Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay so we've found out HP ranges for this thing. So we can probably get a read on the defense of the 10% form if it's able to tank a Dragon Claw from Garchomp. I'll try to calc it I guess.

Jesus that music gave me fits. There were *so* many points where I thought it was gonna segue into another theme and it didn't. Couldn't begin to count how many parallels there were! I hope it's deliberate, and not derivative. Remixes are cool, and standalone themes are great, but music aping other music for the sake of a theme doesn't leave much of a good impression.

Okay, counting them: the falling notes at the intro. Probably pretty common in a lot of themes across several regions. Would appreciate an example.

The baseline after the intro - something from DPPt. Gonna have to do a lot of youtubing :/

Will edit this with more later, plz add to them.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Zygarde 10% seems to have between 99 and 105 base Defense based on the two damage rolls from the two videos shown today. It took 102 and 120 damage respectively from presumably the same Garchomp's Dragon Claw, which is only possible with that range of Defense. This is of course assuming a 0/0 neutral Garchomp, but that seems like a pretty safe bet.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something that I noticed that may shed some light on the mechanics of the form change:

In the official Japanese trailer, Zygarde 10% takes 120 damage, leaving it with 5/125 HP. When it transforms into Perfect Form, it has 167/287 HP. So it had its max HP -120.

In the low quality one, Zygarde 10% takes 102 damage, leaving it with 23/125 HP. When it transforms into Perfect Form, it has 185/287 HP. So it had its max HP -102.

So when it transforms to Perfect Form, it increases its HP drastically, but retains the amount of damage it already took.

It would make sense if the forms are progressively better at activating the "super ability":
Zygarde Core activates under 1-5% (?)
Zygarde 10% activates under 10%
Zygarde 50% activates under 50%

The video definitely shows Zygarde 10% having less than 10% HP after taking Dragon Claw.
I would prefer Zygarde 10% to be some kind of second form for Zygarde from XY like Shaymin/Skymin. And in combat he just goes from 10% to 100% after the ability is triggered.

phoopes

I did it again
It would make sense if the forms are progressively better at activating the "super ability":
Zygarde Core activates under 1-5% (?)
Zygarde 10% activates under 10%
Zygarde 50% activates under 50%

The video definitely shows Zygarde 10% having less than 10% HP after taking Dragon Claw.
In the video from Taiwan, it activates the transformation at 23/125, meaning that this isn't the case. Neat idea though, I feel like 50% form activating the transformation at less than 50% would be hella cool competitively.

Seeing the trainer present on the battlefield at all times is very cool!
Makes me convinced Synchro is gonna be a thing...

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Something that I noticed that may shed some light on the mechanics of the form change:

In the official Japanese trailer, Zygarde 10% takes 120 damage, leaving it with 5/125 HP. When it transforms into Perfect Form, it has 167/287 HP. So it had its max HP -120.

In the low quality one, Zygarde 10% takes 102 damage, leaving it with 23/125 HP. When it transforms into Perfect Form, it has 185/287 HP. So it had its max HP -102.

So when it transforms to Perfect Form, it increases its HP drastically, but retains the amount of damage it already took.
So the damage is subtracted, instead of multiplied by a percentage?

Zygarde 10% gets hit by something super effective and takes alot of damage...
Weakness Policy activates and Zygarde 10% is at +2 (Special) Attack stats...
Zygarde 10% transforms to Zygarde Perfect, gets alot of HP and becomes healthy again...
Now you have a healthy +2 +2 Zygarde Perfect.
Good luck. Have fun.

(EDIT: Belly Drum + Sitrus Berry/Salac Berry could be fun too. Hypothetically... lol)

Last edited:
Zygarde 10% gets hit by something super effective and takes alot of damage...
Weakness Policy activates and Zygarde 10% is at +2 (Special) Attack stats...
Zygarde 10% transforms to Zygarde Perfect, gets alot of HP and becomes healthy again...
Now you have a healthy +2 +2 Zygarde Perfect.
Good luck. Have fun.
The only problem I see is that, with 10%'s horrible HP, I don't find it likely that it can survive a reasonably strong super-effective attack.

I think a set of Core Enforcer/Thousand Arrows/DD/Sub could work out fine if Z-10% has good enough Speed, and Core Punisher is physical. Speaking of which, Dragon/T-Arrows is only resisted by Whimscott atm (I doubt Bug/Fairy would be a thing in Ubers), so I'm sure it'll be able to sweep.

Last edited:
I think a set of Core Punisher/Thousand Arrows/DD/Sub could work out fine if Z-10% has good enough Speed, and Core Punisher is physical. Speaking of which, Dragon/T-Arrows is only resisted by Whimscott atm (I doubt Bug/Fairy would be a thing in Ubers), so I'm sure it'll be able to sweep.
I do wonder if sub will activate the ability...

Reactions: JES

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, this is some pretty crazy stuff to wake up to! Seems like I missed a lot while blasting through the new Kirby game...

Anyways, now I'm wondering if Thousand Arrows / Thousand Waves are still a thing. Looking at the animation for Zygarde 10% transforming into Zygarde Complete, maybe they're actually Zygarde Core's moves, summoning a bunch of Zygarde Cells?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow, this is some pretty crazy stuff to wake up to! Seems like I missed a lot while blasting through the new Kirby game...

Anyways, now I'm wondering if Thousand Arrows / Thousand Waves are still a thing. Looking at the animation for Zygarde 10% transforming into Zygarde Complete, maybe they're actually Zygarde Core's moves, summoning a bunch of Zygarde Cells?
The videos explicitly show Zygarde using both moves.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The videos explicitly show Zygarde using both moves.
Oh, I guess I didn't recognize them because I've never seen their animation before x_x

Now for a more informed opinion: I'm really shocked that the Zygardes actually have different base HP! Since Zygarde Complete seems to restore a bunch of health after the forme change, I think thats a decent compromise, much better than how Zen Mode works at least! I hope theres a way we can just send out Zygarde Complete though.

Also people, expect more Pokemon news soon, Nintendo's E3 stream comes in 3 days!

phoopes

I did it again
Okay so obviously this one is less exact than the other calcs. But we did see Zygarde 10% using Thousands Waves and Thousand Arrows on a Metagross, so I tried to get an idea of 10% Form's Attack stat. They're both Level 50, but that's really all we know. Here are the assumptions I made:

-Both have 31 IVs across the board
-Both have 0 EVs across the board
-Both have neutral natures
-Attack does ~60% damage

If all these hold true, Zygarde 10% would have a minimum attack stat of 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)