Gen 4 Finale (OU)

At a Glance

Introduction

First off, thanks for taking the time to view this thread. Second, this is my first Rate My Team posted so hopefully all is well and good. If I've not been descriptive enough, please do tell!

Anyway, this more or less offensively-based team has been relatively successful on Pokemon Online, winning roughly 75% of all matches fought. Obviously the team is not perfect, and that's where I'd like for you guys to provide me with feedback and advice on how to improve this team.

The Team Itself

Azelf
Colbur Berry
Jolly
29 SpA
8 HP | 140 Atk | 144 SpD | 216 Spe
- Explosion
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Azelf is a highly decent suicide lead used to gain momentum early on in the game working well in conjunction with the rest of my team. Colbur Berry is given to shut down leads such as the common Machamp, and otherwise large threat to the team.

Note: Swapped in place of OU Choice Scarf Lead Uxie.

Flygon
Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Choice Scarf Flygon is here on this team as due to the fact that it's one of the best revenge killers in the game, working well to uphold the synergy of the team. The moveset is rather self-explanatory.

Note: Swapped in place of Rapid Spin Starmie.

Machamp
Leftovers
No Guard
Adamant
128 HP | 252 Atk | 128 Spe
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Payback
- Substitute

Machamp is next, and he's generally been a solid teammate. It works very well with both Uxie and Starmie, resisting moves such as Pursuit and being able to capitalize by setting up a sub.

I've been considering swapping Payback for Ice Punch in order to kill Pokémon such as Dragonite and Flygon.

Heatran
Choice Specs
Modest
40 HP | 252 SpA | 216 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Grass

I chose to use Heatran in my team due to his sheer power backed behind a Modest nature. Bringing it in on a resist and firing at the Pokémon that comes out is the aim behind this. It has generally been successful in doing this, though there have been times when it's lost out due to it's mediocre Speed...

Scizor
Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
248 HP | 252 Atk | 8 Spe
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Scizor is packed with power, also serving well as a revenge killer due to Bullet Punch. I'm not 100% content with it however due to the fact that it's yet another choice user in my team. Maybe there is a better alternative I could use to this Pokémon?

Gengar
Life Orb
Timid
4 Def | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Substitute

Gengar is another solid teammate within the pack. With the use of Substitute and Pain Split, it can out-stall even Blissey! It's high Speed outruns many Choice users even such as Flygon (who otherwise troubles my team) and eventually takes them down.

-----

Again, thanks for taking a look at my team, any form of help will be thoroughly appreciated.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello,

This seems to be a pretty decent team you have here, although Pokemon like Dragon dance Gyarados and Swords Dance / Agility Lucario can rip through this team quite easily with only a little bit of support in the form of Stealth Rock or even a layer of Spikes. Before I get to these threats, however, I'm going to address another problem I see: your lead. I understand that you enjoy using TrickScarf Uxie, but to be honest, it doesn't seem to be doing much for the team after it gets down Stealth Rock; mid-game, it becomes, more or less, pretty much useless bar Thunder Wave support. I suggest using a suicide lead, which can get your team a fair amount of momentum at the beginning of a battle, making it easier for your offensively inclined team to do its job. Something like a Colbur Berry Azelf would work fine as it is able to shut down Machamp, a sizable threat to this team, as well as starting off a battle with a good chunk of momentum. Other leads that would also work include Lum Berry Metagross and even, the undermined lead Infernape.

Going back to the problems your team has with Pokemon such as Dragon Dance Gyarados and Swords Dance / Agility Lucario; these Pokemon (as well as a couple of other offensively-inclined Pokemon) can easily set-up on a locked Heatran or Scizor and from there, easily sweep through your team due to one major reason: you lack a "proper" revenge killer. I recommend using one of the best revenge killers of the current metagame, which can easily revenge kill many of the Pokemon your team currently has problems with: Choice Scarf Flygon - preferably over either Starmie or Scizor, although in my opinion, replacing Starmie with Scizor would be better as not only do Choice Band Scizor and Choice Scarf Flygon work very well in conjunction, but by replacing Starmie, you better the synergy of your team. I hope this has helped, and good luck!

Suggestions in Short:

• Colbur Berry Azelf over TrickScarf Uxie
  • Choice Scarf Flygon

Aerrow: I've made the implementations to my team that you suggest and it worked wonders. I have absolutely no complaints, thanks a ton for the advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)