[Gen8] JPN Dittos + VGC mons + Useful Items Giveaway [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm no expert with what's good and bad with VGC as I'm a singles player but I'm pretty sure Alakazam is quite strong with Indeedee
The references for VGC are in the first post.
Pokemon that are currently being used in VGC2020. Use Pikalytics (at least 5% usage currently) or Babiri to see what is popular. If you are requesting a VGC Pokemon, post a common set and list any other TRs, EMs, or tutor moves that would be important to have.

I might as well throw this one out for a mild consideration: Sylveon. While it doesn't see as much use these days due to the prominence of Primarina and Togekiss, it's still a solid pick for Fairy type attacker and has been shown to top cut and even outright win tourneys such as the Rose Tower Open. Here's a team report on such a team. https://www.trainertower.com/goth-control-rose-tower-open-1st-place-team-analysis/
Now, as I said it doesn't see much usage these days, but I still feel it can be a good mon to add to the VGC list for those not wanting to use Togekiss or Primarina. It currently has a 1.66% usage on Pikalytics and is found on a few teams on the Top 100 ladder in Showdown according to babiri.net. As for the spread itself, I'll just provide the Rose Tower Open 1st place spread.

Sylveon (F) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Pixilate
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 188 Def / 76 SpA
Modest Nature
– Hyper Voice
– Quick Attack
– Yawn
– Protect

Make an account just want to say thank you, I've been wanting to try competitive scene but it really takes time to build good IVs, HA, etc (moreover because I'm new to this kind of stuff). This is really helped and make life much easier.

Thanks bro!

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Milo008
Why are you minimodding when I said it was fine to post underused sets? They clearly recognize it is underused, looked at the resources, and made a good argument why it should be considered (used in multiple top teams). This is fine.

What I'm discouraging is people who haven't done any research at all (e.g. they post a set that isn't relevant to VGC) or wanting a mon for completely different reasons (e.g. BSS, OU, dex completion) when I've said "VGC2020 only."

Last edited:
I might as well throw this one out for a mild consideration: Sylveon. While it doesn't see as much use these days due to the prominence of Primarina and Togekiss, it's still a solid pick for Fairy type attacker and has been shown to top cut and even outright win tourneys such as the Rose Tower Open. Here's a team report on such a team. https://www.trainertower.com/goth-control-rose-tower-open-1st-place-team-analysis/
Now, as I said it doesn't see much usage these days, but I still feel it can be a good mon to add to the VGC list for those not wanting to use Togekiss or Primarina. It currently has a 1.66% usage on Pikalytics and is found on a few teams on the Top 100 ladder in Showdown according to babiri.net. As for the spread itself, I'll just provide the Rose Tower Open 1st place spread.

Sylveon (F) @ Throat Spray
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 188 Def / 76 SpA
Modest Nature
– Hyper Voice
– Quick Attack
– Yawn
– Protect
Not gonna lie I was wanting to suggest this but didn´t because its way less popular than it used to be, I also would like to see this added.

since you have already added most or all of the > 5% usage mons, I feel that adding things like sylveon would be a good choice. I feel a mon similar to this would be a good choice, with my suggestion being magnezone. It's usage has been on the rise, moving up 12 spots on pikalytics since last month, and almost having 4% usage. it also top cutted the RTC #14 and has Topped the showdown ladder before.

Magnezone @ Weakness policy
Ability: Sturdy/Analytic (sturdy has more usage, but analytic has its merits)
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
EVs: 252 hp/ 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
-Rising Voltage
-Thunderbolt
-Body Press
-Flash Cannon

Edit: Magnezone has been banned via the series 6 rules, so this suggestion isnt really valid anymore

Last edited:

Anubis

HONK
I named the Wooloo after the pokemon i wanted but it never gave me what i asked for
There isn't enough information here to know what you did. Chances are it's working fine though and you ran into one of the problems addressed in the first post. I would suggest re-reading it and if you still have the problem, provide full details of how to replicate.

Anubis

HONK
Since we won't have stats for Series 6, where all the popular Pokemon are being banned, I'll be looking at more of the underused suggestions for the next month. If you see one that you want me to add, give it a "like" please! This helps me gauge user interest.

I might as well give Ninetales another shout-out due to the banning of Torkoal in Season 6 as it is now the only Sun setter available without needing to use a manual setter. That being said, Ninetales does have some merits worth considering when selecting it for a slot. While its high speed stat mean it will almost always lose weather wars, it also allows it to be a terrific supporter with moves such as Fake Tears and the shaky Hypnosis, both of which were used on a hyper-offense Sun team made by ColdingLight that both made top 8 in the Rose Tower Cup and Top 16 in the Champions Cup. I'll post a link to the team profile here. https://www.nimbasacitypost.com/2020/04/coldinglight-champions-cup.html Fake Tears, in particular is greatly appreciated by special attackers such as GMax-Charizard as it allows it to deal with threats that can otherwise tank its own attacks towards it. This is especially essential with the banning of Whimsicott, a better user of Fake Tears thanks to it being able to also run Tailwind and having access to Prankster. As for the spread itself, there are a variety of ways you can go about using Ninetales so for the sake of this giveaway I will leave the spread used by ColdingLight on his team.

Ninetales @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
– Overheat
– Heat Wave
– Fake Tears
– Hypnosis

Please read the first post again for requests. You still have not posted a set or any moves that are used.
Ok, sorry, I'm new, so I dont know a lot about VGC, and good movesets. You could add gigantamix, I always have 6 iv Pokémon that evolves with love, and with gigantamix you can evolve Eevee into Espeon for example in five minutes

Last edited:
Toxtricity @ Throat Spray
Ability: Punk Rock
Ev's: HP 4 / Sp. Atk 252 / Spe 252
Modest Nature
-Overdrive
-Sludge Bomb
-Taunt
-Protect

Its about to get in the 5% and with Series 6 I think It has potential

Last edited:
It seems Toxtricity has gained some popularity with the onset of Series 6, so I think a good ol' comprehensive spread is in order. At the time of writing, it has just above 4% usage which is expected to increase when September 1st rolls around:

Toxtricity-Gmax @ Magnet
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Level Up:
- Nuzzle
- Overdrive
- Boomburst
TMs:
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Eerie Impulse
- Snarl
TRs:
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
IoA Move Tutor:
- Rising Voltage

I'm justifying Magnet as the item over the more popular Choice Specs because it's not an item seen everyday in VGC, if people want the Specs they can get one from the items section of the GA. I hope some good can come of this when the next set of fresh usage stats drops! Thanks again for an amazing thread Anubis!

Submitting GMax Coalossal as expecting it to increase in usage after the win in the Players Cup today, currently 2.9%

Coalossal @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Steam Engine
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Level Up:
- Burn Up
- Ancient Power
TMs:
- Protect
- Solar Beam
- Rock Slide
TRs:
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flare Blitz
Egg Moves:
- Explosion
IoA Move Tutors:
- Meteor Beam

All Moves listed currently have at least 5% usage on Pikalytics, listed both Special and Physical moves as the mon can be ran either way based on how it is EV trained as its base stats for Atk and SP Atk are the exact same, and with the Weakness Policy makes this thing a scary thing to face down, as shown in the Players Cup

EDIT: Found out it was originally there but leaving this here as has some updated moves

Escavalier Gang rise up!!!
Escavalier @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect
This is a simple set, but it is an effective wallbreaker!

Bag of Trixx

I like to call it a passion
is a Pre-Contributor
Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Ev's: HP 4 / Sp. Atk 252 / Spe 252
Modest Nature
-Overdrive
-Sludge Bomb
-Taunt
-Protect
Pokemaster6345 Why use Choice Specs on this if you are using both Taunt and Protect? Couldn't something like Throat Spray work here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)