SS UU Garbage webs (peaked #7 , 84 gxe)

I wanted to RMT something for the longest time and since drops are happening soon, which means this team will likely be unusable anyways,
I figured now is the time to share. I've been playing mons since ORAS, but never really made an effort to get involved with the community until recently
and somehow this team did pretty well so let me get into it:
webs peak #7.PNG

The Team:

Rhyperior @ Expert Belt
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 60 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock

Araquanid @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Sticky Web
- Toxic

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 48 HP / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Cobalion @ Occa Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

This teams starting point was subcm Sylveon (shoutouts Haffling). I noticed this thing was a legitimate threat to a lot of teams and naturally having webs up helps a lot cause 219, while not terrible, isnt exactly fast. Max Speed on this is pretty much a necessity to get the jump on Goro etc. but I opted for a variant with more SpA invest than other people, cause I find the immediate power comes in clutch a lot of the time. The Hp invest always avoids the KO from Cobas Iron Head, while the rest just goes into SpA.

The next addition to this team was Araquanid. Araq is in my opinion the best setter we have in UU currently. While Ribombee is much faster and forces out Vern, which is nothing be overlooked, Araq still gets up webs vs a lot of mons, while also providing decent defensive utility. It also has much better synergy with Sylveon. The set is pretty much standard, I've toyed around with Mirror Coat in the last slot for a bit, cause somehow this monster tanks Vern Hurricanes (unless specs), but Toxic has decent utility aswell, kind of undecided here.

At this point I was looking for something that softened up teams for Sylveon and Vern fits perfectly here. Specs has very little switchins in the tier and on this team its main job is to weaken fat steels, Gigalith etc. enough for Sylveon to break through. Vern also provides decent defensive utility, being able to switch into common mons like Keld or Rilla to some degree, but honestly its main selling point is the speed tier. 50 percent of the time its also here to speedtie opposing verns, cause this tier is amazing and flipping coins wins games, so you better treat your Noivern well.

Next up we have Cobalion. Apart from the offensive synergy with Sylv/Vern, a big reason as to why this mons is here is being able to bait in opposing Verns after setting up, tanking the fire move with Occa and KOing back with Edge, which makes sure our webs are here to stay. Even outside of that, Coba is an amazing mon that can sweep unprepared teams cause this tiers Coba counterplay somehow comes down to "have Doublade or get flinched". This also is my "fairy resist", thanks for asking.

This slot has gone through the most changes. I've tried pretty much every rocker here, but the main selling point for Rhyperior is resisting Hurricanes, which this team desperately needed. It also can come in on Scyther and Darm to some degree, which were immense threats to the team before and most importantly set up Rocks pretending this is gen 7 and Rocks actually matter (for real wtf is boots, this item is giga boring). I use a pretty garbage set on this, cause I wanted to be able to stop Mantine from fogging on it, while still being able to check the threats it is supposed to deal with decently well. 60 Atk ensures Edge always kills Mantine, while the extra Spd investment ensures it tanks specs moonblast from Garde. I've settled on Heavy Slam in the last slot cause this teams fairy matchup is terrible, it particulary helps with pressuring Weezing-G and wishpass Sylveon (Mega Horn is a decent alternative here to be able to hit Reuni and Celebis coming in, it also does decent dmg to Zong).

Rillaboom rounded out this team pretty nicely. With the addition of Grassy Terrain and Grassy Glide this mon basically took over UU over night. I decided to run SD LO on this team mainly because under webs this thing can just sweep unprepared teams. It also has decent bulk which means it does find surprisingly many opportunities to set up, while Grassy Terrain helps with not getting whittled down as fast. Unfortunately it means I have to run High Horsepower on Rhyp which isnt weakened by GT, but thats a sacrifice I'll gladly make. Having priority is amazing to revenge setup, cause this team doesnt have traditional speedcontrol without webs, aka a scarfer.

Weaknesses:

Fairy types: As I have previously mentioned, this teams "fairy resist" is Cobalion, and specs fairies are an immense threat to this build, so playing around these can be pretty difficult. Wishpass Sylv did loose a lot of traction since Hax was banned, but usually a combination of Coba/SDing up with Rilla is enough to handle it.

Roserade/Specs Indeedee: This team doesnt really have a dedicated Rose switchin and that mon has singlehandedly made me consider Sleep Talk on Vern, so make sure you limit opportunities of it coming in. Indeedee is a similar case, with Expanding Force it claims every time it comes out, so limit opportunities as much as possible.

Noivern/Washtom/Weezing: Foggers that arent especially easy to deal with and can find fogging opporunities on this team somewhat reliably.

Conclusion:

I didnt expect this team to do nearly as well as it did, with the addition of boots and common hazard control matching up well vs webs, the playstyle seems rather weak this gen, so I hope you guys enjoy this build as much as I did!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)