move 3: Icy Wind
move 4: Thunder Wave / Shadow Ball / Destiny Bond
item: Focus Sash
ability: Cursed Body
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
tera type: Steel / Dark

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its Ghost typing and Cursed Body, Froslass is one of the best suicide leads in Ubers. It is unique for having a strong chance of preventing Glimmora from gaining an entry hazard advantage. Great Tusk and Iron Treads also cannot easily anti-lead Froslass with Rapid Spin.
* Cursed Body sometimes allows Froslass to set more entry hazards than it would normally. In combination with Focus Sash, it has a 51% chance of activating on contact moves.
* Taunt and Icy Wind are both effective at preventing setup from opposing Pokemon. Taunt also prevents Defog from Corviknight.
* The last slot is flexible. Thunder Wave can prove useful against faster leads such as Koraidon, as well as crippling Corviknight.
* Shadow Ball hits Taunt Iron Bundle and Hatterene for great damage.
* Destiny Bond is a strong tool to play mindgames and force switches, which can be used to set more Spikes layers.
* Tera Steel is chosen in case blocking Glimmora's Mortal Spin is necessary. Tera Dark can be used to block Taunt from Grimmsnarl.
* Froslass works best with hyper offense setup sweepers such as Calm Mind Miraidon, Swords Dance Chien-Pao, and Calm Mind Flutter Mane, all of which can sweep much easier with Spikes support. Flutter Mane is a particularly notable teammate for blocking Rapid Spin once Froslass is eliminated.
* Grimmsnarl is an effective partner for further supporting hyper offense teammates by setting dual screens. Spikes also does significant damage to Grimmsnarl's nemesis, Ting-Lu.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Manaphy, 50695]]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [ox04, 507268]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
you know how my colors work gamer

[SET]
name: Spikes Lead
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Taunt
move 4: Thunder Wave / Destiny Bond / Thunder
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk SpA / 252 Spe
tera type: Steel

[SET COMMENTS]

* Froslass is one of the best suicide leads in Ubers.
* Thanks to its Ghost-typing and Cursed Body, Froslass is unique among suicide leads in having a strong chance at preventing Glimmora from gaining an entry hazard advantage. It also prevents Great Tusk and Iron Treads from easily anti-leading Froslass. (Mortal Spin Glimmora could EP/Power Gem + Mortal Spin spam and the spin actually makes it come out on top cause of the poison. Also, the latter sentence "it also prevents..." is written like it's something Froslass does actively when in reality it's a Ghost that sets Spikes. Idk how you fix the first issue)
* Cursed Body sometimes allows Froslass to set more entry hazards than it would normally. In combination with Focus Sash, it has a 51% chance of activating on contact moves.
* Taunt and Icy Wind are both effective options at preventing set-up from opposing Pokemon. Taunt also prevents Defog from Corviknight.
* The last slot is flexible. Thunder Wave can prove useful against faster leads such as Koraidon, as well as crippling Corviknight. Destiny Bond is a strong tool to play mindgames and force switches which can be used to set more Spikes (plural) layers. Thunder is a niche option to beat Taunt Iron Bundle and OHKO Pelipper, but its low accuracy makes it very unreliable otherwise.
* Tera Steel is chosen in case blocking Glimmora's Mortal Spin is necessary.
* Froslass works best with hyper offense set-up sweepers such as Calm Mind Miraidon, Swords Dance Chien-Pao, and Calm Mind Flutter Mane, all of which can sweep much easier with Spikes support. Flutter Mane is a particularly notable teammate for blocking Rapid Spin once Froslass is eliminated.
* Grimmsnarl is an effective partner for further supporting hyper offense teammates by setting dual screens. Spikes also does significant damage to Grimmsnarl's nemesis, Ting-Lu. nemesis is hilarious

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[ , 273339], [ , 306317]] ????? my guy knew I'd be QC 1
- Grammar checked by: [[ ]]

It's Sunday I hope it's implemented :totodiLUL:

1/2
QC_stamp.gif

In my experience I was always using Shadow Ball as opposed to other moves to not be too passive and exploitable by pokemon trying to set up on you or trying to Taunt you (mainly Bundle who would normally beat you with Taunt, now you turn the tables). If it were up to me I would put it first slash, but since other people tend to favor the other choices I'm fine with Shadow Ball as the second slash. By the way, if you disagree, contact on Discord.

Only other thing; expanding the first point couldn't hurt, I think it's best to combine the first and second point as the second point is just continuing on the statement made in the first point. You don't have to change anything, just move the second point in the first as separate sentences in the existing order.

QC 2/2

add
remove
comments

[SET]
name: Spikes Lead
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Taunt
move 4: Thunder Wave / Shadow Ball / Destiny Bond
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
tera type: Steel / Dark

[SET COMMENTS]

* Thanks to its Ghost-typing (remove hyphen) and Cursed Body, Froslass is one of the best suicide leads in Ubers. It is unique for having a strong chance at of preventing Glimmora from gaining an entry hazard advantage. (full stop) , and Great Tusk and Iron Treads also cannot easily anti-lead Froslass with Rapid Spin.
* Taunt and Icy Wind are both effective options at preventing set-up (remove hyphen) from opposing Pokemon. Taunt also prevents Defog from Corviknight.
* The last slot is flexible. Thunder Wave can prove useful against faster leads such as Koraidon, as well as crippling Corviknight.
* Shadow Ball hits Taunt Iron Bundle and Hatterene for great damage.
* Destiny Bond is a strong tool to play mindgames and force switches, (add comma) which can be used to set more Spikes layers.
* Tera Steel is chosen in case blocking Glimmora's Mortal Spin is necessary. Tera Dark can be used to block Taunt from Grimmsnarl.
* Froslass works best with hyper offense set-up (remove hyphen) sweepers such as Calm Mind Miraidon, Swords Dance Chien-Pao, and Calm Mind Flutter Mane, all of which can sweep much easier with Spikes support. Flutter Mane is a particularly notable teammate for blocking Rapid Spin once Froslass is eliminated.
* Grimmsnarl is an effective partner for further supporting hyper offense teammates by setting dual screens. Spikes also does significant damage to Grimmsnarl's nemesis, Ting-Lu.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[Lasen, 273339], [ox04, 507268]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Aurora, 109385]]

GP Team done
Aurora_Small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)