Gen 1 Gen 1 OU "Hyper Offensive"-Style Team (Anti-Meta, Fire Type Anti-Lead Experiment)

Introduction

Welcome! This is my play on "Hyper Offense" in Gen 1, as my team lacks the Lax and Chansey that can make Gen 1 OU games drag on for so long. Although this hurts the viability of this team in the eyes of some, I feel like the team is strong enough on its own merit in the context of Gen 1 OU. I have been rigorously testing it on both the ladder and RoA tour nights, and if given the opportunity I'd love to try it out in some more serious tournaments. I would like to ask that you don't dismiss this team right off the bat because of its unconventional structure, as though it obviously is not as consistent as a standard Gen 1 OU team, it can be very effective in the right matchup, and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses to other teams common in the meta. I implore anyone interested in diversifying Gen 1 OU to try this team out, as it's very fast paced, offensive, and high risk/reward in contrast to many other Gen 1 archetypes. And all talk of viability aside, I think it's just plain fun! With that said, let me begin:

Beasts of No Nation (All DVs/Stat Exp are Maxed)​

For this team, I decided to start with my favorite two member core, Zapdos and Sandslash. Both are excellent late-game pokemon with great offensive synergy. Zapdos is a pokemon that tends to draw a lot of Thunder Waves, which are generally the best switch-in opportunites Sandslash will get, while Sandslash can lure and paralyze the dangerous Starmie, allowing Zapdos to finish it off without worrying about catching a powerful Blizzard. Zapdos can also be a very underrated paralysis spreader, which is great for a late-game Sandslash sweep, while Sandslash can effectively counter Rhy/Gol to clear the way for Zapdos late game.

Sandslash and Zapdos play very differently, but share one glaring weakness: Ice type attacks. That combined with the reduced physical tanking ability of Sandslash when compared to its rock type competition makes Cloyster a very snug fit. Cloyster has probably the best Tauros matchup in the game, easily sponges up Ice type attacks, has a powerful boom to halt enemy momentum, can pivot around with Clamp, and can throw around deceptively powerful STAB Blizzards. A great offensive/defensive threat, Cloyster is close to a must-have on any team using both Zapdos and Sandslash.

Cloyster can soak a lot of Ice type attacks, but one Ice type it absolutely cannont even pivot into is Jynx, as Jynx outspeeds, Psychic hits it in on its much weaker special side and Lovely Kiss threatens to put the boisterous oyster out of commision. Overall, this team hates switching into the Sleep + Freeze + Psychic combination of Jynx, so it's a major issue. Thankfully, Jynx's physical frality and awkward speed tier mostly limit it to the lead position, as there is little Jynx is comfortable switching into. Therefore an effective way to minimize the threat posed by Jynx to this team is to anti-lead it with a fire type, and for reasons I will get into down below, Rapidash was my choice.

Big 4 it is not, but nonetheless I had my core. When looking through the checklist for Gen 1, several important boxes went unfilled. First and foremost, a sleeper was needed. I decided to go with Victreebel for its more immediately threatening damage output with Razor Leaf and Body Slam, particularly against Starmie and Chansey. The extra speed often comes in handy, and Vic sharing a check with Sandslash is great, as after 2 Body Slams from Vic, Eggy is nearly guaranteed to drop to +2 Hyper Beam. Vic is also probably the best offensive check to Amneisa users, with both an instacrit move to hit through boosts as well as a fast sleep. Last but not least, no RBY team is complete without the (somewhat disputed) King of the Tier, Tauros. Everyone knows what Gen 1 Tauros does, and this Tauros set is bog standard, but Tauros does especially well with Sandslash as they share common checks, and therefore can weaken and paralyze them for each other to sweep late game. Tauros is also another very common Thunder Wave target, providing Sandslash a somewhat consistent late game entry. Tauros, Zapdos and Sandslash are an incredibly dangerous late game core.

Beasts of No Nation
Note: All IVs/Stat XP. are maxed out
Dash.png

Horseradish (Rapidash)
Anti-Sleep Lead
- Fire Blast
- Body Slam
- Fire Spin
- Agility
Rapidash is obviously an atypical pick, but it does occupy a legitimate, if rarely used, niche by threatening out Grass type and Jynx leads with a potential OHKO (a critical hit Fire Blast). Several fire types (as well as Dodrio funny enough) can fill this role, but I consider Rapidash to be the most consistent for a couple of reasons: first and foremost, it has 105 speed, and therefore outspeeds Jynx to threaten it with the OHKO. Any fire types slower than base 95 stand little chance as Jynx can put them to sleep. Secondly, Rapidash has access to Fire Spin, an excellent partial-trapping move whose shaky accuracy relegates it to pivoting instead of sweeping, though the significance of this cannot be overstated. With Fire Spin, Rapidash can pivot out of unfavorable bulky, slow lead matchups (like Sing Chansey and lead Amnesia Bro) to Victreebel, who can safely outspeed and put something to sleep. Lastly, Rapidash has acesss to Agility, which gives it a viable, if inconsistent method to deal with fast para leads like Starmie and Alakazam. With Agility boosting its speed, it ignores paralysis to outspeed every unboosted mon, which combined with the 30% para chance of Body Slam and ability to survive 2 psychics from either lead means that Rapidash can usually weaken or para Starmie or Zam at the very least, and occasionally beat them 1v1. Again, though this is not consistent, Rapidash is not helpless, with Agility being its biggest advantage over Zard who pairs a similar speed tier with a much varied offensive presence. To round out the horse's movepool, Fire Blast is necessary for the 2HKO on Eggy/Venusaur, while being a much needed power boost in general. The mediocre accuracy is more than made up for by its excellent 30% burn chance, which can punish aggressive switches to Rock types, and helps against the rare instances where Rapidash has to face one of Lax or Tauros. Last but not least, Body Slam provides consistent chip damage, when combined with its relatively high crit rate and the para chance, it is not an attack many pokemon want to switch into, and can at the very least chip Chansey switch-ins. Rapidash rarely survives past the lead matchup, but with an Agility under its belt it can threaten status on most switch-ins while its neat 105 speed tier lets it outrun Zapdos as well as any other occasional Base 100-90s (Kanghaskhan, Dodrio and Articuno all come to mind). It goes without saying that Rapidash doesn't like Starmie switch-ins, where the burn rate of Fire Blast can actually become a liability, but Starmie's often don't pack water moves, so it's not necessarily an auto-lose situation. To put it cleanly, Rapidash is an anti-lead in the vein of later generations, looking above all else to prevent sleep. It borders on the edge of a matchup fish, but it at the very least has a contigency plan for the very common para leads, and can effectively pivot out of other unconventional leads that present as a poor matchup. This strategy can seem counter-intuitive, but it both tackles a large threat to this team while allowing me to play Victreebel as a sort of "reset" after trades and pivots, which I prefer over trying to get sleep out as soon as possible. Overall, Rapidash is somewhat matchup dependent but is rarely dead weight, accomplishing what it's supposed to admirably without being excessively weak to anything else.

Sand.png

K. Dot (Sandslash)
Swords Dance Sweeper + Electric Type Counter
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
I've gone through Sandslash before in quite a bit of detail, so I'll leave this a bit short. Sandslash is again a niche pick, but tends to function quite well as an anti-meta pick due to its respectable speed tier, immunity to Thunder Wave, and most importantly, unmatched access to both Swords Dance and STAB Earthquake. Sandslash is often compared to Rhydon and Golem, but I've found it plays quite a bit differently. No Earthquake weakness means Sandslash can generally counter the Rock twins if need be (though this is not usually recommended as Sandslash provides little utility afterwards), and use them as setup opportunites if given a free switch, with a near guarenteed OHKO on Golem at +2, and a 60% chance to OHKO Rhydon from full. Additionally, a small niche benefit is that Sandslash is not hit super-effectively by Jolteons Double Kick, allowing it to counter Jolteon at much lower Hp than Rhydon or Golem. Overall though, Sandslash is less defensive but provides much more sweeping potential, as at +2 it can 2HKO or OHKO every single pokemon in the tier while benefitting from the lack of 4x weaknesses and greater speed tier that can oftentimes cause Rhydon/Golem to drop unexpectedly. Obviously Sandslash can switch in on every non-Raichu Electric type in the game somewhat comfortably (though Drill Peck can sting), the primary method of getting Sandslash on the field is on predicted Thunder Waves, which are everywhere in Gen 1 and can be somewhat consistently baited. Slow resting pokemon can also be a good switch in opportunity, as well as pivot opportunites from Cloyster and Rapidash. Once in, early and mid-game Sandslash is best off throwing out a Body Slam hoping to catch a check switching in and paralyzing them. Once the stage is set, Sandslash can SD up and fire away, demolishing slower and paralyzed teams, and severly weakening the Bull. An important note is that Sandslash shares many checks with Tauros (Starmie, Eggy, Cloyster, Lapras, Snorlax, other Tauros etc.) therefore aggressively playing one midgame is often all the other needs to sweep late game. I don't think this section does Sandslash justice, so I implore anyone interested to watch some of the replays. Sandslash is an absolute monster late-game in RBY OU, applying a ton of offensive pressure and nearly single-handedly beating some teams. Its offensive potential makes its defensive shortcomings well worth it, especially in tandem with Tauros. Swords Dance goes without saying, giving Sandslash its niche, boosting its attack to extremely threatening levels, and even undoing the burn penalty. Earthquake is a similar no-brainer, the only legal STAB move Sandslash gets, and one of the best moves in the entire game. Body Slam and Hyper Beam are where things go off, as most other Sandslash sets I've seen use Rock Slide, however no STAB means a neutral or super effective Rock Slide does equivalent damage to a resisted or neutral Earthquake respectively. Meanwhile, the combination of Body Slam + Hyper Beam accomplishes something nothing else can: A near-guarenteed KO on full health Exeggutor at +2. This is a huge aspect of Sandslash's viability, so it's not to be underestimated. Hyper Beam in theory also hits Tangela harder, but otherwise does equivalent damage to Earthquake barring type effectiveness. Body Slam is also extremely useful to spread paralysis on common switch-ins, as though Sandslash doesn' switch in at will, it generally has plenty of opportunites to get on the field and hits its checks. Slash is pretty much the only other viable option, and it honestly sounds more appealing than Rock Slide, since it does nearly equal damage to Earthquake while also pressuring Reflect mons, but this Sandslash is geared all-out towards sweeping, and the damage from Body Slam is generally good enough.

bell.png

NSFW (Victreebel)
Fast Supporting Status Inducer
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- Body Slam
A much more conventional pick, Victreebel's role is relatively simple, but it patches up some holes despite being occasionally short-lived. Razor Leaf goes without saying, as it is a consistently powerful special attacking move that threatens both Ground and Water types, as well as damaging most non-Chansey or Eggy pokemon for solid damage. Body Slam is a great move to throw out, softening Eggy for the physical attackers, threatening paralysis on Psychic and Ice types, as well as chunking Chansey pretty well (though beware of Counter!). Sleep Powder is the showcase, as I don't need to explain how potent RBY Sleep is, especially considering Vic comfortably outspeeds the Egg. Last but not least is Stun Spore, which is by far the least used move on Vic, but I prefer the ability to dish out additionaly status to the partial trapping ability of Wrap. Wrap is obviously a great move, but I feel like it has some synergy issues with sleep, and with no boosting move on this set it can have some dissapointing damage output. Still, definitely an option to consider in the future. As alluded to before, I like to use Vic as a "reset" after trades and pivots, preferably coming in on slow mons like Chansey and Lax that are threatened out by sleep. Vic is a bit prone to dying to super effective Ice or Psychic crits, but the fact that it's OU despite those weaknesses is a testament to how valuable it is. Of particular note is sharing a check in Exeggutor with Sandslash and Tauros. If Eggy eats a Body Slam switching in, and another on the subsequent turn, Sandslash will be able to cleanly finish off Eggy with a +2 Hyper Beam, opening it up for a potential sweep. Vic is also a very nice emergency stop to Amnesia and Reflect mons, with both a relatively fast sleep as well as a powerful auto-crit special move that hits Slowbro super effectively. I think it fits very well, but I'd be willing to test out alternative sleepers if they'd possibly fit better.

zap.png

Sparky (Zapdos)
Strong Mixed Attacker / Special Tank + Paralysis Spreader
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Drill Peck
- Thunderbolt / Light Screen / Rest
Again, most people know what Zapdos does. It's a very dangerous special attacker with just enough mixed capabilities to be able to (usually) muscle through Zam and Chansey without reflect if need be. In that sense then Zapdos has a positive matchup against every member of the Big 4, and has very few switch ins. The only problem it has (and it's a big one) is that its switch ins are lock-down counters, and very dangerous pokemon in general, in Rhydon, (and to a lesser extent) Golem and Sandslash. Fortunately, this team does have a couple of counters and a couple of checks for the rock twins, but they can still pose a considerable problem. Once they are eliminated however, Zapdos is quite possibly the best pokemon in Gen 1 OU. Zapdos also has great offensive synergy with Sandslash, threatening out the Water and Grass types that plague it in exchange for Sandslash weakening or KOing the special walls and Rock types of the tier. Onto the moveset, I usually bounce between either Light Screen or T-Bolt, though I've been using T-Bolt a lot more recently. Thunder is something I find crucial for a variety of reasons, if you'd like to know more then the box below will suit your interests. Thunder + T-Bolt provides a lot of utility as well, so definitely something I reccomend. Light Screen can help late game and in 1v1s against special walls, but it's inconsistent, can get crit through, and has limitted value without recovery. In the opposite vein, Rest can let Zapdos beat non-Ice Beam Chansey (and probably a few other miscellaneous pokemon) consistently, but Zapdos is not an easy pokemon to wake up considering its lack of useful resistances and good, but spread out bulk. Overall, Zapdos is an incredibly threatening pokemon with the unfortunate issue of being hard walled and 2HKO'd by one of the most dangerous mons in the tier. Once Rock types are gone, however, Zapdos has a field day, especially in conjunction with Sandslash and Tauros.

1. Thunder can turn the tide against the bull
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Tauros: 151-178 (42.7 - 50.4%) -- 0.8% chance to 2HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Tauros: 191-225 (54.1 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (effectively 50% after accuracy is factored but before crits)
This is relevant because Zapdos avoids the 2HKO from Tauros without any crits, and since they're both great endgame mons, this can be a fairly common matchup. No better feeling than critting and OHKOing the bull as well.

2. Thunder can really help Zapdos avoid getting hit by Blizzards/Strong Water moves
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Starmie: 241-284 (74.6 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Starmie: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- 69.2% chance to OHKO (Essentially 50% after accuracy and before crit)
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Cloyster: 267-314 (88.1 - 103.6%) -- 23.1% chance to OHKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Cloyster: 336-396 (110.8 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Essentially 70% to OHKO, 91% chance to KO after 2 turns)
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Slowbro: 280-330 (71.2 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. +2 Slowbro: 139-164 (35.3 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Slowbro: 354-416 (90 - 105.8%) -- 38.5% chance to OHKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. +2 Slowbro: 175-206 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- 18.9% chance to 2HKO
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Jynx: 125-147 (37.5 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Jynx: 156-184 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 72.2% chance to 2HKO
Zapdos Drill Peck vs. Jynx: 142-168 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 0.9% chance to 2HKO

Though there are some situations where Thunderbolt is objectively better...
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Lapras: 250-294 (53.9 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Lapras: 313-368 (67.6 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Articuno calc is nearly identical)
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Alakazam: 97-115 (30.9 - 36.7%) -- 71.7% chance to 3HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Alakazam: 123-145 (39.2 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (after accuracy this is more like a 33% chance, so worse than T-Bolt)
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Gengar: 102-120 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 83.7% chance to 3HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Gengar: 127-150 (39.3 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (See above)
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Gyarados: 483-568 (122.9 - 144.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

3. Thunder can put a lot more pressure on the opponent in switches and against Reflect users that look to avoid Zapdos's mixed capabilities. With some luck it can even make the difference in the Electric vs. Electric match up as well, though remember, you can't para electrics with Thunder! Also important to note that in Gen 1 only, Thunder only has a 10% chance to paralyze, same as T-Bolt, otherwise it would be even better.
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Chansey: 117-138 (16.6 - 19.6%) -- possible 6HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Chansey: 146-172 (20.7 - 24.4%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
Zapdos Drill Peck vs. Chansey through Reflect: 110-130 (15.6 - 18.4%) -- possible 6HKO
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Snorlax: 156-184 (29.8 - 35.1%) -- 18.6% chance to 3HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Snorlax: 197-232 (37.6 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (as with the Zam calc above, it's about a 33% chance, so twice as good as T-Bolt)
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Persian: 156-184 (46.8 - 55.2%) -- 72.2% chance to 2HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Persian: 197-232 (59.1 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (This one could go either way)
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Jolteon: 56-66 (16.8 - 19.8%) -- guaranteed 6HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Jolteon: 71-84 (21.3 - 25.2%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO
Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. Zapdos: 94-111 (24.5 - 28.9%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Zapdos: 102-121 (26.6 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Zapdos: 130-153 (33.9 - 39.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. Raichu: 64-76 (19.8 - 23.5%) -- possible 5HKO
Zapdos Thunder vs. Raichu: 81-96 (25 - 29.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

So yeah, obviously all the calcs come with the assumption the opposition is at full health, and obviously the decision for one over the other can be pretty nuanced, but just thought I'd give a little primer of (most) of the relevant OU calcs for Thunder vs T-Bolt.

Clam.png

Boisterous Oyster (Cloyster)
Physical Sponge, Blizzard Spammer, Exploder and Pivot
- Clamp
- Blizzard
- Explosion
- Surf / Double Edge
First and foremost, Cloyster has one of the best Tauros matchups in the game, as it is requires 3 Body Slams for it to be in Hyper Beam range, and can comfortably 3HKO Tauros back with Blizzard (very close to a 2HKO). Of course, with the para chance from Body Slam and Tauros's sky high crit rate, things don't always work according to plan, but simply getting damage off on the other Tauros is generally enough to make the 1v1 favorable for my own bull. Additionally, Cloyster can switch in on Ice type moves all day, a necessity with 2 Ice weak team members in a tier with Gen 1 Blizzard flying around. In addition to that, Cloyster has a moderately powerful Blizzard of its own, with a nifty freeze chance to discourage switching in, a very powerful (if somewhat inaccurate) partial trapping move, and best of all, one of the more powerful booms in the game, more than capable of taking out Chansey or Alakazam once Cloyster has done its job. Clamp is essential, as it allows Cloyster to pivot out of the Starmie matchup and get Zapdos or Vic in without risking paralysis, damage or a freeze. Overall, Cloyster is the glue that holds this team together. The last move is not super important, as I'm clicking 1 of the first 3 99% of the time, but Double Edge and Surf allow Cloyster to deal consistent damage on Jynx and Chansey or consistently knock out ground types respectively. Rest also comes into consideration here, but I don't like the momentum it gives up, and it practically rolls out a red carpet for Starmie to switch in. Not much more to add, people know what Cloyster does, and it's a great mix of offense and defense (as always)!

bull.png

Big Mac (Tauros) (M)
King of the Tier
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
Last but certainly not least, is Tauros. If you play Gen 1 OU, you know Tauros. It's great speed, awesome STAB, sky high crit rate, and excellent coverage make it essentially uncounterable, and much of every RBY OU game revolves around setting up Tauros for the victory. This however, does not mean it should be hidden away as long as possible. In fact, Tauros is best played aggressively and with initiative, not switching it into direct attacks of course but into expected doubles, resting pokemon, and through pivots so it can deal damage throughout the game and soften/para its checks. Earthquake is probably the most easily dropped move, but it's essential to scout for Counter and win the Gengar matchup, while Blizzard is the only thing that lets the bull muscle past the trio of Ground types in the tier. Tauros can often even steal games all by itself through crit magic. Body Slam is obvious for consistent damage and STAB, while Gen 1 Hyper Beam is the best finising move in Pokemon history. Tauros's dominance cannot be overstated. Within the team structure, Tauros doesn't provide much defensive utility on its own, but it generates so much offensive momentum it is more than worth it. Sharing checks with Sandslash is another benefit, as they can be a great tandem late game. I'm sure you all know about Tauros, so I'll stop praddling on about it.

Weaknesses

- First and foremost, fast leads can give this team a lot of trouble. The matchup against fast para leads (Zam and Starmie primarily) is very inconsistent, though Agility + Body Slam can occasionally win me the matchup. Paralyzing one of Alakazam and Starmie is often enough for the rest of the team to succeed. The biggest problem in the lead matchup however is definitely Gengar. Gengar is a sleep lead not threatened by Rapidash, and it is immune to Body Slam. Although Hypnosis accuracy is very shaky, there's not much Rapidash can do, and once it's put to sleep, Gengar is difficult to switch into. The fact that nothing on my team outspeeds Gengar compounds the issue, as I generally have to paralyze or sleep Gengar later on and finish it off with an Earthquake. The fact that Gengar usually packs Psychic and T-Bolt means no pokemon wants to switch in, and Victreebel is not safe for a sleep even if brought in safely. Worst comes to worse, an unboosted Sandslash will usually OHKO Gengar, but it doesn't like switching into Psychic. I can somewhat mitigate that with a double from Cloyster to bait a T-Bolt, but that is prediction reliant and damages my best Lax/Tauros answer. Lead Gengar is a serious problem for this team, and definitley one of the biggest factors limitting its success, though thankfully it is not especially common these days.
-Teams with both Alakazam and Starmie on them can also prove very troublesome, as this team lacks the special sponging power of Chansey and, like Gengar, can't outspeed them. Generally I am able to wear them down with a combination of status and offensive pressure, but a few bad turns of luck and this team can find itself in an unwinnable situation against them. In many cases, Zam is best paralyzed, and finished off by Sandslash. It's important to note that Sandslash will always OHKO at +2 with either Earthquake or Hyper Beam.
-Ice type spam can give this team a ton of trouble as half the team is weak to Ice, Gen 1 means Rapidash doesn't resist, and Cloyster already has a lot on its plate (plus many Ice type attackers can hit it hard with either T-Bolt coverage or their secondary STAB). If I'm not mistaken though, this archetype is much more common on cartridge, where freeze clause doesn't exist, and is much less viable in Showdown, so I have yet to encounter it with this team. That being said, even 2 Ice types on one team can give this team trouble, so it's definitely worth noting,
Despite the abundance of Rock/Ground checks/counters, any team with Zapdos is going to have a problem dealing with these pokemon. Zapdos is just such free entry, and they are very dangerous pokemon to give free turns too. They don't generally cause too much of an issue, but if someone scouts the team properly and plays smart with one of these ground types, they can do a ton of damage.

Conclusion

First of all, if you've gotten this far, thank you! This team has been years in the making, and an absolute labor of love. This RMT took a ton of time but I'm proud of this team and I hope people get enjoyment out of it, whether just by reading through it, testing the team out, or best-case scenario, being inspired to try novel teambuilding in RBY OU! Again, this team is far from standard but it matches up well with the standard metagame of RBY OU in a legitimate role, not because of surprise factor. Thanks once again for reading, down below are some further resources if you're interested in this team. If anyone needs clarity on anything, I'd be happy to answer questions in either the forums or PMs. Below are some replays from ladder and RBY tour nightsI think they do a better job of demonstrating the strengths (and weaknesses) of this team, so if you have the time I'd say they're well worth the watch. And as always, any and all feedback is encouraged. I like this team a lot, but there's always room for improvement. In fact, I got the idea to add Rapidash from a comment on my last RMT (Thanks Calebmon) so don't be shy. Enjoy!

Horseradish (Rapidash)
Ability: none
- Fire Blast
- Body Slam
- Fire Spin
- Agility

K. Dot (Sandslash)
- Swords Dance
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam

Sparky (Zapdos)
- Thunder
- Thunder Wave
- Drill Peck
- Thunderbolt

Victory (Victreebel)
- Sleep Powder
- Razor Leaf
- Body Slam
- Stun Spore

Boisterous Oyster (Cloyster)
- Blizzard
- Clamp
- Explosion
- Surf

Big Mac (Tauros) (M)
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Blizzard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)