[Gen8] JPN Dittos + VGC mons + Useful Items Giveaway [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
My thread is open again, but I will add a few new guidelines:
  1. I will not be taking requests for legendary Pokemon for now. It takes an extraordinary amount of effort to obtain them in gen 8 with correct IVs due to the 4 IV limit, and I am only allowed to get one of each per save file, which I would be expected to give away here. I currently do not have the time/interest to work on those requests and would rather continue playing the game, especially when legendaries from this thread are already being used as trade fodder by greedy users.
  2. I will not be adding Ability Patch for now. This item seems to be very overvalued and people will farm hundreds of them like Master Ball to retrade, which would make the giveaway more difficult for most people who only want a few items.
  3. I reserve the right to permanently ban any user who farms massive numbers of items or Pokemon. While I don't care if you are getting even upwards of 100 Heavy Balls because you love Heavy Balls, the main offenders are people getting boxes of Terrakion or Porgyon-Z, for example, because nobody needs that many except to retrade. This is taking advantage of a free service and when one user hogs the bot for this, it makes the service worse for everyone else.
  4. I will continue accepting requests for non-legendary Pokemon and other items that do not include Ability Patch or Master Ball.

Last edited:
Someone's going to put this so it might as well be me: Metagross.
Reason: At this moment it is one of THE top threatening mons in the format as it sits comfortably on Pikalytics as the 4th most used mon in the current metagame. Often used for weakness policy or assault vest, it is capable of tearing holes through teams unprepared by it. It's had tremendous success topping in the VR Tundra as well as the Player's Cup II tourneys.
Set: Going to go with a general WP spread since WP seems to be the more popular strategy. Taken from MetagameVGC's Rain Sample team on their 2021 Sample set. https://www.metagamevgc.com/team-compendium/2020/10/27/vgc-2021-sword-and-shield-team-compendium

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 20 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Protect

I would like to suggest Mamoswine. It's slowly seeing some usage as an interesting counter to Landorus-T.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Protect

Thanks to the Oblivious buff, Mamo is immune to intimidate, making it a cool niche pick vs the heavy enslaught of intimidate from lando and incineroar, and punishing said intimidate users. It also can handle Eleki, amoonguss and Moltres G nicely too, and somewhat check metagross, thundurus and tornadus.

A small suggestion would be Pressure Dusclops. With irl play restrictions remaining in place for the foreseeable future, online events with open team sheets (like players cup) will likely increase. Dusclops in those would prefer Pressure, as Frisk becomes obsolete when you have the knowledge of the opposing team. (just the same dusclops as the one already there, but with pressure)

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
thank u so much for reopening this awesome giveaway!! i have one suggestion - maybe a timid ditto with 0 atk and/or perfect iv’s for everything else? i would greatly appreciate it :)

Anubis

HONK
is a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
thank u so much for reopening this awesome giveaway!! i have one suggestion - maybe a timid ditto with 0 atk and/or perfect iv’s for everything else? i would greatly appreciate it :)
I don't plan to add 0 attack DIttos for multiple natures. I already have one for Modest.

Thanks for reopening for suggestions!
I have noticed that a slow variant of togekiss is picking up in popularity, so here is a common set that you can tweak how you like
Togekiss@ aguav berry
Calm
252/0/84/0/172/0
Aura sphere
protect/dazzling gleam
yawn
follow me

My bad I didnt see the post about not accepting legends and stuff, i can understand that about it being overdone like master ball so its good. Still a very great service!

I'm naming my wooloo goldb but the bot is canceling the trade, am I writing it right?
FAQ:
  1. Is the bot working right now? (probably)
  2. Has anyone been able to trade with the bot? (probably)
  3. The bot is not working. (then try later)
  4. The bot is not matching with me. (you are smelly)
  5. The bot quit on me immediately (it didn't, you met the wrong person).
  6. The bot only gave me one trade (working as intended).
  7. I was wondering, not asking (wondering is also asking, wonder to yourself in private instead).
    DO NOT ASK THESE QUESTIONS AND REREAD RULE #4 THANKS AND HAVE A NICE DAY
    Reporting an error such as the bot giving the wrong item when you've done everything else right is fine :)

Dragon
Jolly/Adamant
Multiscale
Weakness Policy
252 Atk/Spe

Dual wingbeat
Outrage
Iron head
Fire punch

Garchomp
Jolly/adamant
Rough Skin
252 Atk/spe
Life orb

EQ
Arieal ace
Aqua Tail
Outrage

Metagross
Adamant
Clear Body
252 Atk/Spe or Hp/Atk
Life orb

Bullet punch
Meteor Mash
EQ/Arieal Ace
Body press

Dragon
Jolly/Adamant
Multiscale
Weakness Policy
252 Atk/Spe

Dual wingbeat
Outrage
Iron head
Fire punch

Garchomp
Jolly/adamant
Rough Skin
252 Atk/spe
Life orb

EQ
Arieal ace
Aqua Tail
Outrage

Metagross
Adamant
Clear Body
252 Atk/Spe or Hp/Atk
Life orb

Bullet punch
Meteor Mash
EQ/Arieal Ace
Body press
  1. Non-Legendary Pokemon that are currently being used in VGC. Use Pikalytics (at least 5% usage currently) or Babiri to see what is popular. If you are requesting a VGC Pokemon, post a common set and list any other TRs, EMs, or tutor moves that would be important to have. You can submit requests for underused Pokemon, but they won't be added unless they hit 5% usage or people show sufficient interest. You should try to explain why your underused Pokemon is important to add.

1. Non-Legendary Pokemon that are currently being used in VGC. Use Pikalytics (at least 5% usage currently) or Babiri to see what is popular. If you are requesting a VGC Pokemon, post a common set and list any other TRs, EMs, or tutor moves that would be important to have. You can submit requests for underused Pokemon, but they won't be added unless they hit 5% usage or people show sufficient interest. You should try to explain why your underused Pokemon is important to add.
When it comes to these pokemon, i dont need to mention why it is good... i can still mention one thing. Garchomp is a different type of dragon base stats wise. Almost every dragon have a stat that is 100+ base stat it almost not use. Like 120atk and also have 100 spa. While Garchomp only have 80 and 130 Atk. Gotta take advantage of that

Metagross has 26%

Cant understand why Dragonite only have 1%. Multiscale and weakness policy is a great match

When it comes to these pokemon, i dont need to mention why it is good... i can still mention one thing. Garchomp is a different type of dragon base stats wise. Almost every dragon have a stat that is 100+ base stat it almost not use. Like 120atk and also have 100 spa. While Garchomp only have 80 and 130 Atk. Gotta take advantage of that

Metagross has 26%

Cant understand why Dragonite only have 1%. Multiscale and weakness policy is a great match
Well... you need to mention why they should be added. Stats aren't everything.

When it comes to WP users in VGC, Dragonite isn't anywhere near the top. Most WP mons this gen usually utilize self proc strategies, which goes against Multi Scale. Multi Scale itself gets defeated by Fake Out and Spread moves. Inner focus is nice, but it gets outclassed by Dragapult as a WP wielding, intimidate immune dragon. Dragonite is definitely solid in OU/BSS, but not in doubles. Overall, if you want a WP proccing dragon that can cause havoc, you turn to Dragapult not Dragonite.

Garchomp once ruled the VGC format... But nowerdays, it falls into the shadow of the infamous Landorus-T, which is a far stronger Pokemon in the format than Garchomp is. Also, with the rise in fairy types, and the introduction of dragapult, Garchomp falls to the wayside a little. If there was a Season 6 style season for the CT format, you could see Garchomp take over from where lando left off. However, for now, Garchomp is outclassed as a Pokemon.

I used the bot a fair amount pre-Frown Tundra so I thought I’d do what little I can to contribute and suggest a mon.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

I am well aware that garch is generally inferior to lando-t but in reverse engineering a team from the Players’ Cup 2 Latin America Top 16 winners’ side, I started using garch assuming this players’ cup head knew something I didn’t. In keeping garch, I realized it had some merit, especially in the context of the team. The team is indeedeef-hatt-koal-venu-taka-garch. It consists of three distinct but intertwining modes (indeedee-hatt/taka, torkoal-venu, indeedee-garch). Garchomp makes sense in the context of the team because it can swords dance next to redirection and then start firing off rock slide and orb-stab-single target-dragon claw to try to pick up one ko per turn or take huge chunks out of bulky/maxed mons without having to burn max, but it makes for an excellent max target if you’re boosted up and can assure that you don’t need to max something in the back. It can also comfortably outspeed base 100 with max speed. It’s simple, but it does some things lando-t might have trouble doing in firing off super powerful single target attacks w/o max and garch also doesn’t set off competitive or defiant on entry. Does very well against some prominent threats like Moltres, Thundurus, Heatran, etc.

A little lengthy, but I wanted to assert that garch is not entirely outclassed, so it might pay to pick one up case it gets added to the giveaway roster. Aside from that, it’s a fan favorite and a non-legendary so I thought it would be a fun and sensical pick for the giveaway. Besides, I believe I saw other more relevant suggestions like Metagross being discussed already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)