

Hi, I got your message but BKC has already covered things nicely. Rotom > Zapdos as a Celebi replacement, because a spinblocker is just a necessity and the two are rather similar anyway. Your team basically covers every Water-type anyway, so Celebi isn't completely needed.

Mixape remains a problem, so I think Roar Vaporeon could fit over Snorlax. Vaporeon covers a lot of threats that Snorlax does (Skarmory can take Grass-types), and Wish is really helpful over the long run. I'd keep ScarfTar to trap Starmie / non-subbed Gengar, and because it makes dealing with Zapdos less annoying. If you don't find Wish necessary, a RestTalk Gyarados phazer would also be good and would help out significantly vs Breloom.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The team looks pretty solid, but i think LO Starmie can cause some problems. While Ttar can outspeed and trap it, most Pokemon on your team have trouble switching in on it (barring Snorlax)

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
~ Body Slam
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake
~ Selfdestruct / Rest

This Snorlax will let you Check Gengar and Starmie who are pretty annoying to this team from what i can see. It can take their special attacks easily, and trap them with pursuit!

GL with the team, hope I helped :)

The team looks pretty solid, but i think LO Starmie can cause some problems. While Ttar can outspeed and trap it, most Pokemon on your team have trouble switching in on it (barring Snorlax)

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
~ Body Slam
~ Pursuit
~ Earthquake
~ Selfdestruct / Rest

This Snorlax will let you Check Gengar and Starmie who are pretty annoying to this team from what i can see. It can take their special attacks easily, and trap them with pursuit!

GL with the team, hope I helped :)
Im wouldn't use Pursuit on that Snorlax, he has no boosting item, ability, or STAB, so it's kinda weak. it does around ~50% to nonswitching Gengar.
scenario:
gengar used focus blast - snorlax lost 45%
snorlax used pursuit - gengar lost 50%
gengar used focus blast - snorlax lost 45%
snorlax used pursuit - gengar died
snorlax is at 15%

Use Crunch and them it becomes the exact same Snorlax as I suggested and he is testing now.

No offense.

But what are the odds of Focus Blast hitting twice in a row? Haha.

I really thought this team could work well with an Encore user. But while OU lacks any viable Encore users, my suggestions would be a bit of a stretch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)