Pokémon Galarian Darmanitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite not being able to switch moves anymore, this thing actually kind of likes Dynamax gone, because enemy Dynamaxes almost universally screwed it over, robbing it of KOs and pretty much universally always KOing in return.

It's still tough to deal with, though, especially now that you can't defensively dynamax against it, and may be the next Pokemon the community decides to ban.

Despite not being able to switch moves anymore, this thing actually kind of likes Dynamax gone, because enemy Dynamaxes almost universally screwed it over, robbing it of KOs and pretty much universally always KOing in return.

It's still tough to deal with, though, especially now that you can't defensively dynamax against it, and may be the next Pokemon the community decides to ban.
I agree, the general consensus seems to be that it benefited greatly when dyna was banned

Well, there are a few things. First, Stealth Rock prevents Darmanitan from switching in and out like crazy. It also wears it down. So keeping up rocks can be a good countrplay, especially if you can play around the choice lock.

Max health Machamp can usually live an attack and 1 shot return it with Dynamic Punch or a similar fighting move. If you are adding Dynamax to the equation, Dynamax Machamp will also 1 shot Dynamax Darm. I have also been experimenting using a semi-Trick Room team with Machamp and Copperajah, which results in a very clean 1HKO for either if you can get the Trick Room up first.

Scarfed Imposter Ditto can generally also beat it because it can get the Flare Blitz off first. Although, most of the Darm sets I see are Choice Scarfed. Ditto or Galarian Darmanitan can 1HKO each other with the support of Sticky Webs.

I assume a high powered Bullet Punch abuser like Lucario (with Stealth Rock support) or maybe Guts Conkeldurr with Mach Punch could one shot it. Same with a Choice Scarfed or Dynamax speed boost with Cinderace, Rapidash, or Charizard. I haven't actually tried any of those things yet myself. They are just estimations based off Darmanitan's frailty and maybe speed tier.

Defensively, most water types would resist both Ice STAB and Flare Blitz. So finding a good defensive water type could work. The main problem with Toxapex is it gets wrecked by Earthquake coverage on the wrong predict. I think Intimidate Gyarados could actually be made to counter it if it wasn't already such a good Dynamax abuser. Although, Darm can carry Stone Edge if that becomes too common. Fighting and ground are the most common coverage moves carried in addition to the main fire and ice type moves. However, it should be noted that both Stone Edge/Rock Slide and Zen Headbutt are possible on it if certain threats and/or counterplays become more common.
Defensive Rotom-Wash and Jellicent should counter it if it’s Scarfed. Banded GDarm has no counters though. Like zero.

Defensive Rotom-Wash and Jellicent should counter it if it’s Scarfed. Banded GDarm has no counters though. Like zero.
Except Scarfed versions of itself maybe?

Yeah, that’s the ridiculous thing about Banded Darm: the only thing that can check it are faster mons: nothing much can take a hit.

Yeah, but even then ur taking 40 from eq as jellicent and 30 from u turn with rotom wash and darm sometimes runs stone edge or superpower over flare blitz. This thing has no counters, it needs a little bit of chip then it goes ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)