Fusion Evolution V4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the different topic of there being perhaps too many fusions (576 is a lot!), perhaps the community could vote on the top 20 or around that and keep them, then get rid of the rest? It would keep those fusions that are deserving and bring something to the meta while removing those that aren't really being utilized.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
On the different topic of there being perhaps too many fusions (576 is a lot!), perhaps the community could vote on the top 20 or around that and keep them, then get rid of the rest? It would keep those fusions that are deserving and bring something to the meta while removing those that aren't really being utilized.
No.

Sure, let's just shitcan years of people's time and effort because something something tryhard bullshit. I foresee no problems with that whatsoever.
Fair enough, though you could have worded that far better, but I'll cut you some slack, you're welcome.

Edit: Apologies for my own rudeness, however please keep in mind that new members like me aren't as familiar with pet mods as people like you are, and it would be nice if you cut the sarcasm!

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Besides them not being used is no harm
I thought we already established that having almost 600 fusions makes the Pet Mod a teambuilding nightmare. No one knows what's meta or what to expect from opponents. See https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...en-won-by-brodaha.3641258/page-2#post-7909904 for example.
So yes them being used is literally harmful to the meta. BUT I don't think removing them is a solution either, instead we should playtest more, ban OP fusions, divide them by tier and make "Fusion Evolution (no Fusion Moves)" the main version of FE because that is way less complicated to teambuild.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Sure, let's just shitcan years of people's time and effort because something something tryhard bullshit. I foresee no problems with that whatsoever.
Friendly reminder that this post as a whole sums up why Fusion Evolution has approximately no chance of ever actually being competitive- the mod’s too big for its own good but any attempts to downsize is a big moral issue, with the whole removal of people’s work and all.
This mod should definitely be more akin to Crossover Chaos, attempting to balance out and make the mod playable will likely be nowhere near the effort compared to just having fun, subbing cool stuff and making fun sprites.

We already have our fair share of “competitive” mods (Optimons, Sylvemons, Clean Slate, ATT, etc)

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Friendly reminder that this post as a whole sums up why Fusion Evolution has approximately no chance of ever actually being competitive- the mod’s too big for its own good but any attempts to downsize is a big moral issue, with the whole removal of people’s work and all.
This mod should definitely be more akin to Crossover Chaos, attempting to balance out and make the mod playable will likely be nowhere near the effort compared to just having fun, subbing cool stuff and making fun sprites.

We already have our fair share of “competitive” mods (Optimons, Sylvemons, Clean Slate, ATT, etc)
Fair enough, but I do think there should be at least some level of balance. Just maybe not that strict so peoppe still have fun submitting stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)