Tournament Gen 7 Random Battles Open - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Co-hosted by LoSconosciuto, and Syrinix. Approved by Irpachuza.

Logo by Clementine.

Welcome to Round 3 of the first annual Gen 7 Open! This tournament is your chance to showcase your skills in Gen 7 Random Battles, in a single elimination best-of-3 series (best-of-5, quarterfinals onward).

This tournament is part of our ongoing Rands Slam circuit. Stay tuned after this tour for news about the next one!

The winner of the Gen 7 Open will receive the Room Prize Winner rank in the Random Battles room for a month, be inducted into the Randbats Hall of Fame, and be awarded points for the Rands Slam. The winner of the Slam Playoffs Round will get a Smogon banner for a full year, along with a month-long Room Prize Winner rank and joinphrase.

How does this tour work?

It’s simple:
1. Contact your opponent on their Smogon wall and decide on a time to battle.
2. Battle each other in the format “[Gen 7] Random Battle”.
3. The first player to 2 wins advances to the next round.

Please note:

1. All scheduling attempts MUST be done publicly on Smogon Walls. No other proof of communication will count for act calls regarding scheduling attempts.
2. You MUST post replays of your wins.

We strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with the Smogon Tournament Rules and General Guidelines, if you haven’t already. If you have further questions, don’t hesitate to contact the tour hosts, Syrinix or myself here on Smogon.

ROUND 3:

memedose46  vs  SkilledHaunter
Shiny_Raptorch  vs  Sparzza
za  vs  Lrogue
deepSeas  vs  Adaptation
Trefleuh  vs NTgamer
LoSconosciuto  vs  Yes or no my dude
Crunchman  vs  snorlax142857
skimmythegod  vs  Wearth
Winner of (LordST vs Dagdan B.)  vs  Lady Writer
OOz!?  vs  Fragments
Revenge Killer  vs  Zygarde12
Bem  vs  deftinwolf
Rage  vs  Rhmsitb
pokemonkani  vs  Exi0022
RSB  vs  RandomPopplio
Casual dot exe  vs  SabaMed
Skeliton Lord  vs  bruhizy
Cureja  vs  Ciro napoli
Emboar02  vs  DanDaMan99
drakonium  vs  Sliceofbread96
Tarrembeau  vs  Dragonillis
R1C3M4N  vs  Michielleus
mammalu  vs  Goblin
cripwalk on sunday  vs  WolfgangHawk
Archapegasi  vs  Infinite Misery
Winner of (bnm vs pokepenguin7 )  vs  Giga-Chandélure
Alpha Rabbit  vs  snowyayyyyy
draxmariner  vs  LufLuffy
DeinoDNA  vs  PartMan
javitu  vs  MOHAMEDALL
Endersteve  vs  txitxas
Dorron  vs  Panty&Stockings
shnen  vs  mathfreak231
Forsh  vs  smokedak
dmbros  vs  Hierophang
Wigglytuff  vs  greengye
Grandmaster7890  vs  NerdOKing
arcexofficial  vs  aditya2006
$GMUNNAY$  vs  Tails72
Jessalyn Ouellette  vs  Lalaya
greenchops  vs  Elgino
Fakee  vs  BirdMan007
Chains of Markov  vs  Andy Snype
Goro Yagami  vs  Mayank213
neycwang  vs  pppppp
teresbahji  vs  Alpha1013
Clementine  vs  SlobberyDisc191
Xiri  vs  Wubben
Mr. Uncompetitive  vs  Not Miyan
I love Bagon  vs  pokeblade101
Yonis_  vs  Jordy004
Autistic Soviet  vs  at_thomas1
uhtopl  vs  henguinie
El químico del pueblucho  vs  mocrokiller2
soTsoT  vs  PermaSnow
Axzel  vs  Petros
zioziotrip  vs  fujitive
MuSt4TT  vs  benJAMIN
Ruby.  vs  DarkGoldShadow
Estuardo19  vs  PowerOfMemes
ZebstrikemDown  vs  tob
KeepItUpDrake  vs  Blui
Piapia  vs  Akboss13
Khon Edan  vs ajhockeystar

THE DEADLINE TO COMPLETE YOUR MATCHES IS SUNDAY MAY 8TH, @ 11:59 PM GMT.

Last edited:

eva

lavender haze
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
PS Admin
Can someone give me an idea why my opponent was given the activity win? Was there a mix up? I was the one who called activity….check my oppo from R2s wall….I would like to still be in this tour and play please, thanks

Hi, we've reviewed your attempts at scheduling with your round 2 opponent and we've collectively decided to give them the activity win instead. We've come to this decision based on the following:

1. You and your opponent ended up trying to play on the weekend (Saturday/Sunday). You've made no reasonable attempts at providing your opponent with a time period that both of you were available to show up and play on during those days. Instead, you've attempted to schedule on a "play right now" basis or within a short time frame (20-30 minutes in this case). This does not give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to respond and agree to play during said times.

2. You've mentioned that you were "free all day" on the weekend. Your opponent made a reasonable attempt to schedule with you twice, which you rejected. We understand if you were unable to play during the times that your opponent offered to play, but an extension could have been requested instead.

Overall, we found your scheduling attempts to be poor compared to your round 2 opponent. Please take this into consideration if you decide to join future Rands Slam tours. If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me.

Have a nice day.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi, we've reviewed your attempts at scheduling with your round 2 opponent and we've collectively decided to give them the activity win instead. We've come to this decision based on the following:

1. You and your opponent ended up trying to play on the weekend (Saturday/Sunday). You've made no reasonable attempts at providing your opponent with a time period that both of you were available to show up and play on during those days. Instead, you've attempted to schedule on a "play right now" basis or within a short time frame (20-30 minutes in this case). This does not give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to respond and agree to play during said times.

2. You've mentioned that you were "free all day" on the weekend. Your opponent made a reasonable attempt to schedule with you twice, which you rejected. We understand if you were unable to play during the times that your opponent offered to play, but an extension could have been requested instead.

Overall, we found your scheduling attempts to be poor compared to your round 2 opponent. Please take this into consideration if you decide to join future Rands Slam tours. If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me.

Have a nice day.
TeamCharm has retained me, the most prominent public defender in the city of Random Battles, to contest this decision.

Whether to award an activity win is not based on who did the better job scheduling; it is a determination of who is at significant fault for the series not being completed. This can be seen with cases such as xray vs Luigi from SPL XII (which I hosted), where one side was only available during weekdays and the other was only available during the weekend. Despite there being a higher raw number of days available from the weekdays side, we (the hosts) determined that neither party was at significantly more/less fault for the game not being completed, and so a forced substitution could not be justified. We ruled the series as a double substitution. The analogous adjudication for individual tournaments, such as Generation 7 (Seven) Random Battles Open, is a coinflip or an extension.

While your assessment that TeamCharm's opponent "Infinite Misery" is not at significant fault for the series being uncompleted is correct given the facts and logic, we argue that the opposite, that TeamCharm is at significant fault, is both untrue and a key factor to awarding activity win to Infinite Misery. In no situation should proposing a time less than 24 hours before said time count as a legitimate attempt to schedule; we all have things to be doing and things that come up that take precedence over mons, especially if said mons is only being brought up on short notice. With that element nullified in your assessment, what the situation comes down to is both sides not scheduling well in advance and failing to complete the series because of it.

Given these facts and logic, we request that the activity win be rescinded, an extension granted, and both sides be instructed to schedule properly to get the series done or justification for an activity win properly established.

Thanks,
Wigglytuff

TeamCharm has retained me, the most prominent public defender in the city of Random Battles, to contest this decision.

Whether to award an activity win is not based on who did the better job scheduling; it is a determination of who is at significant fault for the series not being completed. This can be seen with cases such as xray vs Luigi from SPL XII (which I hosted), where one side was only available during weekdays and the other was only available during the weekend. Despite there being a higher raw number of days available from the weekdays side, we (the hosts) determined that neither party was at significantly more/less fault for the game not being completed, and so a forced substitution could not be justified. We ruled the series as a double substitution. The analogous adjudication for individual tournaments, such as Generation 7 (Seven) Random Battles Open, is a coinflip or an extension.

While your assessment that TeamCharm's opponent "Infinite Misery" is not at significant fault for the series being uncompleted is correct given the facts and logic, we argue that the opposite, that TeamCharm is at significant fault, is both untrue and a key factor to awarding activity win to Infinite Misery. In no situation should proposing a time less than 24 hours before said time count as a legitimate attempt to schedule; we all have things to be doing and things that come up that take precedence over mons, especially if said mons is only being brought up on short notice. With that element nullified in your assessment, what the situation comes down to is both sides not scheduling well in advance and failing to complete the series because of it.

Given these facts and logic, we request that the activity win be rescinded, an extension granted, and both sides be instructed to schedule properly to get the series done or justification for an activity win properly established.

Thanks,
Wigglytuff
I object judge! Hearsay!!!

swinubfan44

formerly TeamCharm

Have a nice day.
Dude gave me a time when I was gone after I had already called act for him not responding to me all day but okay guess I’m at fault here!

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Community Leader
Any further posts, insults, memes, spamming, randomly tagging administrators that have nothing to do with the matter, calling out and/or insulting the hosts (in public or privately) again will be penalized. You had your chance to properly appeal the matter and we considered the extension, but the hosts along the circuit hosting team deemed that TeamCharm was the one that showed poor intentions of getting the match done, along with attempting to fish a totally invalid act call, so the activity win to their opponent was granted instead. The activity call will stay. And I repeat, any further attack to the hosting team will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)