[Gen6] CAP Role Compendium

I think that it'd be better if it was listed in order of viability - this can let less experienced players know that Ampharos-Mega isn't better than Charizard-Mega which I fell into the trap of beveling when I started

We have viability rankings for that, if they so chose to read. We can't hold someone's hand for every step along the way, plus I think alphabetically works just fine.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gothitelle and Wobbufett have been removed.

This will not be listed by order of viability because that it is not the purpose of this thread. There's no reason for me to constantly shift several hundred different sprites around to show viability when there is already a thread exactly for that purpose. Its has always said very clearly at the top its ordered alphabetically and I've also added another line to emphasize this.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I purposely left out Tailwind as the number of Pokemon that benefit from it is far larger than any other field effect; practically any Pokemon can benefit from a temporary boost in speed and any hard hitting Pokemon with a decent Speed stat can count as an abuser. Its not like Trick Room which has its abusers largely confined to low speed stats, nor is it similar to the weather effects with abusers centered around STAB moves or weather dependent abilities. As such there aren't really enough defined Tailwind "abusers" that I feel justified in dedicating an entire section to them.

I purposely left out Tailwind as the number of Pokemon that benefit from it is far larger than any other field effect; practically any Pokemon can benefit from a temporary boost in speed and any hard hitting Pokemon with a decent Speed stat can count as an abuser. Its not like Trick Room which has its abusers largely confined to low speed stats, nor is it similar to the weather effects with abusers centered around STAB moves or weather dependent abilities. As such there aren't really enough defined Tailwind "abusers" that I feel justified in dedicating an entire section to them.
Definitely see your point there, that was a reason I had thought up before typing about why tailwind isn't there. Could you possibly include just setters then? If not I understand

I think both Necturna and Dragonite should be added to Choice band.

I dont think I need to explain the reasoning, Band is by far Necturna's best item for offensive purposes and with sketch, it can access a variety of moves, such as V create and Dragon Ascent That make it hard to switch into Necturna at all.

Also, I think Cresselia should be added for screen setters as Its bulk tells its story

Double posting or else this prob won't be noticed

I think Aurumoth can go under Choice Specs as well. No Guard specs with it's movepool means trouble for most of the meta

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
CRUCIBELLE IS MY BAE

Mega Crucibelle can be added to mega Pokemon for obvious reasons

Crucibelle to Stealth Rock setters (Mold Breaker is a cool ability :] )

Both formes to U-turn

Crucibelle to Choice Scarf and Choice Band

Definately add Mega Crucibelle to other for Coil, maybe normal but I'm not too experienced and it doesn't seem to good IMO

Both to Revenge killers, Fairy and Flying checks

And that is it.

Hey, recently I've been testing Shaymin and I think that, not only is it viable enough in CAP to be added to this list, it is growing in popularity.

Shaymin is a great Water check, owing to it's Grass typing and Seed Flare.

Also, Life Orb Shaymin is great as a wallbreaker. Assuming a set with Seed Flare, Earth Power/Dazzling Gleam, and Psychic, it 2HKOes Assault Vest Colossoil, Cyclohm, Fidgit, Naviathan, Tomohawk Clefable, Garchomp, Specially Defensive Gliscor, Hoopa Unbound, Defensive Landorus, Mega Sableye, and Tyranitar. It OHKOes Krilowatt, non-Assault Vest Azumarill, non-Special Wall Hippowdon, Rotom-Wash, and Slowbro. Seed Flare's 40% chance of lowering the opponent's Special Defense by 2 stages is also very nice.

The above reasoning can probably also apply to placing Shaymin as a stallbreaker.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
cbrevan I've noticed that Hoopa-Unbound is still in the Roll Compendium. It was banned quite a while ago but this thread hasn't seen much life so I understand.

It was removed, for the most part. I only see the Choice Scarf sprite still there, though. He must have overlooked it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)