From Untiereds to Ubers

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Why do we need to change the post? You should have a spreadsheet to monitor shit.
Thanks for asking, here is the full answer:
Bc it’s easier for people who are new to find the full layout of the post, which includes the explanation of why that Pokémon should be used.

I recently took over the Thread and have edited the Reserved Posts for the Role Compendum, as well as the Winning Submissions List which links to the original post.

By people being able to click on that, I can ensure they see how it is meant to be used - including Damage Calcs, movesets, good teammates, role /versatility on team niche, checks/counters, etc. that just don’t fit very well into a spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet is helpful, especially for coding, but seeing the original post makes the formatting easier to read through, especially on mobile devices with smaller screens - like an iPhone.

Additionally, the spreadsheet includes all Untiered Pokémon, like the ones who have not won, and can be difficult to find what you are looking for.

Therefore, the Winning Submissions and Role Compendum which links to the original post would be better with the final version.

Otherwise, I have to create additional hyperlinks to connect to the Nomination changes Explanations.

Further, the updated posts make it easier to track regardless since there won’t need to be an exhaustive list of changes to find scattered throughout the thread.

Since your posts are just a literal change in stats, not a change in anything else, I don’t see why that would be too much to ask? Do you?

Last edited:
Okay, for this slate I will specifically focus on slow powerhouses that work under Trick Room due to how a majority of offensive threats in Ubers are plagued by low speed.
:sm/exeggutor:
Pokémon: Exeggutor
Typing:
/

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Harvest / Analytic
Stats: 95 / 60 / 115 / 150 / 115 / 75 (600 BST)
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Signal Beam, Weather Ball, Coconut Blast
Custom Move Description: 100 BP, 85% Acc, 10 PP, 20% to burn the foe
Competitive (niche in Ubers): A powerful wallbreaker that can sweep with NP and wreck foes. Analytic gives it more oomph behind its attacks due to its awful speed, and its new toy in Coconut Blast packs a good punch and can scare away physical attackers with the possible threat of a burn. Surprisingly, Grass / Psychic STAB actually hits many common pokemon hard, such as Arceus-Ground, Primal Kyogre, Marshadow, Electivire, and Relicanth. Combine that with FB and you'll have an unkillable monster. Well, actually, it still has downsides, such as its typing being absolutely horrendous defensively, as well as horrible speed leaving it weak to many faster pokes.
:sm/ursaring:
Pokémon: Ursaring
Typing:
/

Abilities: Guts / Iron Fist / Defiant
Stats: 100 / 150 / 100 / 60 / 100 / 75 (580 BST)
New Moves: Drain Punch, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Sucker Punch, Pursuit
Competitive (niche in Ubers): A pokemon that works wonders in tandem with Exeggutor, with it dealing with the Dark and Steel-types that Exeggutor loathes, in returning for Exeggutor dealing with Fairies and opposing Fighting types. Guts makes Ursaring's attacks deliver major hurt on opponents, and when combined with an SD, things just blow up. It gets new tools as well, including more Dark STAB (most notably Knock Off and Sucker Punch) a new Fighting STAB in Drain Punch, and Parting Shot. Unfortunately, like Exeggutor, its speed is awful outside of Trick Room, and its typing is even worse defensively due to the multitude of Fairy-types in Ubers, as well as pokemon like Simisage and Electivire.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Okay, for this slate I will specifically focus on slow powerhouses that work under Trick Room due to how a majority of offensive threats in Ubers are plagued by low speed.
:sm/exeggutor:
Pokémon: Exeggutor
Typing:
/

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Harvest / Timely Manner
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): Timely Manner - Sets Trick Room upon switch-in
Stats: 95 / 60 / 115 / 150 / 115 / 75 (600 BST)
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Signal Beam, Seed Flare, Weather Ball
Competitive (niche in Ubers): A powerful wallbreaker that doesn't have to worry about not being able to set up TR due to its ability automatically setting it up for it. From there, it can sweep with NP and wreck foes. Surprisingly, Grass / Psychic STAB actually hits many common pokemon hard, such as Arceus-Ground, Primal Kyogre, Marshadow, Electivire, and Relicanth. Combine that with FB and you'll have an unkillable monster. Well, actually, it still has downsides, such as its typing being absolutely horrendous defensively, as well as horrible speed once TR ends.
:sm/ursaring:
Pokémon: Ursaring
Typing:
/

Abilities: Guts / Iron Fist / Defiant
Stats: 100 / 150 / 100 / 60 / 100 / 75 (580 BST)
New Moves: Drain Punch, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Sucker Punch, Pursuit
Competitive (niche in Ubers): A pokemon that works wonders in tandem with Exeggutor, with it dealing with the Dark and Steel-types that Exeggutor loathes, in returning for Exeggutor dealing with Fairies and opposing Fighting types. Guts makes Ursaring's attacks deliver major hurt on opponents, and when combined with an SD, things just blow up. It gets new tools as well, including more Dark STAB (most notably Knock Off and Sucker Punch) a new Fighting STAB in Drain Punch, and Parting Shot. Unfortunately, like Exeggutor, its speed is awful outside of Trick Room, and its typing is even worse defensively due to the multitude of Fairy-types in Ubers, as well as pokemon like Simisage and Electivire.
I feel Seed Flare is too strong for it.

Could you create a new Grass custom move that doesn’t have the same effect?

I just don’t like the idea of anything trying to check it, only to get -2 SpD and suddenly Exeggutor is unstoppable. Trick Room already prevents faster sweepers from revenge killing it, and now walls will suffer too.

How about:

Coconut Flare: Fires out Coconuts that are full of spicy flavor that can explode; 20% to Burn the foe.

100 Base power, 85% accuracy, and 10 PP (16 with PP up), Special, No contact.

Shaymin-S doesn’t have 150 SpA, and it’s Serene Grace doesn’t slow down the opponents, so I lowered Coconut Flare to be 100 Base Power. As it’s 120 Base SpA is 80% of Exeggutor’s Base 150, so Coconut Flare should be 80% of Seed Flare.

What do you think?

Last edited:
:sm/carnivine:
Pokémon: Carnivine
Typing: Grass / Dark
Ability: Levitate / Strong Jaw / Triage
Stats: 96 / 112 / 82 / 110 / 82 / 98 | 580 BST
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Nasty Plot, Stone Edge, Dark Pulse, Taunt, Leech Life, Fire Fang
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Carnivine is capable of either being a strong revenge killer with Triage, easily stopping Arceus-Ground and Kyogre in their wakes, and being able to revenge kill many other strong threats at middle percentages, such as Marshadow. It also has strong setup, capable of boosting through certain targets depending on the type of set, such as Yveltal. Sadly, it generally cannot afford the coverage for these Pokemon as it is too slow to pull off a sweep otherwise, and may need to take a backseat if Mega Salamence and Yveltal are on the field. Ho-oh hard counters Triage too. Levitate is there for flavor.
Carnivine @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot

Carnivine @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch / Stone Edge
- Power Whip / Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Carnivine @ Dread Plate
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Sleep Powder
- Swords Dance

:sm/crabominable:
Pokémon: Crabominable
Typing: Ice / Fighting
Ability: Fur Coat / Technician
Stats: 137 / 149 / 43 / 67 / 113 / 51 | 560 BST
New Moves: Arm Thrust, Ice Shard, Mach Punch, Circle Throw
Competitive (niche in Ubers):
Crabominable has an interesting ideology. It can either be used as an all out attacking revenge killer that is capable of switching and forcing out a few targets, or a bulky physical tank with Fur Coat. However, its absolutely abysmal defense means that one has to choose between the two and hybridization is difficult. Crabominable thus presents an interesting niche - a Pokemon with complete duality in what it does. Its main Pokemon to force out are things like Arceus-Ground, Yveltal and other bulky mons incapable of hitting it hard on the special side.
Crabominable @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Mach Punch
- Ice Shard
- Close Combat

Crabominable @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Ice Hammer / Sleep Talk
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm / Circle Throw
- Rest / Toxic

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Auto Trick Room has been complete cancer in any pet mod it was present in
My concern is that it can use Room Key to extend its duration (an Item I created with Mr. Mime), and that it could use Sleep Powder, Nasty Plot, Earth Power and Coconut Flare.

Maybe just give Exeggutor Quick Feet and Flame Orb?

This takes up an item slot, and is enough off of 75 Speed, but forces it to invest into Speed rather than use Life Orb and mixed Offenses.

I think that would be more fair.

D1D7CE9A-A626-4149-A964-FDB21A663CE7.jpeg

Demon Dragon I think due to its strong SpA and movepool that Quick Feet makes it a more balanced ability.

Last edited:
My concern is that it can use Room Key to extend its duration (an Item I created with Mr. Mime), and that it could use Sleep Powder, Nasty Plot, Earth Power and Coconut Flare.

Maybe just give Exeggutor Quick Feet and Flame Orb?

This takes up an item slot, and is enough off of 75 Speed, but forces it to invest into Speed rather than use Life Orb and mixed Offenses.

I think that would be more fair.

View attachment 195003

Demon Dragon I think due to its strong SpA and movepool that Quick Feet makes it a more balanced ability.
Okay, I took your move suggestion, but Quick Feet didn’t really fit for me, so I gave it Analytic instead. Does that work OM?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
A mediocre buff to a mon that’s not even viable in ZU. It’s gonna need way more to work
I think he wants actual suggestions though?
Thoughts on my Bastiodon submission?
Let’s consider what sets it uniquely apart.

I could see it getting a unique ability, such as - Armored Plates:
“Takes 25% less damage from contact moves.”

This would replace Solid Rock.

Let’s give it consideration in better handling it’s own biggest uses - Bulk.

Let’s give it more HP so you don’t have to spend 180 on each Defense. Make its HP 105, Defenses 150 each, and Attack 95 (lower SpA to 60).

150 x 2 = 300 + 105 + 95 = 500 + 60 SpA and 40 Spe = 600 BST and still less bulky than Giratina.

Now let’s give it Magnet Pull over Sturdy, so it can uniquely trap Steels, and pack some good coverage moves like Shadow Bone, and Bonemerang to hurt them:

“The bones of its face are huge and hard, so they were mistaken for its spine until after this Pokémon was successfully restored”

It passes the flavor/lore bill.

It should also get Spikes, as it has then protruding from its helmet like skull:

“Bastiodon's cream yellow eyes are partially obscured by the nasal spike and spaced-out tusks. Its thick, cream yellow body is further protected by a gray ridge and dark gray plates on its back, jagged growths on its legs, and a plated tail.”
A9D4AD42-D5D6-4B36-9DDB-1E23B161CF4A.png

Let me know what you think?
Okay, I took your move suggestion, but Quick Feet didn’t really fit for me, so I gave it Analytic instead. Does that work OM?
That’s fine. In just concerned without a Speed Boost it won’t be able to hit hard before going down, as even U-Turn and other moves like Ice Beam will Break it (Analytic wants it to be slow to get the boost).

But honestly, I don’t have a problem with Analytic. Your call.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Jynx
Typing: Ice / Psychic
Abilities: Adaptability / No Guard / Hypnotizing Essence
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): The pokemon's non-contact attacks have a 25% chance to put the opponent to sleep.
Stats: 70 / 50 / 70 / 160 / 110 / 130 (590 BST)
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Dazzling Gleam
Competitive (niche in Ubers): A powerful Nasty Plot sweeper that takes advantage of its good offensive typing and ability in Hypnotic Essence to set up Nasty Plot and then immediately destroy a huge chunk of the opponent's team. However, Jynx's below-average physical bulk and poor defensive typing leaves it vulnerable to priority such as Simisage's Bullet Punch or Primal Groudon.
Hypnotizing Essence seems... really uncompetitive. Adaptability and No Guard already offer so much, why don't you just get rid of the custom ability? It certainly will save our coders a bit of trouble

Bellossom.gif
Pokémon: Bellossom
Typing:

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Poison Heal / Natural Cure
Stats: 90 / 85 / 110 / 105 / 115 / 95 | 600 BST
New Moves: Fiery Dance, Earth Power
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Bellossom is a Pokémon with so much potential that GF has yet to tap into. With a requisite stat buff and the addition of Poison Heal (a thematically appropriate ability to have, considering its pre-evolutions), Bellossom is already stellar! Quiver Dance and Strength Sap are both godsends here, and Poison Heal, of course, blocks status. Extra coverage options in Fiery Dance and Earth Power give Bellossom more of an ability to handle its checks. Unfortunately, super weak to Ho-Oh and most variants of P-Don, but it brings enough to the table to warrant a use.

Pokémon: Bellossom
Typing:

Abilities:
Levitate / Combative
Combative: This Pokémon's Fighting-type moves receive STAB (Steelworker clone)​
Stats: 90 / 120 / 135 / 75 / 135 / 45 | 600 BST
New Moves: Superpower, Drain Punch, Knock Off, Life Drain
Life Drain: Ghost-type, 80 BP, 10 (max. 16) PP, Physical, contact, leeches 50% damage dealt (Leech Life clone)​
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Underutilized defensive typing + perfect STAB combo. What else needs to be said?

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
BE2E8A2C-E2CC-4623-B19C-BC01ECAA8622.jpeg

The pink of Corsola that live in Alola is deep and vibrant, thanks to seas filled with nutrition.

The points on its head absorb nutrients from clear water. They cannot survive in polluted water.

Pokémon: Corsola
Typing: Water / Rock
Abilities: Protean / Mega Launcher / Foam Bath
Foam Bath: Increases both the Defense and Special Attack Stats of the User by +50% when Raining (Opposite of Flower Gift)
Stats: 105 / 69 / 110 / 105 / 110 / 101 | 600 BST
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Origin Pulse, Spikes, Coral Pulse
Coral Pulse: Rock-type, 80 BP, 10 (max. 16) PP, Special, Non-Contact, Pulse Move, 30% chance to lower the foe’s Speed by 1
Competitive (niche in Ubers): As a balanced Pokémon, Corsola thrives off of its versatility-

•Protein let’s it take advantage of its wide movepool, and survive hits if it changes Typing.

•Mega Launcher trades only boosting some moves, but without fear of a worse type (Ice Beam turning it to Ice), or changing type on a non-Attack move such as Recover making it Normal.

•Foam Bath lets it focus its EV investment on HP and Special Defense while it benefits off of Rain for Defense and Special Attack. Survivability VS Physical Attacks while dishing out more damage, under Rain support, let’s it better check the meta.

Further, it has a niche Spikes support option, and paired with Protein... changes it into a Ground-type, avoiding stray Thunder(bolts), without resorting to using Earth Power.

Finally, a good Speed Tier lets it outspeed the standard 100 Speed threshold.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Pokémon: Jynx
Typing: Ice / Psychic
Abilities: Adaptability / No Guard
Stats: 70 / 50 / 70 / 160 / 110 / 130 (590 BST)
As usual, these subs are suspicious.

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Jynx Subzero Slammer (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 301-355 (75.6 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Jynx Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Magearna: 180-212 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Jynx Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 306-360 (75.9 - 89.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Adaptability Jynx Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 540-636 (84.1 - 99%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
However, Jynx's below-average physical bulk and poor defensive typing leaves it vulnerable to priority such as Simisage's Bullet Punch or Primal Groudon.
Oh yes I love Simisage's Bullet Punch used solely to KO J-
252 Atk Life Orb Simisage Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jynx: 161-190 (57.2 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
nvm

oh yeah i like primal groudon the priority attack

Additionally, I just noticed the brokenness of Static Signal. It's literally a better Sticky Web, and it comes on a mon that doesn't have to be a suicide lead. If you try to mention Electric types, a follow-up question: which?

plus the ground types in the tier (besides groundceus) are pretty easily outsped anyway (if static signal doesn't affect ground types).

Maybe have Static Signal remove itself after one use (so it can only paralyze one mon)?
Well then, you're going to have to constantly re-set it, and I want to avoid this happening. Maybe make it so that Ground-types can't absorb it, but can "nullify" it. What I mean is that if a Primal Groudon switches in while Static Signal is up, it will essentially purge it of its effects.
oh yeah i like primal groudon the priority attack
Great. I feel stupid now.
Abilities: Protein / Mega Launcher / Foam Bath
Not a huge oversight, but you misspelled Protean.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Maybe make it so that Ground-types can't absorb it, but can "nullify" it. What I mean is that if a Primal Groudon switches in while Static Signal is up, it will essentially purge it of its effects.
idk what the difference is between this and just removing them assuming i understand this correctly

What about having Electric-types absorb it?
If you try to mention Electric types, a follow-up question: which?

At the moment, Electric types already absorb Static Signal. Ground types are not immune. It was basically coded as much as of an electric t-spikes clone as possible.

I agree it seems hella broken, it's basically sticky web on steroids and that move is already annoying af.

At the moment, Electric types already absorb Static Signal. Ground types are not immune. It was basically coded as much as of an electric t-spikes clone as possible.

I agree it seems hella broken, it's basically sticky web on steroids and that move is already annoying af.
That's what I'm suggesting: that Static Signal should no longer affect ground-types.

EDIT: Hey OM! or Jamis361, when do you guys plan to start voting?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)