Pet Mod [Gen 8] Perfect Galar

Pokemon Name: Raichu
Role: Special Sweeper, Defog Deterrent / Punisher
Stat Changes (If Any): 80 / 90 / 65 / 90 / 80 / 110 (+20 HP, +10 Defense)
Ability Changes (If Any): +Competitive
Movepool Changes (If Any): None
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Raichu now gets better bulk so it can set up Nasty Plot much more easily. Competitive gives it a secondary role in punishing Defog and Intimidate users by giving Raichu an instant Nasty Plot boost. Raichu also has good matchups in general against Defog users so it could definitely make good use of its ability.

Pokemon Name: Vespiquen :vespiquen:
Role: Defensive Trapsetter
Stat Changes (If Any): -10 to Sp. Atk, +10 to Def
Ability Changes (If Any): Pressure/Prankster (Prankster is HA)
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Spikes, Sticky Web
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Vespiquen has great defenses, good abilities in Pressure and the New Prankster to make up for its speed. It can use U-Turn to pivot, Aromatherapy to heal party of statuses, Spikes and Toxic Spikes for Damage, and Sticky Web to bring Pokemon to it's level of speed.

Pokemon Name: Dubwool :dubwool:
Role: Abuser of Baton Pass to boost a Sweeper's Defenses and Subsitute passing
Stat Changes (If Any): +10 to Defense, +20 to Sp. Def, +10 Speed
Ability Changes (If Any): Steadfast/Fluffy/Bulletproof
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Amnesia, Cotton Spore
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: With Dubwool's New Base 98 Speed and good Defensive Stats, It can boost stats with Amensia, Cotton Guard, and even Swords Dance. It also has Subsitute for stalling. It can Baton Pass Defenses and Attack Boosts onto a Fast Sweeper to take down an opponent.

Pokemon Name: Maractus :maractus:
Role: Special Sun/Sandstorm Sweeper
Stat Changes (If Any): +10 Sp. Atk, -10 Atk, +10 to Defenses (BST 481)
Ability Changes (If Any): Chlorophyll/Sand Rush/Storm Drain
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Earth Power, Sandstorm, Scorching Sands
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Maractus is able to fit into Sandstrom teams for Water Coverage, or Sun Teams for Fire/Ground Coverage, or even Rain for Electric Coverage. It shines in Sun, with Solar Beam, Synthesis, the new Earth Power, and Weather Ball for a Fire Base 100 BP move. With a Healthy 116 Sp. Atk, 77 in Defenses, and okay 60 Speed, but with Sand Rush or Chlorophyll, its scary.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Pokemon Name: Wailord
Role: Water Spout spamming [Mini Kyogre]
Stat Changes (If Any): 185 (+15) / 90 / 45 / 110 (+20) / 45 / 60 [BST: 535]
Ability Changes (If Any): -Pressure, +Drizzle
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: With the strongest rain-boosted moves of the non-Uber Drizzle setters, Wailord differentiates itself from Pelipper and Politoed with a nuclear Water Spout (Modest Specs Rain-boosted Water Spout can 2HKO Chansey). This gives Rain teams an incredible option that demands respect, as even resists like Ferrothorn can't deal with this power. While this seems like another Dracovish, this is balanced by Wailord's lacking bulk and reliance on its HP, as it has no recovery options. Coupled with its low speed, Wailord will often have to take hits before retaliating, which weakens the power of Water Spout.

Pokemon Name: Glaceon
Role: Bulky Special Attacker
Stat Changes: None
Ability Changes: -Snow Cloak, +Slush Rush
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Earth Power, Aura Sphere
What Sets It Apart: Slush Rush users, so far, are physical, so this immediately gives Glaceon a distinct role. Nasty Plot gives it a method of boosting and augments its special attacking abilities, especially when coupled with its two new move additions to finally give it coverage. Nasty Plot also gives it an independent way of boosting should it go without Hail support.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pokemon Name: Dubwool :dubwool:
Role: Defensive Tank
Stat Changes (If Any): -10 Speed, +10 to Sp. Def
Ability Changes (If Any): Steadfast/Bulletproof/Fur Coat
Fur Coat is now 1.5x Defense, instead of 2x
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Amnesia
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Now with a useful ability replacing Fluffy, Boosted Sp. Def from its weirdly high Speed Stat, It can take a hit from most Fighting Moves, then Cotton Guard/Amnesia Spam depending on whether opponents are using Physical or Special moves, then Body Press to victory.
I think your Vespiquen and Maractus subs are cool, but this is a bit more iffy. I just really don't think it's much better than the original, if anything in some aspects it's worse like with the lower speed tier and Fur Coat not being as good VS certain things as Fluffy, as well as negatively affecting Persian-Alola, a mon who really doesn't need a nerf. My suggestion is to keep to Fluffy and give Dubwool more substantial buffs, whether to stats or movepool

I dunno... This feels like too radical of a change up from their original roles as immunity-based hazard setters/attackers on their respective sides of the spectrum. Giving a Moon-based Pokemon Drizzle is a pretty big stretch and Solrock getting both Sacred Fire and Pyro Ball seems weird and arbitrary especially considering you didn't give Lunatone anywhere near as good/rare moves. I'd advise reconsidering this submission a bit
I see what you mean. Regardless, I never took away its role as a floating rocker. I just added new ones. Still, no more Rain and Sun.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
1605477670710.png

So, tier shifts recently came out. If you feel like it you can also do mods for the following mons now:

-Boltund
-Crustle
-Cursola
-Glaceon
-Lapras
-Leafeon
-Manectric
-Mr. Rime
-Stunfisk

Because of this I'll slightly extend subs to Tuesday/Wednesday

Manectric
GASP
okay I think you know how I feel about this

Pokémon name: :manectric: Manectric
Role: Offensive Pivot / Revenger
Stat Changes: 70 HP / 75 Attack / 80 Defense (+20) / 105 Special Attack / 60 Special Defense / 125 Speed (+20) || 515 BST
(small note: this only had 120 Speed when you approved it on the Discord, but I bumped it up by 5 as I was writing the description - if that's not okay with you, it can totally go back down!! just let me know and I'll fix it! I don't think there's much in Galar that falls between the two anyway, so it's definitely not important to be that high if you don't like that XP)

Ability Changes:
Intimidate (replacing Static)
Lightning Rod​
Minus (Hidden) - Lowers the Special Defense of all adjacent Pokémon on entering battle.​
Movepool Changes: none

What sets this Pokémon apart from ones with similar roles?
There are a couple of things!!

A big one is the choice between Intimidate and Minus. Intimidate is a fairly conventional pivoting Ability that's surprisingly not on any fast pivots in Perfect Galar as far as I can tell, and it's something that works super well for Mega Manectric, which was the main inspiration for this buff, by granting it defensive utility and letting it pivot in and out more safely than most.
The buffed Minus is less conventional (you might recognize it as Mega Toxtricity's Contaminate from Megamax if you've played that! but Manectric here plays pretty differently regardless) - it may not necessarily be as safe, because it doesn't create switch-in opportunities for you and doesn't reliably increase your damage when your opponent is likely to switch out either way, but as a revenger with naturally high Speed, Manectric really appreciates the extra offensive pressure it can exert with Minus and can force Pokémon to switch out that wouldn't lose to it normally.
I'm actually really curious to see which Ability ends up used more! I think both of them have merits - the defensive utility afforded by Intimidate is more reliable and comes in handy for a pivot, but the offensive pressure of Minus definitely makes it pose more of a threat as a revenger despite being relatively easy to play around otherwise - and I'm optimistic that it will really appreciate having both options.

Also working in its favor is its access to Overheat - a powerful coverage move that pairs well with Electric and helps a ton against certain Ground- and Grass-types that would otherwise be comfortable switch-ins, like Excadrill and Ferrothorn.
Manectric also has access to Switcheroo, which is always really fun to have on Choiced sets and can help it to cripple whatever Pokémon could normally come in safely on it (especially when it's only weak to one type and nearly every team naturally has immunities to that tyo
On non-Choiced sets, one could also make a case for Magnet Rise of all things - I know it isn't the best move and would probably not be your first choice to put on a set if you're just fighting on ladder or something, but having a Magnet Rise faster than anything that runs Ground-type moves in this meta can be valuable if you have a specific threat in mind! It's worked for me in the past when I needed it.

Finally, the biggest Manectric buff of all is Urshifu-SS losing access to Sucker Punch!
I forgot it had that once. Never again.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
:cursola:
Pokemon Name: Cursola
Role: Special Wallbreaker, Special Wall
Stat Changes (If Any): 85 (+25) / 50 (swapped with Def) / 95 (swapped with Atk) / 145 / 130 / 30 (535 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): Regenerator | Perish Body
Movepool Changes (If Any): + Focus Blast*, + Psyshock, + Thunder Wave
*Focus Blast: Accuracy is now 85% instead of 70%. Dunno if Focus Blast is already buffed but how nobody touched that yet?
What sets this Pokémon apart from ones with similar roles?: In addition to access of Focus Blast that punishes Dark-type and Steel-type, Cursola have a much better physical bulk and overall bulk, alongside Regenerator, allowing it to do Special Walling or even Wallbreaking after setting up with Calm Mind. A Ghost-type special wall with recovery is a true rarity, if not non-existent, among Ghost-type, and Galarian Corsola had shown to suffer from new toy syndrome as well.

:mr.-rime:
Pokemon Name: Mr. Rime
Role: Hazard Cleaner, Set-Up Wallbreaker / Sweeper
Stat Changes (If Any): 80 / 75 (-10) / 75 / 110 / 100 / 95 (+35) (535 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): Tangled Feet / Screen Cleaner | Ice Body
Movepool Changes (If Any): None (Focus Blast buff applies here too though).
What sets this Pokémon apart from ones with similar roles?: An Ice-type hazard cleaner is already possible thanks to Heavy-Duty Boots, but Mr. Rime's 70 Speed just isn't cutting it, being a master of none because of that. With a much more respectable 95 base speed (complementing Rapid Spin further), this allows Mr. Rime to threaten Mandibuzz, Pelipper, Rotom-Wash, Gyarados, Hippowdon, Goodra (to an extent), and Kommo-o, and after a Rapid Spin, this will also include Haxorus, Hydreigon, and Gengar as long as those three doesn't use a Choice Scarf. Focus Blast buff allows it to clear off Steel-type and Dark-type foes with more acceptable accuracy (85%).

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
:cursola:
Pokemon Name: Cursola
Role: Special Wallbreaker, Special Wall
Stat Changes (If Any): 85 (+25) / 50 (swapped with Def) / 95 (swapped with Atk) / 145 / 130 / 30 (535 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): Regenerator | Perish Body
Movepool Changes (If Any): + Focus Blast*, + Psyshock, + Thunder Wave
*Focus Blast: Accuracy is now 85% instead of 70%. Dunno if Focus Blast is already buffed but how nobody touched that yet?
What sets this Pokémon apart from ones with similar roles?: In addition to access of Focus Blast that punishes Dark-type and Steel-type, Cursola have a much better physical bulk and overall bulk, alongside Regenerator, allowing it to do Special Walling or even Wallbreaking after setting up with Calm Mind. A Ghost-type special wall with recovery is a true rarity, if not non-existent, among Ghost-type, and Galarian Corsola had shown to suffer from new toy syndrome as well.

:mr.-rime:
Pokemon Name: Mr. Rime
Role: Hazard Cleaner, Set-Up Wallbreaker / Sweeper
Stat Changes (If Any): 80 / 75 (-10) / 75 / 110 / 100 / 95 (+35) (535 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): Tangled Feet / Screen Cleaner | Ice Body
Movepool Changes (If Any): None (Focus Blast buff applies here too though).
What sets this Pokémon apart from ones with similar roles?: An Ice-type hazard cleaner is already possible thanks to Heavy-Duty Boots, but Mr. Rime's 70 Speed just isn't cutting it, being a master of none because of that. With a much more respectable 95 base speed (complementing Rapid Spin further), this allows Mr. Rime to threaten Mandibuzz, Buzzwole, Scarf-less Landorus-T (and one Scarfed too after a Rapid Spin), Nidoking, Dragonite, Tapu Fini, Pelipper, and the likes, or in UU, Rotom-Wash, Tapu Bulu, Gyarados, Primarina, Hippowdon, and Kommo-o. Focus Blast buff allows it to clear off Steel-type and Dark-type foes with a more acceptable accuracy (85%).
Wouldn't giving Mr. Rime an extra 35 speed put it at 105? Or did you only mean to add 25? Also you don't gotta worry about the post-DLC Pokemon, other than the ones added in the Border Patrol slates those don't exist

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Wouldn't giving Mr. Rime an extra 35 speed put it at 105? Or did you only mean to add 25? Also you don't gotta worry about the post-DLC Pokemon, other than the ones added in the Border Patrol slates those don't exist
It was meant to be +25, also I'll remove the post-DLC Pokémon from being mentioned.

I do both Cursola and Mr. Rime because both are Regional Evolutions that have awkward stat distribution (or just another slow Ice-type in Mr. Rime's case), and their untiered ranking really shows why this is such a problem for them.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok pals, it's voting time! Remember, up to 2 SVs, 5 votes in total.

My Rapidash-Galar (SV)
TheUltraFinder's Vespiquen
Hematite's Manectric
Samtendo09's Cursola
Samtendo09's Mr. Rime

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
STOP THE COUNT

Due to lack of votes as of Wednesday and the time that's passed imma close this now. Say hello to my Rapidash-Galar and Hematite's Manectric as first place winners and The UltraFinder's Vespiquen, Samtendo09's Cursola and MegaFlareon's Raichu as the second place winners!

Yung Dramps' Rapidash-Galar 4
Hematite's Manectric 4

TheUltraFinder's Vespiquen 3
Samtendo09's Cursola 3
MegaFlareon's Raichu 3

Yung Dramps' Shedinja 2
Ema's Wailord 2
Samtendo09's Mr. Rime 2

TheUltraFinder's Maractus 1
EmaSkye's Glaceon 1

Anywho now for another slate, which will be going back to a more self-contained theme

Slate #11: Legends of Galar

So we've done a few modifications to Legendaries already, but there's still a few more we can do.

Back in Slate 9, I said base Calyrex wouldn't be receiving any modifications as it was "intended to be bad". Since then I've reconsidered a bit, it could be an interesting subject for a slate since my creative juices are expent in regards to what to do with it. Unlike other legendaries I will allow you to raise its BST: The limit is 550. Just remember Celebi exists, so yeah good luck.

Prior to SWSH's release a lot of people were floating around this idea and I decided "Hey, why not make it a reality": More specifically, nerfing the base forms of Zacian and Zamazenta to be usable in OU. Also unlike other legendaries you can change the BST, more specifically nerfing them: I'll set 600-620 BST as the target range.

Good luck and have fun m80s

Pokemon Name: Zacian
Role: Swords Dance sweeper, Choice Scarfer
Stat Changes (If Any): 77 (-15) / 130 / 95 (-20) / 100 (+20) / 85 (-30) / 123 (-15) (610 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): Intrepid Sword - Will only activate if it switches in to replace a dead ally.
Movepool Changes (If Any): haha that Close Combat and Psychic coverage is going to brazil
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: I mean, this is still insanely fast for the power level, and 130 attack is quite strong for what it wants to do. Unfortunately, it's no longer as bulky, so good luck trying to find setup opportunities, and Choice Scarf sets die big time if they can't net a KO. That being said 77/95/85 defenses are still decent enough so that it can live at least one hit, and its coverage is still decent enough to do shit.

Pokemon Name: Zamazenta
Role: Choice Band user, Choice Scarfer, Howl Sweeper (if you really wanted to)
Stat Changes (If Any): 92 / 130 / 115 / 80 / 85 (-30) / 108 (-25) (610 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): Dauntless Shield - Will only activate if it switches in after an allied pokemon has died.
Movepool Changes (If Any): you should know what I'll say here lmao
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Likewise, what this lacks in speed it more than makes up for in physical bulk. While this time it relies on having a pokemon dying for its ability to take place, when that ability does activate, trying to kill this with a physical attack is near impossible. Oh yeah, I also forgot that this still has a good attack stat and a decent enough speed tier to outspeed most stuff. Just... make sure you don't expose this to a special attack.

Last edited:
:ss/zamazenta:
Zamazenta
Stats:
92/115/130/80/130/58 (615)
Ability Changes: Dauntless Shield - Stamina Clone, but raises the lower defensive stat (After stat changes)
New Moves: Body Press, Life Dew
Changed Moves: Giga Impact - 150 Power, 85 accuracy, no recharge, but recoil is 30%. Based of of higher Defense

:ss/zacian:
Zacian
Stats:
92/130/115/80/68/120 (615)
Ability Changes: Intrepid Sword: This pokemon takes x2 damage from hazards, but has an attack boost for how much damage it took. (25% = +1, 50% = +2, 75% = 3, 100% = +4) It can't use the +4 boost, but still...
New Moves: None
Changed Moves: Hyper Beam - 150 Power, 85 accuracy, no recharge, but recoil is 30%. Based off of higher Attack

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
:ss/zamazenta:
Zamazenta
Stats:
92/115/130/80/130/58 (615)
Ability Changes: Dauntless Shield - Stamina Clone, but raises the lower defensive stat (After stat changes)
New Moves: Body Press
Changed Moves: Giga Impact - 150 Power, 85 accuracy, no recharge, but recoil is 30%. Based of of higher Defense

Zacian
Stats:
Ability Changes: Intrepid Sword: Guts Clone
New Moves: None
Changed Moves: Hyper Beam - 150 Power, 85 accuracy, no recharge, but recoil is 30%. Based off of higher Attack
So are you gonna chop down the distribution on that buffed Giga Impact and Hyper Beam? Because those seem utterly absurd on many Normal attackers

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Urshifu makes 550 BST work like a charm. So I think Carylex should be able to do it too.

1606194719418.png

Pokemon Name: Calyrex
Role: Choice Specs Breaker, Calm Mind Sweeper
Stat Changes (If Any): 100 / 60 / 63 / 130 / 97 / 100 [550 BST] (See any similarities?)
Ability Changes (If Any): Unnerve* - Consumes every berry on the field.
Movepool Changes (If Any): Blizzard, Hex, Thunder Wave, Teleport, King's Shield
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Well the first thing is first, its stat spread outside of HP and Speed are very different from Celebi. It can take a hit on the special side fine, but it may not be able to live a physical hit. Outspeeding Single Strike Ursh was important to me, so it isn't forced out immediately, and well Specs Leaf Storm stings. Its still hardwalled by stuff like Corviknight, though ig it can screw it iver with TWave. Consider Blizzard a Focus M8ss for Mandibuzz - nothing uses Blizzard and its cool to see it in action.

1606196162703.png

Role: Swords Dance Breaker, Choice Scarfer, Mixed Work Up
Stat Changes (If Any): 82 / 120 / 85 / 110 / 95 / 98 [600 BST]
Ability Changes (If Any): None.
Movepool Changes (If Any):
+Mystical Fire, +Roar And most importantly....
I'm taking away your Close Combat, for good.
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?
: Physically inclined Fairy type is always pretty rare to see, so my main idea was to how to make a Fairy Type with 600 BST and Intrepid Sword OU worthy. So firstly, I axed Close Combat. Lets face it, +1 Close Combat was way too strong of a coverage option for it to fire off at any time. Relying on Sacred Sword not only makes it much easier to handle, but makes for nice flavour reference too. Choiced sets and SD sets are largely the same, but because I needed an anti dump stat for the 600 BST, why not make make Zacian a breaker on both ends? I give, Mixed Zacian, similarly to what Silvallies run in lower tiers, thanks to the built in +1 Atk, we can always consistently hit hard on both sides!

1606198061291.png

Role: Offensive Tank, Choice Band
Stat Changes (If Any): 82 / 110 / 120 / 70 / 110 / 108 [600 BST]
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Body Press, +Stealth Rock, +Roar
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Zamazenta is a weird mon. But fun weird! I never got the idea that Zamazenta was a raw wall, but more offensive tank, so I customized its stats so that while its primarily a thicc Pokémon, its not a slog on offensive teams! Body Press being the STAB of choice makes defense investment all more important, and having Stealth Rock gives you a reason to actually carry this on your team. I've still fully understand exactly WHAT this mon can do, but just know its a pretty annoying mon for offensive teams to face, strangely like how Zacian is a pain for Balance!

Last edited:
so did literally everyone forget that this is a Dynamax format or

Pokémon name: :zamazenta: Zamazenta
Role
: Anti-Dynamax Wall
Stat Changes: 92 HP / 90 Attack (-40) / 115 Defense / 80 Special Attack / 115 Special Defense / 108 Speed (-30) || 600 BST
Ability Changes:
Dauntless Shield - Ignores the stat changes of Pokémon that have Dynamaxed in the same battle.​
Movepool Changes:
+ Behemoth Bash - Fighting-type, -3 priority; during the turn of use (works like Beak Blast), halves the power of Max Moves and removes their secondary effects. (Does not double in power against Dynamaxed opponents any more.)
+ Body Press​
+ Haze​
+ Healing Wish​
+ Moonlight​

What sets this Pokémon apart from others with similar roles?

Dauntless Shield is like a more limited Unaware that works only for Pokémon that have Dynamaxed or Gigantamaxed (whether it's already ended or not! Perfect Galar keeps track of that as it is, so this is totally doable - pretty sure I can even code it myself if needed!). This is relevant because one of the main benefits of Dynamaxing is being able to set up stat boosts and snowball easily; confidently walling those Pokémon during or after their setup can be super valuable!

That said, its only recovery in Moonlight (wolf flavor - it gets Moonblast already, so why not this?) is reliant on the weather being clear or sunny, and there are three types of Max Move that prevent this (pretty sure at least Max Geyser and Max Rockfall are among the more common ones!), so it needs an efficient way to neutralize a Dynamaxed threat without relying on walling it indefinitely. Haze (Slumbering Weald flavor, and just look at the Mysterious Being fight!) is an effective solution to this problem - it can pretty easily come in and clear their boosts safely thanks to Dauntless Shield, so it can still undermine a Dynamaxer's setup more reliably than most Pokémon without necessarily having to win the 1v1 itself.

On top of that, the revised Behemoth Bash, while it's likely worse than Body Press in terms of raw damage and has the drawback of decreased priority as an attacking move, is a totally unique defensive tool that helps it specifically with stalling Dynamax turns. Behemoth Bash helps Zamazenta survive the three turns it needs against Dynamaxed and Gigantamaxed foes and prevent them from setting up stat boosts, terrains or weathers, cementing it as the ultimate anti-Dynamax wall while (importantly) not really helping it against anything else.

I gave it Body Press because Zamazenta has no regular Fighting STAB that it likes so far and does have Iron Defense, but it's important to have in mind that - with Dauntless Shield being completely changed and Zamazenta not having a free +1 Defense - this is no scarier on Zamazenta than it is on something like Kommo-o (which also gets Iron Defense Body Press and has a higher base Defense), and with the Attack reduction and no Attack boosting, it isn't really getting much out of coverage moves, either. This is not a sweeper or a breaker - it just needs a way not to be completely passive, haha.

Zamazenta's main role is dealing with Dynamax, which only happens a single time in a battle, and I like the idea of emphasizing a more supportive angle for it rather than having it countersweep or anything afterwards. With only four moveslots, Zamazenta can't fit all of the tools it needs to neutralize opposing Dynamax and also all of the tools a Pokémon needs to function as a wall, and it doesn't really have what it needs to be a lasting presence defensively even then. With that in mind, Healing Wish is probably one of its most valuable options, offering an effective way to offer one last bit of support to its team when its job is done.

---

Pokémon name: :zacian: Zacian
Role
: Anti-Dynamax Revenger / Wallbreaker
Stat Changes: 92 HP / 130 Attack / 95 Defense (-20) / 80 Special Attack / 95 Special Defense (-20) / 108 Speed (-30) || 600 BST
Ability Changes:
Intrepid Sword - When attacking, always lands a critical hit against Pokémon that have Dynamaxed in the same battle.​
Movepool Changes:
+ Behemoth Blade - Fairy-type, +1 priority; now a regular 40 BP priority move. (Does not double in power against Dynamaxed opponents any more.)
- Psychic Fangs​
- Psycho Cut​

What sets this Pokémon apart from others with similar roles?

It's now much tamer as a setup sweeper for lack of a straight damage-boosting Ability, and its loss of coverage leaves it wallable by Poison-types, which resist its STAB and its strongest coverage moves. That said, its high Attack and Speed and its niche as a rare Fairy-type physical sweeper have to count for something - especially now that it has priority of a unique type in Behemoth Blade.
Intrepid Sword works similarly to the reworked Dauntless Shield: it fully bypasses any way opposing Dynamaxes might mitigate its damage (Attack drops and Defense buffs) and lets it punish and revenge them both during and after their three turns of Dynamax, which is a unique niche like Zamazenta's and plays to Zacian's gimmick of being the anti-Dynamax Pokémon in canon.

There's a bit less to explain here than with Zamazenta, because the changes are less unusual and it doesn't need many new moves like Zamazenta did to accomplish its new role.
Statwise, it vaguely mirrors Terrakion as a Swords Dance breaker, but it comes with the notable drawbacks of being single-typed (offensive Pokémon never really appreciate that) and having worse coverage and somewhat weaker STAB moves. In return, it reaps the benefits of that type being mono Fairy specifically - probably the best one type to have in the game - and having a unique STAB priority move, plus the obvious anti-Dynamax gimmick.
Mine keeps Close Combat, but it doesn't keep Intrepid Sword, so I think it's okay!

---

I may be back with a Behemoth Brain later - I definitely think there are more interesting things to do with it than Game Freak did! Just have to figure out what XP
Thaaat said...

Zacian
Stats:
Ability Changes: Intrepid Sword: Guts Clone
Hi, uh, can I suggest nerfing this a lot?
It may help to look at the stats of any other Pokémon with Guts for comparison - the only one with a Speed stat anywhere close to this is Swellow, whose base Attack is a mere 85, and... actually, everything with more Attack than Swellow is down to 85 Speed or less instead.
I don't know that you need to go quite as low as the rest of them, but I really don't think it's a good idea to introduce a Guts user with stats like this, let alone with Zacian's entire movepool attached - it's a way stronger Ability than I think you realize, haha.

Stat Changes (If Any): 77 (-15) / 130 / 95 (-20) / 100 (+20) / 85 (-30) / 123 (-15) (610 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): Intrepid Sword - Is now reworked to be a Moxie clone.
Movepool Changes (If Any): do I look stupid to you?
This does also seem uh
pretty
extreme? to me
That's a very high Speed tier for a Moxie sweeper (I know some of the others have Dragon Dance, so it might not be a fair comparison, but nothing else goes above base 100), especially, again, with a movepool like Zacian's that has pretty much everything it could want. Something like Spectrier is making waves in OU with what looks like ridiculously bad and easily wallable coverage, and this is almost on its level in raw stats but has a much better attacking type and a movepool with much better coverage as well. Spectrier itself was nerfed and lost its Moxie clone before being added to Perfect Galar - shouldn't this be, like, a lot worse than it if you're not seriously gutting its movepool?

Edit: I left out something important on Zamazenta's list of move additions, oops
and then it had six of them, which felt excessive, so I dropped something that was hopefully slightly less important

Edit 2: also worded my response to War Incarnate more constructively, because I can see why that wouldn't be obvious - sorry about that;;

Last edited:
Zacian
Stats:
90(-2)/120(-10)/115/80/90(-25)/118(-20) (BST: 613)
Move Changes: Behemoth Blade: Now a Steel-type Low Kick clone. Will work on Dynamax targets, however, the damage will stay the same.
Movepool Changes: -Close Combat, -Wild Charge, -Crunch, -Smart Strike, +X-Scissor
Ability Changes: Intrepid Sword: Boosts the power of cutting or slashing moves by 1.2x. This includes Slash, Cut, Fury Cutter, X-Scissor, Behemoth Blade, Air Slash, Psycho Cut, Solar Blade, Smart Strike, Air Cutter, Sacred Sword, Secret Sword, Aerial Ace, Breaking Swipe, Brutal Swing, Brick Break, Dual Chop, False Swipe, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, Razor Leaf, and Razor Wind.
Description: WIP

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
View attachment 293863
Role: Offensive Tank, Choice Band
Stat Changes (If Any): 82 / 110 / 120 / 70 / 110 / 108 [600 BST]
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Body Press, +Stealth Rock, +Roar
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Zamazenta is a weird mon. But fun weird! I never got the idea that Zamazenta was a raw wall, but more offensive tank, so I customized its stats so that while its primarily a thicc Pokémon, its not a slog on offensive teams! Body Press being the STAB of choice makes defense investment all more important, and having Stealth Rock gives you a reason to actually carry this on your team. I've still fully understand exactly WHAT this mon can do, but just know its a pretty annoying mon for offensive teams to face, strangely like how Zacian is a pain for Balance!
+1 252+ Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Typeless Mew: 204-240 (59.8 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zamazenta Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Typeless Mew: 175-207 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 STAB body press is quite potent- Being able to heavily threaten offense and still be bulky as hell (easily 2HKOes stuff like Rillaboom) is a bit on the spooky side.

anyways:

Role: Offensive Pivot, Special Wallbreaker, Stallbreaker, Defensive Pivot
Stats: 100 / 80 / 80 / 105 / 105 / 80 (550 BST)
Ability Changes: Unnerve | Deposed- When this pokemon enters the field, opposing pokemon have all non-HP stats lowered by 1 stage.
Movepool Changes: +Teleport, +Frost Breath, +Sleep Powder, +Stun Spore, Poison Powder, +Moonlight, +Taunt, King's Shield
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Calyrex is bad. The typing is thoroughly mediocre and the movepool is nothing to write home about. A 50 point boost, short of extreme min-maxing, also wouldn't help much in terms of letting this guy make progress. So I decided to focus on the ability instead, giving it a signature ability that lets opponents experience having stats as shitty as Calyrex's! Effectively, though, the ability functions as a momentum generator for Calyrex, allowing it to beat most opponents in a 1v1 and therefore forcing a switch. After a switch, though, it's not really threatening- 105 Special Attack with Grass/Psychic/Ice coverage is not a hard combination to handle. A subseed set could be utilized to harass switch-ins, or cripple checks with status. Teleport is another way to easily capitalize off of the stat drops and Moonlight gives (mediocre) recovery. It is a pivot like Celebi but the utility it brings is notably different.

Kings Shield for flavor and subseed shenanigans

1606198061291.png

Role: Fight Type Wall with low offensive presence, Body Press Abuser
Stat Changes (If Any): 92/90/130/70/120/108 [610 BST]
Move Changes: Behemoth Bash - Throat Chop clone.
Movepool Changes: -Psychic Fangs, -Wild Charge, -Howl, -Work Up +Body Press, +Stealth Rock, -Iron Tail
Ability Change: None... yet.
Description: This Pokemon has Cresselia's problem of amazing defenses but less than 100 offenses. Granted, this thing gets a really strong Body Press but its coverage doesn't give it a ghost of a chance to win. That which has prevented Ghost horse from immediate OU ban will be here too, but worse because Fight moves on top of the ghost immunity have 6 resists, and flying and fairy type mons are kinda common. It still doesn't even have much healing and its best coverage moves are Dark, steel and Fairy. Unlike Cress, this thing has no support movepool, just Stealth Rocks, and can't even use any of the heal or wish based moves to finish its walling streak. Granted, it's not that slow, so I guess once you get rid of all the fight and steel resists you can start setting up Defense to go to town. At least it gets SR now but that's all some 4MSS: do you take Behemoth Bash for fairy coverage, Crunch for Psychic/Ghosts? Stealth Rocks to set up on physical walls? Ya gotta have Body Press, can't skip that. Do I have room for Iron Defense boost?

1606196162703.png

Role: Attacker
Stat Changes (If Any): 108/120/70/90/130/92 [610 BST]
Ability Changes (If Any): None... yet
Move Changes: Behemoth Blade - User cuts thrice, power now 30 and accuracy now 95.
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Mystical Fire, -Close Combat, -Psychic Fangs, -Wild Charge,
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: As a physical attacker, Zacian is a Fairy hard hitter by far but 92 speed isn't very good. In fact it's outrunnable and while 108/70 aren't the worst physical defenses, and in fact 130 SpDef if fantastic, it can get worn down by burns and toxic and its Coverage is trash. Steel isn't the best with Fairy, since Sacred Sword does the same coverage but gets stopped by Poisons. Crunch is cool enough, but doesn't likely have enough SEs hits. The Elemental Fangs are an option. Going mixed you have... Air Slash and Mystical Fire and Focys Miss.

Zacian can patch speed with Agility, but you likely have no room for that AND Work Up so make sure all the stoppers to your sweep are gone before you get started.

1606194719418.png

Role: Defensive Grass Wall, Prankster Grass Support
Stat Changes (If Any): 130/60/120/60/120/60 (550)
Ability Changes: Thick Fat (Prankster)
Movepool Changes: +Parting Shot, +Healing Wish, +Taunt
Any moves listed are NOT available to Rider form if possible unless they learn them already
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: So sure this might remind you of a grounded, water and electric resistant version of a better Cresselia, and you MIGHT be right, but you're not. In fact, it has no offensive capacity worth noting and despite the defenses, Grass/Psychic is an AWFUL defensive type and if you want to truly be annoying, you will be weak to fire and ice once more. U-Turn is common and wears it down endlessly, and no direct healing sucks hard Life Dew so be ready to Seed and Parting Shot away or Healing Wish when you have no use. It doesn't even get GOOD grass support like Strength Sap or Powders because I certainly didn't just delete them right before posting. It can sit there on the right mon but all mons tend to have some sort of coverage for it.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
+1 252+ Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Typeless Mew: 204-240 (59.8 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zamazenta Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Typeless Mew: 175-207 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 STAB body press is quite potent- Being able to heavily threaten offense and still be bulky as hell (easily 2HKOes stuff like Rillaboom) is a bit on the spooky side.

anyways:

Role: Offensive Pivot, Special Wallbreaker, Stallbreaker, Defensive Pivot
Stats: 100 / 80 / 80 / 105 / 105 / 80 (550 BST)
Ability Changes: Unnerve | Deposed- When this pokemon enters the field, opposing pokemon have all non-HP stats lowered by 1 stage.
Movepool Changes: +Teleport, +Frost Breath, +Sleep Powder, +Stun Spore, Poison Powder, +Moonlight, +Taunt, King's Shield
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Calyrex is bad. The typing is thoroughly mediocre and the movepool is nothing to write home about. A 50 point boost, short of extreme min-maxing, also wouldn't help much in terms of letting this guy make progress. So I decided to focus on the ability instead, giving it a signature ability that lets opponents experience having stats as shitty as Calyrex's! Effectively, though, the ability functions as a momentum generator for Calyrex, allowing it to beat most opponents in a 1v1 and therefore forcing a switch. After a switch, though, it's not really threatening- 105 Special Attack with Grass/Psychic/Ice coverage is not a hard combination to handle. A subseed set could be utilized to harass switch-ins, or cripple checks with status. Teleport is another way to easily capitalize off of the stat drops and Moonlight gives (mediocre) recovery. It is a pivot like Celebi but the utility it brings is notably different.

Kings Shield for flavor and subseed shenanigans
I'm sorry, but custom elements aren't allowed off the bat, with Calyrex not having shown to be a situation so hopeless that we eventually have to resort to that. Even with that aside Deposed's effect strikes me as pretty absurd and not something I or others would wanna mess around with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)