SM Ubers fun HO Team, peak #3, see updates in comments!

edit 7/18/18: expanded team descriptions and added usage tips + threatlist
edit 7/20/18: more replays + updated peak
edit 4/24/19: see comments for updated team!

First RMT here! HO is my favorite playstyle on the ubers ladder... who has time to win long games when you can lose a bunch quickly. Just kidding! This team has been pretty successful on the ladder. I achieved reqs during the Goth suspect replacing the arceus with suicide Excadrill, and I think the current version of the team is even better. Maybe a better player can top the ladder with it. Without further ado, here is the team!

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 9.46.36 PM.png

At a glance:

The team:

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Sash Deo-A is pretty standard for HO. Dark pulse can be used over superpower or ice beam, but I find Lunala is rare enough that the current set is usually best. E-speed is recommended in case an opposing sweeper sets up and emergency revenge killing is needed. Naive is an option to beat opposing Deo-A.

Calcs:
252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Groudon-Primal: 351-414 (102.9 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas: 295-348 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Anti-lead Arceus , inspired by all the anti-lead arcs you can find in the AG metagame. I used this set to replace suicide Excadrill, since Smeargle is a problem and Excadrill is deadweight against stall teams that may defog multiple times. Lum berry is there to beat Smeargle and other leads that try to toxic or will o wisp you. I lead this set against everything except Sableye. Even against mega-Diancie and excadrill you can e-speed and get it low enough to KO with other mons. Toxic is there for the Giratinas and defensive Yveltal. Once the set is revealed you need to be careful of mega-Gengar and necrozma-dm looking to set up on you.

Also toxic opposing Groudon who may be looking to set up stealth rock, since it's more important to get rid of rocks than to get rocks up. Pro tip: toxic on first turn. If they set up rocks, e-speed twice to get them within range of poison damage. Then defog. Otherwise they will be slower and you won't be able to prevent rocks.

Fat Arceus calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 195-230 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Groudon Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus in Sun: 141-166 (31.9 - 37.6%) -- 91.8% chance to 3HKO

It may be possible to optimize the EV spread even further. But I recommend keeping attack investment to make sure you aren't set up fodder for Excadrill and other suicide leads.
252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 102-121 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cloyster: 81-96 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Classic mixed RP primal groudon. Get rid of opposing Ho-oh and Giratina and this thing wins. The speed EV let you hit 262 speed, which is enough to outspeed ultra necrozma at +1, which is important against sticky web teams. Also you can set up on +2 xerneas and usually outspeed, since most don't run this much speed investment. Rest of the EVs are in sp def for bulk, but maybe putting them into attack wouldn't be bad either. Precipice blades is an option over earthquake, but I'm tired of losing from misses and fire blast already has shaky accuracy. No calcs needed, this thing is a beast.

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Sash ray is probably the best ray set right now. Super easy to set up, just don't let it get will-o-wisped. This set struggles against true stall mons like Lugia and Giratina, so don't switch in on those mons. It's usually better to send ray out early to punch holes and open the way for other sweepers. V-create is necessary to hit necrozma-dm hard.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Rayquaza V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 291-343 (86.8 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Fairy: 289-342 (65 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 144 Def / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Standard geomancy xern. Running 112 speed evs hits 262 speed, the same as my primal groudon, which outspeeds ultra necrozma at +1 for the same reason above. 144 defense EVs minimizes damage from oppsing priority users like Marsh, Ekiller, or Rayquaza. Aromatherapy seems strange on an HO team, but it helps xern beat confide toxic Blissey. Thunder is for ho-oh. Sometimes if the opponent has too many xern counters and I know I can't sweep, I just set up xern early and get off as much damage as possible.

Defensive calcs (offensive calcs not needed lol):
252 Atk Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 144 Def Xerneas: 87-103 (22.1 - 26.2%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 144 Def Xerneas: 123-145 (31.2 - 36.8%) -- 77.4% chance to 3HKO

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Endeavor
- Substitute

Every ubers team has marsh these days, it's just too good. I decided to make my marsh anti-meta. Sub + endeavor means that I can get Yveltal down to low health, and also means that RP groudon and geo xern can't set up on me. Sub can also block toxic and wisp from stall mons. No HP evs means 4 full subs. I use the z crystal to break past checks that are low on health, and also offensive ghost resists that don't expect a z move.

252 Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Fairy: 250-295 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 161-190 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Unfortunately, this means I lose to Ekiller and Arceus-dark in a 1-1 situation, but most Ekiller run chople berry these days and who stays in with Arceus-dark against a potential close combat...

Usage tips:
* keep rocks off! Deo-A needs sash to threaten opposing Marshadow, and Ray needs sash to set up.

* once the Arceus set is revealed, be wary of Necrozma-DM and MegaGar trying to switch in on you.

* don't let opposing sweepers set up. Most of the time it's better to do lots of damage, sack, and then revenge kill with priority rather than switch out. These mons are all rather frail and most of them don't appreciate taking a hit. Four out of six mons also have priority!

Threatlist:

Ditto: this little blob is the single biggest threat to the team... take the L if you face it. best course of action is to try and preserve the sashes on Deo-A and Ray.

Scarf Xerneas is a problem because it outspeeds Ray at +1. Jolly Ray is an option, but that loses to timid Xern. Once again, preserve the sashes and try to weaken this mon before killing it with priority.

Ygod is a monster. Try to scout its set. Fire blast from Pdon and ice beam from Deo-A usually do a big chunk, as does keeping up rocks. Sub + endeavor from Marshadow is a last resort-- just be careful of sucker punch. Sometimes it's better to endeavor at 26% than 1% if you expect sucker punch. Also, it helps if you can land toxic on this thing at the beginning of the match.

Ho-oh: if you don't get rocks up, Ho-oh is a headache because there are no real switchins. If you do have rocks however, Marshadow can take care of ho-oh with its z move, as can Rayquaza if it doesn't get burned by sacred fire.
252 Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 250-295 (60 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 289-342 (69.4 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lunala + Lugia: you need to get rocks against these two. Lunala's Z move OHKOs Pdon and Xerneas, while Lugia's multiscale allows it to toxic stall pretty much my whole team with the exception of Marshadow.

Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Groudon @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Endeavor
- Substitute

Shoutout to Goat Heart! Always fun to play with and helped me a lot when I first started playing ubers. Wouldn't have made it anywhere with you frend :]

Please leave a message if you enjoyed the team or if you have any suggestions. I am usually in the Ubers room as "The Passive Menis". Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about the team. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Nayrz I'd like to nominate this team as a candidate for placement in Smogon's official RMT Archive. It's an exemplary snapshot of the SM metagame at this moment in time. Double sash HO is an incredibly potent playstyle in this tier and has been used by prior Ubers greats such as Exiline. This team eviscerates opposing HO by forcing above-parity trades with its powerful, sashed attackers, abundance of priority, and potent sweepers. Stall is an easy matchup as well, with Thunder Xerneas easily muscling past checks like Lugia and Pex with the assistance of timely Thunder paras. Balance vs HO is interesting, but this team definitely possesses enough pressure to breaks walls/keep up hazards. Such a positive matchup spread for such an offensive team hasn't been seen since ORAS and reminds me vaguely of Dialga / Deo-A / Xern / PDon / EKiller / Mence in terms of functionality. It represents the pinnacle of an offensive team designed to beat offense in an offensive metagame, all while breaking the mold with potent/innovative news concepts in Lead Arceus-Normal and Mono-Ghost Marshadow.

My only recommendation is to use Swagger over Shadow Sneak on Marshadow. This allows it to break past pokemon listed as issues, truly abuse hazards, and force more sacs (in conjunction with Endeavor). Also make sure your Marsh can sub 4 times and get to 1 HP, that's key when using Endeavor!

Nayrz I'd like to nominate this team as a candidate for placement in Smogon's official RMT Archive. It's an exemplary snapshot of the SM metagame at this moment in time. Double sash HO is an incredibly potent playstyle in this tier and has been used by prior Ubers greats such as Exiline. This team eviscerates opposing HO by forcing above-parity trades with its powerful, sashed attackers, abundance of priority, and potent sweepers. Stall is an easy matchup as well, with Thunder Xerneas easily muscling past checks like Lugia and Pex with the assistance of timely Thunder paras. Balance vs HO is interesting, but this team definitely possesses enough pressure to breaks walls/keep up hazards. Such a positive matchup spread for such an offensive team hasn't been seen since ORAS and reminds me vaguely of Dialga / Deo-A / Xern / PDon / EKiller / Mence in terms of functionality. It represents the pinnacle of an offensive team designed to beat offense in an offensive metagame, all while breaking the mold with potent/innovative news concepts in Lead Arceus-Normal and Mono-Ghost Marshadow.
Thanks for the compliments! I would be happy to expand my descriptions too if this post ends up being archived.

My only recommendation is to use Swagger over Shadow Sneak on Marshadow. This allows it to break past pokemon listed as issues, truly abuse hazards, and force more sacs (in conjunction with Endeavor). Also make sure your Marsh can sub 4 times and get to 1 HP, that's key when using Endeavor!
Interesting idea, I'll try it out. Though in general I find that priority is useful, since otherwise I lose to opposing sweepers.

Hey there, cool team :-)

I rly like your opening and the game plan , Anti-Lead Arceus is in my opinion the strongest way to prevent Hazards , and you have multiple pokemon which can make use of it.
Made it to top 10 with this idea with multiple meme teams. (I prefer ground with espeed/defog/jud/icebeam, but your variant seems incredible strong factored in the surprise that you are not e-killer)

My first idea of improvement would be to remove Deo-A and give Marshadow the Sash. Then you have the option to run a better Z wallbreaker like Lunala (synergie with defog) or dual dance Necrozma (S-Rank).

This would also solve multiple defensive issues you have when your opponent gets rocks up. (check to xerneas)

best regards

L3mN

Hey there, cool team :-)

I rly like your opening and the game plan , Anti-Lead Arceus is in my opinion the strongest way to prevent Hazards , and you have multiple pokemon which can make use of it.
Made it to top 10 with this idea with multiple meme teams. (I prefer ground with espeed/defog/jud/icebeam, but your variant seems incredible strong factored in the surprise that you are not e-killer)

My first idea of improvement would be to remove Deo-A and give Marshadow the Sash. Then you have the option to run a better Z wallbreaker like Lunala (synergie with defog) or dual dance Necrozma (S-Rank).

This would also solve multiple defensive issues you have when your opponent gets rocks up. (check to xerneas)

best regards

L3mN
Thanks for the rate! Really appreciate it. I love your meme teams haha.

Lunala and Necrozma-DM would definitely help me against Xerneas a lot. My only qualm is that Lunala allows Yveltal to switch in, and I have no real checks to that mon. I will definitely try sash Marshadow and dual dance Necrozma-DM though. I will likely have to run Z in order to break past Yveltal.

Just wanted to post an updated version of this team, which I believe is more consistent. I have not been playing Ubers very often, so I am hoping someone will be able to make an even better version of this team. I still believe HO is the most fun playstyle for filthy casuals like me!

Brief rundown of changes:

Dark pulse > ice beam on Deoxys-A to handle Necrozma-DM and Lunala better.

Farium Z > Power herb on Xerneas to better handle stall. Alternatively could use rest/sleep talk, since I have found aromatherapy/ingrain has lost me quite a few games.

Scarf Lele > Marshadow. The biggest change, and probably counter-intuitive. I have a lot of priority on this team, but Lele's role is be a Marsh check, speed control, and protect Deo-A from priority. It's been a more successful 'mon than I would have anticipated.

Thanks for reading! Please comment any changes, would love some feedback. Shoutout again to my man Goat Heart ♥ !

Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse
- Extreme Speed

Arceus @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Groudon @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Ingrain

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:

airfare

is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OUPL Champion
Just wanted to post an updated version of this team, which I believe is more consistent. I have not been playing Ubers very often, so I am hoping someone will be able to make an even better version of this team. I still believe HO is the most fun playstyle for filthy casuals like me!

Brief rundown of changes:

Dark pulse > ice beam on Deoxys-A to handle Necrozma-DM and Lunala better.

Farium Z > Power herb on Xerneas to better handle stall. Alternatively could use rest/sleep talk, since I have found aromatherapy/ingrain has lost me quite a few games.

Scarf Lele > Marshadow. The biggest change, and probably counter-intuitive. I have a lot of priority on this team, but Lele's role is be a Marsh check, speed control, and protect Deo-A from priority. It's been a more successful 'mon than I would have anticipated.

Thanks for reading! Please comment any changes, would love some feedback. Shoutout again to my man Goat Heart ♥ !

Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse
- Extreme Speed

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Groudon @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Serious Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Ingrain

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

bold xerneas? think u forgot to change that

bold xerneas? think u forgot to change that
Good catch, edited above!

Made a few changes to the team again, just gonna post here even tho nobody cares. lol.

Changed Xerneas set back to power herb geomancy, but with rest/sleep talk. Could be replaced by a standard set like thunder/aromatherapy or thunder/defog, but this could potentially beat Blissey/Chansey, since Ho-oh is taken care of by groudon/rayquaza/arceus (toxic).

Also, changed my RP groudon set to a weird variant. This groudon is modest and bulky, inspired by a match against maelizondo2 in which my scarf lele outsped his +2 speed groudon (see replays). I thought I would also build a bulkier groudon, and this is what I came up with. Rock tomb is for ho-oh, and it is also useful on the switch (see replays). Because it's modest, pb was used over eq. I think the EV spread could be optimized, but this one is working well. For example,
252 Atk Life Orb Technician Marshadow Close Combat vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 165-195 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

These are the changes I believe are best suited for the team. For a little bit, I tried terrain extender Lele, scarf Xern, double dance Groudon, and life orb Deo-A at the suggestion of Amir (thank you for the suggestions!). But ultimately this team relies on priority, so terrain extender Lele did not have good synergy, and Deo-A really needs sash.

Well, here is the final team. If I have time someday I will write a review of how to play this team. Basically try to defog with arceus, hazards are brutal. SR + defog is weird, but I truly believe it is the best set, because against stall (where it is hard to always defog) at least I can get my own SR, and against offense I can usually keep hazards off my side. Also use Lele wisely.

If you're new to Ubers, go to the chatroom and spectate battles and try to find someone to learn with. If Goat Heart ♥ is online go find him he's the best!

Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse
- Extreme Speed

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 200 HP / 200 SpA / 84 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Rest

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Thanks for reading, hope I'll have time to do a more comprehensive write up some day!

Been playing the final update you posted for the past hour or so.
Loving it! The Anti-Lead Arceus is my new favourite thing haha

Reactions: Nel

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
edit 7/18/18: expanded team descriptions and added usage tips + threatlist
edit 7/20/18: more replays + updated peak
edit 4/24/19: see comments for updated team!

First RMT here! HO is my favorite playstyle on the ubers ladder... who has time to win long games when you can lose a bunch quickly. Just kidding! This team has been pretty successful on the ladder. I achieved reqs during the Goth suspect replacing the arceus with suicide Excadrill, and I think the current version of the team is even better. Maybe a better player can top the ladder with it. Without further ado, here is the team!

At a glance:

The team:

Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Sash Deo-A is pretty standard for HO. Dark pulse can be used over superpower or ice beam, but I find Lunala is rare enough that the current set is usually best. E-speed is recommended in case an opposing sweeper sets up and emergency revenge killing is needed. Naive is an option to beat opposing Deo-A.

Calcs:
252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Groudon-Primal: 351-414 (102.9 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Deoxys-Attack Psycho Boost vs. 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas: 295-348 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Anti-lead Arceus , inspired by all the anti-lead arcs you can find in the AG metagame. I used this set to replace suicide Excadrill, since Smeargle is a problem and Excadrill is deadweight against stall teams that may defog multiple times. Lum berry is there to beat Smeargle and other leads that try to toxic or will o wisp you. I lead this set against everything except Sableye. Even against mega-Diancie and excadrill you can e-speed and get it low enough to KO with other mons. Toxic is there for the Giratinas and defensive Yveltal. Once the set is revealed you need to be careful of mega-Gengar and necrozma-dm looking to set up on you.

Also toxic opposing Groudon who may be looking to set up stealth rock, since it's more important to get rid of rocks than to get rocks up. Pro tip: toxic on first turn. If they set up rocks, e-speed twice to get them within range of poison damage. Then defog. Otherwise they will be slower and you won't be able to prevent rocks.

Fat Arceus calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 195-230 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Groudon Fire Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus in Sun: 141-166 (31.9 - 37.6%) -- 91.8% chance to 3HKO

It may be possible to optimize the EV spread even further. But I recommend keeping attack investment to make sure you aren't set up fodder for Excadrill and other suicide leads.
252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 102-121 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cloyster: 81-96 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Groudon @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Classic mixed RP primal groudon. Get rid of opposing Ho-oh and Giratina and this thing wins. The speed EV let you hit 262 speed, which is enough to outspeed ultra necrozma at +1, which is important against sticky web teams. Also you can set up on +2 xerneas and usually outspeed, since most don't run this much speed investment. Rest of the EVs are in sp def for bulk, but maybe putting them into attack wouldn't be bad either. Precipice blades is an option over earthquake, but I'm tired of losing from misses and fire blast already has shaky accuracy. No calcs needed, this thing is a beast.

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Sash ray is probably the best ray set right now. Super easy to set up, just don't let it get will-o-wisped. This set struggles against true stall mons like Lugia and Giratina, so don't switch in on those mons. It's usually better to send ray out early to punch holes and open the way for other sweepers. V-create is necessary to hit necrozma-dm hard.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Rayquaza V-create vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 291-343 (86.8 - 102.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Fairy: 289-342 (65 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Standard geomancy xern. Running 112 speed evs hits 262 speed, the same as my primal groudon, which outspeeds ultra necrozma at +1 for the same reason above. 144 defense EVs minimizes damage from oppsing priority users like Marsh, Ekiller, or Rayquaza. Aromatherapy seems strange on an HO team, but it helps xern beat confide toxic Blissey. Thunder is for ho-oh. Sometimes if the opponent has too many xern counters and I know I can't sweep, I just set up xern early and get off as much damage as possible.

Defensive calcs (offensive calcs not needed lol):
252 Atk Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 144 Def Xerneas: 87-103 (22.1 - 26.2%) -- 8.8% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 144 Def Xerneas: 123-145 (31.2 - 36.8%) -- 77.4% chance to 3HKO

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Endeavor
- Substitute

Every ubers team has marsh these days, it's just too good. I decided to make my marsh anti-meta. Sub + endeavor means that I can get Yveltal down to low health, and also means that RP groudon and geo xern can't set up on me. Sub can also block toxic and wisp from stall mons. No HP evs means 4 full subs. I use the z crystal to break past checks that are low on health, and also offensive ghost resists that don't expect a z move.

252 Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Fairy: 250-295 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 161-190 (40.9 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Unfortunately, this means I lose to Ekiller and Arceus-dark in a 1-1 situation, but most Ekiller run chople berry these days and who stays in with Arceus-dark against a potential close combat...

Usage tips:
* keep rocks off! Deo-A needs sash to threaten opposing Marshadow, and Ray needs sash to set up.

* once the Arceus set is revealed, be wary of Necrozma-DM and MegaGar trying to switch in on you.

* don't let opposing sweepers set up. Most of the time it's better to do lots of damage, sack, and then revenge kill with priority rather than switch out. These mons are all rather frail and most of them don't appreciate taking a hit. Four out of six mons also have priority!

Threatlist:

Ditto: this little blob is the single biggest threat to the team... take the L if you face it. best course of action is to try and preserve the sashes on Deo-A and Ray.

Scarf Xerneas is a problem because it outspeeds Ray at +1. Jolly Ray is an option, but that loses to timid Xern. Once again, preserve the sashes and try to weaken this mon before killing it with priority.

Ygod is a monster. Try to scout its set. Fire blast from Pdon and ice beam from Deo-A usually do a big chunk, as does keeping up rocks. Sub + endeavor from Marshadow is a last resort-- just be careful of sucker punch. Sometimes it's better to endeavor at 26% than 1% if you expect sucker punch. Also, it helps if you can land toxic on this thing at the beginning of the match.

Ho-oh: if you don't get rocks up, Ho-oh is a headache because there are no real switchins. If you do have rocks however, Marshadow can take care of ho-oh with its z move, as can Rayquaza if it doesn't get burned by sacred fire.
252 Atk Marshadow Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 250-295 (60 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Ho-Oh: 289-342 (69.4 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lunala + Lugia: you need to get rocks against these two. Lunala's Z move OHKOs Pdon and Xerneas, while Lugia's multiscale allows it to toxic stall pretty much my whole team with the exception of Marshadow.

Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Groudon @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rayquaza @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Ascent

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Endeavor
- Substitute

Shoutout to Goat Heart! Always fun to play with and helped me a lot when I first started playing ubers. Wouldn't have made it anywhere with you frend :]

Please leave a message if you enjoyed the team or if you have any suggestions. I am usually in the Ubers room as "The Passive Menis". Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions about the team. Thanks for reading!
The original variant of the team looks like it would be interesting to try out in AG sometime, maybe with a couple changes. Maybe I'll do that next week sometime on my AG ladder tour alt after i've qualified.

Reactions: Nel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)