Gamageroge

Yes, but the 30% of poison from Sludge Bomb vs. the 10% chance from Sludge Wave makes Sludge Bomb arguably the better choice.
I consider regular poison to actually be worse than no status at all, since it gives opponents immunities to REALLY crippling status's, such as paralysis or burn. That being said, I don't think a 20% difference in a chance to inflict the weakest status ailment in the game is reason to forgo 5 extra base power.

poison is poison any added amount of damage is exceptable in my book. and besides if you don't like normal poison don't use a poison move >.>

poison is poison any added amount of damage is exceptable in my book. and besides if you don't like normal poison don't use a poison move >.>
I don't really like poison, but if this guy's gonna counter rain dance teams (which he seems to be the best at), he needs something to hit Ludicolo with.

true I suppose...in the third game (Grey I guess everyone thinks it will be called) if there is a move tutor he will most likely get the punches. plus probably some other niffty moves that can harm ludeh(who has a rockin animation now XD)

True, but none of the punches are SE on Ludicolo. As much as I hate that Mexican, he has great typing. Sludge Wave should be able to OHKO him (haven't done any calcs yet), and it should also take out any other grass types that try and come in.

honestly the froggeh seems more like a UU Rain dance mix sweeper then a rain dance counter. leave weather counter to cloud nine users (like lickilicky)

I'll admit that Cloud Nine is a great anti-weather ability, but nothing good learns it. Lickilicky has no resistances, and as for Altaria, I've never seen a Swift Swimmer who lacked an ice attack. I consider Gamageroge a counter to weather teams partially due to his ability (can't wait to laugh hysterically as I absorb Kingdra's Waterfall), but mostly his typing. Not to mention he gets STAB on both Water and Ground, which shuts down a lot of Sandstorm and Sunny Day teams.

LickiLicky has a excelent move set. and he is bulky enough that he doesn't really need resistance. and besides few rain dance teams have anything with fighting moves on it (except MAYBE poliwrath, but there are so many better options for water types I doubt it.). So IMHO I think lickilicky would make a much better weather counter then Gamageroge, but Gamageroge like I said will do well in marshtomp's role (except better if on a rain team)

Looking over Lickilicky's defenses again, I can kinda see how he'd be competition for the toad. All in all, though, I predict Gamageroge's usefulness depends entirely on whether or not Politoed/Ninetales gets banned, and how common weather is after this gen.

well I doubt politoad at least will be banned since besides drizzle he hasn't much going for him. and besides I doubt lickilicky or gama will get past UU this gen. so man people won't even use them in OU (where the toed and ninetales will almost certainly be)

Looking over Lickilicky's defenses again, I can kinda see how he'd be competition for the toad. All in all, though, I predict Gamageroge's usefulness depends entirely on whether or not Politoed/Ninetales gets banned, and how common weather is after this gen.
I was just thinking to myself, Gamageroge and Lickilicky could be an epic weather contering duo in UU.

Sun: Gamageroge has his STAB to destroy fire types, and Lickilicky has Fire Blast/Punch. Lickilicky also supports Gamageroge by giving SolarBeam it's charge back, allowing you to switch Gamageroge out before it dies.

Rain: Gamageroge has Water Absorb, and Lickilicky has Thunderbolt and can slow down Swift Swimmers.

Hail: Lickilicky has Fire Blast/Punch and it stops hail damage. Gamageroge could try to do some damage, or switch out to another pokemon.

Sandstorm: Gamageroge has STAB, and Lickilicky stops sandstorm damage (from himself) and removes the Sandstorm Special Defence buff, allowing Gamageroge to destory with Hydro Pump or Surf.

Don't just go lol inferior Swampert.

People who say stuff about his physical movepool; it doesn't really matter as the stats are the same. And there is Waterfall, but who would use it over Surf? And who would use Curse on someone that doesn't have Gyro Ball etc over Calm Mind, when their Special Movepool is better?

This guy can be better than swampert. It has to utilize its additional speed and ability to maximum effectiveness. First of all, its ability; Water Absorb allows it to switch in on Water moves, and heal it. A inferior Regeneration that works the opposite way. Swift Swim is only good on Rain Dance teams, unless Drizzle Toad comes out to be really common. The additional speed can be used to outspeed stuff like Breloom, Ludicolo and Kabutops in Rain if Gamegeroge has Swift Swim, Skarmory, Tyranitar, Vaporeon, Scizor, etc. That isn't too major, but is significant enough to make a difference.

Gamegeroge is still facing competition with Swampert. Swampert will probably come on top. But this is very bad news for Quagsire (NU buddy lets go)

Swampert's Bulkier and hits harder, as well as having SR

Gastrodon has Recover, and Storm Drain

Quagsire has Recover, although it's defenses are actually [Slightly] worse. He also gets Encore.

Gama is the worst of the Water/Grounds, without a doubt. It can't provide support like Swampert, nor can it wall like the two NU Water/Grounds.

That said, being one of the few 5th Gen waters, at least he plays a role in-game...

well I doubt politoad at least will be banned since besides drizzle he hasn't much going for him. and besides I doubt lickilicky or gama will get past UU this gen. so man people won't even use them in OU (where the toed and ninetales will almost certainly be)
May I remind you that CAP proved Lv 1 Groundon and Kyogre to be Uber in Gen 4, the abilities alone qualifyed under support, and the only 'nerf' to Sun and Rain this gen is the fact that Sand got new abusers, so will be more common, which is indirect. Politoad can provide support too, Encore, Hypnoysis...

Short version: There's a strong chance of Drizzletoad being Uber, unless extranal factors [Sand Stream, DroughtTails, Power Creep] make perma-rain no longer broken under support.

Quagsire has Recover, although it's defenses are actually [Slightly] worse. He also gets Encore.

Gama is the worst of the Water/Grounds, without a doubt. It can't provide support like Swampert, nor can it wall like the two NU Water/Grounds.
No. Swampert is generally better, but that's the only one that I agree with.

Who said that Water/Grounds have to be defensive? Gamegeroge has a good enough offensive stat spread to be at least dealing damage. Swift Swim is also a big plus. Access to Encore and Recover doesn't do too much. Gastrodon has Recover, but that doesn't do too much, as mentioned before (if you are going to argue against this, explain first why Milotic isn't OU). Storm Drain does increase Special attack, but with those stats, it's not going to be sweeping. Water Absorb > Storm Drain.

That said, being one of the few 5th Gen waters, at least he plays a role in-game...

May I remind you that CAP proved Lv 1 Groundon and Kyogre to be Uber in Gen 4, the abilities alone qualifyed under support, and the only 'nerf' to Sun and Rain this gen is the fact that Sand got new abusers, so will be more common, which is indirect. Politoad can provide support too, Encore, Hypnoysis...
This is Gen 5. Not Gen 4. There are new stuff like pokemon with Cloud Nine as their Dream world ability. And lots of priority moves and stat boosting moves (see Mach Punch Breloom, Shell Break Cloyster).

What about Whiscash? lol you totally forgot about him.

Wiscash isn't a defensive Ground/Water, in my books. The only way to play Wiscash without being totally outclassed is an offensive Dragon Dance set, and, therefor, it is not suitable for comparison with the other Water/Grounds.

aren t people forgething something? first quagsire swampert and quagsire can get 4 gen tm/tutors this guy suporting movepoll doesnt have anything except toxic while quagsire gets yawn recover body slam ice punch(gen 4 tutor) encore and toxic too

swampert always ouclassed both gastrodon and quagsire due to his superior bulk and gets better stats i mean 100/90/90 ouclasses 105/75/75 anytime plus swampert has ice beam for dragons/grass/flying stealth rock(gen 4 tm) Roar (take advantage of SR as well phasing) a superior attacking stats 110/90 so this frog only has the abilities over him and that might not be enough

Game freak didnt gave him ice attacks dont know why also he doesnt get roar to phase the only thing it has over water/ground pokemons are water absorb and acess to grass knot really

one user said swift swim could be good on this frog why use this frog over all elite swift swimmers? like kingdra/kabutops/huntail/gorebyss/ludicolo/omastar/poliwrath/new fossil turtle get it aswell what does this frog do that they cant? since all of them hit harder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)