SV OU Geeta Themed OU Team

I watched a video on how awful Geeta's team is as a champion's team, so I took that as a challenge. Here's what I've got so far. Just started it and I've reached around 1300 and gonna try to get it higher later. Would love some feedback because this team is definitely optimal lol

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball

Standard glimmora sash lead. I replaced spikes with sludge wave because i kept on running into hatterene and needed a way to counter it. This team really appreciates spike, but it appreciates not getting 6-0'd by hatterene more. Energy ball is for great tusk, dozo, and water tera ape. Gem handles other glimmora, torkoal, and most other fire types trying to mess with it.

Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head

Standard Kingambit with double dark and iron head for fairies. Overall, this thing puts in serious work in areas that the rest of this team really struggles with, namely breaking. Biggest answer for gholdengo, pult, espathra, garganacl, and grimmsnarl. Tends to give this team hope in the end game with sucker punch and supreme overlord.

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Milk Drink
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake

Honestly, the biggest threat on this team - no joke. water tera on this thing is fantastic, giving only one weakness to electric. Easily sets up in the face of threats such as pult, chien-pao, dragonite, roaring moon, tusk, corv, volc, breloom, and ttar. It handles some iron valiant sets pretty well too. On top of that, chi-yu struggles to revenge kill without significant chip. This thing really surprised me and I will definitely start trying it out on more serious teams. This is the most common wincon.

Avalugg @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Avalanche

Pretty regular avalugg with tera ghost to block rapid spin if i need hazards really bad. has some rough 4MSS because this thing really wants EQ for gholdengo.

Espathra @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Standard Espathra. Set up CM, roost off damage, and go to town. Obviously, with the right matchup, this thing is a serious threat. This paired with Gogoat has been a pretty good setup core that handles pretty different mons.

Veluza @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Psychic Fangs
- Drill Run

Definitely the oddest set on this team. I initially tried a fillet away set, but it was dead weight. Basically this thing is here to sponge the occasional special hits from locked in fire chi-yu attacks and attempt to hit it back with aqua jet... that's it. This thing is a liability. It can come in handy against bulky mons such as clod and chansey, but kingambit fills that role much better.

Overall, this team is fun to use, but needs a good deal of work to get higher in the ladder. This team struggles a lot with annhiliape. The best answer for it is fairy espathra. If that's gone, this team is setup bait for it. Other notable threats to the team are, chi-yu, garganacl, hatterene, dondozo, and gholdengo.

Let me know if you've got any ideas for the team! It's super fun to use, but definitely needs work.

Back