1v1 Genesect [QC 4/4] [GP 2/2] [DONE]

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Magma the second one is for you to use when implementing. I also wrote a comment in there for you.

Estronic I went over your amcheck and included comments like I promised in the last one I went over:
This amcheck was pretty good, especially for a difficult analysis. You seem to generally have a solid grasp of the grammar conventions that are needed, and you have a good enough eye for recognizing sentence structure and rewording things to make them flow better. Honestly, there wasn't one thing I could point out and say "you really have to work on this". There were a few parallelism errors that you missed, and looking through my check will show you how to fix them (I'm a little tired from doing this for an hour of a half, so I'll leave explaining parallelism for a discord PM if you want). The best I can say in regards to improving is having a better understanding of rewording things to its best potential, but that isn't something that's an objective rule and comes with time and practice. I've seen your high activity with amchecking so I hope you end up making it on the team!

Estronic: add remove (comments)
Fireflame: Remove Add Comments Ignore amcheck (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen

[OVERVIEW]

Genesect has a good Special Attack stat for powerful damage output from to back up (I would leave it as the original, at least for the first part. Tbh it having a good special attack stat implies its attacks are powerful) its diverse movepool.(period) and get a powerful damage output from its moves. With Genesect’s movepool and its STAB moves, this This, along with its STAB moves, allows it to take care of many Water- and Psychic-types like Mega Gyrarados, Meloetta, and Mega Slowbro. Also, Genesect’s Genesect's (curly apostrophes ( ’ ) need to be replaced with straight ones ( ' )) typing leaves allows it to resist Fairy-types Fairy-type moves from Pokemon ("allows it to resist Fairy-types from Pokemon..." isn't good. I assume you just misread something here) like Mega Diancie. Its ability Download can make Genesect get gain an additional Special Attack boost if the opponent foe (remember, "foe" = opposing Pokemon, "opponent" = opposing player) has lower Special Defense than Defense and be is useful to get KOs it could not get without this boost against Pokemon such as Tapu Fini. Because of Genesect's movepool, (AC) it is tricky for the opponent to predict what coverage Genesect is running. However,(AC) Fire-types like Mega Charizard Y and Heatran give Genesect trouble like Mega Charizard Y and Heatran can take care of Genesect. (you can choose between "give..." and "take care..." here, it's just you used both) (it's good that you reordered the sentence to put the examples before the verb) Genesect is easily KOed by non-resist neutral or super effective Z-Moves (the "M" is capitalized in "Z-Moves") from Pokemon like Zeraora and Aegislash because Genesect cannot KO these Pokemon first due to its speed Speed or cannot tank the Z-Move. Steel-types like such as (you use like a lot, makes it too repetitive) (good) Aegislash and Magearna give Genesect competition due to having more bulk and having more (this is for parallelism: "...due to having more bulk... due to having more special attack...", so the extra "having more" is redundant) Special Attack without relying on Download for the right boost.

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Bug Buzz / Flash Cannon
move 4: Flamethrower / Flash Cannon
item: Choice Specs
ability: Download
nature: Timid
evs: 32 HP / 40 Def / 212 SpA / 224 Spe
ivs: 0 Atk

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Thunderbolt allows Genesect to take care of Water-types like Tapu Fini and Gyarados. Ice Beam gives Genesect a way to deal with Dragon- and Flying-types like such as (see last comment) Zygarde, Landorus-T, and Haxorus. Bug Buzz is a powerful Bug-type STAB move to that takes care of Psychic- and Dark-types like Meloetta and Hoopa-Unbound. Flamethrower is used for taking care of Mega Metagross and Magearna. Flash Cannon can be used for common Fairy-types like Mega Diancie and Tapu Lele,; (remove comma and add semicolon) however, outside of that, (AC) it has limited use. (great changes!)

Set Details
========

Genesects Genesect runs 32 HP EVs and, (RC) 40 in Defense EVs in order to live a Mega Gyarados's Waterfall after a Dragon Dance. 212 in Special Attack EVs and 224 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows allow (EVs are plural) Genesect to outspeed Tapu Fini,(AC) Psychium-(RH)Z Tapu Lele, (RC) (keep comma) and Magearna before it has a chance to set up Calm Mind,(RC) and while also outpacing Tapu Fini (reworded). Genesect runs Choice Specs that allows Genesect’s its Genesect's moves to hit as hard as possible and be able to take care of Pokemon like Tapu Fini, Mega Blastoise, and Landorus-T. (removing fluff) Its ability Download allows it to get an additional Special Attack boost if the opponent’s Pokemon opposing Pokemon's Special Defense stat is lower than its Defense stat, (AC) which can power up even more thanks to Choice Specs. (i honestly don't think you need this last sentence since reader probably know what download does, but i'll leave it up to the GPers) (I don't really care, but if you keep it then what's marked for deletion should still be deleted)

Usage Tips
========

Pick Genesect against the likes of Mega Slowbro, Mega Metagross, Mega Gyarados and Zygarde-C, (AC) as Genesect can tank an attack from all of these Pokemon and hit these Pokemon them back with Bug Buzz, Flamethower, Thunderbolt,(AC) or Ice Beam, (AC) respectfully respectively. It is important to note that Bug Buzz goes through Substitute, (AC) which that makes Genesect it able to beat Pokemon like Jumpluff. Thanks to the power of Choice Specs, (AC) Genesect can beat Fairium Z Magearna. (this sentence feels very awkward here, tbh i think it should be in set details, but again up to GPers) (the sentence being here is fine) Try to avoid sending Genesect against Sturdy Pokemon with Sturdy like such as Donphan and Golem because it is unable to live survive ("survive" is preferred over "live", p^2 said so) after a Z-Move into Ice Shard and Sucker Punch. Avoid sending Genesect against Special special walls like Chansey and Mega Sableye, (AC) as Genesect cannot take care of these Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, Tapu Fini, and Heatran are good to pair with Genesect to help with Steel-types like Aegislash. Dragon- and Water-types like Haxorus, Garchomp, Mega Gyarados, Primarina, and Tapu Fini can help with Fire-types like Heatran and Charizard. Garchomp and Heatran also can take care of most Steel-type Pokemon that can give Genesect trouble like Aegislash and Pokemon that are running a Z-Move that it Genesect does not resist like Zeraora. Normal-types like such as (avoiding repetitiveness) Meloetta and Porygon-Z can help with Primarina as well as Ghost-types like Mega Gengar and Aegislash, (AC) (good comma. This is an independent clause) and both appreciate Genesect's ability to beat Landorus-T and Tapu Lele.

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Modest
evs: 48 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 152 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Thunderbolt allows Genesect to take care of Water- and Flying-types such as Mega Gyarados, Archeops, Greninja, and defensive Tapu Fini. Ice Beam makes lets Genesect able to (better wording overall) take care of Dragon- and Ground-types like non-Choice Scarf Garchomp, Haxorus, Zygarde, and Landorus-T. Bug Buzz is an important STAB move for Psychic- and Dark-types like such as Mega Slowbro and Choice Specs Greninja. Flamethrower is used to take care of Steel- and Bug-types like Mega Metagross, Mega Pinsir, Mega Scizor, (AC) and opposing Genesect. Flash Cannon hits Fairy-type like such as non-Hidden Power Fire Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, (AC) and Mega Gardevoir.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf allows Genesect equipped with Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed Pokemon it usually cannot like such as Greninja and non-Choice Scarf Garchomp. A Modest nature is used to make Genesect’s Genesect's attacks hit as hard as possible, (RC) and because (no, the original comma needs to stay. This was an intended separated independent clause, and you combined them and created a parallelism error that results in this not making sense) there are no relevant speed Speed tiers Timid Genesect hits. 48 HP EVs and 56 Defense EVs allows Genesect to live survive a Fake Out into High Jump Kick from Mega Lopunny and better deal with (this says "..allow Genesect to survive other Pokemon like Skarmory", which doesn't really work) other Pokemon like Skarmory. Maximum EVs in Special Attack and 152 Speed EVs to make Genesect hit as strong as possible while outspeeding all but Deoxys-S,(AC) and Pheromosa,(AC) and or faster Pokemon that are holding a use Choice Scarf like Fire Fang Garchomp, Hoopa-U, and Modest Hydreigon. Its ability Download allows it Genesect to get a boost to its Special attack Attack, (AC) that it appreciates which is appreciated as because (here's where that "because" vs "as" thing I mentioned in your last amcheck comes into play) it allows it Genesect to get KOs on Pokemon like such as Tapu Fini.

Usage Tips
========

Allow Genesect to come out in against frailer Pokemon it can hit super effectively like Choice Specs Greninja and Mega Slowbro, (AC) as Bug Buzz can easily take care of both these. It can also come out in against Pokemon like non-Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Lopunny and Haxorus thanks to carrying Choice Scarf. Try to keep it from being sent out when there are specially defensive Pokemon like such as Chansey, (AC) Blissey, (AC) and Aegislash, (AC) as Genesect’s Genesect's moves are easily taken by these Pokemon due to their bulk, (AC) and they can defeat Genesect in turn. Due to not having extra power from an item, do not send it Genesect (using "it" too much can make readers confused as to what the subject is) out in against Magearna, (AC) as it fails to take care of it with Flamthrower. Genesect’s uninvested bulk Is is mediocre, (AC) (good. "so" without a comma before it means essentially "with the aim/goal that", and "so" with a comma before it means "therefore", so it's good to know the difference, and I assume you already do) so avoid sending it in against Pokemon like Aegislash, Primarina, and Zeraora, which are Pokemon that Genesect cannot defeat first before opponent's Pokemon they uses its z-moves their Z-Moves from the likes of Aegislash, Primarina, and Zeraora.

Team Options
========

Genesect pairs well with Dragon-types like Garchomp, Haxorus, and Naganadel, (AC) as these Pokemon help out with Charizard, Zeraora, and Mega Venusaur,; (remove comma, add semicolon) however, if they are not using Choice Scarf, they all struggle with Greninja and Garchomp and Haxorus struggles with Mega Gyarados. Water-types like such as Mega Slowbro, Greninja, and Tapu Fini can help with Pokemon that Genesect cannot do anything against like Mega Aggron and Naganadel. Fighting-types like Sawk, (RC) and Mega Blaziken can take care of specially defensive Pokemon like such as Chansey, Porygon2, and Blissey. Normal-types like such as Porygon-Z, Mega Lopunny, and Shadow Ball Meloetta pair well with Genesect,(AC) as they can take care of threats like Aegislash and Tapu Lele.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Band Genesect can be used with Blaze Kick, Iron Head, U-turn,(AC) and Gunk Shot / or Return can be used, but it will miss its BoltBeam coverage it gets to take for taking care of Dragon-types like Haxorus and Water-types like Mega Blastoise. Genesect can run a more defensive set with 248 HP EVs,(AC) and 228 Defense EVs,(AC) and with a Bold Nature nature to take a hit from Donphan and Golem's from both of their Z-Moves and followed by (reworded) Ice Shard / or Sucker Punch, and be able to KO them,; (remove comma, add semicolon) however, this means results in having less Special Attack to score important KOs on Pokemon like Tapu Fini,(AC) as well as being (verbs after "as well" take the gerund form ("-ing") like you put here, but there needs to be a comma before the "as well" too) a lot slower, (AC) which that prevents it to outpace from outpacing Haxorus. Genesect can run Douse Drive with Substitute, (AC) which that allows Genesect it to take care of Steel-types like Heatran and Aegislash, however,. (add period) this However,(AC) this means, (AC) however, (AC) (better wording if written like this) dropping a coverage move and the power it gets from Choice Specs or Speed it gets (parellelism error) from Choice Scarf. Genesect can run Steelium Z with Metal Sound to take care of Pokemon like Chansey, but this means giving up coverage as well as power from Choice Specs or Speed from Choice Scarf, (AC) as well as coverage. (if you put this at the beginning like I did, it sounds a lot better)

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-type Moves moves**: Fire-types like such as Mega Charizard X, (deleted extra space) Mega Charizard Y, Blacephalon,(AC) and Heatran can OHKO Genesect. (add period) and Pokemon with Fire-type coverage like Tapu Lele, Choice Specs Margearna, Dragonite, Naganadel,(AC) and Mega Tyranitar can also take care of Genesect.

**Specially defensive Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey, Blissey, Primarina, and Aegislash can take any of Genesect’s Genesect's attacks well and stall it out or KO it knock it out.

**Faster Pokemon**: Pokemon like such as Mega Lopunny, Charge Zeraora, and Garchomp can beat the Choice Specs set due to outspeeding and KOing it with either (so "either" usually applies to two things, but if you want it to apply it to more than two things, you gotta add "or" at the beginning of every part of the list, which obviously sounds bad. The "or" at the end of the list without the "either" at the beginning implies a choice between those options similarly to how "either" is used to imply that, if that makes sense) its their STAB attacks, Z-Moves, (AC) or carrying a Fire-type moves.

**Sturdy Pokemon**: Sturdy Pokemon like Sawk, Magnezone, Golem, Mega Aggron, and Donphan take care of non-bulky Choice Specs and Choice Scarf Genesect due to living surviving one attack from Genesect, (RC) and take care of can KO (reduce repetition of this phrase) it using their Z-Moves.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Magma, 393488]]
- Quality checked by: [[TDA, 276708], [Freddy Kyogre, 321529], [dom, 280380], [chickenpie2, 305552]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]
(This comment is NOT bad news don't freak out:

Hi Magma! I remember that you were the one who did the Trapinch FB Spotlight, and I saw this comment from one of the QC checks: "There are some areas where it is very difficult to understand what you are trying to say, and repetition in some areas make it unclear". I have some suggestions for improving the writing, though I don't know how much this'll help. First off, I suggest reducing repetition when you notice the use of repetitive phrases (usually, stuff like "like/such as", "as" to mean "because", and "its/[Pokemon's name]" are common areas where repetition occurs). In regards to "difficult-to-understand" areas, I suggest trying to make your sentences as concise as possible, or at least word structure. As an example, "...makes Genesect able to take..." can be shortened to "..lets Genesect take...". It's hard to give more specifics or proper wording, but if you can recognize a train of thought within your sentence structure that makes sense, then your sentence should be written as such. There are a decent number of examples that you can look at in the GP check where Estronic and I reworded things. If you can understand why and how we reworded those things, it'll help your sentence structure in terms of being more clear. Thanks for reading, hope this helps!)

[OVERVIEW]

Genesect has a good Special Attack stat to back up its diverse movepool.(period) and get a powerful damage output from its moves. With Genesect’s movepool and its STAB moves, this This, along with its STAB moves, allows it to take care of many Water- and Psychic-types like Mega Gyrarados, Meloetta, and Mega Slowbro. Also, Genesect’s Genesect's (curly apostrophes ( ’ ) need to be replaced with straight ones ( ' )) typing leaves allows it to resist Fairy-types Fairy-type moves from Pokemon like Mega Diancie. Its ability Download can make Genesect get gain an additional Special Attack boost if the opponent foe has lower Special Defense than Defense and be is useful to get KOs it could not get without this boost against Pokemon such as Tapu Fini. Because of Genesect's movepool,(AC) it is tricky for the opponent to predict what coverage Genesect is running. However,(AC) Fire-types like Mega Charizard Y and Heatran give Genesect trouble like Mega Charizard Y and Heatran can take care of Genesect. Genesect is easily KOed by non-resist neutral or super effective Z-Moves from Pokemon like Zeraora and Aegislash because Genesect cannot KO these Pokemon first due to its speed Speed or cannot tank the Z-Move. Steel-types like such as (you use like a lot, makes it too repetitive) Aegislash and Magearna give Genesect competition due to having more bulk and having more Special Attack without relying on Download for the right boost.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Thunderbolt allows Genesect to take care of Water-types like Tapu Fini and Gyarados. Ice Beam gives Genesect a way to deal with Dragon- and Flying-types like such as (see last comment) Zygarde, Landorus-T, and Haxorus. Bug Buzz is a powerful Bug-type STAB move to that takes care of Psychic- and Dark-types like Meloetta and Hoopa-Unbound. Flamethrower is used for taking care of Mega Metagross and Magearna. Flash Cannon can be used for common Fairy-types like Mega Diancie and Tapu Lele,; (remove comma and add semicolon) however, outside of that, (AC) it has limited use.

Set Details

========

Genesects Genesect runs 32 HP,(RC) EVs and 40 in Defense EVs in order to live a Mega Gyarados's Waterfall after a Dragon Dance. 212 in Special Attack EVs and 224 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allows allow Genesect to outspeed Tapu Fini,(AC) Psychium-(RH)Z Tapu Lele, and Magearna before it has a chance to set up Calm Mind,(RC) and outpacing Tapu Fini. Genesect runs Choice Specs that allows Genesect’s Genesect's moves to hit as hard as possible and be able to take care of Pokemon like Tapu Fini, Mega Blastoise, and Landorus-T. (removing fluff) Its ability Download allows it to get an additional Special Attack boost if the opponent’s Pokemon opposing Pokemon's Special Defense stat is lower than its Defense stat which can power up even more thanks to Choice Specs. (i honestly don't think you need this last sentence since reader probably know what download does, but i'll leave it up to the GPers) (I don't really care, but if you keep it then what's marked for deletion should still be deleted)

Usage Tips
========

Pick Genesect against the likes of Mega Slowbro, Mega Metagross, Mega Gyarados and Zygarde-C,(AC) as Genesect can tank an attack from all of these Pokemon and hit these Pokemon them back with Bug Buzz, Flamethower, Thunderbolt,(AC) or Ice Beam,(AC) respectively respectfully. It is important to note that Bug Buzz goes through Substitute,(AC) which that makes Genesect it able to beat Pokemon like Jumpluff. Thanks to the power of Choice Specs,(AC) Genesect can beat Fairium Z Magearna. (this sentence feels very awkward here, tbh i think it should be in set details, but again up to GPers) (the sentence being here is fine) Try to avoid sending Genesect against Sturdy Pokemon with Sturdy such as like Donphan and Golem because it is unable to live survive after a Z-Move into Ice Shard and Sucker Punch. Avoid sending Genesect against Special special walls like Chansey and Mega Sableye,(AC) as Genesect cannot take care of these Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, Tapu Fini, and Heatran are good to pair with Genesect to help with Steel-types like Aegislash. Dragon- and Water-types like Haxorus, Garchomp, Mega Gyarados, Primarina, and Tapu Fini can help with Fire-types like Heatran and Charizard. Garchomp and Heatran also can take care of most Steel-type Pokemon that can give Genesect trouble like Aegislash and Pokemon that are running a Z-Move that it Genesect does not resist like Zeraora. Normal-types like such as (avoiding repetitiveness) Meloetta and Porygon-Z can help with Primarina as well as Ghost-types like Mega Gengar and Aegislash,(AC) and both appreciate Genesect's ability to beat Landorus-T and Tapu Lele.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Thunderbolt allows Genesect to take care of Water- and Flying-types such as Mega Gyarados, Archeops, Greninja, and defensive Tapu Fini. Ice Beam makes lets Genesect able to (better wording overall) take care of Dragon- and Ground-types like non-Choice Scarf Garchomp, Haxorus, Zygarde, and Landorus-T. Bug Buzz is an important STAB move for Psychic- and Dark-types like such as Mega Slowbro and Choice Specs Greninja. Flamethrower is used to take care of Steel- and Bug-types like Mega Metagross, Mega Pinsir, Mega Scizor,(AC) and opposing Genesect. Flash Cannon hits Fairy-type like such as non-Hidden Power Fire Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu,(AC) and Mega Gardevoir.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf allows Genesect equipped with Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed Pokemon it usually cannot like such as Greninja and non-Choice Scarf Garchomp. A Modest nature is used to make Genesect’s Genesect's attacks hit as hard as possible, and because there are no relevant speed Speed tiers Timid Genesect hits. 48 HP EVs and 56 Defense EVs allows Genesect to live survive a Fake Out into High Jump Kick from Mega Lopunny and better deal with (this says "..allow Genesect to survive other Pokemon like Skarmory", which doesn't really work) other Pokemon like Skarmory. Maximum EVs in Special Attack and 152 Speed EVs to make Genesect hit as strong as possible while outspeeding all but Deoxys-S,(AC) and Pheromosa,(AC) and or faster Pokemon that are holding a use Choice Scarf like Fire Fang Garchomp, Hoopa-U, and Modest Hydreigon. Its ability Download allows it Genesect to get a boost to its Special attack Attack,(AC) that it appreciates as which is appreciated because it allows it Genesect to get KOs on Pokemon like such as Tapu Fini.

Usage Tips
========

Allow Genesect to come out in against frailer Pokemon it can hit super effectively like Choice Specs Greninja and Mega Slowbro,(AC) as Bug Buzz can easily take care of both these. It can also come out in against Pokemon like non-Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Lopunny and Haxorus thanks to carrying Choice Scarf. Try to keep it from being sent out when there are specially defensive Pokemon like such as Chansey,(AC) Blissey,(AC) and Aegislash,(AC) as Genesect’s Genesect's moves are easily taken by these Pokemon due to their bulk,(AC) and they can defeat Genesect in turn. Due to not having extra power from an item, do not send it Genesect (using "it" too much can make readers confused as to what the subject is) out in against Magearna,(AC) as it fails to take care of it with Flamthrower. Genesect’s uninvested bulk Is is mediocre,(AC) so avoid sending it in against Pokemon like Aegislash, Primarina, and Zeraora, which are Pokemon that Genesect cannot defeat first before opponent's Pokemon they uses its z-moves from the likes of Aegislash, Primarina, and Zeraora their Z-Moves.

Team Options
========

Genesect pairs well with Dragon-types like Garchomp, Haxorus, and Naganadel,(AC) as these Pokemon help out with Charizard, Zeraora, and Mega Venusaur,; (remove comma, add semicolon) however, if they are not using Choice Scarf, they all struggle with Greninja and Garchomp and Haxorus struggles with Mega Gyarados. Water-types like such as Mega Slowbro, Greninja, and Tapu Fini can help with Pokemon that Genesect cannot do anything against like Mega Aggron and Naganadel. Fighting-types like Sawk,(RC) and Mega Blaziken can take care of specially defensive Pokemon like such as Chansey, Porygon2, and Blissey. Normal-types like such as Porygon-Z, Mega Lopunny, and Shadow Ball Meloetta pair well with Genesect,(AC) as they can take care of threats like Aegislash and Tapu Lele.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Band Genesect can be used with Blaze Kick, Iron Head, U-turn,(AC) and Gunk Shot / or Return can be used, but it will miss its BoltBeam coverage it gets to take for taking care of Dragon-types like Haxorus and Water-types like Mega Blastoise. Genesect can run a more defensive set with 248 HP EVs,(AC) and 228 Defense EVs,(AC) and with a Bold Nature nature to take a hit from Donphan and Golem's from both their Z-Moves and followed by (reworded) Ice Shard / or Sucker Punch, and be able to KO them,; (remove comma, add semicolon) however, this means results in having less Special Attack to score important KOs on Pokemon like Tapu Fini,(AC) as well as being a lot slower,(AC) which that prevents it to outpace from outpacing Haxorus. Genesect can run Douse Drive with Substitute,(AC) which that allows Genesect it to take care of Steel-types like Heatran and Aegislash, however,. (add period) this However,(AC) this means dropping a coverage move and the power it gets from Choice Specs or Speed it gets from Choice Scarf. Genesect can run Steelium Z with Metal Sound to take care of Pokemon like Chansey, but this means giving up coverage as well as power from Choice Specs or Speed from Choice Scarf as well as coverage.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-type Moves moves**: Fire-types like such as Mega Charizard X, (deleted extra space) Mega Charizard Y, Blacephalon,(AC) and Heatran can OHKO Genesect. (add period) and Pokemon with Fire-type coverage like Tapu Lele, Choice Specs Margearna, Dragonite, Naganadel,(AC) and Mega Tyranitar can also take care of Genesect.

**Specially defensive Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey, Blissey, Primarina, and Aegislash can take any of Genesect’s Genesect's attacks well and stall it out or KO it knock it out.

**Faster Pokemon**: Pokemon like such as Mega Lopunny, Charge Zeraora, and Garchomp can beat the Choice Specs set due to outspeeding and KOing it with either its their STAB attacks, Z-Moves,(AC) or carrying a Fire-type moves.

**Sturdy Pokemon**: Sturdy Pokemon like Sawk, Magnezone, Golem, Mega Aggron, and Donphan take care of non-bulky Choice Specs and Choice Scarf Genesect due to living surviving one attack from Genesect,(RC) and take care of can KO (reduce repetition of this phrase) it using their Z-Moves.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[TDA, 276708], [Freddy Kyogre, 321529], [dom, 280380], [chickenpie2, 305552]]
- Grammar checked by: [[, ], [, ]]
GP 1/2

Rei

The arcana is the means by which all is revealed
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I did the first GP check. I will try in the future to avoid the repetition I had going on, as that is something I struggled with throughout life. Hopefully, the next time you GP an analysis of mine, it will be a lot easier for you to do.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bzzzt

add remove (comments)
[OVERVIEW]

Genesect has a good Special Attack stat to back up its diverse movepool. This, along with its STAB moves, allows it to take care of many Water- and Psychic-types like Mega Gyrarados, Meloetta, and Mega Slowbro. Also, Genesect's typing allows it to resist Fairy-type moves from Pokemon like Mega Diancie. Its ability Download can make Genesect gain an additional Special Attack boost if the foe has lower Special Defense than Defense and is useful to get KOs it could not get without this boost otherwise against Pokemon such as Tapu Fini. Because of Genesect's movepool, it is tricky for the opponent to predict what coverage Genesect is running. However, Fire-types like Mega Charizard Y and Heatran give Genesect trouble. Genesect is easily KOed by neutral or super effective Z-Moves from Pokemon like Zeraora and Aegislash,(AC) as Genesect is often too frail to win matchups where it is outsped or it is not strong enough to KO the opponent. because Genesect cannot KO these Pokemon first due to its Speed or cannot tank the Z-move. Steel-types such as Aegislash and Magearna give Genesect competition due to having more bulk and Special Attack without relying on Download for the right boost.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Thunderbolt allows Genesect to take care of Water-types like Tapu Fini and Gyarados. Ice Beam gives Genesect a way to deal with Dragon- and Flying-types such as Zygarde, Landorus-T, and Haxorus. Bug Buzz is a powerful Bug-type STAB move that takes care of Psychic- and Dark-types like Meloetta and Hoopa-U. Flamethrower is used for taking care of Mega Metagross and Magearna. Flash Cannon can be used for common Fairy-types like Mega Diancie and Tapu Lele; however, outside of that, it has limited use.

Set Details

========

Genesect runs 32 HP EVs and 40 Defense EVs in order to live Mega Gyarados's Waterfall after a Dragon Dance. 212 Special Attack EVs and 224 Speed EVs with a Timid nature allow Genesect to outspeed Tapu Fini, Psychium Z Tapu Lele, and Magearna before it has a chance to set up Calm Mind. Choice Specs allows Genesect's moves to take care of Pokemon like Tapu Fini, Mega Blastoise, and Landorus-T. Its ability Download allows it to get an additional Special Attack boost if the opposing Pokemon's(one space here) Special Defense stat is lower than its Defense stat.

Usage Tips
========

Pick Genesect against the likes of Mega Slowbro, Mega Metagross, Mega Gyarados and Zygarde-C, as Genesect can tank an attack from all of these Pokemon and hit them back with Bug Buzz, Flamethower, Thunderbolt, or Ice Beam, respectively. It is important to note that Bug Buzz goes through Substitute, which makes Genesect able to beat Pokemon like Jumpluff. Thanks to the power boost of Choice Specs,(AC) Genesect can beat Fairium Z Magearna. Try to avoid sending Genesect in against Pokemon with Sturdy such as(single space) Donphan and Golem because it is unable to survive after a the combination of Z-Move + priority. into Ice Shard and Sucker Punch. Avoid sending Genesect against special walls like Chansey and Mega Sableye, as Genesect cannot take care of these Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, Tapu Fini, and Heatran are good to pair with Genesect to help with Steel-types like Aegislash. Dragon- and Water-types like Haxorus, Garchomp, Mega Gyarados, Primarina, and Tapu Fini can help with Fire-types like Heatran and Charizard. Garchomp and Heatran also can take care of most Steel-type Pokemon that can give Genesect trouble like Aegislash and Pokemon that are running a Z-Move that Genesect does not resist like Zeraora. Normal-types such as Meloetta and Porygon-Z can help with Primarina as well as Ghost-types like Mega Gengar and Aegislash, and both appreciate Genesect's ability to beat Landorus-T and Tapu Lele.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Thunderbolt allows Genesect to take care of Water- and Flying-types such as Mega Gyarados, Archeops, Greninja, and defensive Tapu Fini. Ice Beam lets Genesect take care of Dragon- and Ground-types like non-Choice Scarf Garchomp, Haxorus, Zygarde, and Landorus-T. Bug Buzz is an important STAB move for Psychic- and Dark-types such as Mega Slowbro and Choice Specs Greninja. Flamethrower is used to take care of Steel- and Bug-types like Mega Metagross, Mega Pinsir, Mega Scizor, and opposing Genesect. Flash Cannon hits Fairy-types (don't miss this) such as non-Hidden Power Fire Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu,(AC) and Mega Gardevoir.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf allows Genesect to outspeed Pokemon it usually cannot such as Greninja and non-Choice Scarf Garchomp. A Modest nature is used to make Genesect's attacks hit as hard as possible, and is preferred as there are no relevant Speed tiers Timid Genesect hits. 48 HP EVs and 56 Defense EVs allow Genesect to survive a Fake Out into High Jump Kick from Mega Lopunny and better deal with Pokemon like Skarmory. Maximum EVs in Special Attack and 152 Speed EVs make Genesect hit as strong as possible while outspeeding all everything but Deoxys-S, and Pheromosa, and faster Pokemon that are holding a Choice Scarf like Fire Fang Garchomp, Hoopa-U, and Modest Hydreigon. Download allows Genesect to get a boost to its Special Attack, which is appreciated because Genesect allows it to getting KOs on Pokemon such as Tapu Fini.

Usage Tips
========

Allow Genesect to come out in against frailer Pokemon it can hit super effectively like Choice Specs Greninja and Mega Slowbro, as Bug Buzz can easily take care of both. It can also come in against Pokemon like non-Choice Scarf Garchomp, Mega Lopunny, and Haxorus thanks to Choice Scarf. Try to keep it from being sent out when there are specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey, Blissey, and Aegislash, as Genesect's moves are easily taken by these Pokemon due to their bulk, and they can defeat Genesect in turn. Due to not having Without the extra power from an its item, do not send Genesect in against Magearna, as it fails to take care of it loses even with Flamethrower. Genesect'(straight apostrophe)s uninvested bulk is mediocre, so avoid sending it in against Pokemon like Aegislash, Primarina, and Zeraora, which are Pokemon that Genesect cannot defeat first before they use their Z-Moves.

Team Options
========

Genesect pairs well with Dragon-types like Garchomp, Haxorus, and Naganadel, as these Pokemon help out with Charizard, Zeraora, and Mega Venusaur; however, if they are not using Choice Scarf, they all struggle with Greninja,(AC) and Garchomp and Haxorus struggles with Mega Gyarados. Water-types such as Mega Slowbro, Greninja, and Tapu Fini can help with Pokemon that Genesect cannot do anything against Mega Aggron and Naganadel. Fighting-types like Sawk and Mega Blaziken can take care of specially defensive Pokemon such as Chansey, Porygon2, and Blissey. Normal-types such as Porygon-Z, Mega Lopunny, and Shadow Ball Meloetta pair well with Genesect, as they can take care of threats like Aegislash and Tapu Lele.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Choice Band Genesect can be used with Blaze Kick, Iron Head, U-turn, and Gunk Shot or Return, but it will miss its BoltBeam coverage for taking care of Dragon-types like Haxorus and Water-types like Mega Blastoise. Genesect can run a more defensive set with 248 HP EVs, 228 Defense EVs, and a Bold nature to take from survive Donphan's and Golem's Z-Moves + priority attack combo followed by Ice Shard or Sucker Punch, and be able to KO them; however, this results in having less Special Attack to score important KOs on Pokemon like Tapu Fini, as well as being a lot slower which prevents it from outpacing Haxorus. Genesect can run Douse Drive with Substitute, which allows it to take care of Steel-types like Heatran and Aegislash. However, this means dropping a coverage move and the power it gets from Choice Specs or the Speed it gets from Choice Scarf. Genesect can run Steelium Z with Metal Sound to take care of Pokemon like Chansey, but this means giving up coverage as well as power from Choice Specs or Speed from Choice Scarf.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Fire-type Moves**: Fire-types such as Mega Charizard X, Mega Charizard Y, Blacephalon, and Heatran can OHKO Genesect. Pokemon with Fire-type coverage like Tapu Lele, Choice Specs Margearna, Dragonite, Naganadel, and Mega Tyranitar can also take care of Genesect.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Specially defensive Pokemon like Chansey, Blissey, Primarina, and Aegislash can take any of Genesect's attacks well and stall it out or KO it.

**Faster Pokemon**: Pokemon such as Mega Lopunny, Charge Zeraora, and Garchomp can beat the Choice Specs set due to by outspeeding and KOing it with their STAB attacks, Z-Moves,(AC) or Fire-type moves.

**Sturdy Pokemon**: Sturdy Pokemon like Sawk, Magnezone, Golem, Mega Aggron, and Donphan take care of non-bulky Choice Specs and Choice Scarf Genesect due to their ability to survive surviving one attack from Genesect and can KO it using their Z-Moves.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[Fireflame479, 231476], [Electrolyte, Check Purple in my sig]]
GP 2/2

Reactions: Rei

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)