Pet Mod [Gen 8] Perfect Galar

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I'm sorry, but custom elements aren't allowed off the bat, with Calyrex not having shown to be a situation so hopeless that we eventually have to resort to that. Even with that aside Deposed's effect strikes me as pretty absurd and not something I or others would wanna mess around with.
I thought customs were allowed in any situation? Or is it only move specific or something?

Regardless switch-in abilities have been shown in the past to not be nearly as good on practice as in paper (see contaminate), something with plentiful switch-ins like Calyrex will not be abusing this ability to broken ends. and calyrex do be zu low tier tho sounds pretty hopeless to me esp when celebi exists and also sucks

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I thought customs were allowed in any situation? Or is it only move specific or something?

Regardless switch-in abilities have been shown in the past to not be nearly as good on practice as in paper (see contaminate), something with plentiful switch-ins like Calyrex will not be abusing this ability to broken ends. and calyrex do be zu low tier tho sounds pretty hopeless to me esp when celebi exists and also sucks
Custom Elements: In the interest of accessibility, the introduction of custom abilities, items and moves will be kept to a minimum. Instead, we will try to buff pre-existing stuff to the best of our ability, keeping their original purpose in mind (eg no turning ring target into a blank special attack buffer).
Pokemon-Exclusive Traits: I have already stated my intention to avoid custom elements as much as possible. However, in extenuating circumstances where a Pokemon cannot be given an interesting, valuable role with these restrictions in mind even after multiple revisions, they may be given exclusive buffs. These could come in multiple ways, more specifically custom Gigantamax forms, exclusive items and abilities.
Basically, customs are treated as something to be used as a last resort if we just can't make a Pokemon unique and interesting to use no matter how hard we try.

Gotta be honest, this whole Calyrex/Celebi debacle has made me consider getting rid of transfer-exclusive Pokemon in additions to the bans on DLC Pokemon already in place: This would mainly mean eliminating the transfer-only Mythicals such as Mew and Zeraora from the meta with the exception of Melmetal. It would be more in keeping with the theme of the mod and would make the usable Pokemon list a bit more streamlined and less confusing (At that point it would be just "the original Galar dex + the Pokemon allowed via the Border Patrol slates".) What do you guys think of this idea?

Ema Skye

Work!
Pokemon Name: Zacian
Role: Fairy-type physical sweeper and anti-Dynamax
Stat Changes (If Any): 92 HP / 130 Atk / 90 Def / 80 SpA / 90 SpD / 118 Spe [600 BST]
Ability Changes (If Any): Intrepid Sword - Doubles damage against Dynamax Pokemon
Movepool Changes (If Any): Loses Close Combat, Psychic Fangs, Psycho Cut and Wild Charge
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Physical fairies are a rarity outside of Azumarill and Grimmsnarl (who doesn't really use his Fairy moves), so this immediately gives Zacian something cool. It's BST reduction went mostly into its bulk, and it's now more in-line with other OU Pokemon. It is struggling for coverage though, as it lacks a way of breaking through Poison-types and, without Close Combat, none of its moves break 90 BP.

Pokemon Name: Zamazenta
Role: Bulky Fighting-type pivot and anti-Dynamax
Stat Changes: 92 HP / 100 Atk / 115 Def / 80 SpA / 115 SpD / 98 Spe [600 BST]
Ability Changes (If Any): Dauntless Shield - halves damage from Max moves
Movepool Changes (If Any): Loses Psychic Fangs
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: The bulk makes it an alternative to Conkeldurr, who might still be better due to access to Drain Punch. But I think the more apt comparison is Scrafty, as they share Def and SpD stats. Zamazenta, in comparison, has higher Atk and Spe, but lacks any of Scrafty's boosting moves (such as Dragon Dance) and access to Moxie. Zamazenta still only has Howl to boost, and doesn't have much coverage.

Pokemon Name: Calyrex
Role: Field-control and anti-Dynamax
Stat Changes (If Any): 100 / 50 / 100 / 70 / 100 / 100 [550 BST]
Ability Changes (If Any): +Curious Medicine (acts as full Haze instead of only player's side)
Movepool Changes (If Any): Defog, Wish, Teleport [none of these can go to the Rider forms]
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Going offensive isn't viable here, so Calyrex takes full support. Curious Medicine removes stat changes from Dynamax upon entry, making it a solid pivot. Teleport and Wish support this as well, helping it generate momentum after halting the opponent's, and we all know how good Teleport + Future Sight is. Defog mostly just gives it another thing to do when on the field by removing hazards and terrains.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok, voting time! You can go with earl's Calyrex if you really wanna.

Because of the nature of this slate vote like this:

Zacian: 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice
Zamazenta: 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice
Calyrex: 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice

Here's mine:
Zacian: Hematite, Ema Skye, sharpen42
Zamazenta: Hematite, Ema Skye, sharpen42
Calyrex: G-Luke, Dilasc, Ema Skye

I accidentally deleted the post, I'm sorry I was just gonna edit it, can I send it again?

:ss/zacian:
Pokemon Name: Zacian
Role: mixed sweeper, offensive unpredictability
Stat Changes: 90 / 120 / 90 / 120 / 70 / 110 (600 BST)
Ability Changes: Intrepid Sword (Boosts both Atk and SpA by +1 [, but works just once like Disguise]) | Defiant
Movepool Changes: +Moonlight, [Misty Terrain,] Secret Sword, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, Psychic, Psyshock [, Calm Mind, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor]
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: It's a mixed sweeper with different coverage in base of the offensive side you choose.

:ss/zamazenta:
Pokemon Name: Zamazenta
Role: tank, defensive setup sweeper
Stat Changes: 90 / 110 / 120 / 70 / 120 / 90 (600 BST)
Ability Changes: Dauntless Shield (Boosts both Def and SpD by +1 [, but works just once like Disguise]) | Intimidate
Movepool Changes: +Body Press, Cross Chop, Bulk Up, [Coaching,] Taunt, Wide Guard, Quick Guard [, Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Earthquake]
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Can really work as an enhanced version of Hitmontop, but still inflict huge damage thanks to BP and setup

EDIT: text between brackets '[ ]' is what I was gonna edit the post with, I can exclude it if you want.

Last edited:
Zacian: Ema Skye, me, woworiginal
Zamazenta: Ema Skye, me, ChoiceScarfed
Calyrex: Dilasc, earl

Would Z&Z have been too strong if I gave them Moxie and Stamina as HA? Because it's what they were gonna get.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Zacian
Hematite 16
Ema Skye 7
G-Luke 7
Sharpen42 6
woworiginal 2

Zamazenta
Hematite 16
G-Luke 7
Sharpen42 6
Ema Skye 6
ChoiceScarfed 1

Calyrex
G-Luke 12
Dilasc 11
Ema Skye 9
earl 5

Congrats to Hematite winning for the dogs and G-Luke winning for Calyrex!

Gonna take a bit of a break before the next announcement. Discuss what's looking hot to you rn

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I think Zarude shound get more buffs. Knock Off alone isnt gonna make that mon viable. I am not advocating for crazy stuff like Swords Dance, but like Sucker Punch, some additional coverage and a means of not being stone walled by Fairy types no matter the occasion definitely would go a long way for this mon's success. Like you gotta remember it essentially lacks an ability slot, so you can probably get away with being slightly more forgiving with move pool additions. And with the additions of the danger doggos (and 2 out of 3 Galarian Birds), who spectacularly shit on this mmon's alr fringe viability, it's just gonna end up in a worse position than it is in base OU (worse since with the JH mod iit loses its ability to functionally check Ghost Horse).

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

I think Zarude shound get more buffs. Knock Off alone isnt gonna make that mon viable. I am not advocating for crazy stuff like Swords Dance, but like Sucker Punch, some additional coverage and a means of not being stone walled by Fairy types no matter the occasion definitely would go a long way for this mon's success. Like you gotta remember it essentially lacks an ability slot, so you can probably get away with being slightly more forgiving with move pool additions. And with the additions of the danger doggos (and 2 out of 3 Galarian Birds), who spectacularly shit on this mmon's alr fringe viability, it's just gonna end up in a worse position than it is in base OU (worse since with the JH mod iit loses its ability to functionally check Ghost Horse).
It's worth noting that we aren't trying to make every last available Pokemon OU VR contenders: We just want to give them all unique niches by expanding their tools such that anything can be really viable in some form if you try hard enough, kinda like CFM.

Speaking of unique niches...

Slate #12: Obsoleted
This slate is specifically for the Pokemon with the absolute worst cases of being outclassed by stronger threats with no positive unique qualities whatsoever.

Here are your eligible Pokemon:

Even though the GMax form has more going for it, Machamp on its own is still thoroughly outclassed by Conkeldurr.

Outclassed by every other Sun user under the uhh... Sun that has been introduced since Gen 4, even in our restricted format it has nothing over Bellossom and Venusaur.

A notoriously terrible Pokemon that had at least a signature move in Fire Lash until Centiskorch stole that too.

A totally inferior Urshifu-S, weaker, slower and frailer with very little going for it comparatively.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
hmm we seem to be getting off to a slow start, let me throw my hat into the ring

Pokemon Name: Machamp
Role: No Guard abusing physical attacker
Stat Changes: 90 / 130 / 80 / 55 (Swapped with Spe) / 85 / 65 (Swapped with SpA) (505 BST)
Movepool Changes:
+Gunk Shot, Power Whip
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?:
While it can still theoretically run Guts sets, Machamp has more majorly been "brought back to its roots" by being given extra tools to make better use of No Guard, keeping it distinct from Conkeldurr. It also has a better speed tier as well as Knock Off access, which the construction mon lost because of Knock Off returning to Pre-Home distribution.

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Cherrim is a Pokemon that's interested me a ton. I'm not sure if this is out of scope or too drastic, but here's my idea...

:ss/cherrim: :ss/cherrim-sunshine:
Pokemon Name: Cherrim
Role: A sun abuser that gets the absolute most out of Flower Gift, but remains weak without it.
Stat Changes (If Any): Sunshine Form has new stats: 70/40/80/107/88/105 (490 BST, -20 Atk, +10 Def/SpD, 20 SpA/Spe)
Ability Changes (If Any): Flower Gift now boosts SpA and SpD by 1.3x. SpA replaces Atk, which for some reason, was what Cherrim gained originally. Considering this is a Singles metagame, it makes more sense for Cherrim to selfishly benefit from its own ability.
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?:
My idea here is to make Cherrim pose a significant threat under Sun and properly benefit from its ability, but remain weak outside of it. Under Sun it essentially gets a Life Orb boost, a small boost to special bulk, and a nice Speed Tier. Its movepool is actually fine; Weather Ball and Solar Beam are all it really needs, but it can dip into Pollen Puff and Dazzling Gleam if it needs to. These changes are quite drastic, but the objective is achieved: Cherrim becomes an extremely unique Pokemon with high payoff should the team play to its needs. Considering it's extremely weak out of Sun, doesn't remove Toxic Spikes, has a somewhat limited offensive movepool and isn't gaining Speed, it doesn't end up outclassing Venusaur and Vileplume either.

Open to criticism.

Pokemon Name: Pangoro
Role: Bulky SD Sweeper
Stat Changes (If Any): 95 / 129 (+5) / 98 (+20) / 59 (-10) / 91 (+20) / 68 (+10)
Ability Changes (If Any): -Mold Breaker, +Defiant
Movepool Changes (If Any): +Wicked Blow (Which really fits pangoro, tbh)
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: With a great attack stat, great defenses and HP, Pangoro can set up, the sweeping will begin. Notify me if Wicked Blow is too op.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)