Dunsparce by Failure999

Masquerain by 737373elj]

Toucannon by Anaconja

——————

4th Place: 1 vote

Probopass by Chazm

Beheeyam by Chazm

——————

This means we have a total of 9 winners!

This sets a record for the most number of wins!

This actually fits a very important theme: 9 Victors for Slate 9

I am glad, as we have had numerous quality submissions this slate, and that’s why I expanded it to 6 votes per person.

——————

I also wanted to announce that history has been made with 737373elj winning 3 submissions in a single slate, breaking records held by Anaconja, Scoopapa, and Jamis361 with their 2 wins in a single slate.

We also have a new Mega Salamence added to our Hall of Fame, with Chazm breaking into the 4th win of his legacy here, proving that consistent, good, balanced and healthy Metagame ideas will be voted in time and time again.

I encourage everyone to keep going for the next level up for the Hall of Fame!

We have yet to crown our first Primal Groudon (12+ wins)!
——————

Nevertheless, this post begins the next Slate, and I’ll let SteelixPrismGX take over Slate 10 and announce the deadline post for submissions on Wednesday at 5 PM PST, while mentioning the opening of the Vote for Slate 10 opens at that time and concludes on Sunday 5 PM PST - in accordance with our 4 day structure.

I’ll let him handle the voting count, etc. post and I know it it’s in good hands!

Last edited:
Let me start this round off, unless Chazm snipes me.

Pokémon: Rotom-Fan
Typing: Electric / Flying
Abilities: No Guard
Stats: 70 / 60 / 125 / 130 / 125 / 90 (600 BST)
New Moves: Hurricane, Heat Wave, Static Signal, Flash Cannon
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Rotom-Fan is able to carve a solid niche in Ubers as an offensively-based Static Signal setter that can also go on the defensive side depending on its team's needs. Electric/Flying is incredibly solid as a defensive typing, and combine this with Rotom-Fan's 70/125/125 defenses, lets it pivot in on dangerous threats such as Mega Salamence, Primal Groudon, Simisage, and Dusk Mane Necrozma. Access to a wide variety of support moves such as Defog and Will-O-Wisp let it support its team in many ways. Unfortunately, Rotom-Fan is burdened with a Stealth Rock weakness, limiting the amount of times it can switch in and remove hazards, reset Static Signal, or cripple a target with Will-O-Wisp. Said Electric/Flying typing also does not help against the high amount of pokemon that can force it out with relative ease, such as Golem or Rampardos. Lastly, it also has to compete with Pachirisu as a Static Signal setter, as Pachirisu's higher base speed, a lack of a Stealth Rock weakness letting it reset Static Signal more often and an actual defensive ability, however, Rotom-Fan's better bulk on both sides, more raw firepower, and usefulness outside of just setting up Static Signal lets it differentiate itself from Pachirisu.
Offensive Pivot
Rotom-Fan @ Wiki Berry / Flyinium Z
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Static Signal
- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Thunder / Heat Wave

Pokémon: Marowak
Typing: Ground
Abilities: Adaptability / Battle Armor / Rock Head
Stats: 100 / 140 / 140 / 60 / 90 / 70 (600 BST)
New Moves: Ice Punch, Gunk Shot, Drain Punch
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Marowak finds a niche in Ubers as a powerful, albeit bulky stallbreaker that can also function as a powerful wallbreaker depending on its team's needs. While base 70 speed is not great for an Uber pokemon, likewise with Bouffalant, the ability to outspeed most staples of Stall or Balance teams is crucial for many teams, only being outsped by Lunala and all support Arceus forms, with the former immediately getting slaughtered by Knock Off, while the latter gets switftly KOed by Adaptabilty-boosted STAB Earthquake. Its fantastic bulk lets it shrug off multiple hits from many offensive staples, namely Dusk Mane Necrozma and even Mega Gengar, while its huge attack stat means that it does not have to rely on Thick Club as an item, meaning that it can run a Z-crystal for nuking or a Choice Band for raw wallbreaking strength. However, Marowak's speed tier is below-average for an Ubers pokemon, meaning that it will likely have to take 2 hits upon switching in, which means that pokemon such as Primal Kyogre can easily muscle past its average special bulk, while its typing, while fantastic offensively and even having the merit of blocking Volt Switch, leaves it open to being KOed by threats such as Simisage or Masquerain.
Sub+SD Stallbreaker
Marowak @ Groundium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Choice Band
Marowak @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch / Gunk Shot

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Reserving Shedinja, Ninjask and Cradily.

Edit:
1569740187256.gif

Pokémon: Shedinja
Typing: Ghost-Fairy
Abilities: Wonder Guard
New moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam
Stats: 2 / 90 / 45 / 30 / 30 / 40 (BST 238(?))
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Upon seeing this, many of you would most likely wonder (pun unavoidable), it has such a low BST! You expect that to be usable in Ubers? And I reply, yes! Although it only had an increase of 1 (!!!) in HP, the fact that it has Wonder Guard makes it extremely deadly, and it’s new HP stat makes it extremely hard to kill when taking into account it’s Ghost-Fairy type giving it only Ghost, Dark, Poison and Steel as the four types that can hit it super-effectively. With the ability to hit Ghost-types back super-effectively, it’s no wonder that I had to keep it in check, right? As it is, it can still be hard to kill with the ability to boost its Attack with Swords Dance, and priority in Shadow Sneak. Thankfully, Yveltal with Sucker Punch could avoid a catastrophe. Despite this, Shedinja will rise to become a menace as it can overwhelm and level teams without a proper check to it. Sadly though, the common Necrozma-DM greatly reduces its viability.

Despite these (interesting) new changes, Shedinja still remains one-dimensional.

Swords Dance
Shedinja @ Protective Pads / Lum Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw / X-Scissor / Moonblast
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp

Copied from Smogon:

Moves That Ignore Abilities: Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam, and Photon Geyser all KO Shedinja and can surprise it from any offensive Pokemon. For this reason, it's crucial to scout for these moves and potentially stall them out if necessary using Shedinja's teammates.

Mold Breaker: Mold Breaker attacks bypass Sturdy, so they OHKO Shedinja. Fortunately, Mold Breaker announces itself, so unless the Mold Breaker user has Pursuit, Shedinja can simply switch out. However, if Mold Breaker Pokemon have Pursuit, Shedinja has no viable way to beat them and inevitably will get KOed.

Status: If Shedinja is burned or poisoned, it will get KOed unless Shedinja holds a Lum Berry. It is recommended to scout for status. However, Shedinja can avoid being statused with Misty Surge support.

Ghost-types: Ghost-types can switch in on an Endeavor if necessary, and if Shedinja lacks Foresight, they can cause Shedinja trouble. Giratina in particular deserves a special mention, as even if Shedinja has Spectral Thief, Giratina is bulky enough to not get 2HKOed by it.

Sand and Hail: Sand and hail KO non-Safety Goggles Shedinja. There is no way for Shedinja to beat these two weathers other than Safety Goggles, so it is recommended that you KO their setter as early as possible using other teammates. Fortunately, these two weathers are relatively uncommon in the metagame.

To add later

Pokemon that can beat Lunala, Necrozma-DM and Necrozma-Ultra are appreciated. Such Pokemon include Arceus-Dark, Yveltal and Gengar-Mega. Pokemon that can defeat Excadrill such as Cloyster, Arceus and Zygarde-C are also good teammates. Tapu Fini can stop status with Misty Surge. Counters to Ghost-types like the aforementioned Dark-types are necessary. Finally, Pokemon that can defeat the (only) relevant weather setter Castform is appreciated. Although hard to find such counters, Pheromosa may do a good job.
1569740236270.gif

Pokémon: Ninjask
Typing: Bug-Flying
Abilities: Speed Boost, Infiltrator
Stats: 65 / 125 / 65 / 125 / 65 / 155 (BST 590)
New moves: Calm Mind
Custom move description: Sound Burst, 80 BP, Flying-type, is Physical or Special depending on highest attacking stat, priority +2

Z-move effect: Lightspeed Strike (160 BP, Flying-type, is Physical or Special based on highest attacking stat, priority +3. Requires Ninjaskium Z)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Ninjask has always been known for being super fast. However, it’s low attacking and defensively stats prevented it from being strong. But what if we could make it stronger?
Now Ninjask has always been one of my favourites (admittedly out of my favourite region), but I wasn’t always rather sad that it was so useless. Now, with high Attack stats and a brilliant speed, this Pokemon can outspeed nearly all the Pokemon in Ubers, and giving even setup sweepers a hard time. A strong priority move in Sound Burst all but exemplify it’s offensive presence. However, low Defensive stats keep it in check with priority moves, as well as the ever-present Stealth Rock.

Physical
Ninjask @ Ninjaskium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge / Frustration
- X-Scissor / U-Turn
- Sound Burst

Special
Ninjask @ Ninjaskium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Bug Buzz / U-Turn
- Shadow Ball
- Sound Burst

Defog
Ninjask @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-Turn
- Toxic
- Sound Burst

Substitute Z
Ninjask @ Ninjaskium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe (252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe)
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Calm Mind
- Substitute
- X-Scissor / Bug Buzz
- Sound Burst

Stealth Rock: With a crippling 4x weakness to it, Ninjask is severely weakened with it, and nearly completely inhibits it’s viability.

Pokemon with Rock-type coverage: see Stealth Rock. Usually, the most common abusers of this type are Primal Groudon and Calm Mind Necrozma-Ultra.

To add later

As Ninjask has a huge weakness to Stealth Rock, Defoggers and Spinners such as Salamence-Mega, Excadrill and Castform are especially valued. Due to Primal Groudon posing a threat, Pokemon that can take it out like Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C are good teammates. Pokemon that benefit from free turns like Groudon-Primal, Double Dance Necrozma-DM and Ultra Necrozma are also good Pokemon to pair with it.
Please note that Ninjask cannot be a Defogger to itself!

1569740271578.gif

Pokémon: Cradily
Typing: Rock-Grass
Abilities: Suction Cups, Storm Drain
Stats: 126 / 61/ 117 / 121 / 137 / 33 (BST 595)
New moves: Leech Seed, Calm Mind, QuickSand
Custom move description: Algae Bloom, 120 BP, Grass-type, Special, charge 1 turn, charge not needed in Sun or Rain.

Z-move effect: Primordial Overgrow (240 BP, Grass-type, Special. Requires Cradilium Z)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): How many times have you wished for a better check to Kyogre? Groudon is nice, but Physical sets may pose a problem. Zekrom? One shot Ice Beam. Isn’t this awesome Pokemon annoying?
Meet Cradily, new and improved. With new stats, the ability to boost its Special Attack (which is already high!) and a strong Grass-type Attack, this Pokemon is perfect for killing Kyogre. Also, good defensive stats turn it into a brilliant wall.
However, Cradily is still Cradily, and it’s still weak to a number of common moves and Pokemon like the ever-present Sunsteel Strike. Nevertheless, I’m sure that people will be happy to have a better Chansey/Blissey replacement.

Defensive / Specially Defensive
Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD (252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD)
Bold Nature (Sassy Nature)
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Pain Split
- Toxic

Z-move
Cradily @ Cradilium Z
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD (4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD)
Modest Nature
- Algae Bloom
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Substitute
Cradily @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Giga Drain

Substitute Z
Cradily @ Cradilium Z
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD (4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Algae Bloom
- Sludge Bomb

QuickSand
Cradily @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- QuickSand
- Algae Bloom
- Sludge Bomb
- Ancient Power

Necrozma-DM: As Cradily is weak to Steel, Necrozma-DM will Smash it to bits no matter how tanky it is. To make matters worse, Necrozma-DM resists Grass and is immune to Toxic, making any significant damage output from the rare QuickSand sets.

Fighting-types: Pokemon like Marshadow, Lucario-Mega and Blaziken-Mega deal super-effective damage, and Cradily’s passitivity from common defensive sets usually mean that the only damage they will be taking would be from Toxic, meaning they can often set-up in its face and sweep the rest of its team.

Taunt: Due to Taunt shutting down nearly all of Defensive Cradily’s moves, common Taunters like Yveltal are particularly dangerous to it.

To add later

Due to Cradily’s weakness to Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Pokemon that can handle it such as Groudon-Primal, Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C are good partners for it. Pokemon that can handle Fighting-types such as Xerneas, Yveltal and Ninjask are best paired with it. Finally, Pokemon that have Magic Bounce such as Diancie-Mega and Sableye-Mega are good for bouncing back Taunts aimed Cradily. Alternatively, Pokemon that simply do well against them such as Xerneas and Kyogre-Primal can be used I instead.

To update later
Edit: completed!
Say, why not all of us chip in to create sample sets for the tournament? It would be fun!

Last edited:

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Hi, I'm new here and I wanted to do Rotom-Fan but I guess I was too late -_- (I got sniped again)

:sm/vespiquen:
Pokemon: Vespiquen
Typing: Bug/Flying
Abilities: Queenly Majesty | HA: Turbulence
Custom Ability Description: Activates Tailwind upon switch-in
Stats: 95/90/120/90/120/70 (585 BST)
New Moves: Oblivion Wing, Superpower, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Majestic Sacrifice
Majestic Sacrifice: Bug, Status, -BP, -% Acc, 10 PP (16 PP max)
Description: Healing Wish clone
Competitive Niche: Tailwind hasn't really been messed around with, and for good reason. Having a switch-in setter reduces the number of turns wasted to set up Tailwind, and Vespiquen can just U-turn out or heal a weakened team member to abuse Tailwind after. Vespiquen already has cool coverage options, but more is appreciated. However, Vespiquen mainly functions primarily as support for the team, while also being able to pick off weakened boosted set-up sweepers while under Tailwind. The merits of Tailwind are counterbalanced by Vespiquen's 4x Rock weakness and also Tailwind's short duration, so I think it is relatively balanced.
Vespiquen @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Turbulence
EVs: 248 HP/ 172 SpDef / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Earth Power/Oblivion Wing
- Heal Order/Roost
- Oblivion Wing/Earth Power/Majestic Sacrifice/Toxic

:sm/glaceon:
Pokemon: Glaceon
Typing: Ice
Abilities: Slush Rush | HA: Magic Guard
Stats: 65/60/95/130/65/110 (525 BST) i literally swapped def, spdef and speed, trying to keep the eeveelution theme
New Moves: Earth Power, Freeze Dry, Healing Wish, Aurora Veil
Competitive Niche: Literally just a fast offensive Ice-type. Hail is still bad, but at least we got an abuser in Glaceon. It also works outside of Hail, and Z-Celebrate sets are scarier now due to the higher speed and better coverage options, in conjunction with decent defensive which helps against most common forms of priority. I'm guessing Baton Pass is still banned, but a Scarf Healing Wish set is also fun.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Pokémon: Kricketune
Typing: Bug/Normal
Abilities: Swarm/Loudspeaker
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): Loudspeaker: Tough Claws clone for sound-based moves
Stats: 88/95/81/105/81/105 (555 BST)
New Moves: Boomburst, Quiver Dance
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Kricketune is a speedy Sticky Web setter with good damage output as well. It has a few good utility moves like Knock Off, Endeavor, Taunt (maybe the chad String Shot to lower the lead's speed) to support a hyper offensive team.

Pokémon: Komala
Typing: Normal/Psychic
Abilities: Comatose
Stats: 105/125/85/75/125/65 (580 BST)
New Moves: Slack Off
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Komala's unique typing allows it to check many of the common Psychic and Ghost-type mons in the tier, such as Lunala, Mewtwo(-Mega-Y), and Giratina-Origin. It also has access to very useful support moves, such as Knock Off to remove items, Rapid Spin to remove hazards, and most importantly, U-Turn to escape being trapped by Gengar-Mega and Gothitelle/Gothorita. On the other hand, its physical bulk is lakcing, causing it to be overpowered by the likes of Groudon-Primal, Ho-Oh, and Marshadow, and its special bulk can still be broken by Kyogre-Primal. Additionally, its typing is not very useful offensively, meaning it can be used as setup fodder for Necrozma-Dusk-Mane.

Pokémon: Gourgeist
Typing: Grass/Ghost
Abilities: Infiltrator / Drought / Cursed Fire
Custom Ability Description:
Cursed Fire: This Pokemon can burn opponents regardless of their typing (Corrosion clone)
Stats:
Small: 55/120/90/120/75/110 (570 BST)
Medium: 65/120/100/120/75/90 (570 BST)
Large: 75/120/110/120/75/70 (570 BST)
Super: 85/120/120/120/75/50 (570 BST)
New Moves: Flamethrower, Power Whip, Shadow Claw, Bulk Up, Calm Mind
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Gourgeist is a unique tank or attacker, checking SD Arceus formes, SD Groudon-Primal, and Zygarde-Complete, and crippling them all with burns. On the attacking side, it can utilize its effectively three STABs to threaten Ferrothorn, Giratina, and Kyogre-Primal. However, its awkward defensive typing leaves it vulnerable to Ghost-types like Marshadow and Gengar-Mega, Dark types like Tyranitar and Yveltal, and Flying types like Salamence-Mega.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Edit:
Typing: Ghost
Stats: 91/90/45/30/30/40 (BST 326)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Upon seeing this, many of you would most likely wonder (pun unavoidable), it has such a low BST! You expect that to be usable in Ubers? And I reply, yes! Although it only had a 90 increase in HP, the fact that it has Wonder Guard makes it extremely deadly, and it’s new HP stat makes it extremely hard to kill when taking into account it’s new pure Ghost-type giving it only Ghost and Dark as the two types that can hit it super-effectively. With the ability to hit Ghost-types back super-effectively, it’s no wonder that I had to keep it in check, right? As it is, it can still be hard to kill with the ability to boost its Attack with Swords Dance, and priority in Shadow Sneak. Thankfully, Yveltal with Sucker Punch could avoid a catastrophe. Despite this, Shedinja will rise to become a menace as it can overwhelm and level teams without a proper check to it.

Stats: 61/110/45/110/50/180 (BST 556)
Custom move description: Sound Burst, 80 BP, Flying-type, is Physical or Special depending on highest attacking stat, priority +3

Z-move effect: Lightspeed Smash (160 BP, Flying-type, is Physical or Special based on highest attacking stat, priority +4)
Competitive (niche in Ubers):

Stats: 106/61/107/121/137/33 (BST 565)
Custom move description: Algae Bloom, 120 BP, Grass-type, Special, charge 1 turn, charge not needed in Sun or Rain.

Z-move effect: Primordial Overgrow (240 BP, Grass-type, Special)

To update later
Edit: nearly completed
I am going to have to ask that we lower Shedinja’s HP down, as it can be hard to KO on anything lacking the Mold Breaker equivalent abilities, or moves like Photon Geyser.

Yes Sandstream / Hail, Leech Seed, Entry Hazards, and Status afflictions like Toxic can harm it, but overall, many Pokemon like offensive Choice users, and just anything that lacks the above will be defeated easily by Shedinja.

I would like to propose making it lose some HP, but still be greater than 1 base HP, so it can switch into Stealth Rocks, Spikes, etc. and not get KOed by Sandstorm or Leech Seed immediately, but this requires a low HP since you are removing 3/5 weaknesses - which can be hard to KO.

I am thinking of giving it 2 Base HP, which according to the damage calculator, gives it 145 HP (36 less HP than Shuckle).

4A5B0E55-6492-4B34-8FC7-B106FC198E66.png

I would also like to propose a second-typing so it has more than 2 weaknesses, but still improved as it would have less than 5 weaknesses (like it did before your type change).

I think if we gave it’s current Ghost-type an additional Fairy-typing; which is the same as Mimikyu, it would fit the flavor well, while still giving it a solid 4 weaknesses. This also keeps in perspective that Steel and Poison moves are less common than say Fire (a previous weakness) is in the Ubers tier, so it’s not just a weakness reduction, but a less common combination of type weaknesses as well.

The fact it is immune to Dragon also doesn’t make a difference since Wonder Guard already makes it immune to Dragon.

Further, as there are no Dragon Status moves that target the foe, nor are there field effects like there would be with Thunderwave / Sandstorm failing VS a Ground type, or Toxic failing VS a Poison / Steel type, Fairy overall seems like a legitimate additional type to Ghost for the Angelic Halo Pokemon... of Horror. Just read their Pokedex entry and compare to Mimikyu:

Shedinja Omega Ruby:

Shedinja’s hard body doesn’t move—not even a twitch. In fact, its body appears to be merely a hollow shell. It is believed that this Pokémon will steal the spirit of anyone peering into its hollow body from its back.

Mimikyu Sun/Moon:

Its actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock.

Basically they seem harmless, innocent creatures, like a Fairy, that have really terrifying spirit-snatching forms beneath their frail disguises - like a Ghost.
——————

I added this in to my Vote Calculations post, but as most people won’t scroll up to see that, I’m adding it here:

I also wanted to announce that history has been made with 737373elj winning 3 submissions in a single slate, breaking records held by Anaconja, Scoopapa, and Jamis361 with their 2 wins in a single slate.

We also have a new Mega Salamence added to our Hall of Fame, with Chazm breaking into the 4th win of his legacy here, proving that consistent, good, balanced and healthy Metagame ideas will be voted in time and time again.

I encourage everyone to keep going for the next level up for the Hall of Fame!

We have yet to crown our first Primal Groudon (12+ wins)!
——————

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I am going to have to ask that we lower Shedinja’s HP down, as it can be hard to KO on anything lacking the Mold Breaker equivalent abilities, or moves like Photon Geyser.

Yes Sandstream / Hail, Leech Seed, Entry Hazards, and Status afflictions like Toxic can harm it, but overall, many Pokemon like offensive Choice users, and just anything that lacks the above will be defeated easily by Shedinja.

I would like to propose making it lose some HP, but still be greater than 1 base HP, so it can switch into Stealth Rocks, Spikes, etc. and not get KOed by Sandstorm or Leech Seed immediately, but this requires a low HP since you are removing 3/5 weaknesses - which can be hard to KO.

I am thinking of giving it 2 Base HP, which according to the damage calculator, gives it 145 HP (36 less HP than Shuckle).
The fact that I thought 91 HP was manageable proves that I have a lot to learn...
I can’t say how grateful I am to all your advice! Helping improve my Pokemon is the best thing I can receive! On the changes ASAP!

Edit: Can we change Shedinja’s type to Ghost-Dark instead? I feel like being weak to Steel hurts it’s viability, and Dark sounds like it could make sense. It will still have four weaknesses only too! Xerneas could use a boost anyways XD

Edit 2: thanks Fragmented for pointing out that I can already due with Dusk Mane! Consider the above edit deleted

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The fact that I thought 91 HP was manageable proves that I have a lot to learn...
I can’t say how grateful I am to all your advice! Helping improve my Pokemon is the best thing I can receive! On the changes ASAP!
I am happy to help. I know with the Shedinja being at 1 HP base and it actually having 1 HP, it seems like other base HP would be similar, but in fact the 1 HP is hardcoded by Nintendo & Gamefreak so that it won’t be any higher than 1 HP - an exception that appears to be an example, but ends up not following the rule in any other Base HP number value formula. (Quite the disguise, just like Shedinja’s hollow Shell).

Anyways, I appreciate you taking my feedback, as I always risk feeling my advice wasn’t helpful, but I think I was able to provide solid reasoning to make Shedinja more balanced, and therefore, more likely to get voted in.

Watching a first time submitter grab 3 Submission Victories in a complete sweep last slate makes for a very good start to your entry in our thread. And while credit can be given to those who provided advice on your submissions, it can also be given to you for accepting the feedback to begin with.

Your triple finish of Slate 9 is actually legendary, and serves an example for us all - great concept, and willingness to hear about any adjustments to improve the overall submission entry will lead to great things! Kudos to you!

——————

P.S. I updated the Hall of Fame, Role Compendum, Winning Submissions Resources, and the Untiered Pokemon Dropdown List.

I also begin a new job, so if a Slate concludes and the OP isn’t updated, it will get done, just not right away - even if it’s the weekend. Like today...

Thank you for your understanding.

——————

On that note, I see we have many Physical Attackers on the Role Compendum, and while that is great, I think we could do more with Supportive, and Defensive Pokemon, as well as Mixed Offense.

While I won’t discourage Physical Attackers for this slate, I encourage diversity, so we have enough of everything, including checks to handle what has already won.

Feel free to check the Role Compendum yourself and review the list, ask questions, discuss the placement, and highlight common patterns within the List including (number of) Pokemon, and anything that comes to mind.

Last edited:

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher

Edit:
View attachment 197199
Typing: Ghost-Fairy
New moves: Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam
Stats: 2 / 90 / 45 / 30 / 30 / 40 (BST 238(?))
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Upon seeing this, many of you would most likely wonder (pun unavoidable), it has such a low BST! You expect that to be usable in Ubers? And I reply, yes! Although it only had an increase of 1 (!!!) in HP, the fact that it has Wonder Guard makes it extremely deadly, and it’s new HP stat makes it extremely hard to kill when taking into account it’s Ghost-Fairy type giving it only Ghost, Dark, Poison and Steel as the four types that can hit it super-effectively. With the ability to hit Ghost-types back super-effectively, it’s no wonder that I had to keep it in check, right? As it is, it can still be hard to kill with the ability to boost its Attack with Swords Dance, and priority in Shadow Sneak. Thankfully, Yveltal with Sucker Punch could avoid a catastrophe. Despite this, Shedinja will rise to become a menace as it can overwhelm and level teams without a proper check to it. Sadly though, the common Necrozma-DM greatly reduces its viability.

Despite these (interesting) new changes, Shedinja still remains one-dimensional.

Swords Dance
Shedinja @ Protective Pads / Lum Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw / X-Scissor / Moonblast
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp

Copied from Smogon:

Moves That Ignore Abilities: Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam, and Photon Geyser all KO Shedinja and can surprise it from any offensive Pokemon. For this reason, it's crucial to scout for these moves and potentially stall them out if necessary using Shedinja's teammates.

Mold Breaker: Mold Breaker attacks bypass Sturdy, so they OHKO Shedinja. Fortunately, Mold Breaker announces itself, so unless the Mold Breaker user has Pursuit, Shedinja can simply switch out. However, if Mold Breaker Pokemon have Pursuit, Shedinja has no viable way to beat them and inevitably will get KOed.

Status: If Shedinja is burned or poisoned, it will get KOed unless Shedinja holds a Lum Berry. It is recommended to scout for status. However, Shedinja can avoid being statused with Misty Surge support.

Ghost-types: Ghost-types can switch in on an Endeavor if necessary, and if Shedinja lacks Foresight, they can cause Shedinja trouble. Giratina in particular deserves a special mention, as even if Shedinja has Spectral Thief, Giratina is bulky enough to not get 2HKOed by it.

Sand and Hail: Sand and hail KO non-Safety Goggles Shedinja. There is no way for Shedinja to beat these two weathers other than Safety Goggles, so it is recommended that you KO their setter as early as possible using other teammates. Fortunately, these two weathers are relatively uncommon in the metagame.

To add later

Pokemon that can beat Lunala, Necrozma-DM and Necrozma-Ultra are appreciated. Such Pokemon include Arceus-Dark, Yveltal and Gengar-Mega. Pokemon that can defeat Excadrill such as Cloyster, Arceus and Zygarde-C are also good teammates. Tapu Fini can stop status with Misty Surge. Counters to Ghost-types like the aforementioned Dark-types are necessary. Finally, Pokemon that can defeat the (only) relevant weather setter Castform is appreciated. Although hard to find such counters, Pheromosa may do a good job.
View attachment 197200
Stats: 61 / 130 / 45 / 130 /50 / 180 (BST 596)
New moves: Calm Mind
Custom move description: Sound Burst, 80 BP, Flying-type, is Physical or Special depending on highest attacking stat, priority +3

Z-move effect: Lightspeed Smash (160 BP, Flying-type, is Physical or Special based on highest attacking stat, priority +4. Requires Ninjaskium Z)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Ninjask has always been known for being super fast. However, it’s low attacking and defensively stats prevented it from being strong. But what if we could make it stronger?
Now Ninjask has always been one of my favourites (admittedly out of my favourite region), but I wasn’t always rather sad that it was so useless. Now, with high Attack stats and a brilliant speed, this Pokemon can outspeed nearly all the Pokemon in Ubers, and giving even setup sweepers a hard time. A strong priority move in Sound Burst all but exemplify it’s offensive presence. However, low Defensive stats keep it in check with priority moves, as well as the ever-present Stealth Rock.

Physical
Ninjask @ Ninjaskium Z
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge / Frustration
- X-Scissor / U-Turn
- Sound Burst

Special
Ninjask @ Ninjaskium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Bug Buzz / U-Turn
- Shadow Ball
- Sound Burst

Defog
Ninjask @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-Turn
- Toxic
- Sound Burst

Substitute Z
Ninjask @ Ninjaskium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe (252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe)
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Calm Mind
- Substitute
- X-Scissor / Bug Buzz
- Sound Burst

Stealth Rock: With a crippling 4x weakness to it, Masquerain is severely weakened with it, and nearly completely inhibits it’s viability.

Primal Groudon: If another of its teammates had been sent to Sleep, Groudon can be sent in, as Sun reduces the accuracy of Hurricane, forcing Masquerain to either use the weaker and resisted Bug Buzz or set up, and Groudon can later use Rock Tomb, which can be potentially fatal to Masquerain due to a 4x weakness to it and its Physical. Even if it does survive, the reduction in Speed will severely reduce its ability to attack.

To add later

As Masquerain has a huge weakness to Stealth Rock, Defoggers and Spinners such as Salamence-Mega, Excadrill and Castform are especially valued. Due to Primal Groudon posing a threat, Pokemon that can take it out like Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C are good teammates. Pokemon that benefit from free turns like Groudon-Primal, Double Dance Necrozma-DM and Ultra Necrozma are also good Pokemon to pair with it.
Please note that Ninjask cannot be a Defogger to itself!

View attachment 197201
Stats: 126 / 61/ 117 / 121 / 137 / 33 (BST 595)
New moves: Leech Seed, Calm Mind

Z-move effect: Primordial Overgrow (240 BP, Grass-type, Special. Requires Cradilium Z)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): How many times have you wished for a better check to Kyogre? Groudon is nice, but Physical sets may pose a problem. Zekrom? One shot Ice Beam. Isn’t this awesome Pokemon annoying?
Meet Cradily, new and improved. With new stats, the ability to boost its Special Attack (which is already high!) and a strong Grass-type Attack, this Pokemon is perfect for killing Kyogre. Also, good defensive stats turn it into a brilliant wall.
However, Cradily is still Cradily, and it’s still weak to a number of common moves and Pokemon like the ever-present Sunsteel Strike. Nevertheless, I’m sure that people will be happy to have a better Chansey/Blissey replacement.

Defensive / Specially Defensive
Cradily @ Leftovers
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Pain Split
- Toxic

Z-move
Cradily @ Cradilium Z
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD (4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD)
Modest Nature
- Algae Bloom
- Toxic
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Substitute
Cradily @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Giga Drain

Substitute Z
Cradily @ Cradilium Z
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD (4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Algae Bloom
- Sludge Bomb

Will add later

To add later

To add later

To update later
Edit: completed!
Say, why not all of us chip in to create sample sets for the tournament? It would be fun!
Though it isn't a big deal, I just want to point out that Ghost/Fairy really only has 2 weaknesses, since Fairy resists Dark and Ghost resists Poison, making then both neutral on Shedinja. If I were to suggest another typing, it probably be either Ghost/Ground (since Nincada is part Ground), Ghost/Water (has 4 weaknesses) or Ghost/Steel (has 4 weaknesses, but loses to Primal Groudon).

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Though it isn't a big deal, I just want to point out that Ghost/Fairy really only has 2 weaknesses, since Fairy resists Dark and Ghost resists Poison, making then both neutral on Shedinja. If I were to suggest another typing, it probably be either Ghost/Ground (since Nincada is part Ground), Ghost/Water (has 4 weaknesses) or Ghost/Steel (has 4 weaknesses, but loses to Primal Groudon).
Or Ghost-Dark? Like I suggested above.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
P.S. I updated the Hall of Fame, Role Compendum, Winning Submissions Resources, and the Untiered Pokemon Dropdown List.

I also begin a new job, so if a Slate concludes and the OP isn’t updated, it will get done, just not right away - even if it’s the weekend. Like today...

Thank you for your understanding.
Errr... just pointing out, you missed Castform...
Also, remind me to do a Specially Defensive Pokemon for next slate. My memory is very fickle.

Edit: I think it’s safe to put this here as I doubt anyone’s would reread this post. I also trust this community to not hijack my reserves!
Reserving Carbink, Walrein and Emolga.

Edit 2: placing this here

Edit 3: I’m going to build my Pokemon up here

Resub Slate!!!

Pokémon: Emolga
Typing: Electric-Ghost
Abilities: Levitate, Static, Competitive
Custom Ability Description (if applicable):
Stats: 95 / 75 / 85 / 125 / 95 / 125 (BST 600)
New Moves: Moonblast, Static Signal, Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Shadow Ball, Hex
Custom Move Information (if applicable):
Custom Move Description (what effects it has):
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Designed to be the end of all Defoggers, this Pokemon hits them all (with the exception of Castform) Super-effectively (which include Wailord by the way). Electric-type attacks kill them pretty easily, and Dragon and/or Fairy attacks dispose of the other one, Salamence, and proceed to set Static Signal in their faces. It also has decent Special Offense and a brilliant Speed that allows it to outspeed the crowded 99 Speed tier and etc.

Support
Emolga @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Static Signal
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt / Draco Meteor / Moonblast / Air Slash

All-out Attacker
Emolga @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest / Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Moonblast
- Air Slash / Roost

Hex
Emolga @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate / Competitive
Modest / Timid Nature
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Thunderbolt
- Roost / Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor / Moonblast

Castform: As the only Defogger that Emolga can’t stop, Castform can choose to ignore Emolga altogether and set-up, forcing Emolga to either attack or retreat. The problem is further worsened if Castform has Ice-type moves.

Dark-types: Dark-types like Arceus-Dark, Yveltal and Darkrai can target Emolga’s weaknesses and defeat it.

To add after playtesting

Pokemon that can defeat Castform would make life far easier of Emolga. Good options include Pheromosa and Marshadow. Most teams running Castform would also run Ninjask, so a Primal Groudon would be a safe addition. Good counters to Dark-types like Xerneas would make for a good addition, stopping them from removing Emolga from the match prematurely.

Pokémon: Beartic (Physical Offense)
Typing: Ice-Water
Abilities: Slush Rush, Refrigerate, Swift Swim
Custom Ability Description (if applicable):
Stats: 95 / 135 / 80 / 70 / 80 / 120 (BST 580)
New Moves: Extreme Speed, Earthquake
Custom Move Description (what effects it has):
This Polar Bear, once mocked at and shunned, is now one of the strongest Pokemon. A huge Attack stat (150) and a high Speed stat (120) makes Beartic extremely hard to stop. Unique sets like Focus Sash Swords Dance can allow Beartic to set-up safely, and proceed to KO the entire team priority Aqua Jet! The possibilities are endless, ranging from Substitute Focus Punch to an all-out set with Aqua Jet, Icicle Crash, Play Rough and Stone Edge. However, Marshadow outspeeds it and can deal huge damage with Close Combat, and Xerneas could potentially tank an unboosted hit and KO back with Thunder or Focus Blast. Despite this, Beartic could be a very dangerous opponent (do tell me if this thing deserves a nerf — which I perfectly expect).

Standard
Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Extreme Speed / Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Substitute
Beartic @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Extreme Speed / Aqua Jet
- Icicle Crash / Stone Edge / Swords Dance

Choice Band
Beartic @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Icicle Crash / Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Beartic has few true counters, as it’s almost perfect Defensive typing leaves few weaknesses which are hard to find. Zekrom would have been good had Beartic not had Refrigerate-boosted priority in Extreme Speed. This only leaves Fighting-types as the best checks, with the ideal one being Marshadow.

To add later

Pokemon that can handle Fighting-types are the only necessary teammates. Such Pokemon include Xerneas and Ninjask.
Pokémon: Shiinotic (JOAT: Special Offense, Special Defense)
Typing: Grass-Fairy
Abilities: Effect Spore, Fungi Flourish, Rain Dish
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): All damaging moves have a 50% chance to restore 1/2 damage dealt.
Stats: 115 / 45 / 80 / 125 / 125 / 30 (BST 520)
New Moves: Wish, Psychic, Psyshock
Pixie Burst: Both Grass & Fairy-type, 80 Base Power, 100% Accuracy, Special, 16 PP. (Can gain STAB twice, if user is both types)
Custom Move Description (if applicable): No additional effect

Z-Move - Growing Blast: Both Grass & Fairy-type; 150 Base Power, Special. If successful, inflicts Leech Seed and Paralysis on the target. (Can gain STAB twice, if user is both types)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Shiinotic now has boosted stats and good moves, giving it the ability to function as a two-in-one Special Attacker and Special Wall, and even providing Wish support for it’s teammates, making it extremely flexible. However, weaknesses to common Fire, Ice, Flying, Poison, Bug and Steel attacks make some of the most common (and a few uncommon) Pokemon capable of killing it mercilessly, like Groudon-Primal, Kyurem-White, Ninjask, Masquerain and Necrozma-DM, as well as certain Castform sets. This hinders it’s otherwise brilliant stats greatly, and prevents it from being too strong.

Specially Defensive
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Fungi Flourish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Toxic
- Synthesis
- Spore / Strength Sap

Substitute
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Substitute
- Growth
- Pixie Burst
- Spore

Wish
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Assault Vest
Shiinotic @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pixie Burst
- Sludge Bomb
- Signal Beam / Charge Beam
- Psychic / Psyshock

Fire-types: Groudon-Primal kill Shiinotic easily if it has Fire Punch, as its high Attack stats is more than enough for Shiinotic’s abysmal Defense.

Ninjask: Ninjask can use Sound Burst and it’s high Attack stat to OHKO Shiinotic.

Steel-types: Steel-type Pokemon can kill Shiinotic easily: Necrozma-DM and Scizor-Mega are good representatives.

To add later

Pokemon that can KO Groudon-Primal are good partners, as they are usually Ground-types themselves and can defeat Necrozma-DM, another threat to Shiinotic. Premium Ground-type Pokemon that can defeat Groudon-Primal include Arceus-Ground and Zygarde-C. Pokemon that can handle Ninjask well include Groudon-Primal. Alternatively, a simple Stealth Rock setter can deter Ninjask.

Last edited:

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Reserving Unown, Pyukumuku and Silvally.

(Also, is Beheeyem a slate winner or not? It’s in bold in the OP but it isn’t in the list of slate winners. I’d very much like to know if it’s still available.)

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Okay let’s review.

While I apologize for accidently Bolding it, if we scroll up we can see that Beeheyam did not win as it only had 1 vote.
I’ll remove the Bold and thank you for pointing it out.

As for Unown, if you guys just use the Magnifying Glass Search feature in the top right corner of the page, A473DDD2-0B7B-4A63-A791-9F30B5DEA4D3.png and then click Search, you can see the results of SteelixPrismGX post
8B108050-BF82-435D-8B2B-CCD0A0712170.png
From there we can see that it never won:
B25C3E1F-85C7-4F32-9558-63536E086646.png
Also in that post you can see SteelixPrismGX reminding me to Copy and Paste that winning section into the Winning Submissions List on the front page.

I did paste the exact same content as his post... with the exception I only included winners. Therefore, if it’s not on the Winning Submissions List on the front page, it’s not a winner.

Last edited:

Pokemon: Simisear
Typing: Fire/Psychic
Ability: Magic Bounce, Trio Pledge
Stats: 90/80/85/120/115/100 (590)
New Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Mystical Fire, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, Trick, Grass Pledge, Water Pledge
Custom ability details: Trio Pledge: If the user is a Simisage, Simisage, or Simipour, the Pledge moves become physical if the user’s Attack is higher than its special attack and always trigger their secondary effects (so they would be 150 BP and always have STAB, along with Sea of Fire/Swamp/Rainbow.)
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Niche is as a specially offensive Magic Bounce user. You can go offensive CM with either a Z-move or a Life Orb, or AoA with a choice item.

Pokemon: Simipour
Typing: Water/Dark
Ability: Prankster, Sheer Force, Trio Pledge
Stats: 80/115/70/80/70/120 (535)
New Moves: Knock Off, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Fire Pledge, Grass Pledge
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Its niche would be as a disruptive Prankster user, though all three would have a new niche as Pledge users due to having STAB regardless of which one is used and the secondary effects being triggered.

Feedback would be appreciated, as I tried to make them a triangle with Simisage.

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.

Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: 90/80/85/130/115/100 (600)
New Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Mystical Fire, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, Trick
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Niche is as a specially offensive Magic Bounce user. You can go offensive CM with either a Z-move or a Life Orb, or AoA with a choice item.

Ability: Prankster, Sheer Force
Stats: 80/140/70/80/70/120
New Moves: Knock Off, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Its niche would be as a disruptive Prankster user.

Feedback would be appreciated, as I tried to make them a triangle with Simisage.
I figure, if you want to make the triangle with Simisage, give them all the same ability (hidden ability can be changed) and the same stats.

Edit: also, I hope you guys don’t mind me asking a number of questions!
1. Are there any viable new Defoggers?
- Castform, Wailord, Noctowl
2. What are all new Grass-type Pokemon?
- Tropius, Simisage, Gogoat, Cherrim (both formes), Carnivine, Maractus, Sunflora
3. Are there new Pokemon that can counter Primal Groudon?
- Castform, others not in the post below:
Let's see what already checks or beats PDon already.

Defensive Checks
Arceus-Dragon: high mixed bulk, resistance to Fire, faster than PDon to recover and chip with Judgment
checks: offensive support, defensive support
also checks: Mega Lucario, Kyogre (choiced); Mega Salamence
loses to: swords dance

Zygarde-C: high mixed bulk, resistance to Fire, can cripple PDon with Glare
checks: offensive support, defensive support, swords dance
also checks: Ho-oh, Mega Salamence; Necrozma-DM
loses to: mixed rock polish

Lugia: high mixed bulk, faster than PDon, immunity to Ground
checks: offensive support, defensive support, mixed rock polish
also checks: Arceus-Ground, Primal Kyogre
loses to: swords dance; stone edge/rock tomb sets

Giratina: high mixed bulk, resistance to fire
also checks: Necrozma-DM, Ho-oh, Mega Salamence

Giratina-O: moderate-high mixed bulk, resistance to fire, immunity to ground
also checks: Arceus-Ground, Ho-oh; Necrozma-DM, Mega Salamence
loses to: mixed rock polish

Mega Salamence: moderate-high physical bulk, faster than PDon, resistance to fire, immunity to ground
also checks: Ho-oh; Mega Lucario, Yveltal, Xerneas, Rayquaza
loses to: mixed rock polish; stone edge/rock tomb sets

Ho-oh: moderate-high mixed bulk, resistance to fire, immunity to ground
also checks: Necrozma-DM, Yveltal, Xerneas
loses to: swords dance; stone edge/rock tomb sets

Celesteela/Skarmory: moderate-high physical bulk, immunity to ground
checks: defensive support, swords dance
also checks: Arceus-Ground, Arceus Fairy, Mega Salamence, Rayquaza
loses to: mixed rock polish; fire attack sets

Offensive Checks
Arceus-Ground: high mixed bulk, faster than PDon, OHKOs non-bulky sets
can switch into: Precipice Blades, Stone Edge, Dragon Pulse
cannot switch into: Fire-type attacks

Primal Kyogre: moderate physical bulk, immunity to fire, OHKOs all sets
can switch into: Fire-type attacks, Stone Edge, Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power Ice
cannot switch into: Precipice Blades

Lunala: high mixed bulk (with Shadow Shield), faster than PDon, 2HKOs all sets
can switch into: all (with Shadow Shield)
cannot switch into: all (without Shadow Shield)

Now, let's see what Untiered mons checks PDon.

Defensive Checks
Gogoat: high mixed bulk, resistance to Ground
checks: defensive support, swords dance
also checks: Arceus-Ground, Kyogre-Primal, Zygarde-Complete
loses to: offensive support, mixed rock polish

Solrock: moderate-high mixed bulk, resistance to Fire, immunity to Ground
also checks: Arceus-Ground, Mega Salamence, Rayquaza
loses to: swords dance; smack down sets

Wailord: high physical bulk, resistance to Fire, Immunity to Ground
also checks: Arceus-Ground, Ho-oh, Zygarde-Complete

Offensive Checks
Swanna: faster than PDon, resistance to Fire, immunity to Ground, OHKOs all sets
can switch into: precipice blades, fire blast/overheat/eruption, dragon pulse, hidden power ice
cannot switch into: stone edge, rock tomb, smack down

Finally, let's see what PDon's move usage.

+----------------------------------------+
| Moves |
| Precipice Blades 81.742% |
| Stealth Rock 48.809% |
| Swords Dance 37.204% |
| Rock Polish 34.135% |
| Stone Edge 31.147% |
| Rock Tomb 24.601% |
| Fire Punch 23.668% |
| Toxic 19.526% |
| Overheat 18.750% |
| Earthquake 14.047% |
| Hidden Power Ice 13.305% |
| Eruption 12.130% |
| Roar 11.081% |
| Fire Blast 8.643% |
| Earth Power 3.657% |
| Other 17.554% |
+----------------------------------------+

We’ll use these usage stats to calculate the approximate effectiveness of each check.

Ho-oh: <44.3%
Celesteela/Skarmory: 48.9%
Gogoat: 48.9%
Giratina-Origin: 49.5%
Salamence-Mega: <49.5%
Arceus-Ground: 60.5%
Solrock: <62.8%
Arceus-Dragon: 62.8%
Arceus-Water: 62.8%
Giratina: 62.8%
Zygarde-Complete: 86.7%
Wailord: >82.4%

As we can clearly see, there are a lot of solid checks already. Groudon is used so much not because it’s broken, but just because it’s really versatile and tanky. There’s no reason to make more subs just to beat it.
4. Are there any viable new Pokemon that can set weather?
- Castform (All), Lapras (Drizzle), Wailord (Delta Stream), Stunfisk & Golem (Sandstream), Magcargo, Tropius & Sunflora (Drought).
5. Are there any strong Fighting-type Pokemon that has a base Speed higher than 100?
- Simisage,
6. Are there any new Pokemon that can counter Pheromosa effectively? Will Pheromosa be good in this new Pet Mod?
-
7. Are there any new Pokemon that outspeed Deoxys-S?
-
Thanks in advance for any answers!

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.

Ability: Magic Bounce
Stats: 90/80/85/130/115/100 (600)
New Moves: Psychic, Psyshock, Mystical Fire, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, Trick

Ability: Prankster, Sheer Force
Stats: 80/140/70/80/70/120
New Moves: Knock Off, Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Its niche would be as a disruptive Prankster user.

I feel like it would be nice for the Pledge moves that makes this trio unique to gain a specific niche.

1. Give them each the other 2 pledge moves they don’t learn.

2. Gain a new 3rd ability “Trio Pledge”: “Fire, Water, and Grass Pledge become a physical attack if the user's Attack > Special Attack, and always gain each of their secondary effects. *Simisear, Simipour, or Simisage only.*

These effects are: “Move becomes 150 base power, and gain STAB regardless of the users’ type” and trigger the following:

Fire Pledge & Grass Pledge - Triggers “Sea of Fire” which causes 12.5% damage on the foe’s side of the field for 4 turns, if the foe isn’t a Fire type (does not trap).

Water & Fire Pledge - Triggers “Rainbow” which doubles the chance of a secondary effect (doesn’t stack with Serene Grace) for 4 turns.

Grass & Water Pledge - Triggers “Swamp” on the foe’s side of the field for 4 turns, which cuts the speed of the foe to 1/4.

(I.e. Water Pledge triggers “Swamp” + “Rainbow”).

3. This would impact Simisage (since it already won) as one of its abilities would have to get removed (likely No Guard), but it would make them unique, and a niche Protean-lite without having to change type while still gaining STAB.

150 Base power does seem strong, but considering only 3 moves get the boost, many Dragons resist all 3 moves, and the effects last only 4 turns and are situationally useful (Serene Grace effect, really?), it can be averaged out.

Maybe cap their offense at 115 or 120 Atk / SpA.

SteelixPrismGX - would you be willing to Lower Simisage’s Atk to 115 or 120 and switch out No Guard for Trio Pledge?

If not, it could just be these 2.

This is assuming Heavyweapons Mann accepts my suggestions.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)