Gen 4 retirement Bulky Offence

This team is centered on DD gyra, a threatening late game sweeper, who got replaced by scarfmie at the end. It is originally an anti stall team, but it does well against offensive teams. I dont have any leader board peaks of this, since I did this on the teamuber server (I couldnt do Pokemon Online) and I'm not so constant on the leaderboard anymore.

Team Building Process
Taunt DD gyra is a threatening sweeper late game, and I decided to make a team centered around it.

Shaymin resists Gyras weaknesses and has seed flare and leech seed for beating blissey

Heatran completes the F/W/G core and i gave it life orb and explosion to take care of that annoying blissey/vaporon on the switch in

Then, I wanted a veristale sweeper on my team that supports some of my weaknesses, so mixnite joins the team.

I realized that my team had a huge SR weakness, so i needed a lead to keep them off the field, so I have Gliscor as a lead (Aerodactyl works too, but I wanted some bulk.)

Then,CB scizor helps in revenge killing aerodactyls and azelfs after Gliscor U-turns away from them.

I noticed that my team was slow overall and DD nite and DD gyra messes the team up. Also, scizor was trapped by magnezone, so i needed an alternative revenge killer. scarfmie replaces gyrados, keeping the F/W/G core and having trick to mess up blissey on the switch in.

The team:

Gliscor (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
My lead. It taunts slower SR leads, U-turns on faster leads to break the sash, and EQs on attacking leads, all while setting up SR sometime. Yache berry is to take ice beams and ice punches from starmies and machamps.
---

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk,-SpAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower
- U-turn
The standard revenge killer. It comes out often after Gliscor U-turns, but it has to be wary of opposing magnezone. Superpower kills Bliss, and it can U-turn against Celebi without HP fire, which gliscor scouts well.
---

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 116 Atk/192 Spd/200 SpAtk
Rash nature (+SpAtk,-SpDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Thunderbolt
Standard mixnite. Draco meteor is strong, fire blast kills most steels, bar heatran, superpower are for blisseys and heatran, and thunderbolt are for opposing bulky waters.
---

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb/shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef
Naive nature (+Spd,-SpDef)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power (grass)
Standard Scarftran. EP and fire blast for coverage. HP for swamperts, and explosion to kill Bliss and Vaporean on the switch in before it protects. Scizor and Shaymin makes its switch in easy. I'm still wondering about the item though. Choice scarf helps it deal with faster threats. Life orb gives it power and ability to change moves. Shuca berry aids it against other heatran switching in.
---

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power (fire)
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
Standard LO shaymin. It's the second fastest player on the team. Again, EP and seed flare because it's awesome, HP fire for skarm, tress, and scizor. Leech seed to heal up against blissey.
---

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SpAtk
Timid nature (+Spd,-Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
Scarfmie. Hydro pump for powerful STAB. Boltbeam for coverage against flygon, DD nite, and DD gyra, and trick for annoying bliss.
---
Note: Interstingly, four of my pokemon utilize special attacks. This doesn't mean it's stalled completely by blissey. In fact, every pokemon on my team has an anti blissey move. That's how much I hate Bliss.:cool:
Rate and suggest changes!

i do not recommand heatran has hidden power grass while holding choice scarf, you should either change hp grass into dragon pulse or switch choice scarf into life orb,furthermore you already have a scarf starmie,and change quick attack into pursuit for scizor to deal with ghost pokemon that is going to switch

By the way, dark, I was going with heatran with life orb in the first place. Guess I'll try that again. in my point of view, quick attack is better than pursuit in that it handles weakened zapdos, kingdra, and gyradoses. I'll stay with quick attack on that one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)