SubSeeder/Lead

Abomasnow@Leftovers
Ability-Snow Warning
-Wood Hammer
-Blizzard
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

Evs 252 HP/ 172 Def/ 84 Spd

I'm using Abomasnow because, to start with, he is neccesary in any decent OU hail team with his Snow Warning ability for nearly infinite hail (any T-Tar counters anyone?) and as this is a Hail Stall team so SubSeeding is a good idea. The Evs are like that for maximum stalling time as the opponent gets hurt by hail. I have 2 STAB attacks, Wood Hammer and Blizzard. Blizzard because it is one of the most powerful Ice moves, made even better in Hail, and Wood Hammer, again one of the most powerful Grass moves, and the recoil is made up for with Leftovers

Wall and Stall

Walrein@ Leftovers
Ability-Ice Body
-Ice Beam
-Substitute
-Protect
-Toxic
Evs 220 HP/ 232 Def/ 56 Spd

The basic Stallrein set. As long as you keep using Substitute and Protect, you can stall for ages, killing about 2 of the opposing Pokemon just due to Hail. Ice Body and Leftovers heal 12% of Walrein's HP each turn in the hail. The Evs once again are for maximum stalling time.

Sweeper

Rotom@ Life Orb
Ability-Levitate
-Blizzard
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split
Evs 252 Sp.Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP

Rotom-F no longer gets hurt in the hail thanks to its new Ice typing, making him great for my team. He has a variety of different typed moves and pretty high speed making him an excellent sweeper for my hail team. The 2 main attacking moves are Blizzard and Thunderbolt, which work very well together. I have added Will-O-Wisp to help against Roost/Swords Dance Scizor after Delko reccomended it to me.

Tyranitar Counter/ Rapid Spinner

Hitmontop@ Life Orb
Ability-Intimidate
-Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge
-Low Sweep
-Foresight
Evs 252 HP/ 4 Attack/ 252 Defence

Hitmontop is in my team thanks to Delko & TheMasterOfOz reccomending it to me. Rapid Spin is to blow away Stealth Rock as a lot of my team are weak to it. Stone Edge to take care of Flying Types, Foresight to power them up and Low Sweep as a main attack and lowwer the opponent's Speed stat.

Annoyer

Mandibuzz@Leftovers
Ability-Overcoat
-Toxic
-Taunt
-Brave Bird
-Roost
Evs 248 HP/ 56 Def/ 204 Sp.Def

Mandibuzz's Ability, Overcoat, protects her from hail, making her a good candidate for my team. She tries to mess up the opponent's strategy by Taunting and using Toxic. Roost in case she runs low on HP and Brave Bird as an attacking move.

Stallbreaker

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Ability-Poison Heal
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Toxic
-Taunt
Evs 252 HP/ 72 Speed/ 184 Def

I suppose Gliscor could act as my team's Stallbreaker with Taunt to stop Protect and Substitute ruining my plans. Also, the Toxic Orb/Poison Heal combo heals any hail damage and Ice Fang to take care of Dragons. And obviously a STAB Earthquake needs to get in there somewhere as his primary attacking option.

Well, thats it. Please don't comment saying things like (Example) Mandibuzz sucks! Instead say Mandibuzz could be replaced by Swampert. Remember that's just an example. Any T-Tar counters other than Machamp will be appreciated

Hi

Nice Hail team you got here, but I got a few suggestions.

First of all, Hail teams must have a Rapid Spinner. 4/6th of your team takes 25% damage from Stealth Rocks every time they switch in. This can (easily) be fixed by running a Hitmontop instead of Machamp. Hitmontop still hits fairly hard on the physical side but unlike Machamp it also gets Rapid Spin, Hitmontop also makes a pretty good counter for Tyranitar cause Intimidate. A moveset of Rapid Spin / Low Sweep / Stone Edge / Foresight, Impish nature and an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def will be prefect. Close Combat can be used instead of Low Sweep if you don't mind the Def drop.

You team also has problems with countering strong special attacks like Latios, Reuniclus etc. You also don't have a Stealth Rock user although that extra residual is really appreciated. To fix both these problems you could try to run Jirachi over Mandibuzz. The specially defensive Jirachi set would be a huge asset to your team, being able to fix both the aformentioned problems. A moveset of Wish / Stealth Rock / Body Slam / Iron Head will suffice. Jirachi can also provide Wish support for the rest of your team, so you can keep them in good health.

You're also a bit weak to Sword Dance + Roost Scizor. You could give Rotom-F Will-o-Wisp instead of Hidden Power [Fighting] to help with this. And you can even change it to the Washer form if you find Heatran or other Fire types to be difficult to handle otherwise.
I also suggest a slightly different EV spread on Gliscor. In order for him to take on physical threats even better a spread of 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe is preferred. You can bump his Speed EV's to 80 though if you desire. Lastly, Baton Pass (SmashPass) team can also be annoying for you so you could try to run Roar on Wallrein.

Hope these suggestions helped and good luck with the team!

PS. You haven't listed any natures so I assumed they are standard ones.

Blizzard is a bit of a waste on Walrein, although it can make up for the lack of SAtk at times. Since Walrein is meant to last on the battlefield and PP stall if necessary, Blizzard's 8 PP is less than ideal for the task when facing something like Zapdos for instance. Surf or Ice Beam have more PP and provide better staying power for Walrein, along with giving slightly more reliability if Hail is taken away and you need that one kill.

From what I can tel you cannot take Latias or Latios with Soul Dew, you don't have anything to switch into them. CM Latias walls your entire team or KOs them anyways, I suggest finding a good check for it.

From what I can tel you cannot take Latias or Latios with Soul Dew, you don't have anything to switch into them. CM Latias walls your entire team or KOs them anyways, I suggest finding a good check for it.
Soul Dew is only allowed in dream world...and I don't think this is for dream world. Also, is there a reason Rotom-F only has 3 moves? And I agree with Delko about the hitmontop and gliscor.

He accidentally deleted it I guess but Rotom-F's 4th move is Pain Split.
Oh, that's what I figured it would be. Also, on Abomasnow, try running Focus Punch over Wood Hammer, as it can not only destroy Tyranitar, but hit Heatran and Magnezone as well. Also, maybe run Surf on Walrein over Blizzard? Surf has higher PP, and would let you hit Steel types neutrally/super effectively (in the case of pokemon like excadrill)

You must not see the tag at the top that says Dream World, then.
That's not a tag. It's the link to a category within the RMT section. Clicking on it takes you to Dream World RMTs. If it is a Dream world RMT, it will be put in that section and say so in the topic.

i am not sure which pokemon to take off but i thunk toxic spikes could help your team a lot. it makes walrein so much better at stalling. maye try this
252hp/252speed
timid
leftovers
bold
liquid ooze
toxic spikes
rapid sin
scald
ice beam
bold nature
this guy not only provided toxic spikes but also rapid spin which your team isnt really weak to. he is fast and bulky enough to usually lay down 2 layers of toxic spikes

i am not sure which pokemon to take off but i thunk toxic spikes could help your team a lot. it makes walrein so much better at stalling. maye try this
252hp/252speed
timid
leftovers
bold
liquid ooze
toxic spikes
rapid sin
scald
ice beam
bold nature
this guy not only provided toxic spikes but also rapid spin which your team isnt really weak to. he is fast and bulky enough to usually lay down 2 layers of toxic spikes
Do you mean Tentacruel because you never mentioned what pokemon?

Just wondering, why does Hitmontop have Life Orb? It's more of a wall than a sweeper, I would just give it Leftovers in order to increase it's survivability, which is very important in a hail team where rapid spinning is key.

Well I see you went with the HaliStall theme it's an interesting type of stall. Etherway i suggest you put a revenge killer/scarf something guaranteed to outspd the opposing threats, also move set changed as delko reccomended and the move blizzard off walrein put something like frostbreath for longer pp stall plus with the 100% crit it helps getting out of tight spots.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)