From Untiereds to Ubers

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I will be on Vacation from July 2-10, so we will simply keep the slates open from now until July 12 to give people time to create and edit any slates.

Voting will commence as soon as submission ends on July 13, and we will have a voting for 1 week thru July 19th.

I am encouraging everyone to provide helpful feedback, so that way we encourage helpful submissions that you will want to vote for.

Remember, you can only vote for your own submission once, and the other 4 have to be someone else’s, so why not find ways to benefit each other’s submissions so that way you can point out anything that will make it better for the meta.

Even if you don’t vote for a particular submission, others may vote and make it win the slate, so tips are a way of ensuring if it does win, whether you voted for it or not, that it will be a healthy addition to the metagame.

Be fair and objective, confess why it would make sense to add this or remove that or edit whatever. Your point will be taken seriously if you explain with class. Without the sass.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Pachirisu
Typing: Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb / Adaptability / Motor Drive
Stats: 100 / 30 / 90 / 120 / 125 / 135 | 600 BST
New Moves: Wish, Healing Wish, Heal Bell, Baton Pass, Reflect, Light Screen, Nasty Plot, Switcheroo, Static Signal
Custom Move Information (if applicable): Electric, Status, --- BP, ---% Acc, 10 PP (max: 16)
Custom Move Description (what effects it has): Paralyzes grounded foes on switch in. Does not stack.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Pachirisu finds itself a niche in Ubers as a fast support pokemon that can also take on different roles as well outside of pure support due to its well-rounded stats on both sides. It has a high HP stat, making it an excellent user of Wish and Healing Wish, while its high speed and special bulk allow it to safely utilize Heal Bell and both of the Screens, giving support to pokemon such as Primal Groudon and Dusk Mane Necrozma, and making Dual Screens variants great partners with Mega Gengar and Ultra Necrozma. Switcheroo allows it to mess up defensive staples such as Ferrothorn and Zygarde-Complete. Its signature hazard-setting move, Static Signal, allows it to screw up common fast offensive pokemon such as Xerneas, although Ground-Types such as Primal Groudon and Zygarde-C don't really care about it. While it may have fantastic role compression, high HP, and great stats across the board, Pachirisu will often struggle against strong physical attackers such as Primal Groudon, Deoxys-A, and Dusk Mane Necrozma due to its average physical defense stat, though, not to mention that mono - Electric is a somewhat poor typing offensively, being sponged up easily by Primal Groudon and Ultra Necrozma, although it does help with disposing of Yveltal, Primal Kyogre, and Arceus-Water.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Everyone please submit more slates entries. We need more options for voting considerations.

Further... imagine seeing your creation brought to life! That only happens when you vote and submit a winning slate idea!

Congrats to charizard8888 for becoming our first official coder!
After this slate ends we can start the coding process and bring those winning ideas to life!

Feel free to also join our Discord discussions and talk about current and past slates, submission ideas for slate concepts, and past winners and losers (and suggested changes to them all)!

https://discord.gg/bJfXJcd

Let’s keep this ball rolling!
Feedback encouraged, and submissions accepted!

Last edited:
Pokemon: Arbok
Typing: Poison/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate/Shed Skin/Multiscale
Stats: 110 / 115 / 114 / 60 / 124 / 77 | 600 BST
New Moves: Swords Dance, Knock Off, Power Whip, Death Fang
Custom Move Information: Death Fang | Dark | Physical | 150 Base Power | 15PP | 60% accuracy | 100% chance of badly poison.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Physical Tank. Only one weakness along with 110/114/124 defenses makes Arbok very tough. Coil or Swords Dance can be used to buff arbok even further. Coil especially if you aim to use Death Fang.

Last edited:
Hello all! I return with good news: all 6 of the 2nd placers from the last slate are winners! No tie-breaks this time, OM! and I have decided, since there are so many Pokémon we still have left to choose from. With that, here are my incredibly lazy resubs!

Pokémon: Luvdisc
Typing:

Abilities: Hydration / Marvel Scale / Multiscale
Stats: 103 / 60 / 85 / 90 / 95 / 107 | 540 BST
New Moves: Lovely Kiss, Quiver Dance, Recover, Moonblast, Refresh
Custom Item: Love Armor
Love Armor: If held, boosts Luvdisc's Def and SpD stats by 1.5x and adds the Steel typing (Love Armor cannot be removed from Luvdisc).​
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Ah, Luvdisc. You're so bad. The trouble with this Pokémon is, it don't look like much. So, I kept the stats relatively tame for an Uber. However, where this thing really shines is with its new signature item, the Love Armor. An incredible never-before-seen type combination in Water-Fairy-Steel brings some amazing resistances to the table, as well as a much-luv'd immunity to Toxic. An incredible boosting move in Quiver Dance and access to instant recovery make this thing a huge defensive threat. It even has Moonblast for a phenominal mono-Attacking set. Lovely Kiss is pretty nice as well, allowing for safer set-up opportunities. However, Luvdisc is held back a little bit by its huge weakness to Primal Groudon, but with proper team support, it can come out and sweep through unsuspecting opponents.

Pokémon: Rapidash
Typing:

Abilities: Flash Fire / Pixilate / Hard Hooves
Hard Hooves: Raises the power of contact moves by 1.3x (Tough Claws clone).
Stats: 95 / 130 / 70 / 90 / 80 / 135 | 600 BST
New Moves: Play Rough, Sacred Sword, U-turn
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Rocking the yet-unseen fantastic offensive typing of Fire-Fairy, Rapidash finally makes its mark on the competitive scene. Rapidash would have the unique option of either more powerful Fairy STAB, or more powerful Fire STAB and coverage options. Speaking of coverage, this thing's got it out the wazoo: Fighting, Ground, Electric, everything you could possibly want on such an offensive monster. A large HP increase allows Rapidash to more easily spam its strong recoil moves, whether that be Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, or Pixilate-boosted Double-Edge. It's still pretty frail, and Fire-Fairy really isn't the best defensively, so it's all about making the right calls and bringing Rapidash in when your opponent least expects it. Of course, if you're so inclined, U-turn is great for momentum, even if it costs Rapidash a valuable moveslot for coverage.

Bellossom.gif
Pokémon: Bellossom
Typing:

Abilities: Chlorophyll / Poison Heal / Natural Cure
Stats: 90 / 85 / 110 / 105 / 115 / 95 | 600 BST
New Moves: Fiery Dance, Earth Power
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Rounding out the Fire-Water-Grass(-Fairy) core of my subs this time around, we have Bellossom, a Pokémon with so much potential that GF has yet to tap into. With a requisite stat buff and the addition of Poison Heal (a thematically appropriate ability to have, considering its pre-evolutions), Bellossom is already stellar! Quiver Dance and Strength Sap are both godsends here, and Poison Heal, of course, blocks status. Extra coverage options in Fiery Dance and Earth Power give Bellossom more of an ability to handle its checks. Unfortunately, super weak to Ho-Oh and most variants of P-Don, but it brings enough to the table to warrant a use.

Last edited:

Pokémon: Swalot
Typing: Poison/Steel
Abilities: Gooey/Poison Point/Thick Fat
Stats: 113/83/123/83/123/55 (554)
New Moves: Slack Off, Disable, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Toxic Thread, Baneful Bunker,
Competitive (niche in Ubers): With a pretty good defensive typing which only have one very common weakness in the very popular ground type. That weakness allow Primal Groudon to come in almost for free but they still have to watch out for toxics. Being part steel allows it to tank hits from some of the heavy hitter of the tier like Xerneas and some forms of Arceus. Gooey allow Swalot to break down opponent speeds so it teammates can outspeed if it faint but it is a bit situational. Like Gooey, Poison Point can be situational by allowing Swalot to punish physical attackers by poisoning them. Thick Fat allow Swalot to come in some attacks that it won’t otherwise want to.

View attachment 185587
New Moves: Slack Off, Disable, Flash Cannon, Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Toxic Thread, Baneful Bunker,
Competitive (niche in Ubers): With a pretty good defensive typing which only have one very common weakness in the very popular ground type. That weakness allow Primal Groudon to come in almost for free but they still have to watch out for toxics. Being part steel allows it to tank hits from some of the heavy hitter of the tier like Xerneas and some forms of Arceus. Gooey allow Swalot to break down opponent speeds so it teammates can outspeed if it faint but it is a bit situational. Like Gooey, Poison Point can be situational by allowing Swalot to punish physical attackers by poisoning them. Thick Fat allow Swalot to come in some attacks that it won’t otherwise want to.
Unfortunately, you cannot sub Swalot, as it has already won a slate.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Watchog
Typing
: Normal / Ghost
Ability: No Guard / Illuminate | HA: Analytic
Stats: 106 HP / 130 Atk / 90 Def / 156 SpA / 90 SpD / 110 Spe (Great stats you got there)
BST: 670
New Moves: +Hyper Voice +Shadow Claw +Phantom Force +Shadow Sneak
Competitive Niche: Watchog is here to wreck face. A stunning wallbreaker with Nasty Plot and 156 SpA while having the coveted Normal Ghost typing immediately gives it a fantastic niche as a check to the likes of Mega Gegar, Marshadow, and other Necrozma DM. It has plenty of hilarious tech within its movepool to abuse like Hypnosis, various coverage, Twave and Super Fang. Flaws include its not the bulkiest thing around, and while it outpaces the 90 Speed tier, faster threats like Ultra Necrozma and Mega Salamence can threaten it.

Swanna
Typing
: Water / Flying
Ability: Early Bird
Stats: 82 HP / 127 Atk / 73 Def / 127 SpA / 73 SpD / 118 Spe
BST: 653
New Moves: +Swords Dance +Hydro Pump +U-turn +Grass Knot
Competitive Niche: A Primal Groudon check. A very competent one at that. This niche is probably so big and obvious, I shouldn't need to explain it, but know that this Pokémon would effectively make PDon quiver in its primordial boots.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
PLEASE NOTE I HAVE EDITED MY POST (always check the edit times in case you came across an earlier edited draft).

VOTING BEGINS TOMORROW - POST YOUR SUBMISSIONS / FEEDBACK TODAY!
I am going to pat myself on the back for typing this up from my iPhone, editing from scratch whatever I didn’t paste.
View attachment 185587
Why not just switch it to Muk?

Edit- Since we close the submissions today, and I don’t know if you will see it in time to change it, I am going to automatically edit your submission to Muk.

This is the only way to save your submission and I think it’s a fair change since it’s the next closest thing, type and characteristically speaking.
1A5FD8C1-9C32-47B5-94B1-E154596B6278.jpeg
Pokémon: Muk
Competitive (niche in Ubers): With a pretty good defensive typing which only have one very common weakness in the very popular ground type. That weakness allow Primal Groudon to come in almost for free but they still have to watch out for toxics. Being part steel allows it to tank hits from some of the heavy hitter of the tier like Xerneas and some forms of Arceus. Gooey allow Muk to break down opponent speeds so it teammates can outspeed if it faint but it is a bit situational. Like Gooey, Poison Point can be situational by allowing Muk to punish physical attackers by poisoning them. Thick Fat allows Muk to come in some attacks that it won’t otherwise want to.
——————
Edit-

Jamis361

Can we please add this to the OP? It will be much easier to track so we don’t have to worry about someone accidentally submitting a repeat Pokémon-

Here is a short list of slate winners:

SLATE 1:

1st Place Winners

Persian - 5 votes OM!

Wailord - 5 votes Scoopapa

——————

2nd Place Tie Winners

Farfetch’d - 4 votes Failure999
Wigglytuff - 4 votes Jamis361
Kecleon - 4 votes Anaconja
Solrock - 4 votes Tmi489

SLATE 2

1st Place Winner

Swalot - 5 votes G-Luke

——————

2nd Place Tie Winners

Lunatone - 4 votes OM!
Huntail - 4 votes Steel With It
Cherrim - 4 votes Scoopapa
Rampardos- 4 votes Demon Dragon
Heatmor - 4 votes Anaconja
Maractus - 4 votes Stealthbomber16
————————
EDIT:
Stats: 110 / 115 / 114 / 50 / 124 / 105 | 618 BST
New Moves: Swords Dance, Knock Off, Power Whip, Death Fang
Custom Move Information: Death Fang | Dark | Physical | 150 Base Power | 15PP | 60% accuracy | OHKO if it gets a crit.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Physical Tank. Only one weakness along with 110/114/124 defenses makes Arbok very tough. Coil or Swords Dance can be used to buff arbok even further. Coil especially if you aim to use Death Fang.
I think 1HKO moves are banned in Ubers and I don’t want your signature move to be the sole reason someone didn’t vote for your submission. Also please lower your BST to 600, and raise your SpA to 60 per Jamis361 ’s General expectation. By doing so we can make these Pokémon fit into Ubers which is an already established tier, without overpowering Pokémon in Ubers. Ultimately by having to increase SpA by 10, while reducing the BST to 600, we have essentially lowered its other stats by 28:

Submission Reminder

Please consider altering the effects, such as it will Toxic Poison if it Critical Hits. As this Pet Mod is based off of Ubers please consider that we still follow the Uber Tier rules, which includes the 1HKO Clause:

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/uber/

Since we are low on time. I will make an exception on the BST if you don’t see this before tomorrow, and allow it as a submission.

However, I will change the effect in the Signature move Death Fang to Toxic Poison if it Critical Hit unless you think of another effect instead before voting commences tomorrow.
Now, please consider these before you submit ideas in the future.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to buff untiered Pokemon that are already viable in Ubers, like Ditto? If no, can you remove all Ubers-viable Pokemon in the spreadsheet?

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Are we allowed to buff untiered Pokemon that are already viable in Ubers, like Ditto? If no, can you remove all Ubers-viable Pokemon in the spreadsheet?
I’ll let Jamis361 answer this question.

For now, if you want to submit before he answers just consider another Pokémon on this list that is can also hold a signature item, such as Marowak, (also the slate ends after today).

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
VOTING COMMENCES NOW THRU JULY 19th.
Reminder - you can vote for up to 5 submissions; we allow one to be a Self vote for one of your own submissions.

Also, please use these 2 edited submissions if you were planning to vote for money12wolf or Bmw6446 ‘s Swalot (Now Muk), or Arbok (Edited Signature Move to follow 1HKO Clause).

To avoid breaking the 1HKO Clause I have Updated Bmw6446 ’s post to make Death Fangs inflict Toxic Poison if it Critical Hits rather than a 1HKO. This can be coded like Sniper to trigger an additional effect on Critical hits.

New Moves: Swords Dance, Knock Off, Power Whip, Death Fang (Z-Move)
Z-Move Custom Move Information: Death Fang | Dark | Physical | 180 Base Power | 1PP | N/A accuracy | 100% chance to Inflict Toxic Poison - Base move requires Crunch.

23C91FB2-728E-4C0C-951A-738BBA9F2861.jpeg
Pokémon: Muk
Competitive (niche in Ubers): With a pretty good defensive typing which only have one very common weakness in the very popular ground type. That weakness allow Primal Groudon to come in almost for free but they still have to watch out for toxics. Being part steel allows it to tank hits from some of the heavy hitter of the tier like Xerneas and some forms of Arceus. Gooey allow Muk to break down opponent speeds so it teammates can outspeed if it faint but it is a bit situational. Like Gooey, Poison Point can be situational by allowing Muk to punish physical attackers by poisoning them. Thick Fat allows Muk to come in some attacks that it won’t otherwise want to.

———————

For all votes, including self-votes, always include the user you are voting for, as multiple people are submitting the same Pokémon in the same slate, plus it’s easier to tally the votes so we don’t have to search the thread to double check.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
EDIT: Final change is 180 Base power 100% Toxic Poison Chance per Jamis361 ’s request

Please note I have made the following edit to fix
Bmw6446 ‘s submission.

My apologies for the delay. After feedback and careful consideration, I chose to make the signature move a Z-move so it won’t be overpowered but will be limited in a way that doesn’t require me to remove it entirely.

Z-Move Custom Move Information: Death Fang | Dark | Physical | 180 Base Power | 1PP | N/A accuracy | 100% chance to Inflict Toxic Poison - Base move requires Crunch.
——————
If you wish to edit your votes after reading this change - everyone can make any changes to votes until the end of day July 19.

Last edited:
EDIT: Final change is 180 Base power 100% Toxic Poison Chance per Jamis361 ’s request

Please note I have made the following edit to fix
Bmw6446 ‘s submission.

My apologies for the delay. After feedback and careful consideration, I chose to make the signature move a Z-move so it won’t be overpowered but will be limited in a way that doesn’t require me to remove it entirely.

——————
If you wish to edit your votes after reading this change - everyone can make any changes until the end of day July 19.
For those of you who are worried about the potential power level in this OM, I have an announcement. Once we get all comfortable and coded, we will have a nerfing/buffing slate where we will discuss what elements are broken and what elements are too weak for Ubers. This will take place after all of the first few slates' winners are coded in after fUtU becomes playable on a server. Until then, we will adjust submissions during their slate only, and before voting commences.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)