Battle Spot Gastrodon

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
[SET]

name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Recover
move 2: Scald
move 3: Counter / Earth Power
move 4: Yawn / Mirror Coat
item: Leftovers
ability: Storm Drain
nature: Calm
evs: 228 HP / 180 Def / 100 SpD
ivs: 0 Atk

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Storm Drain and its part-Ground typing, Gastrodon is one of the better switch ins to switch-ins to Choice item Kyogre sets.

* Earth Power can be used in place of Counter to hit Zacian-C super effectively, heavily damaging it without relying on Gastrodon itself getting hit first, as well as being able to punish a Zacian-C trying to grab a free switch on Mirror Coat.

* Yawn can help play around Dynamax sweepers like Zapdos, forcing them out and potentially allowing Gastrodon to get a vital Recover off. It should be used carefully, however, as Max Starfall users can bypass its effect.

* Mirror Coat can be used to more immediately pressure the special attackers Gastrodon will be walling, but it comes at the cost of some longevity. Additionally, Mirror Coat does not affect Dark-types, such as Yveltal.

* Earthquake can be used over Earth Power to hit Kyogre harder, which helps against Substitute and Calm Mind variants.

* Gastrodon can potentially be used as a wincon via timer stalling, though this is not a use to rely on consistently.

Items
========

* Leftovers is preferred to augment Gastrodon’s longevity, allowing it to passively heal from lesser damage sources like Stealth Rock. Sitrus Berry is an alternative longevity option.

* Rindo Berry can be useful to survive surprise Grass-type attacks aimed at Gastrodon.

EV Spreads
========

* 228 HP / 180 Def / 100 SpD with Calm - This prevents the 2HKO from Modest Ice Beam from Choice Specs Kyogre, as well as avoiding the OHKO from Adamant Zacian-C’s Play Rough and Choice Band Urshifu-S’ Wicked Blow, barring a maximum damage roll from the latter. However, it comes at the cost of some resilience against Zapdos and Yveltal.

* 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with Calm - This spread maximizes Gastrodon’s special bulk but leaves it heavily threatened by strong physical attackers.

[SET]
name: SLUG GANG (Physically Defensive)
move 1: Scald
move 2: Recover
move 3: Counter / Yawn
move 4: Mirror Coat / Yawn / Earth Power
item: Focus Sash / Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* This set maximizes Gastrodon’s physical bulk, allowing it to act as a sort of mixed wall, being somewhat competent against threats like Zacian-C while maintaining effectiveness against choiced Kyogre variants.

* Counter and Mirror Coat are used in tandem with Focus Sash to potentially trade with massive threats, such as Landorus-T, Zacian-C, Zapdos, and Urshifu-S.

* Earth Power can be useful against Zacian-C, punishing it on the switch and getting around potential Counter mind games.

* Yawn can be used to annoy setup and utility-based Pokemon, but it does make Gastrodon more vulnerable to Taunt. Additionally, Dynamax users with Fairy-type attacks can use Max Starfall to block sleep.

Items
========

* Focus Sash is the preferred item, allowing Gastrodon to get maximum value out of both Counter and Mirror Coat.

* If running Yawn or Earth Power, consider Leftovers or Sitrus Berry for slightly more longevity.

* Rindo Berry can also be used to potentially save Gastrodon from a surprise Grass-type attack.

[CREDITS]

- Written by: [[DerpySuX, 528485]]
- Quality checked by: [[Theorymon, 29010], [Tox, 146]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Finland, 517429]]

Last edited:

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Here’s Gastrodon! I found this one a bit more difficult than Dusk Mane, considering Gastrodon is a much more specialized pokemon. I’ll be looking over this a few times myself to see if I forgot anything, and please let me know if you noticed something I didn’t mention! :) this was really fun to work on

——
Putting this back into WIP, I’m not very happy with it in hindsight, I’m not very clear with some of the things I want to say and there’s very little going on here. I’m gonna re work it and try to get it up to a higher quality

Last edited:
Reactions: Tox
As the person that submitted the specific EV-spread on that Specially Defensive set, here's some justifications for what it does if it is to make the final cut over more fully SpDef-invested sets.

Kyogre: you avoid the 2HKO from up to Modest Choice Specs Ice Beam or Max Hailstorm/Max Strike (slow Assault Vest Kyogre) and everything below that (Timid Choice Scarf), meaning you still get to repeatedly switch in safely against everything except Calm Mind or Life Orb sets (Modest +252 Life Orb Max Strike always 2HKOs). And isn't this what Gastrodon is first and foremost used for?

The downside is being much less resilient against Zapdos, where you have real problems Recovering through Life Orb Max Airstream turns. You still live a hit to click Yawn (or Mirror Coat), of course, but it's a far cry from bulk of 252 HP / 252 SpDef Sitrus Berry. You also still do live Life Orb Max Darkness from 252 SpAtt Yveltal from full, barring one roll (6.3%).

The investment in Def sets out to avoid being oneshotted by Adamant 252 Att Zacian Play Rough, and 2HKO'd by Behemoth Blade in Dynamax. But you also live a Jolly Urshifu-SS Choice Band Wicked Blow every time, with Adamant ones having exactly one damage roll to 1HKO.

Perhaps slightly less relevant, but even for things like Ho-Oh, Adamant 252 Att Life Orb Max Airsteam only has a single 1HKO number as well, with Kuroko AV Ho-Oh set's uninvested Max Overgrowth having two (12.5%).

All this without having to rely on Focus Sash.

Last edited:

DerpySuX

As the person that submitted the specific EV-spread on that Specially Defensive set, here's some justifications for what it does if it is to make the final cut over more fully SpDef-invested sets.

Kyogre: you avoid the 2HKO from up to Modest Max Hailstorm/Max Strike (Assault Vest Kyogre) and everything below that (Timid Choice Scarf), meaning you still get to repeatedly switch in safely against everything except Calm Mind or Life Orb sets (Modest +252 Life Orb Max Strike always 2HKOs). And isn't this what Gastrodon is first and foremost used for?

The downside is being much less resilient against Zapdos, where you have real problems Recovering through Life Orb Max Airstream turns. You still live a hit to click Yawn (or Mirror Coat), of course, but it's a far cry from bulk of 252 HP / 252 SpDef Sitrus Berry. You also still do live Life Orb Max Darkness from 252 SpAtt Yveltal from full, barring one roll (6.3%).

The investment in Def sets out to avoid being oneshotted by Adamant 252 Att Zacian Play Rough, and 2HKO'd by Behemoth Blade in Dynamax. But you also live a Jolly Urshifu-SS Choice Band Wicked Blow every time, with Adamant ones having exactly one damage roll to 1HKO.

Perhaps slightly less relevant, but even for things like Ho-Oh, Adamant 252 Att Life Orb Max Airsteam only has a single 1HKO number as well, with Kuroko AV Ho-Oh set's uninvested Max Overgrowth having two (12.5%).

All this without having to rely on Focus Sash.
Thanks a lot for this. I’ll be sure to work it into the new analysis! :)

DerpySuX

Alright, finally I’ve gotten the Gastrodon rough draft to a point where I feel it’s actually decent and gives some good insight on how it’s used. I’m sure I’ve missed some stuff though sadly. Sorry this took so long, I had a really hard time putting my advice for using gastro into words. But uhh, yeah, hopefully this is at least decent. Major thanks to Tox for the help with explaining how the SpDef spread is supposed to function :)

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Checking this now before I go on to write Mimikyu!

For Both sets

- I'd slash in Sitrus Berry on both sets, its the 3rd most used item because its basically what you use if Leftovers is already on something else. I noticed you already mention it on the SpD set, but I think its worth slashing into the set too!

- A really important thing to mention on both sets for Earth Power: while you sorta imply it, I think you should mention that Earth Power will hit Zacian-C switch-ins. I realize the idea of Zacian-C switching in sounds silly, but some may come in expecting a Mirror Coat, so Earth Power can be a nice punish for that!

- This is gonna sound like obvious knowledge for us BSS folks, but I think you should mention NOT to Yawn against Pokemon that can use Max Starfall to block the status. The big ones to mention here are Mimikyu and Xerneas. Reason I think we should bring this up, is because Dynamax isn't allowed on most metagames on the dex, so this is a trap a lot of newer players often get wrecked by!

Physically Defensive

- It's better to call Landorus-Therian "Landorus-T".

- When you mention Yawn, I think you should mention that it can threaten to waste Dynamax turns too, which is a big selling point of the move imo!

- I'd mention what Earth Power does on this set too. I realize what it does is pretty simple (hits Zacian-C without Counter lol), but since its a slash-in I think we should mention its selling point! Might be best to slash it in slot 3 too now that I think about it, since you're more likely to use Earth Power + Mirror Coat than Earth Power + Counter.

- This is going to sound like a really silly nitpick, but with Yawn being on about 52% of Gastrodon and the first set focusing more on the countercoat aspects of Gastrodon, I think maybe the physdef set should be the 2nd set. Really minor nitpick though, if another QC member objects to this we can always change it back!

- I'd mention that one of the big selling points of this set is that its a good Kyogre check that also isn't totally useless against Zacian-C.

Specially Defensive

- Mention what Counter does here too, since some readers might not read the other set.

- I'd mention "Dynamax sweepers like Zapdos" rather than just Zapdos, because again, Yawn hitting Dynamax Pokemon is a big deal!

That's actually all I have, I'll give you the QC stamp when you get this stuff added!

Last edited:

DerpySuX

Checking this now before I go on to write Mimikyu!

For Both sets

- I'd slash in Sitrus Berry on both sets, its the 3rd most used item because its basically what you use if Leftovers is already on something else. I noticed you already mention it on the SpD set, but I think its worth slashing into the set too!

- A really important thing to mention on both sets for Earth Power: while you sorta imply it, I think you should mention that Earth Power will hit Zacian-C switch-ins. I realize the idea of Zacian-C switching in sounds silly, but some may come in expecting a Mirror Coat, so Earth Power can be a nice punish for that!

- This is gonna sound like obvious knowledge for us BSS folks, but I think you should mention NOT to Yawn against Pokemon that can use Max Starfall to block the status. The big ones to mention here are Mimikyu and Xerneas. Reason I think we should bring this up, is because Dynamax isn't allowed on most metagames on the dex, so this is a trap a lot of newer players often get wrecked by!

Physically Defensive

- It's better to call Landorus-Therian "Landorus-T".

- When you mention Yawn, I think you should mention that it can threaten to waste Dynamax turns too, which is a big selling point of the move imo!

- I'd mention what Earth Power does on this set too. I realize what it does is pretty simple (hits Zacian-C without Counter lol), but since its a slash-in I think we should mention its selling point! Might be best to slash it in slot 3 too now that I think about it, since you're more likely to use Earth Power + Mirror Coat than Earth Power + Counter.

- This is going to sound like a really silly nitpick, but with Yawn being on about 52% of Gastrodon and the first set focusing more on the countercoat aspects of Gastrodon, I think maybe the physdef set should be the 2nd set. Really minor nitpick though, if another QC member objects to this we can always change it back!

- I'd mention that one of the big selling points of this set is that its a good Kyogre check that also isn't totally useless against Zacian-C.

Specially Defensive

- Mention what Counter does here too, since some readers might not read the other set.

- I'd mention "Dynamax sweepers like Zapdos" rather than just Zapdos, because again, Yawn hitting Dynamax Pokemon is a big deal!

That's actually all I have, I'll give you the QC stamp when you get this stuff added!
Thanks! I will add this as soon as I get the chance :)

DerpySuX

Alright, I added in what you suggested, and swapped the sets so the SpDef one is listed first, since it’s the more common/intuitive set. Hope that’s better! :)

Theorymon

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only other thing I have for you to fix is, the wording in the first set's Earth Power sorta makes it sound like it does a lot of damage in general, when its really doing most of its damage against Zacian-C.

Otherwise, QC Approved 1/2! Sorry for the wait, Pokemon Day was madness!

DerpySuX

Only other thing I have for you to fix is, the wording in the first set's Earth Power sorta makes it sound like it does a lot of damage in general, when its really doing most of its damage against Zacian-C.

Otherwise, QC Approved 1/2! Sorry for the wait, Pokemon Day was madness!
Fixed that wording, specifies that EP is pretty much just for Zacian. Thanks for the input! :)

ultracslewisjr

Banned deucer.
I'd like to make note that Gastrodon's overall more successful with a Focus Sash, so this item should take priority over leftovers.

I looked through most of the high-placing blogs from last season whose teams employed Gastrodon. Some takeaways:
the defensive benchmarks of 252+ Atk Zacian-C Play Rough and 252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-S Wicked Blow (252+ ones are favorable rolls for most) are still there on sets with mixed defensive investments.

The second major conclusion we haven't touched on here or on Discord yet is that people are using Earthquake over Earth Power to get their SpDef boosts (timer win-con mentioned in multiple blogs), as it can also get through Calm Mind Kyogre's Substitutes, for example.

Example blogs:

https://mega-salamance.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/03/01/102932
(252 HP, 140 Def, 108 +SpDef)

https://yttkk.hateblo.jp/entry/2022/03/01/183048
(252 HP, 92 Def, 156 +SpDef)

https://tsukinekamiya.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/03/01/195724
(252 HP, 252 +SpDef)

https://satooo4128.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/03/02/180118
(252 HP, 252 +SpDef)

https://turning-point.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2022/03/03/052308
(252 HP, 148 +Def, 108 SpDef)

Thus, Earthquake needs to be worked in, and we're mostly there, right? I think tmon mentioned that there may be a separate article on the various quirks of BSS on console, so the timer stuff—despite hard to not write about every time covering something with a decent recovery option—can be omitted.

QC 2/2
bss qc big.gif

Theorymon

For the record, I actually think it'd be a good idea to mention a timer win condition for Pokemon that aim for it in the analysis. The article idea (still waiting for it to get approved mind you), would be for more general stuff like "If you're using Zacian-C on a stall team make sure its shiny!" sort of stuff.

So like for Gastrodon, I don't mind doing the shiny mention and timer win condition in this case, because its actually one of its specific goals rather than how shiny Zacian-C just contributes a bit towards the goal!

DerpySuX

I looked through most of the high-placing blogs from last season whose teams employed Gastrodon. Some takeaways:
the defensive benchmarks of 252+ Atk Zacian-C Play Rough and 252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu-S Wicked Blow (252+ ones are favorable rolls for most) are still there on sets with mixed defensive investments.

The second major conclusion we haven't touched on here or on Discord yet is that people are using Earthquake over Earth Power to get their SpDef boosts (timer win-con mentioned in multiple blogs), as it can also get through Calm Mind Kyogre's Substitutes, for example.

Example blogs:

https://mega-salamance.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/03/01/102932
(252 HP, 140 Def, 108 +SpDef)

https://yttkk.hateblo.jp/entry/2022/03/01/183048
(252 HP, 92 Def, 156 +SpDef)

https://tsukinekamiya.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/03/01/195724
(252 HP, 252 +SpDef)

https://satooo4128.hatenablog.com/entry/2022/03/02/180118
(252 HP, 252 +SpDef)

https://turning-point.hatenadiary.jp/entry/2022/03/03/052308
(252 HP, 148 +Def, 108 SpDef)

Thus, Earthquake needs to be worked in, and we're mostly there, right? I think tmon mentioned that there may be a separate article on the various quirks of BSS on console, so the timer stuff—despite hard to not write about every time covering something with a decent recovery option—can be omitted.

QC 2/2
View attachment 411743
Thanks a lot! I will implement EQ and a note about timer win conditions and then submit for GP. I have a free day tomorrow so I’ll spend part of that on these analyses

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(RC): Remove Comma

also fix apostrophes to straight '

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Storm Drain and it’s partial Ground Typing, its part-Ground typing, Gastrodon is one of the better switch ins to choiced switch-ins to Choice item Kyogre sets.

* Earth Power can be used in place of Counter to hit Zacian-C super effectively. Doing a lot of damage to effectively, heavily damaging it without relying on Gastrodon itself getting hit first, as well as being able to first. It also can punish a Zacian-C trying to grab a free switch on Mirror Coat.

* Yawn can be useful for helping help play around Dynamax sweepers like Zapdos. Forcing Zapdos, forcing them out and potentially allowing Gastrodon to get a vital Recover off. This It should be used carefully, however, as Pokemon can bypass falling to sleep by using Max Starfall, should they have it. Max Starfall users can bypass its effect. (moved mirror coat bullet after yawn)

* Mirror Coat can be used to more immediately pressure the special attackers Gastrodon will be walling more immediately, but walling, but it comes at the cost of some longevity. Additionally, Mirror Coat does not affect dark types, Dark-types, such as Yveltal.

* Earthquake can be used over Earth Power to hit Kyogre for Physical damage. This helps against Substitute and Calm Mind variants, ignoring the Special Defense boosts gained from Calm Mind. harder, which helps against Substitute and Calm Mind variants.

* Gastrodon can potentially be used as a win condition wincon via timer stalling, though this is not something a use to rely on consistently.

Items
========

* Leftovers is preferred to augment Gastrodon’s longevity, allowing it to passively heal off smaller things from lesser damage sources like Stealth Rock. Sitrus Berry is an alternative longevity option.

* Sitrus Berry can be used to get a small burst of passive healing once Gastrodon has taken a bit of damage.

* Rindo Berry can be useful for allowing Gastrodon to survive surprise Grass-Type attacks aimed to pick it off. to survive surprise Grass-type attacks aimed at Gastrodon.

EV Spreads
========

* 228 HP / 180 Def / 100 SpD with Calm - This spread allows Gastrodon to avoid prevents the 2HKO from a Modest Ice Beam from Choice Specs Kyogre, while also as well as avoiding the OHKO from Adamant Zacian-C's Play Rough, and surviving all but the maximum roll from Rough and Choice Band Urshifu-S’s Wicked Blow, barring a maximum damage roll from the latter. However, it comes at the cost of some resilience against Zapdos and Yveltal.

* 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with Calm - This spread maximizes Gastrodon’s special bulk (RC) at the cost of being but leaves it heavily threatened by strong physical attackers. (removed extra linebreak under)

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive

[SET COMMENTS]

* This set maximizes Gastrodon’s physical bulk, allowing it to act as a sort of mixed wall, being somewhat competent against threats like Zacian-C while maintaining effectiveness against choiced Choice item Kyogre variants.

* Counter and Mirror Coat are used in tandem with focus sash to bounce back huge attacks, potentially trading Focus Sash to potentially trade with massive threats, such as Landorus-T, Zacian-C, Zapdos, and Urshifu-S. (added period)

* Earth Power can be useful against Zacian-C, punishing switch ins it on the switch and getting around potential Counter mind games.

* Yawn can be used to annoy set up and utility based pokemon, however this setup and utility-based Pokemon, but it does make Gastrodon more vulnerable to Taunt. Additionally, Pokemon with access to Max Starfall can avoid being put to Dynamax users with Fairy-type attacks can use Max Starfall to block sleep.

Items
========

* Focus Sash is the preferred item, allowing Gastrodon to get maximum value out of the CounterCoat combination. both Counter and Mirror Coat.

* If running Yawn or Earth Power, consider Leftovers, as this will grant Gastrodon Leftovers or Sitrus Berry for slightly more longevity.

* Sitrus Berry can be used in place of leftovers to give Gastrodon a quick burst of health after tanking a hit.

* Rindo Berry can also be used to potentially save Gastrodon from a surprise grass-type Grass-type attack. (added linebreak under)

[CREDITS]

adeleine.gif
1/1, but pls be mindful w sloppy capitalization, sentence fragments, and other simple grammar stuff

DerpySuX

Add/Fix Remove Comment
(RC): Remove Comma

also fix apostrophes to straight '

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

* With Storm Drain and it’s partial Ground Typing, its part-Ground typing, Gastrodon is one of the better switch ins to choiced switch-ins to Choice item Kyogre sets.

* Earth Power can be used in place of Counter to hit Zacian-C super effectively. Doing a lot of damage to effectively, heavily damaging it without relying on Gastrodon itself getting hit first, as well as being able to first. It also can punish a Zacian-C trying to grab a free switch on Mirror Coat.

* Yawn can be useful for helping help play around Dynamax sweepers like Zapdos. Forcing Zapdos, forcing them out and potentially allowing Gastrodon to get a vital Recover off. This It should be used carefully, however, as Pokemon can bypass falling to sleep by using Max Starfall, should they have it. Max Starfall users can bypass its effect. (moved mirror coat bullet after yawn)

* Mirror Coat can be used to more immediately pressure the special attackers Gastrodon will be walling more immediately, but walling, but it comes at the cost of some longevity. Additionally, Mirror Coat does not affect dark types, Dark-types, such as Yveltal.

* Earthquake can be used over Earth Power to hit Kyogre for Physical damage. This helps against Substitute and Calm Mind variants, ignoring the Special Defense boosts gained from Calm Mind. harder, which helps against Substitute and Calm Mind variants.

* Gastrodon can potentially be used as a win condition wincon via timer stalling, though this is not something a use to rely on consistently.

Items
========

* Leftovers is preferred to augment Gastrodon’s longevity, allowing it to passively heal off smaller things from lesser damage sources like Stealth Rock. Sitrus Berry is an alternative longevity option.

* Sitrus Berry can be used to get a small burst of passive healing once Gastrodon has taken a bit of damage.

* Rindo Berry can be useful for allowing Gastrodon to survive surprise Grass-Type attacks aimed to pick it off. to survive surprise Grass-type attacks aimed at Gastrodon.

EV Spreads
========

* 228 HP / 180 Def / 100 SpD with Calm - This spread allows Gastrodon to avoid prevents the 2HKO from a Modest Ice Beam from Choice Specs Kyogre, while also as well as avoiding the OHKO from Adamant Zacian-C's Play Rough, and surviving all but the maximum roll from Rough and Choice Band Urshifu-S’s Wicked Blow, barring a maximum damage roll from the latter. However, it comes at the cost of some resilience against Zapdos and Yveltal.

* 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD with Calm - This spread maximizes Gastrodon’s special bulk (RC) at the cost of being but leaves it heavily threatened by strong physical attackers. (removed extra linebreak under)

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive

[SET COMMENTS]

* This set maximizes Gastrodon’s physical bulk, allowing it to act as a sort of mixed wall, being somewhat competent against threats like Zacian-C while maintaining effectiveness against choiced Choice item Kyogre variants.

* Counter and Mirror Coat are used in tandem with focus sash to bounce back huge attacks, potentially trading Focus Sash to potentially trade with massive threats, such as Landorus-T, Zacian-C, Zapdos, and Urshifu-S. (added period)

* Earth Power can be useful against Zacian-C, punishing switch ins it on the switch and getting around potential Counter mind games.

* Yawn can be used to annoy set up and utility based pokemon, however this setup and utility-based Pokemon, but it does make Gastrodon more vulnerable to Taunt. Additionally, Pokemon with access to Max Starfall can avoid being put to Dynamax users with Fairy-type attacks can use Max Starfall to block sleep.

Items
========

* Focus Sash is the preferred item, allowing Gastrodon to get maximum value out of the CounterCoat combination. both Counter and Mirror Coat.

* If running Yawn or Earth Power, consider Leftovers, as this will grant Gastrodon Leftovers or Sitrus Berry for slightly more longevity.

* Sitrus Berry can be used in place of leftovers to give Gastrodon a quick burst of health after tanking a hit.

* Rindo Berry can also be used to potentially save Gastrodon from a surprise grass-type Grass-type attack. (added linebreak under)

[CREDITS]

View attachment 4206101/1, but pls be mindful w sloppy capitalization, sentence fragments, and other simple grammar stuff
Thank you very much! Now I can finally put my beloved slug on the dex :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)