Gasigitran (Defensive Core + Support)

GASIGITRAN

This is my pinnacle of excellence. I spent and 4 hours designing the team, and then 3 weeks testing it on Pokemon Online just to be sure it worked. This team is a defensive monster. And without further pause, I introduce Gasigitran!

TEAM CONSTRUCTION

After being trolled to the extreme by a Sigilyph, I decided to build a team around it to exaggerate it's insane sweeping potential.

Realising it's severe weakness to to Ice, I added a Heatran, and due to Sigilyph's weakness to Electricity and Rock, I countered that with Gastrodon. Sigilyph could take Fighting and Ground type attacks that would wreck Heatran, Heatran covered any stray Fire type attacks and Ice type attacks as well as having great neutral defenses, and Gastrodon covering Heatran's Water type weakness and Sigilyph's Electric type weakness. The entire core took no more than half damage from any type.

Now I needed a Spiker and a Rapid Spinner, so why not combine the two moves and get the added physical wall? Forretress was an obvious choice. My Heatran could now take advantage of this with Roar as well. A defensive core would cause a lot of shuffling, so entry hazards really penalized the opponent for that.

Seeing as team was heavily defense oriented, I added the best Special Wall and Wish passer around, Blissey. Now with a dedicated Special Wall, and Wish passer, the entire team had some form of recovery, save from status.

And to top it off, I needed a revenge killer and I simply decided upon the unconventional Chandelure with Shadow Tag. It'll make sense later... This also gave me a Spinblocker as a bonus. I now have the core, Gasigitran, a Spiker/Spinner, a Wish passer and a revenge killer. This isn't meant to be a stall team though, only to enable the gradual degradation of the enemy. The Core + support made an immovable object. With the team, I have never lost a battle playing over wi-fi of about 20 actual wi-fi battle tests, and have won about 65% of battles on Pokemon Online, because what I'm assuming the problem is, is due the lack of Shadow Tag on Chandelure.

At a glance:

Team Breakdown

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Powe (Ice)
A normal physically bulky Forretress. EVs for longevity, and the Special Attack EV's just to try do something with Volt Switch. I chose Spikes over the possibility of Toxic Spikes, as Heatran has Roar and Stealth Rock. I'd also hate to get the absorbed by a Tentacruel (most commonly), so I went with ones that required a spinner to get rid of. On that note, Volt Switch is very useful for keeping momentum whilst doing damage to any Water type Rapid Spinners (I'm looking at you, Starmie!) in spite of fact you lose your entry hazards... It doesn't work so well on Donphan though, and that can be very irritating. You'd have to try finish it yourself with HP ice and then reset your Hazards. The Hp Ice can also be used against D-Dancers as he resists Dragon type attacks, most notably Outrage. He fits well with Chandelure as a spinblocker, and Blissey to replenish health.

(Gastrodon-East) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic
I'm running a basic Special Tank on Gastrodon. It breaks down walls with ease due to it's ability to toxic stall as well as burn opposing Pokemon that would attempt a sweep. It's immune to both Water and Electricity, providing cover for both other members in the core. It also has the added bonus of immunity to sandstorm (Like all others in the core) and benefits from rain in the form of the boost it receives from scald. Due to it's great typing, it can switch in on a variety of attacks, poison/burn/damage the opponent, recover, and switch back out. Due to it being out sped quite often it does usually end with high health upon switching out, due to a near negative priority. It also holds my only true answers to Dragon's such as Garchomp, Dragonite and Salamence, hopefully KOing before they set up. It is for this reason and more, that the survival of Gastrodon is crucial to success. Once Gastrodon goes down, the rest of the team tends to get picked into elements.

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Stored Power
This, in my opinion, is one of the greatest trolls in existence. After 2 Cosmic Power boosts, Stored Power's damage reaches 150 after STAB. That's a Hyper Beam with no recharge. The only counters this 'Thing' has are phazers, and other Sigilyph, Clefariy, etc. Be warned though. It takes a surprise Electric type attack (most of which are special) without at least one boost up, Sigilyph'll take some serious damage. Also, a Sigilyph vs. Tyranitar doesn't usually end well. By Stone Edge off of a ScarfTar, after a boost it's a definite 2HKO, and there's always the possibility of a critical hit. The amazing team support it receives however more than compensates for these few weaknesses. Ideally, such listed Pokemon as well as others with similar attacking power and durability (Landorus some to mind) should be eliminated by the rest of the core, allowing Sigilyph to sweep unhindered. Plus, using him is just fun for burning everything that isn't already poisoned.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rocks
- Roar
- Lava Plume
Heatran is the final part of the core, and provides most of the resistances due to his Steel typing. This is a physically defensive Heatran, simply for the existence of Earthquake and Fighting type moves, which more often than not are physical. It wouldn't save it from a STAB EQ off of say, Landorus, nor a Close Combat from Terrakion, but serves more as a plate of armour, deflecting possibly dangerous glancing blows, like a Stone Edge from Mamoswine (I do understand it's rarity, but it's a good example of Heatran taking a hit intended for Chandelure or Sigilyph). This Heatran has the bulk to phaze and set up entry hazards, and wrack up Entry Hazard damage as a bonus with roar.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Counter
- Heal Bell
- Thunderwave
A re-done Blissey makes for a fantastic cleric. With amazing Wish passing and Heal Bell, coupled with it's special bulk makes for a reliable healer. I've changed out Toxic for Thunderwave, so now I have something I can use against opposing Gengar. I have also given Blissey the often overlooked Counter. Because it deals damage in proportion to hp lost by physical attack, Blissey can sponge a physical hit and then respond with twice the power. Blissey relies on it's own Wishes for recovery however. This done up version is capable of now at least irritating Gengar, as paralysis is by far the worst ailment it can get.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag (I've had to test it over wi-fi)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
Believe it or not, Shadow Tag Scarfed Chandelure makes probably the best Revenge killer ever. The magic in this comes from the choice scarf. With it, it outspeeds choice band/life orb Terrakion then nails it with energy ball due to it's insane Special Attack for a KO, providing it has taken some damage before hand. You do want to have Forretress get rid of entry hazards before hand however, as other wise it may only get one switch in, which is a waste of a team spot. It also has the great ability to mess with every weather scenario playable, thanks to it's fantastic coverage. If it can, it also has the added bonus of switching in on a Normal or Fighting type move and possibly netting a KO. This Chandelure is extremely weak to Pursuit trapping though, so against the likes of Tyranitar or Weavile, HP Fighting would be your best bet.

Problem Pokemon
Tyranitar: Tyranitar can be a huge problem if it sets up with Dragon Dance. After a few, Chandelure would only have a chance if a Stone Edge missed, Heatran may be able to roar him out though, provided it's still alive. Tyranitar isn't a good Pokemon to go up against.

Dragons...: The team is pretty neutral to Dragons really, meaning that if they set up, they can still do major damage. Salamence, Garchomp and Dragonite thankfully have 4x weakness to Ice, meaning Gastrodon can usually net a KO before they set up, however, the latter Dragon possesses Multi-Scale, making grabbing that KO a tad harder. Also with the addition of HP Ice to Forretress, he could have a good go at any of the first three. As for Black Kyruem, a sacrifice of Forretress after it has set up it's own hazards, enemy's have been removed and their spinner gone, makes great death fodder for Chandelure to switch in and hit with HP Fighting.

Thundurus/Tornados (Any form): These guys hit hard and fast, especially in the rain. My best bets are to use Gastrodon for both, using Icebeam to take out both, but without Gastrodon, the team can take some serious damage. Then again, Forretress can be used, but it has significantly lower Special Defense.

IN CONCLUSION:
The team has insane synergy, that being the focal point of the team. When it comes to rating, I'd love some way to get the other three Pokemon to fit together better whilst holding onto their potential, such as being able to set up hazards and spin, as well as spinblock and revenge kill effectively. Thanks for reading. Ny the way I also have a video of my team in action uploaded below because I feel a demo is something more RMTs need. Thanks! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ui-GTv-4a3w
(My narration isn't fantastic though)

Btw, Thanks blobzzz for the advice, the team works a lot better now :D

Ok your team has good synergy and that but has problems with Pokemon such as SubToxic Gliscor. Also 50% of the Pokemon that require the ability to boost give you major troubles. Pokemon like Dragonite can easily switch in on your Chandys Hpfight and get 1-2 boosts up. At that point your team is kinda screwed. You also may seem to suffer to rain teams, despite Gastrodon. Though HpGrass is a common enough site on Politoed in the current metagame. Sure you have ways to deal with it but it becomes far to predictable some of the switches you will almost be forced to make and any half decent battler will usually predict. Though the synergy is good you seem to be relying on it to much maybe.

Despite me saying that it seems a pretty good team with decently solid synergy, and i like the whole concept.

I suggest running Hidden Power Ice on Foretress just for its ability to deal with Dragonite and other threats.
You still are trolled by Subsalac Terrakion but to be honest who doesn't.
Before i finish i would also run SRocks on Heatran as you seem to be relying on Forretress far to much.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
blobzzz, Volt Switch is special.

As for the team, I would suggest moving Stealth Rock onto Heatran and giving Forretress either Gyro Ball or Hidden Power Ice. Running dual hazards Forretress is pretty much asking to lose Forretress, as it can't really stay in and set up Spikes+SR without being set up on or outright KO'd. To make room for SR on Heatran, remove either Earth Power or Protect, preferably the latter so you can take care of Tentacruel, Terrakion and opposing Heatran more easily (all on the switch of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)