My team at a glance:

Details:

Lead:
Aerodactyl@Leftovers
Lonely.
252 Atk \ 252 Spd \ 6 Def
Moves:

Stealth Rock
-Of course, this is the standard for a Pokemon with such great speed.

Taunt
-Again, this is to prevent you from setting up Spikes or Toxic Spikes or Stealth Rock. With the great speed, it will do the job.

Dragon Claw
-To sweep\finish off the Lead. Works good too.

Thunder Fang
-To get rid of any water type Pokemon.

Water types go to: Salamence, Empoleon.
Ice Types go to: Infernape.
Steel types go to: Scizor, Empoleon.

Its your standard SR Aerodactyl. I fail to see the logic in not using something that works. :)
--------------------------------------------------
Salamence@Life Orb
252 Atk \ 132 Spd \ 126 Sp.Atk
Lonely.
Moves:

Dragon Rush
-Due to its high Attack, I had to put this move. Plus, the flinch hax isn't that bad.

Dragon Dance
-To raise its already high Speed and Attack.

Fire Fang
-In case of emergencies.

Steel Wing
-Also for emergencies.

Ice types go to: Infernape, Empoleon.
Rock types go to: Empoleon.
Dragon types go to: Empoleon, Scizor.

Your standard DD Mence with a twist.Some people make him a Sp.Atk sweeper, but I prefer going with the nature. High Attack with Attack boosting Nature with power-boosting Item (at the cost of some HP),and if I wish to finish the fight, one DD is all that is needed. :)
----------------------------------------------------
Azelf@Leftovers
252 Spd \ 252 Sp.Atk \ 6 HP
Modest.
Moves:
(bear in mind that I planned for Azelf to be able to take on any Pokemon that stands in my way...Except for that pink whore named Blissey.)
ThunderBolt
-Takes on most Water types, OHKO-ing them, usually.

Fire Blast
-Takes on Scizor and other Grass, Steel, and Ice type Pokemon.

Nasty Plot
-Takes its high Sp.Atk to another level.

Energy Ball
-For all the annoying TTars out there.

Dark types go to: Empoleon, Infernape, Scizor.
Bug types go to: Infernape, Empoleon, Aerodactyl, Salamence, Scizor.
Ghost types go to: Empoleon, Scizor, Infernape, Salamence, Aerodactyl.

This should be a standard Azelf, IMO, for it has perfect coverage. I used to be brutally fucked by Mence, Gyara, and TTars, among all Pokemon. This is jsut a minor setback now. :)
-----------------------------------------------------
Empoleon@Petaya
252 HP \ 252 Sp.Atk
Brave.
Moves:

Substitute
-They won't expect this! This move is very effective with Empoleon, good enough for stalling because of its resistances.

Ice Beam
-Good to take out any Roserades, or any Grass type Pokemon in general.

Hydro Pump
-Should be good to sweep any Pokemon with little or no resistance to Water.

Flash Cannon
-I thought that I should have one move that I can STAB with and use its high Sp.Atk. And there it is.

Ground types go to: Azelf, Aerodactyl, Salamence.
Fighting types go to: Salamence, Azelf.
Electric types go to: Anyone but Empoleon and Aerodactyl.

Now this is my favorite Pokemon, taking hits for most of the team due to its dual type (Water-Steel), and it has enough HP to go with it.I HAD to get it.
------------------------------------------------
Infernape@Scope Lens
252 Spd \ 252 Atk \ 6 HP
Lonely.
Moves:

Fake Out
-A must have for my Infernape, or how else will I get past those pesky Scarf-ed Pokemon?

Thunder Punch
-For emergencies only. Better safe than sorry, you know?

Blaze Kick
-STAB, and high Attack...what else do I need to say?

Close Combat
-An epic move where it OHKO's anything that doesn't have resistance to Fighting.

Water types go to: Empoleon, Salamence.
Flying types go to: Aerodactyl, Empoleon.
Psychic types go to: Azelf, Empoleon, Scizor.
Ground types go to: Azelf, Salamence, Aerodactyl.

A standard Infernape tailored to fit my needs, which is a suitable counter to that pink whore we all know as "Blissey". And to take out TTars along the way.
---------------------------------------------------
Scizor@Life Orb
252 Ark \ 128 Def \ 112 Spd
Naughty.
Moves:

Bullet Punch
-The move that made Scizor a beast.

U-Turn
-To scout for some Pokemon, and hopefully lure out some TTars and Blissey(s), or anything weak to my team.

Pursuit
-Takes out most Gengars and Rotoms.

Swords Dance
-Again, it makes a Bullet Punch from this guy an OHKO.

Fire types go to: Aerodactyl, Infernape, Salamence.

Ah, Scizor. He stings like a butterfly and flies like a bee. Had to get him for defense and to attack. I mean, who else can OHKO a TTar? Who can make short work out of a Gengar or a Rotom?
-------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm too tired to even write an ending note, seeing that I haven't slept since yesterday (homework and studying), so just rate my team, and tell me what you think...

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
That Aerodactyl should not be running leftovers. Needs focus sash to survive hits. I would suggest Rock Slide or Stone edge and Earthquake as the attacks. This will provide far superior coverage and power. It will also need a Jolly nature to outrun Azelf. If you want Aerodactyl to survive longer there is a more bulky lead set, but I would suggest sticking with the standard. I would however, quite stongly suggest a Dual Screen Azelf in the lead position (your current set is too easily revenge-killed to be effective.) DS azelf plays a similar role to Aero, except that it will also help to protect your rather frail team and help them set up.

Mence wants a Jolly nature as you have it. However, that is a poor moveset. You want Naive as the nature, to outrun threats that may revenge-kill you, whilst not dropping your special attack or physical defense, as this is the stat upon which most priority moves hit you. You want Fire Blast not Fire fang, and Earthquake as this provides optimum power and coverage. The spread should be 232atk 24spatk 252spe or similar.

I'm not sure how well Empoleon fits on the team, but you really need Agility if you are to sweep effectively. Empoleon has appaling base speed and will be easily revenge-killed otherwise. Use it over Flash cannon, which has quite redundant coverage with your other moves, still being walled by water-types. If you feel you want 3 attacks, use Grass knot over Substitute and Life Orb over Petaya.

Scizor wants an adamant nature, and I think would benefit from HP Evs more than defense. Scizor is also your main counter to DDmence and others, and as such may benefit from a choice band for more power and longevity.

I would suggest a mixed infernape set. Something along the lines of Close combat, Overheat, Stone Edge, U-turn with a naive nature and LO for increased power. You could try a Nasty plot or swords dance set either, who will work well with the dual screen suggestion. Fake Out is not powerful enough to be of much use outside the lead position, usually amounting to nothing other than a free switch. Mach punch and vaccuum wave are much better priority moves.

Good luck

I'm not sure about some of your sets. First, Aerodactyl's Stone Edge than Thunder Fang will have more Base Power against every Water excluding Emopoleon, and I suggest Earthquake over Dragon Claw to do some damage to the occasional Tyranitar or Metagross lead.
For Salamence, I have no idea why you're using that nature or those EVs. You have all physical moves. Try something like 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SpDef with a Jolly nature for a DD Salamence. I don't like Dragon Rush. The power it offers is good, but 75% just isn't consistent enough (for me, at least). I'd use Outrage for late-game sweeps, but you plain on using it early-game and don't want to get revenge-killed, use Dragon Claw. Earthquake over Steel Wing...that should be self-explanatory.
Azelf is better IMO with Nasty Plot, because most teams pack Heatran or Blissey or Tyranitar or something that will defeat Azelf. I know you have Energy Ball, but that will still barely leave a scratch on Tyranitar due to the SpDef boost from Sand Stream and then he OHKOes with Crunch. Explosion is a great option for Blissey, but you must be wary of Protect.
Empoleon: Agility over Flash Cannon. You can successfully sweep with +2 Spd, and this will make it easier to get the Petaya boost. You already have Hydro Pump for STAB and to hit Rocks, so Flash Cannon's coverage is very limited. As usual, I suggest Surf over Hydro Pump.
Infernape should be Jolly, and I don't see the reason for Fake Out on something that doesn't lead. I like U-turn myself; it hits Starmie or Latias for super-effective when they switch in.
Scizor should be Adamant. The set looks decent.

Looking at the team as a whole, you have a HUGE Rotom weakness. Shadow Ball for Azelf, Thunderbolt for Infernape, Aerodactyl and Empoleon, and Will-o-Wisp for Salamence and Scizor. Most of Rotom's counters are a bit odd, so you'll want to look into them.

Rate my team at http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71144

OK, some of the changes:

-Gave Scizor a Choice Band and an Adamant nature, rearranged its EV's.
-Gave Aero Earthquake and Focus Sash.
-Gave Infernape Mach Punch.
-Gave Empo Agility.

But I've tried my team for 50 battles and I've only lost like 20 of them.
Azelf has helped me in getting rid of TTars, btw.

Close Combat
-An epic move where it OHKO's anything that doesn't have resistance to Fighting.
max attack (337) infernape vs max hp, max defence hippowdon on average does 31% if hippowdon has leftovers which every hippowdon does have, then it becomes a 5hko. So that statement is completely wrong.

Salamence would be better with the 100% accurate 120 base power dragon move outrage, instead of 75% accurate, 100 base power dragon rush. Earthquake also compliments mence very well giving him perfect coverage, except against bronzong and skarmory. But a fire blast from a neutral nature with 24 sp.atk ev's will 2hko bronzong and OHKO skarmory, while a dragon dance fire fang, fails to achieve either. Also why does salamence have sp.atk ev's when all his moves are physical?

Aerodactyls move set is horrible, he needs stab, stab aerial ace does more than dragon claw, and stab rockslide/stone edge does even more. Rock slide also has the 30% flinch hax chance. I prefer rock slide, as including flinch, and critical hit chance, and accuracy etc. rock slide does more damage over 100 turns. Earthquake compliments rock slide very well giving great type coverage.

"fire blast takes on scizor" the most common scizor is by far the choice band set, and a choice band bullet punch easilly OHKO's azelf, so scizor will be taking you on. But nastly plot azelf is pretty kwl

Infernape? fake out is free damagde, but if the oponent switches then it's not free damagde and is just a waste of a slot, and infernape forces loads of switches. Perhaps using nastyplot/sword dance/u-turn instead of fake out, cus it would help more, nastyplot/sword dance allow you to turn the oponents switch into a sweep, and U-turn will allow you to maintain the momentum in your favour and counter there new pokemon. Stone edge would be more useful than thunderpunch, as a neutral close combat does more than a supereffective thunderpunch, so thunderpunch is only useful against flying types, which stone edge is much better against

Scizor, why use sword dance and U-turn together? sword dance up, then just waste it by u-turning, surely the more powerful bug bite, with 60 base power but it's boosted by technician making it 90 base power. Pursuit, surely night slahs would do more against ghosts, even though bullet punch OHKO's gengar, and rotom forms will carry wil o wisp/ overheat. Both of which destroy scizor, so he is not gonna be taking on rotom any day soon.

Some big problems here.

Aerodactyl is not going to be surviving hits at all. It needs focus sash to lay down Stealth Rocks guaranteed. Dragon Claw and Thunder Fang? Why? Rock Slide/Stone Edge and EQ are stronger moves with better coverage and you get STAB on RS or SE. Change nature to Jolly.

You have Spc.Atk ev's on mence but no special moves, what gives? You're using Steel Wing which is terrible coverage. Replace it with EQ. Change your ev's to 216 atk 252 spe 46 spc atk with Dragon Dance Outrage Earthquake and Fire Blast. Dragon rush is a bad move, do not use it. Change nature to Naive.

Leftovers on Azelf is bad. Leftovers on any pokemon is a bad choice in general, with Azelfs 75/70/70 defenses it isn't going to be taking any hits. Change the item to Life Orb. Change nature to Timid.

Empoleon should be running Substitute/Agility/Surf/Ice Beam. With that set it can run through many teams not carrying blissey. Surf is over Hydro Pump because the accuracy will cost you your sweep more often than the lack of power. Change nature to Modest.

Fake out on Infernape is bad because it only works on the first turn unless you switch out again. It would be better with an SD set as Swords Dance/ Flare Blitz / Close Combat / Ice Punch or T Punch. Scope lens raises its critical hit chance from 6.25% to 12.5% which isn't worth an item. Change it to a Life Orb. Change the nature to Jolly.

Why do you have U-Turn and Pursuit on an SD scizor? Scizor should be Swords Dance / Bullet Punch / Bug Bite / Brick Break for the best possible type coverage. If you U-Turn you negate your boosts. Pursuit is a weak move but if you really want a Dark Type change it to Night Slash. Change the Nature to Adamant.

Give aero focus sash, fake off is only good on lead ape, scizor should be adamant, flash cannon is redundant and a waste of a slot on emp, lefties on Azelf is bad, and if your sala will be physical, give it 252/252 split b/w speed and attack. Also, try either Dragon Claw or Outrage over Dragon Rush, the 75% accuracy is not consistent enough.

Some major problems here (CHANGES IN BOLD)

Haunter, this one's for you. :)

My team at a glance:

Details:

Lead:
Aerodactyl@Focus Sash(Why? Helps to survive priority and set up rocks or set up rocks, survive, and hit the opponent lead)
Jolly(Aerodactyl as a lead must abuse his insane speed to set up rocks or taunt before it's opponent)
252 Atk \ 252 Spd \ 6 Def
Moves:

Stealth Rock
-Of course, this is the standard for a Pokemon with such great speed.

Taunt
-Again, this is to prevent you from setting up Spikes or Toxic Spikes or Stealth Rock. With the great speed, it will do the job.

Stone Edge
-This will deal much more than dragon claw to any lead you will encounter... plus it gives aerodactyl a decent stab.

Earthquake
-To get good coverage along with stone edge

Water types go to: Salamence, Empoleon.
Ice Types go to: Infernape.
Steel types go to: Scizor, Empoleon.

Its your standard SR Aerodactyl. I fail to see the logic in not using something that works. :)
--------------------------------------------------
Salamence@Life Orb
252 Atk \ 132 Spd \ 126 Sp.Atk (I find the EVs very odd but whatever, I would change them for the new mixmence)
The +Atk/-SpDef Nature

Moves:

Outrage
-Better than dragon rush because higher base stab, and it doesn't miss.

Dragon Dance
-To raise its already high Speed and Attack.

Fire Blast
-Why did you put special attacks EV if you don't have any? Plus Fire Blast deals more damage to the steel types you will encounter, mainly skarmory.

Earthquake
Earthquake has more base power than steel wing and also more coverage...

Ice types go to: Infernape, Empoleon.
Rock types go to: Empoleon.
Dragon types go to: Empoleon, Scizor.

Your standard DD Mence with a twist.Some people make him a Sp.Atk sweeper, but I prefer going with the nature. High Attack with Attack boosting Nature with power-boosting Item (at the cost of some HP),and if I wish to finish the fight, one DD is all that is needed. :)
----------------------------------------------------
Azelf@LeftoversOr Life Orb/Lum Berry
252 Spd \ 252 Sp.Atk \ 6 HP
Timid (because you will get better chance of sweeping with it)
Moves:
(bear in mind that I planned for Azelf to be able to take on any Pokemon that stands in my way...Except for that pink whore named Blissey.)
ThunderBolt
-Takes on most Water types, OHKO-ing them, usually.

Fire Blast
-Takes on Scizor and other Grass, Steel, and Ice type Pokemon.

Nasty Plot
-Takes its high Sp.Atk to another level.

Energy Ball(If I where you I would put grass knot instead because it deals more damage to many of the OU pokemons

Also I would put psychic on either T-bolt or Energy Ball because keeping both of those moves is redundant, plus you have no stab.

-For all the annoying TTars out there.

Dark types go to: Empoleon, Infernape, Scizor.
Bug types go to: Infernape, Empoleon, Aerodactyl, Salamence, Scizor.
Ghost types go to: Empoleon, Scizor, Infernape, Salamence, Aerodactyl.

This should be a standard Azelf, IMO, for it has perfect coverage. I used to be brutally fucked by Mence, Gyara, and TTars, among all Pokemon. This is jsut a minor setback now. :)
-----------------------------------------------------
Empoleon@Petaya
252 HP \ 252 Sp.AtkChange the EVs to the sub petaya smogon set
Modest
Moves:

I would highly consider switching for sub petaya agility set from smogon

Substitute
-They won't expect this! This move is very effective with Empoleon, good enough for stalling because of its resistances.

Ice Beam
-Good to take out any Roserades, or any Grass type Pokemon in general.

Hydro Pump
-Should be good to sweep any Pokemon with little or no resistance to Water.

Flash CannonIf you switch to Sub agility petaya switch this move for agility
-I thought that I should have one move that I can STAB with and use its high Sp.Atk. And there it is.

Ground types go to: Azelf, Aerodactyl, Salamence.
Fighting types go to: Salamence, Azelf.
Electric types go to: Anyone but Empoleon and Aerodactyl.

Now this is my favorite Pokemon, taking hits for most of the team due to its dual type (Water-Steel), and it has enough HP to go with it.I HAD to get it.
------------------------------------------------
Infernape@Life Orb
252 Spd \ 252 Atk \ 6 HP
Adamant or Jolly
Moves:

Mach Punch
All around just much better than fake out, plus gets STAB.

Thunder Punch
-For emergencies only. Better safe than sorry, you know?

Overheat
If you put this switch your nature to +Atk(Or Speed)/-SpDef.

Close Combat

Water types go to: Empoleon, Salamence.
Flying types go to: Aerodactyl, Empoleon.
Psychic types go to: Azelf, Empoleon, Scizor.
Ground types go to: Azelf, Salamence, Aerodactyl.

A standard Infernape tailored to fit my needs, which is a suitable counter to that pink whore we all know as "Blissey". And to take out TTars along the way.
---------------------------------------------------
Scizor@Life Orb
252 Ark \ 128 Def \ 112 Spd
Adamant
Moves:

Bullet Punch
-The move that made Scizor a beast.

Bug bite
Just much better...

Superpower
coverage and stuff

Swords Dance
-Again, it makes a Bullet Punch from this guy an OHKO.

Fire types go to: Aerodactyl, Infernape, Salamence.

Ah, Scizor. He stings like a butterfly and flies like a bee. Had to get him for defense and to attack. I mean, who else can OHKO a TTar? Who can make short work out of a Gengar or a Rotom?
-------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm too tired to even write an ending note, seeing that I haven't slept since yesterday (homework and studying), so just rate my team, and tell me what you think...

You also have some team structure problem, mainly having 5 sweepers and 2 which doesn't work very well in today's metagame (Azelf/Empoleon) so I would also suggest looking that up. Finally, many of your saying are incorrect like george182 pointed out and some of your move choice are very bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)