Fun with NU

Heres my RMT and this time I tackle what is probably my favorite tier right now
NU

This is a more defensive team and I have used it 4 battles. where it won 2 of them and nearly won 2.

Scolipede@focus sash
Ability: Poison point
Nature: Jolly, 252atk, 252spe, 4hp
Moves:
Rock Slide
Megahorn
Spikes
Swords dance

Quite possibly the most viable lead from the NU, Scolipede is a very fast and can set up spikes or either swords dance at the very least. A focus sash would prove useful against something that would potentially ohko it. Megahorn is a reliable stab and Rock Slide is to help cover against Scolipede two weaknesses and even give a flinch chance. Spikes are great but considering Scolipede pitiful defenses it would be luck to even set up 3 but it is almost guaranteedtoset up at least 2 unless it goes up against priority users. But Scolipede isn't meat to go up against them.

Meganium@lightclay
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Bold, 252hp, 80def, 176spd, 4spe
Moves:
Light Screens
Reflect
Toxic
Energy Ball

The teams dual screener and an effective one at that, By spreading the evs in a more balanced way meganium is capable of switching in safely against any non super effective hit and set up screens, in many ways Meganium is sort of like the alternate lead of the team, depending on way play style im going for, and this works for my offensive team members who are normally very frail. Toxic is there as the standard stalling move which saps the opponents hp to zero slowly and energy ball as reliable stab. The extra 4 evs in speed are to outspeed pokes of the same base speed who did not put investements on to it.

Throh@leftovers
Ability: Guts
Nature: Brave, 252hp, 252atk, 4spd
Moves:
Bulk Up
Stone Edge
Payback
Brick break

The offensive tank of the team, which works as the Conkeldurr of NU. If you know how Conkeldurr works than Throh functions very similarly in this team.
Bulk up is used to boost up his already impressive attack stat and increase his passable physical defense. The investements in hp help Conkeldurr.. Err I mean Throh survival. Stone edge and payback are useful coverage moves to handle flying and psychic types, the brave nature was chosen to make sure throh almost always hits second to maximize paybacks power. Unfortunately, Throh does not have access to drain punch so I had to make due with brick break since its the most reliable fighting move in throhs movepool.

Magmortar@ChoiceScarf
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Modest, 252satk, 252spe, 4hp
Moves:
Hp Grass
Fire blast
Psychic
Thunderbolt

The sweeper of the team, magmortar is a beast with choice scarf capable of 2hko even ohkoing everything thats not resisted. the modest nature is used to maximize his special attack with choice scarf increasing his meh speed. Choice Scarf is rather uncommon now a days with peopleusing either choice specs or choice band instead but the scarfed set for me has helped greatly in dealing with opposing teams frail sweepers. Fire blast is the reliable stab move, with t-bolt and hp grass for coverage. I've never seen anyone use psychic with Magmortar so I decided to slap it on him to suprise poison and fighting types.

Slowking@leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
Nature: Bold, 252hp, 252def, 4spd
Moves:
Scald
Slack off
Psychic
Calm mind

An effective offensive and defensive set. By puting all the investements onto physical defense I let calm mind boost up slowkings superior special defense. Not only is slowking get a boost in special defense but hes also getting a boost into his special attack. I picked scald over surf and hydro pump since the burn chance on scald is so appealing and it helps to indirectly boost slowkings physical defense. Slack off is a useful recovery psychic is a alternative stab which covers different things. I been thinking of replacing slack off for ice beam but so far this has been working for me.

Miltank@leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Impish, 252hp, 252def, 4spe
Moves:
Seismic Toss
Protect
Milk Drink
Toxic

The final team member is none other than miltank who specializes as my teams physical wall. If anything this miltank is sort of the reverse Blissey, being physically bulky how ever Miltanks special defense isn't completely unguarded for its ability thick fat makes miltank resist ice and fire moves which are common special attacking moves. Seismic toss grants miltank a way of bringing down the foes hp quicker due to the fix damage it grants toxic in combination with protect does wonders and milk drink is for recovery when leftovers just don't cut it.

So theres my team please give your thoughts and don't be so mean spirited. Some tweaks were made before I made this thread as well.

Let me see what I can help with...

First of all, your Meganium has too many EV's listed. I'm not sure where you're finding those 4 extra EV's for speed, but they aren't there. Meganium can run Aromatherapy if you need a cleric. Also, run Giga Drain instead of Energy Ball; 5 BP is a small price to pay for the healing it grants you. Serperior is another option for a Grass-type Dual-Screener; it has slightly less bulk and SpAtk, but it is much faster than Meganium.

Throh doesn't need a SpDef investment, put it either in Def or Spe. That's just a minor nitpick, but you'll never need the extra SpDef. Storm Throw has more power than Brick Break as the move will ALWAYS score a critical hit, so unless you need something specifically to take out Screen users you should change the move. Sawk isn't as bulky as Throh, but it is much faster (the Choice Scarf variant is among the fastest Pokemon of NU), has access to Sturdy, and hits hard enough to OHKO much of the metagame. Not saying you NEED to switch Throh, but Sawk is a healthy alternative.

Miltank looks ok...but running Heal Bell over one of its moves could help your team out more.

Scolipede is nice. Has decent synergy with the rest of your team.

Speaking of synergy, I've noticed your team has 3 weaknesses to Flying. Scolipede has Rock Slide, Throh has Stone Edge, and Magmortar has Thunderbolt, but two of those are actually weak to Flying, and the most popular Flying types out-speed them. Not that big of a deal since your team as a whole is fairly bulky on the physical side, but it's something I wanted to point out.

Slowking needs Regenerator as its ability. I have no idea why you would be using Oblivious. I haven't ever used or seen CM Slowking, so I'm not quite sure how effective they can be. Of course, there's always Psyshock over Psychic so you can win CM wars. Nasty Plot is usually the preferred move on Slowking.

Magmortar isn't hitting anything with HP Grass and Psychic that HP Ice and Focus Blast aren't hitting better iirc...correct me if I'm wrong.

That's all that comes to my mind right now, sorry if I wasn't very helpful.

Let me see what I can help with...

First of all, your Meganium has too many EV's listed. I'm not sure where you're finding those 4 extra EV's for speed, but they aren't there. Meganium can run Aromatherapy if you need a cleric. Also, run Giga Drain instead of Energy Ball; 5 BP is a small price to pay for the healing it grants you. Serperior is another option for a Grass-type Dual-Screener; it has slightly less bulk and SpAtk, but it is much faster than Meganium.

Throh doesn't need a SpDef investment, put it either in Def or Spe. That's just a minor nitpick, but you'll never need the extra SpDef. Storm Throw has more power than Brick Break as the move will ALWAYS score a critical hit, so unless you need something specifically to take out Screen users you should change the move. Sawk isn't as bulky as Throh, but it is much faster (the Choice Scarf variant is among the fastest Pokemon of NU), has access to Sturdy, and hits hard enough to OHKO much of the metagame. Not saying you NEED to switch Throh, but Sawk is a healthy alternative.

Miltank looks ok...but running Heal Bell over one of its moves could help your team out more.

Scolipede is nice. Has decent synergy with the rest of your team.

Speaking of synergy, I've noticed your team has 3 weaknesses to Flying. Scolipede has Rock Slide, Throh has Stone Edge, and Magmortar has Thunderbolt, but two of those are actually weak to Flying, and the most popular Flying types out-speed them. Not that big of a deal since your team as a whole is fairly bulky on the physical side, but it's something I wanted to point out.

Slowking needs Regenerator as its ability. I have no idea why you would be using Oblivious. I haven't ever used or seen CM Slowking, so I'm not quite sure how effective they can be. Of course, there's always Psyshock over Psychic so you can win CM wars. Nasty Plot is usually the preferred move on Slowking.

Magmortar isn't hitting anything with HP Grass and Psychic that HP Ice and Focus Blast aren't hitting better iirc...correct me if I'm wrong.

That's all that comes to my mind right now, sorry if I wasn't very helpful.
About Slowking having oblivious I wasn't sure if its dream world ability was released and the ev spreads with meganium help balance out its defenses,
and yes I noticed that my team has a signifcant weakness to flying as well. Guess an overhaul is to be made :(

-Meganium is outclassed by a few Daul Screeners, such as Mesprit and Gardevoir, with this set:

Gardevoir @ Light Clay
Trace
Timid nature
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Memento
-Taunt/ Will-o-Wisp/ Psychic

or

Mesprit @ Light Clay
Levitate
Timid
252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Healing Wish
-Thunder Wave/ Toxic/ Psychic

BU Throh should not be running Brick Break OR Storm Throw, but Circle Throw. It may not seem powerful, but with hazards from Scolipede as well as the boost in power from the Bulk Up's you're receiving, the damage grows quickly. Also, him and Sawk play completely different roles. Sawk is a fast, hard-hitting poke, while Throh is a bulky mother-fucker who just sits there until it can sweep or is taken out.

Magmortar should be running Vital Spirit, avoiding all the random Sleep moves thrown around. Flame Body never really did anything anyway. HP Grass gets rid of Quagsire and Rhydon, definitely keep it. I do agree on changing Psychic to FBlast or Cross Chop though, what does it hit that Fire Blast/ Tbolt doesn't?

As stated before, Regenerator Slowking. Now.

I don't know about Miltank. Take away Protect + SToss for Curse + Body Slam, or just delete Protect for Heal Bell. Scrappy can also be used so Haunter doesn't just lol at you all day.

I think that storm throw should replace brick break, because of pokemon like Whimsicott and Altaria who can spam cotton guard all day long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)