Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore
- Final Gambit

Basic Shuckle Web's set Encore for setup mons or screen setters and Final Gambit for momentum.

1610301853628.png

Carracosta @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flail
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Rock Slide

I really wanted to build a team using this Mon and I chose this set. Basically you get him in after a sac or Final Gambit from Shuckle (I would've liked more momentum moves but with the amount of support this set needs it was hard to fit in) Then you just shell smash and preferably get hit with a super effective move to get 2x speed and 4x attack, in conjunction with Web's this can be deadly and allows Carracosta to 1v1 a lot of offensive threats as long as his sturdy isn't broken. There are obviously a lot of counters like priority users, Sand and hail, and rocky helmet mons.

1610303263826.png

Hatterene (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball
Next I chose Hatterene to support carracosta by preventing hazards and opposing Web's as well as a nice special breaker. Av allows it to deal with threats it usually couldn't without trick room up like non specs Spectrier and Dragapult, I chose draining kiss over dazzling gleam for the recovery it gives which allows hatterene to stay at almost full HP after 1v1'ing Pult and mystical fire for steel types like ferro and corv.

1610303871718.png

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
As my defiant user to deter Defog I chose Bisharp, really just because of its lack of use and I like the Mon. Zapdos-G or OG Wild charge Thunderous would probably work better here and also give the team a ground immunity but with how common future sight is I also wanted a dark type. I was unsure on the item it was a toss-up between hdb and lo in the end I went with lo to maximise the damage if I do switch in on a Defog, protective pads could be good too for flame body mons.

1610304585051.png

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
Here I needed a fast special attacker to serve as part breaker part revenge killer, I was going to use Scarf Hydreigon and replace Bisharp with Zapdos-G but without the ghost type to stop rapid spin I would've had a really hard time dealing with opposing Excadrill so I ended up choosing Dragapult. I went with Pult over Spectrier because of the better coverage Dragapult gets with Flamethrower and t-bolt but you could definitely have Spec here instead.

1610304986649.png

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
Last is Excadrill. So I needed hazard removal as I couldn't rely solely on hatterene, as well as needing another physical sweeper, plus I couldn't really have a Defog user as I didn't want to remove my own much needed hazards given how slow the team is, I wanted an electric immunity and also something that could deal with av mag as the team would get completely destroyed by that Mon, The only Mon that provided all of these things was Excadrill.

PokePaste: https://pokepast.es/743e6cfccf7800f4

Any feedback and criticism is appreciated as this is my first RMT I know this team isn't competitively viable but I had a lot of fun using it so I wanted to share it.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

unlocked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)