Gen 6 [Gen 6] (Pure) Hackmons Smash Spam Hyper Offense

Hello all readers, and welcome to my first ever RMT!
This is a hyper offense team I made for Gen 6 Pure Hackmons, quickly becoming one of my favourites:

:xy/regigigas: :xy/mewtwo-mega-x:
:xy/metagross-mega: :xy/gyarados: :xy/xerneas: :xy/gengar-mega:

Team building process
:regigigas:
I started off with Regigigas, as a powerful Mold Breaker sweeper that isn’t easily revenge killed due to its STAB priority Extreme Speeds.

:regigigas: :mewtwo-mega-x:
Next I wanted an immediate breaker in a Huge Power Pokemon, so settled for the obvious and top tier choice, Mega Mewtwo X with coverage to hit a wide variety of targets.

:regigigas: :mewtwo-mega-x: :metagross-mega:
One Huge Power wasn’t enough, I wanted this team to have a dual Huge Power core. I chose Choice Scarf Mega Metagross due to its ability to pressure common Wonder Guards with Gear Grind, as well as revenging unexpected foes such as opposing Mega Mewtwo.

:regigigas: :mewtwo-mega-x: :metagross-mega: :gyarados:
There was a gaping hole, as I had no Wonder Guards, which allowed Deoxys-Speed to tear through my team. Scarf Metagross was not consistent enough with Gear Grind’s shaky accuracy and Metagross’ inability to switch into Sheer Cold. I figured that Gyarados was the best Wonder Guard that offence was going to get due to its ability to Mega Evolve and gain Mold Breaker after setting up with the use of Gyaradosite. This also provided a Trick Scarf switch in.

:regigigas: :mewtwo-mega-x: :metagross-mega: :gyarados: :xerneas:
Just like with the huge powers, one Wonder Guard was not going to cut it due to Deoxys’ Gastro Acid antics. Xerneas is another great offensive Wonder Guard thanks to its respectable base 131 attacking stats and ability to utilize coverage moves while still Self-imposterproofing. This, paired with Gyarados, also Imposterproofed my Huge Power core.

:regigigas: :mewtwo-mega-x: :metagross-mega: :gyarados: :xerneas: :gengar-mega:
I noticed how much of a difficult time I currently had breaking Mega Slowbro, and that Mold Breaker Mega Gengar would 6-0 if it managed to set up after chip on Regigigas, due to its Extreme Speed immunity. While an unusual pick, a prankster Mega Gengar of my own could copycat to revenge kill several threatening special sweepers.

Description
:xy/regigigas:
Regigigas @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows

When you think of Mold Breaker sweepers, this is what immediately springs to mind. Its already powerful extreme speeds are boosted by a further 1.5 times damage due to Regigigas’ normal typing. An Adamant nature is preferred over Jolly to maximise damage output.

Spore allows Regigigas to find a free turn to setup, and paired with Safety Goggles it denys imposter to freely use Spore against you.
Shell Smash is arguably the best setup move in all of Hackmons. I opted for this over Belly Drum due to its easier to use nature.
Extreme Speed is the primary STAB move, denying revenge kills from anything except Ghost-types and -ates that resist Normal (for example Mega Diancie).
Thousand arrows allows Regigigas to Super-effectively hit the Rock and Steel-types that resist Extreme Speed, while also hitting Ghost-types neutrally.

:xy/mewtwo-mega-x:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Shed Shell
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Thousand Arrows
- Diamond Storm

Due to its impressive Speed tier and having the highest Attack in the game, Mega Mewtwo X is always the first pick for Huge Power abuser. This phenomenal breaker can hit the likes of Wonder guard Arceus, Mega Sableye, Drapion, Primal Groudon and Gyarados with the chosen coverage. I chose for Mewtwo to hold Shed Shell to allow it to escape the claws of Shadow Tag abusers, mainly Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Gengar.

Drain Punch may seem inferior to Close Combat but in reality, Drain Punch just allows mewtwo to still OHKO any Wonder Guards weak to its STAB and regain its health at the same time.
Play Rough lets mewtwo hit Mega Sableye, Giratina and opposing Mega Mewtwo X for Super-effective damage
Thousand Arrows is the premier Ground-type move in the tier due to its amazing ability to hit and smack down Flying-types, as well as hitting Wonderloons (Wonder Guard Pokemon holding Air Balloon) such as Mega Manectric and Drapion.
Diamond storm deals with Wonder Guard Gyarados, and the less common but not unnoticed Wonder Guard Volcarona.

:xy/metagross-mega:
Metagross-Mega @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Sacred Fire
- Trick
- U-turn

Mega Metagross has impressive bulk, Speed and Attack which makes for a perfect secondary Huge Power Pokemon. This set contains the coverage moves that Mega Mewtwo X is missing, and Choice Scarf lets it revenge kill usually faster threats threats including opposing Huge Power abusers, Mega Aerodactyl and Deoxys-Speed.

Gear Grind is Mega Metagross’ primary STAB attack. It effortlessly deals with the common Fairy-type Wonder Guards, breaks potential Focus Sashes, and thwarts any attempts of Substitute users such as Giratina.
Sacred Fire hits the Steel-types that resist Gear Grind such as opposing Mega Metagross as well as letting it KO Wonder Guard Mega Scizor.
Trick allows Mega Metagross to cripple any passive Pokemon it is unable to touch that would otherwise freely switch in, and also lets Mega Metagross to freely change moves throughout the rest of the battle if necessary.
U-turn is a pivot move, which is appreciated on Iffense, but also acts as coverage for Ludicolo and several Psychic-type Wonder Guard Pokemon.

:xy/gyarados: :xy/gyarados-mega:
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Wonder Guard
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off
- Substitute
- Magic Coat

Why use base Gyarados holding a Mega Stone when you can just use Mega Gyarados to begin with? You may ask. Starting off in base form allows Gyarados to use its low number of weaknesses to its advantage with the ability Wonder Guard. This allows it to easily setup, then Mega Evolve when the time is right. Jolly is generally viewed as the superior nature due to being able to outspeed several key targets such as Choice Scarf Mega Rayquaza at +2.

Shell Smash is a spamable setup move for Gyarados. With Wonder Guard active it is relatively easy to find yourself clicking it.
Knock Off is Gyardos’ STAB move after Mega Evolution. It can remove the items of Wonder Guard Pokemon while also being able to muscle past even resists at +6.
Substitute prevents Imposter Chansey from tearing through the team if it copies Gyardos post Mega Evolution, and also prevents at least one attempt to revenge kill Mega Gyarados.
I decided on Magic Coat in the last moveslot to allow this team to deal with Deoxys-Speed more easily as Stealth Rocks will wear Gyarados down, meaning that it only has limited switchins. Keeping the Wonder Guard core alive is key for dealing with Deoxys. It also bounces back any attempts of Whirlwinding Gyarados out.

:xy/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Iron Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Lava Plume
- Freeze-Dry

Yet another top tier offensive Wonder Guard finds itself on this team. The use of Judgment allows for Self-imposterproofing while still hitting opposing Fairy-type Wonder Guards Super-effectively. Notably STAB is overlooked on this set to leave room for maximum coverage.

Shell Smash is the best boosting move for Xerneas. It lets it 6-0 teams using common Wonder Guard cores, like the combination of Mega Scizor and Swampert, after using it only once or twice.
Judgement is used in tandem with Iron Plate to hit Mega Audino and Chansey that has transformed into Xerneas.
Lava Plume deals with Mega Scizor and Mega Beedril, along with the Steel-types that resists Judgment.
Freeze Dry allows for Xerneas to hit Mega Swampert, Primal Kyogre, Gyarados, Ludicolo and more.

:xy/gengar-mega:
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Copycat
- Dark Void
- Destiny Bond

With its impressive Speed tier and Special Attack stat, Mega Gengar is yet another top tier pick. Judgment paired with Spooky Plate is Gengar’s best Ghost-type STAB option, effortlessly OHKOing Mega Slowbro and 2hkoing Giratina. Despite being Prankster I opted for a Timid Nature to be able to speed tie with Mega Mewtwo X. Could be Lum Berry, you never know when it might come in useful.

Judgment as, mentioned before, is turned Ghost-type this time by the Spooky Plate. This lets it threaten Magic Bounce Giratina and Mega Slowbro which the team otherwise struggles to break.
Copycat lets Mega Gengar revenge kill any non Wonder Guard setup sweepers such as opposing Mega Gengar, Special Arceus and Mega Latios.
If the last move used is an undesirable pick, Dark Void will let you have a turn to click Judgment instead of being helpless. I chose this over Spore as it bypasses safety Goggles and has the second best accuracy of the sleep moves.
Destiny Bond is a last resort. If a Mold Breaker sweeper gets out of hand or chansey transforms into Regigigas then Mega Gengar will sacrifice itself for the greater good of the team

Shadow Sneak setup sweepers or Huge Power Pokemon. If they have a strong secondary STAB or (if Huge Power) moves to hit Gyarados and Xerneas they can seriously mess you up.

Scarf Mega Mewtwo X. If this catches you by surprise you might just end up losing Mega Metagross.

Thank you all for reading. Have a nice day!

Edit: Implemented some of Ransei’s suggestions. Thank you! I also improved the grammar throughout the RMT.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Nice team you got there, I see many of your replays were against ArcticBreezeX trying to use my (admittedly outdated) teams :[

Well anyway, I have a couple suggestions to start off from here.

:sm/regigigas:
Regigigas @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows

Mold Breaker Regigigas is great and is capable of destroying mostly anything after it sets up but I don't believe there's much of a need for Extreme Speed if it's Shell Smashing anyway. It'll still be faster than mostly anything. One of the most notorious things about Regigigas as a sweeper is its ability to imposterproof itself.

As a result I'd like to suggest running Frustration/Return > Extreme Speed.

Frustration/Return gives Regigigas a chance to mess with Imposter Chansey by forcing lower BP into it. Most Imposter Chansey are going to run 255 Happiness not thinking about this Regigigas so if you were to give it Frustration for example, the BP for Imposter Chansey's Frustration will become 1 and there's nothing it can do with its STAB.

Assuming you do want to self-imposterproof your Regigigas it'd also be nice for you to run Shadow Claw > Thousand Arrows.

Normal + Ghost coverage remains unresisted by almost everything but the main Pokemon that do resist it (Bisharp, Mega Tyranitar) can very easily be threatened by several other members on your team (Mega Mewtwo X, Mega Metagross, Xerneas)

:sm/metagross-mega:
Metagross-Mega @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Sacred Fire
- Leaf Blade
- U-turn

I feel with Xerneas already having Freeze Dry for Mega Swampert and Regigigas being able to hit Swampert with a powerful unresisted STAB move anyway Leaf Blade doesn't seem very much needed here. One thing Scarf Huge Powers may really want however is the ability to punish Wonder Guards they cannot beat. Huge Powers can't hit everything but with Trick in addition to Scarf they're able to severely hinder the opposing Wonder Guards they can't do anything much against. Mega Scizor and Genesect especially hate it since they can't act as support while protect themselves from Fire-type moves with Powder at the same time. Clerics would also get busted by this but this particular team doesn't use specific hazards or status moves to harm them.

Trick > Leaf Blade for these reasons

:sm/gyarados:
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Knock Off
- Water Shuriken
- Magic Coat

This set is really dangerous and difficult to use without the move Substitute since just as one of your replays show, its biggest weakness is Imposter Chansey. Gyarados's goal is to set up and risk losing Wonder Guard in order to Mega Evolve into a Mold Breaker and sweep. If Chansey transforms into it while it's already mega evolved, chances are it could end the game right there. I think just as with the Regigigas priority isn't necessary for this Shell Smash Gyarados. It's likely going to be taking a non super effective attack before setting up anyway so there isn't much of a need for it to revenge kill.

My suggestion here is that you run Substitute > Water Shuriken for the safety of your team and this Gyarados.

:sm/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Iron Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Lava Plume
- Freeze-Dry

Another thing about your Gyarados is, if it's going to be a Wonder Guard trying to prevent Deoxys-Speed from sweeping with No Guard there will have to be a defogger somewhere. Gyarados is weak to Stealth Rock and can get taken down pretty quickly by it since your team doesn't have any defoggers or wish users. This Xerneas set is already good as it is but your team already runs numerous moves from other Pokemon that break Steel-types. Mega Mewtwo X has Thousand Arrows for most Steel-types, the same Mega Mewtwo X also has Drain Punch STAB for most Steel-types, and Mega Metagross has Sacred Fire for Mega Scizor and Genesect if the Scizor and/or Genesect tries to spam Powder you can punish them with Trick too, which is nice. If all else fails you can use Regigigas or even your Gyarados to eventually threaten those specific Steel-types.

In this case, Defog > Lava Plume so that your Gyarados is able to protect your team for as long as it could while still being HO.

That's all I can say for now. I'll come back if I see anything else that could be changed or discover one of my suggestions to be off balance.

Here is the revised Regigigas HO team:
https://pokepast.es/4718ec78bad67f9f

Lemme know if you or anyone else have any questions or concerns regarding these suggestions as well. I think it's my first time doing this and I kinda rushed through this post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)