Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Electroweb
- Hidden Power [Bug]
You dont need to use hidden power bug ya know , mons in fp can run mixed , it does dmg off of your speed stat in this case. You can still use u turn , x scissor, etc... You also dont need to invest in spa at all , put the evs from spa. Into your hp or def. so beedrill can use those eves properly

(116): deserves a mention since it has decently powerful priority in nature power

Plus, it can use cotton guard and sweep pretty well. Not as well as Altaria, but could be nice.

You dont need to use hidden power bug ya know , mons in fp can run mixed , it does dmg off of your speed stat in this case. You can still use u turn , x scissor, etc... You also dont need to invest in spa at all , put the evs from spa. Into your hp or def. so beedrill can use those eves properly
I completely forgot that! Thanks!

BEEHOLD (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

I completely forgot that! Thanks!

BEEHOLD (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor
Replace X-Scissor with U-turn and Giga Drain with HP Fire. M-Beedrill's niche is its amazing pivot capabilities, having the strongest U-turn around. Giga Drain doesn't hit anything major, and a neutral Sludge Bomb is stronger than a X2 Giga Drain thanks to Adaptability.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
(116): deserves a mention since it has decently powerful priority in nature power

Plus, it can use cotton guard and sweep pretty well. Not as well as Altaria, but could be nice.
I used this with a Tapu Fini (misty seed, since AV was taken) and the STAB priority Moonblasts were pretty fun when they happened.

Thoughts on these pokemon?

Chansey (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Dazzling Gleam

Machamp @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Mud-Slap (idk replaceable?)

I used this with a Tapu Fini (misty seed, since AV was taken) and the STAB priority Moonblasts were pretty fun when they happened.
Whimsicott is surprisingly diverse, you can run it with koko/fini for different priority nature power, u can run a sweeping set with tailwind, or even run a defensive sweeping cotton guard set, it can even run a flynium (with hurricane) or normalium z (priority z move in nature power)

What i run personally is a tailwind set with normalium z and pair it up with koko/fini, with max speed + tailwind + normalium z it hits like a nuke

(Fun fact: normalium z gives nature power priority http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-610708265 check turn 4)

both will get eaten alive
chansey will be destroyed by physical attacks, which happen to not be restricted in any meaningful way
machamp offers nothing of value offensively or defensively in a meta where attacks can be based off of def/spd

Chansey (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Dazzling Gleam

Machamp @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Mud-Slap (idk replaceable?)
Why run chansey without eviolite, it really needs recovery. Evio it gives literally the same boost as av but also on the phys def side, while being able to use utilities like softboiled and stealth rocks

Sounds interesting but machamp doesnt sound that great in the meta tbh, too slow and too fragile also i dont think full special id a good idea av is very common here
Maybe put close combat over focus blast and fake out/vaccum wave/bullet punch/mach punch over mud slap, seriously anything over mud slap

Also fix the ivs, it has only 1 in attack

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Add to faq (nb: If I'm wrong about how any of these work or phrased them poorly rewriting them would be rad)

Q: How does burn work?
A: Burn halves the base power of physical moves, so those moves will still do half damage, even if they come off of another stat.

Q: Does Tailwind increase my damage?
A: Yes, if speed is your highest stat after Tailwind it will be counted towards your damage.

Q: How does Unaware work?
A: Unaware will not ignore boosts to damage coming from the opposing Pokemon's Defenses or Speed.

Also Blaziken can 100% be unbanned and will probably suck thanks to Speed Boost being banned (not mega though lmao) and Genesect might be worth discussing, but I'll leave that to others if they wish.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Genesect might be worth discussing, but I'll leave that to others if they wish.
Genesect equipping Choice Specs to use Extreme Speed that is as powerful as Choice Band + Download?
Genesect investing in HP and Speed to spam Shift Gear and kill anything that can't take boltbeam / extremespeed?
Genesect using max Speed Choice Scarf to singlehandedly take the title of the best pivot in the meta?

Not a chance, imo.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
!! Tapu Koko Suspect Test !!

The Full Potential council has decided to suspect test Tapu Koko. With an incredible base 130 Speed that allows it to outspeed almost every other Pokemon with Choice Scarf, an excellent ability that sets up Electric Terrain to make its already strong STAB moves even better, and the access to a versatile movepool that further widens its uses, Tapu Koko has been deemed broken. There is no telling whether or not Tapu Koko is a mixed Choice Scarf set, an Agility + Focus Sash set, or anything between, which contributes to its unpredictability. In a metagame that rarely has Pokemon using entry hazards, the Focus Sash set excels even more with the almost guaranteed +2 Speed and the ability to further boost to make Tapu Koko both almost impossible to revenge kill and survive a hit from. Some of the bulkiest Pokemon like Assault Vest Tyranitar aren't safe either, as Tapu Koko can run U-turn for coverage and a pivoting move to incredibly expedite Tapu Koko's sweep. Tapu Koko's ability is also one of the main reasons for Alolan Raichu being banned.

To vote for this test, you will need 1700 Glicko with 70% GXE or higher on a new alt that has "Koko" in it. Please post clear evidence of you achieving the reqs in this thread in the form of one or multiple screenshots. The suspect test will end in two weeks from this post (November 16, 2017 at 11:59 PM). The reqs should be pretty easy to achieve, so don't fret. Acceptable types of alts inlude:

"Koko Kris"
"Kris Koko"
"Krko Kois"

NOT OKAY:

"Kokrisko" etc

Q: How does Unaware work?
A: Unaware will not ignore boosts to damage coming from the opposing Pokemon's Defenses or Speed.
Why? Unaware ignores the opponent's boosts, including defense, in normal gameplay. So why should we be able to bypass unaware by using defense or special defense as the attacking stat?

Why? Unaware ignores the opponent's boosts, including defense, in normal gameplay. So why should we be able to bypass unaware by using defense or special defense as the attacking stat?
to quote bulbapedia:

Specifically, when a Pokémon with this Ability uses a damaging move, the evasion stat stages of the targets are ignored during accuracy calculation, and the Defense and Special Defense stat stages of the targets are ignored during damage calculation; when a Pokémon with this Ability is targeted by a damaging move, the accuracy stat stages of the attacking Pokémon are ignored during accuracy calculation, and the Attack and Special Attack stat stages of the attacking Pokémon are ignored during damage calculation.

so yeah, it only looks at attack and special attack boosts when being attacked

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earth Power
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock / HP Fire

This is Steelix's most common and best set, but most players that are new to FP don't know about it, so I thought it would be a good idea to post it. Steelix is without a doubt, one of the best wallbreakers in the meta. Base 200 defense with Sheer Force is insane, making it difficult for anything to switch in. Sheer Force affects both of Steelix's STABs which helps a lot when it comes to wallbreaking. Rock Slide hits Talonflame and other flying-types. HP Fire is an option on the 4th slot if you already have rocks on your team.

Most of the newer players already know that Steelix is one of the best wallbreakers in the meta, especially with it being in A+ rank. However, what they don't know is that the best way to run Steelix is to actually run max speed. Max Speed let's Steelix outspeed important threats like Kecleon, Araquanid, Chansey, Sylveon and Toxapex, to name a few. A jolly nature also lets Steelix outspeed uninvested TTar, which is very important, especially on lowladder, where most TTars don't run enough EVs to outspeed jolly Steelix.

Steelix @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earth Power
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock / HP Fire

This is Steelix's most common and best set, but most players that are new to FP don't know about it, so I thought it would be a good idea to post it. Steelix is without a doubt, one of the best wallbreakers in the meta. Base 200 defence with Sheer Force is insane, making it difficult for anything to switch in. Sheer Force affects both of Steelix's STABs which helps a lot when it comes to wallbreaking. Rock Slide hits Talonflame and other flying-types. HP Fire is an option on the 4th slot if you already have rocks on your team.

Most of the newer players already know that Steelix is one of the best wallbreakers in the meta, especially with it being in A+ rank. However, what they don't know is that the best way to run Steelix is to actually run max speed. Max Speed lets Steelix outspeed important threats like Kecleon, Araquanid, Chansey, Sylveon and Toxapex, to name a few. A Jolly nature also lets Steelix outspeed uninvested TTar, which is very important, especially on low ladder, where most TTars don't run enough EVs to outspeed jolly Steelix.
Thank you for letting us Kecleon users be aware of this, now we can plan! :P (Not that we couldn't do that in the first place, but still :P)

Anyways, I'd like to post a couple of mons that are effective in the meta, starting with Kecleon, who people on lower ladder often underestimate: (And if people on the higher ladder wouldn't mind commenting on these mons to give their own perspective on them, that'd be neato burrito!)

Bork (Kecleon) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpD / 236 Spe
Calm Nature
- Low Kick
- Fake Out
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off

Kecleon is a very powerful Pokemon in the meta, with access to some of the most useful moves around. It gets great neutral coverage in fighting and ghost moves (it has access to shadow ball if you want that on it, it hits quite strong)- It has access to Fake Out and Shadow Sneak, thus enabling it to be a great cleaner. It also gets knock off to knock off those pesky assault vests, choice items, and eviolite(s). It also has access to sucker punch if you're concerned about being pursuit trapped. It's major two issues are Steelix and Dusclops, although neither really want to switch in when Kecleon is about to use a move. Also, it's speed EV's are there to counter mons like Steelix that want to use increased speed to counter it. Keep in mind, however, that Steelix can run sturdy, so attempting a 1hko it isn't a wise choice for Kecleon. If you need a mon that has great coverage and is great at cleaning up, I'd say vote Kecleon for President!

Here's a possible threat I haven't heard too much about, maybe it's for a reason- if so, I'd love to hear.
Peanut (Buzzwole) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Bulk Up/Poison Jab
- Leech Life
- Brick Break
- Taunt
Some items and moves are probably changeable, but Buzzwole has access to a great defence and a decent typing. Since special moves are less common due to Assault Vest being on most teams. I haven't seen him around too much, but he has access to taunt, which is a great move to stop the slower mons from boosting their defences. He does have hammer arm, but in this scenario, it'd probably be better for him to keep what speed he has in order to taunt fast enough to stop boosting threats. I'd love to know whether people are somehow unaware of him or if there's a good reason he's not usually seen in the meta, especially considering he has some decent resistances to stop a lot of physical threats. The only thing I can think of is perhaps flying mons like Swellow, but that's why you put a mon to resist swellow in your team.

The last mon utilizes a choice scarf to take advantage of its amazing speed and ability as a U-turn user, but it pales a bit compared to Tapu Koko, but if Koko gets booted, as it likely will, then this mon might be able to fill the void. You will want a spinner or defogger just in case, but as it has been previously stated, Stealth Rock is less common in this meta than it is in others. This mon is:
Speedy (Crobat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Brave Bird
- Sludge Bomb
Crobat has great coverage, a powerful U-turn, a good move to use against defensive steel types, and some decent utility with tailwind, taunt and other moves if you don't mind sacrificing his nuking power by giving up the choice scarf. Tailwind may be a good option for your team if you're using speed on your team. Also, he's pretty dang fast, tying Tapu Koko in speed, thus not only causing people to have to risk their win con in tapu Koko via speed tie, but enabling it to avoid non-prankster based taunts.
Again, I'd love the higher ladder people to critique and add stuff, as I'm only ever a middle ladder guy and a top 50 guy at my best.

Last edited:
It should be a punishable crime to use Kecleon in this meta without taking advantage of its excellent special move pool. Fire Blast is especially nice for roasting the physically defensive Steels you’re trying to speed creep despite the fact that I’m fairly sure Low Kick doesn’t kill most of them.

Gryphon827

I COULD BE BANNED!
while it is VERY weak to special attacks, this set is actually decent for sweeping if you get the turn to set up.

Onix @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
Bold Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

The idea: Onix is NFE yet still has 160 defense, which means that you can put an evio on it and it'll have 690 calculated defense. This'll also mean that it'll have 690 calculated attack and spack. Use Rock Polish, and his speed will be good enough to outspeed pokemon with good special attacks.

The Strategy: If you come up against an enemy pokemon who mainly uses physical attacks, switch over to Onix. Since Onix's defense is absolutely massive, you'll eat up their physical attacks on the turn that you take to set up. From there, you can use EQ and SE against almost anyone, and if they happen to resist both, you can use d-edge and not take recoil due to Rock Head.

Voting for ban. Unlike Araquanid, this one is obvious. 130 Speed with Electric Surge and both special and physical coverage is without a doubt broken. There's hardly anything that can check into Koko without fearing to be at least 2hko'd. Scarf and Agility are both really strong sets that don't have many counters/checks, the best one being multiple priority users or Trick Room. Scarf Koko also benefits from Item Clause as it reduces the usage of scarfers and av users that can check/revengekill it. But there are 2 other things that should also be looked at.

The first one of those is Tailwind. I got reqs easily with Tailwind because of how strong Celesteela + Tailwind is. There are also other mons that are really good in Tailwind like Nihilego and Tapu Lele, but Celesteela stands out because of it's natural bulk. There aren't many ways to beat Tailwind teams, the only bad matchups that Tailwind has are TR and other Tailwind teams. It's is also much more broken if paired with Aurora Veil, because it lets Celesteela get an Autotomize off, which is most of the enough to win. Tailwind is generally unhealthy and uncompetitive for the metagame and I would say that it's really similar to Baton Pass in OU before it was banned.

The second one is Item Clause. I really think that Item Clause has a negative effect on the metagame. It makes the meta much less diverse. Item Clause makes a ton of mons nearly unviable, not because they're bad, but because they take up an item slot. For example, AV Magearna is really good, but I can't use it on any of my teams because I need the AV slot for TTar, Sylveon or Kecleon. Not only does it hurt diversity, but it also hurts the metagame in general. I think Koko would've been much less broken if teams were able to run multiple scarfers or AV users. Item Clause shouldn't be gone completely, because something like AV-spam or scarf-spam is still unhealthy for the metagame, but I think the limit should be changed to 2 users per team. A limit of 2 users would still prevent scarf or AV-spam and push diversity in the metagame. However, if that change goes through, then Eviolite should be banned, as it practically allows teams to have 4 AV users.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Flyinium Z/Rockinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Timid Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly/Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- U-turn

Good ol' Lando-T seems like a pretty notable Pokemon. Although it's attack stat is already highest by default, Rock Polish raises it's speed above it's attack stat, thus doubling Rock Polish as a speed and attack enhancer. After a single Rock Polish, Landorus's Speed and Attack both approximate between ~580-620, depending on if you're running Adamant or Timid.

Use Timid if you want higher attack after Rock Polish, making it a better sweeper. Use Adamant if you want higher attack before Rock Polish, giving it more damage beforehand but less potential damage when sweeping (after Rock Polish).

Flyinium Z and Fly provide a very powerful nuke for taking out bulky grass types such as Venusaur and Tangrowth that absorb an Earthquake with no problem. U-Turn lets Landorus act as a pivot for teammates and provides safe switches for bad matchups.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze/Toxic
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

The most basic and standard Toxapex set that exists right now. Now, just take that, and give it 421 SpAtk. It still serves as one of the best walls in today's metagame, while at the same time blowing holes with Scalds that come from a Pokemon with 400+ SpAtk. Toxic is an option over Haze, but Haze is highly recommended since setup moves are so common in Full Potential.

I have an idea
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Stone Edge
Since Black Kyurem can’t learn a physical ice move other then Ice Burn, it shines when every attack comes off that massive Attack stat.

I don't really agree with toxic spikes on toxapex. It's probably the least useful hazard in this metagame because it is outclassed by rocks and spikes which damage almost everything. Things that are susceptible to tspikes are often not around long enough for the damage to be significant, especially considering it doesn't immediately deal damage upon switchin. This means it does nothing to help sweepers most of the time and only situationally helps wallbreakers.

Stockpile is a better option on toxapex. It makes pex an excellent late game sweeper that can be near impossible to stop if electric types are eliminated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)