Genesect

I believe it is only obtainable by Wondercard (By an event that gives a wondercard, like at Gamestop), not by any ingame item (Like Azure Flute). The cassettes are obtained by bringing Genesect to the P2 Laboratory.

Next time use the Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread though, this is more about competitive discussion than ingame details.

I'm sorry for asking, but how do you get genesect and the cassettes ingame?
It's not out yet, it'll be released in a future event.

To get the Drives you take a Genesect to P2 Laboratory on Route 17, a scientist in there gives you the Shock and Burn Drives in Black, or the Douse and Chill drives in White after you battle him.

Genosect sucks

I think he is the worst ultimate pokemon(arceus gen4, deoxys gen3) his total base stat is 600. That is crap for a pokemon that was the best hunter 300 million years ago and then made better by plasma. Sure 120/120 are great attacking stats but mewtwo has only 10 less attack(which it doesn't use) and huge spA and awesome speed. Geno is slow by uber standerds and with that low speed it has awful defence by uber standards(I think nearly the same as pory2 without evo-stone)Techno blast is his special move that needs an item to be used effectively which is a waste consudering it doesnt get STAB from the 85bp move with 5pp.Only if it goes out on a Cspec dragon pulse gets the spA boost from download(why did it get this ability it is kinda good but still) and gets a rock polish so it can sweep. I still think that he is a dodgy pokemon that is only good for bragging rights.

Genesect is, by far, the best Gen 5 Poke I have used.

Give it only enough speed to outpace what you want (+95s) and leave the rest in attack, and it hits like a truck from both sides of the spectrum. Genesect is soooo good. Deals with so many threats, weakens stuff up, etc. Been down by 5 with Attack Download Genesect and swept with Scarf U-turn lol.

I think he is the worst ultimate pokemon(arceus gen4, deoxys gen3) his total base stat is 600. That is crap for a pokemon that was the best hunter 300 million years ago and then made better by plasma. Sure 120/120 are great attacking stats but mewtwo has only 10 less attack(which it doesn't use) and huge spA and awesome speed. Geno is slow by uber standerds and with that low speed it has awful defence by uber standards(I think nearly the same as pory2 without evo-stone)Techno blast is his special move that needs an item to be used effectively which is a waste consudering it doesnt get STAB from the 85bp move with 5pp.Only if it goes out on a Cspec dragon pulse gets the spA boost from download(why did it get this ability it is kinda good but still) and gets a rock polish so it can sweep. I still think that he is a dodgy pokemon that is only good for bragging rights.
Wtf are you even talking about. Genesect is incredibly useful in DW. I have absolutely no idea why you would think that just because he doesn't have stats typical of an Uber it means that he's only for "bragging rights." What you're saying is incredibly stupid, which is ironic considering your signature (which was already ironic because of the typo in it). I think you're trolling :/

If by ultimate Pokemon you mean the one at the end of the Pokedex, Celebi and Mew want to have a word with you.

Gen 5 doesn't have an ultimate Pokemon(well, seeing as the supposed ultimate is in UNDER USED), and arguably Rayquaza > Deoxys.

Water Techno Blaster is good if you don't want to troll yourself to hell with reducing your IVs for Hidden Power.

I think Genosect could do well in Ubers with rain support from Kyogre, here's a potential set I thought of:

Genosect @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Download
Timid
6HP/252SpA/252Spe
Bug Buzz
Thunder
Ice Beam
Hidden Power (Dragon)

Yes, HP Dragon. Reason is because otherwise it can't really do a lot to Palkia/Zekrom/Reshiram, and HP Dragon would totally neutralize them. Base 99 Speed sucks because Scarf Palkia can outrun and KO it, but it would make a great late-game sweeper in Ubers (or in OU for those that don't want a ban list :P), if you take out Groudon/Palkia/Reshiram, who all ruin his day, then bring Kyogre in to set up rain and then let Genosect sweep on the opponents' weakened team.
This set gets walled hard by Dialga.

An SE HP Dragon has merely 5 more BP than STAB Bug Buzz, and the only poke who it would be worth it against would be Reshiram, who resists Buzz. HP Ground is the better option because you can now hit Dialga AND Reshiram AND Zekrom for SE, instead of just nearly all dragons (who, for the most part, you hit either super effectively with Boltbeam or neutrally for negligibly less power with Bug Buzz).

Stratos

Banned deucer.
What you need is an Expert Belt, great for bluffing.

Genesect @ Expert Belt
Naive/Hasty
Download
252 SpA/4 Atk/4 Spe
-U-turn
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower/Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball/Thunderbolt

As long as you ensure that your opponent thinks it's scarfed, it ALWAYS nets a surprise KO. For example, you just used Energy Ball, so your opponent switches in his Magnezone to set up in your face. Suddenly- Flamethrower. works every battle.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Like the above set. You're missing some EVs though. Thunderbolt should not be an option since it call SD chomp like a magnet, which is easily KOd by Ice Beam (unless Yache). An Occa Berry could work on a bait set too.

Has anyone mentioned the Rock Polish set? Enough evs to outspeed Excadrill at +2 and a life orb with Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam? Many epic sweeps in DW with this

Genesect makes an amazing Choice Scarf pokemon. Its ability to outspeed so many common threats is absolutely invaluable, and its mixed attacking options are fantastic. U-Turn comming off a 508 attack stat (iirc that's a +1 Neutral Nature Max Attack Genesect) along with a passable Special Attack when boosted by Download pretty much makes this the perfect revenge killer for any Calm Minder weak to bug. It OHKOes Lati@s, does like 70~% to Max/Max Reiuniclus, hits Slowbro exceptionally hard, its really just a fantastic utility option this generation. Bolt/Beam coverage, Explosion, Flamethrower, there's pretty much nothing that stops Genesect completely apart from Dialga. Bug/Steel really leaves it without any priority weaknesses, which is really awesome too. This pokemon is a top threat, and will become even more dangerous as the metagame developes. It does have a huge 4ms syndrome though.

for a simple choice scarf set, do u guys prefer

flamethrower/icebeam/uturn/thunderbolt

or

flamethrower/icebea./uturn/bugbuzz

for a simple choice scarf set, do u guys prefer

flamethrower/icebeam/uturn/thunderbolt

or

flamethrower/icebea./uturn/bugbuzz
I used to run the latter, but Bug Buzz turned out to be pretty useless. The majority of pokemon you'd use a Bug attack against would give you an Attack boost from Download rather than a SpAtt boost, most notably the Lati Twins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)