SM UU Froslass Hazard Stack Offense (Peak around 1450)

(EDIT: How do i post smaller versions of the pictures?)

Hi,

I have tried to make a good UU team but i have my problems with this tier. Tried some teams of the forums but did not work. Decided to do a rather brainless HO with Hazards. Did work out decently.

I got to 1450 with that but do not have proof of peak, sorry. played around with too much crap and dropped again. No patience to work my way up there again since UU is really strange this Gen (kinda)

Here is the team:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Description: Froslass was one of the first members of the team because i like the way it can setup Hazards, initiate Mind Games with Destiny Bond with your opponent and prevent Spins (to some extent) and also gets Taunt to prevent Defog/Setup/Status on it. Pretty nice. Have not much to rant about that. Does what it is supposed to do.

It is most of the time the second Mon that comes in after Azelf but depends on your opponents team. Sometimes it is better to safe Froslass to prevent a Spin and such.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast/Skill Swap
- Explosion

Straight forward Azelf set. Suicide lead. Works great. Nice speed, good power with explosion, Taunt to prevent same things as above with Froslass. I was running Skill Swap at one point but it is really up to preference. I like FIre blast more to spank steels like Foretress. Not much more to say here. Works as it should :)

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

This is the first star of the team. There were many different mons in this slot but i went with Xurkitree since it goes VERY well with Froslass and opposing Blastoise. When the Blastoise trys to spin, go Froslass, get up spikes, let the Turtle kill your Ghost/or bring up more hazards if they switch out and if it is gone go to Xurkitree and start your things. It has absolutely sky high SpAtk even without +3. If you get your Z-Hypnosis off than you almost always get a kill on incoming switchins (2hko) or something just gets murdered by +3 Thunderbolt/Energy Ball.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Focus Punch
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Lunge

The second installment of the Sweepers. It has really high Defense and also VERY good HP. So blissey and friends are no problem to setup to. Lunge is awesome because you can also setup on opposing Buzzies (if they do not have Lunge!). Just Sub up, Bulk it up and throw in some lunges at them and you most likely win. At least thats what happened to me most of the time when it was Bug vs. Bug.
Once you are behind a sub just click buttons.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Defog

Latias is great. Everyone likes Latias i guess. It is mainly here to get rid of some pesky setup mons that manage to actually setup or to Trick something a Scarf.
What it is also great for is Mega Beedrill/Aerodactyl that almost ALWAYS are the opponents first choice when they see Azelf/Froslass. Got some Beedrills by surprise but usually they get scared and you can predict a double if you want. But id rather attack most of the time.

Lucario @ Life Orb

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

This thing is kinda underwhelming and a place holder. It swept sometimes but it is just kinda strange. I really do not know what to put here. It spanks some things with its good Atk Stat after a SD and also Double Priority has helped me not only once.

But feel free to make suggestions for a good replacement.

Threatlist:
Mega-Beedrill, Mega-Aerodactyl, fast Taunt Users, opposing Xurkitrees, Primarinas, ...
There are so many mons in UU, i can not list all the threats here.

Summary:

Thats it. Thats the team. It is not something very well thought out but it works. Please feel free to make suggestions but do not destroy the heart of the team with Hazard Stack and Setup mons. Thats what i was trying to do. Other than that - as mentioned before - i am open to any suggestions!

Cheers

Importable:
https://pastebin.com/Pz5dyEW1

Last edited:
Hey PR3D4TOR, today I've decided to rate your team, because I think there's a lot of untapped potential in your team. I'm gonna start the rate with this.

Lucario -> Krookodile

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

This change is addressing to one pokemon your team can do nothing to currently, chandelure. In fact giving yourself two phsycic types, two fighting types, and a ghost type with no stab ghost move, leaves your team at a loss against any ghost type in general. Krookodile also answers other pokemon like Arcanine and Alolan Muk, both of which can also give your team some trouble. Now for change 2

Azelf @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

Honestly, not a big fan of your current Azelf set, it feels like you're trying to do way too much in one pokemon. This Azelf set however, should prove to be a better set, thanks it its coverage and sweeping potential. And as for Frosslass, Spikes -> Shadow Ball, for crying out loud just give Frosslass Shadow Ball, your team could really use it. Next change.

Latias (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

Putting Choice Scarf on Latias, while not a terrible item, isn't the best option. Specs, Assault Vest, and Leftovers can all serve Latias better than Scarf. While Latias is rather fast, making it scarfed will only make you vulnerable against bulkier pokemon that can setup and then run a marathon around your team. And as for the Last change.

Buzzwhole -> Scizor

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Scizor should be your SD user, it bulky, only has one weakness, and can sweep with technicianed priority move. Scizor can also give you momentum with U-Turn, which is heavily suited for offensive teams like yours.

Team With Changes
Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Azelf @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

Latias @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Xurkitree @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Tail Glow

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt

I hope these changes helped.

Thanks.

I will try these changes and see how it works.

Scizor sounds great.

Krook: I had Krook in this slot with some standard and some more uncommon sets. Did not work out that great. But i will give it a shot with the changes you suggested.

I made some adjustements to it:

Band -> Scarf Elf (Helped me win MANY games and also has a surprise factor: Beedrill, SCeptile, Aerodactyl, etc.)
Shadow Ball -> Spikes Lass (Helps much much more overall than second Stab). Ice Beam also breaks Raikous sub if it trys to do that or does enough damage to most mons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)