Media genshin impact

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
talk about the game here :) i couldnt find a specific thread

i tried playing this earlier today, the game was a bit much for my computer at first but i lowered settings and it runs fine now. gameplay is fun, graphics are great even if they're at the worst setting for me, and i've really just overall enjoyed it and i'm addicted now. got noelle and chongyun but i heard both arent great :(

also i love diluc's design and want him fck

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Got the game on the 5th, currently at adventure rank 22, so yeah I'm definitely taking my time with it. The graphics and open world are gorgeous and I love the elemental style of combat. For a free game, even if it is a gacha, there is a ton of stuff to do, especially early on. There's definitely some grinding required if you want to make your team decent, though that's pretty typical of a gacha. If you're looking for a decent free game to try, then I'd definitely recommend trying Genshin.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I have nothing positive to say about Gacha Impact.

Just yet another EA-Style Cash grab game targeted at weebs. Dangerously addictive and just ruins friendships due to addicted friends just like league of legends. Underwhelming storyline and quest system. unitutive gameplay and honestly such a boring play. only designed to make money off people.

Worst game i've tried in 2020

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
i kinda got bored already lol, i don’t care that much about the cash grab but the grind is horrendous, especially considering that i’m pretty sure i’m still at a fairly early part of the game

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
honestly enjoying this game so much, gacha/cash grab elements aren't all that intrusive and the game is still an amazing time even if playing free to play (which i am). im generally not the biggest fan of games like this, but i rly rly enjoy genshin. there's just so much to do and the map is beautiful, especially for a free game. i'd encourage everyone to give it a go, even if you think you might not like it, what do you have to lose?

I once hated gacha. Then luucus happened and now I'm a Genshin player. Not gonna lie I love the open world aspect of the game and I'm absolutely in love with the Mondstat bois (come to me Diluc :pleading_face:). I never thought I'd get invested in a game like this and now I'm down 60 pulls in Xiao's banner lol help

dont blame me for your addictions FantinaFan bruh
i have a love hate relationship with this game on one hand i love the characters, their lore and playstyle on the other hand can i please get an atk% hourglass with crit dmg/crit rate substats its been 3 years please

I once hated gacha. Then luucus happened and now I'm a Genshin player. Not gonna lie I love the open world aspect of the game and I'm absolutely in love with the Mondstat bois (come to me Diluc :pleading_face:). I never thought I'd get invested in a game like this and now I'm down 60 pulls in Xiao's banner lol help
Liyue gang rise up. Xiao is the MC of the game man he's so cool and his backstory is really interesting too. Love everything about him

Reactions: Ren
Thoughts after playing for about 6 months:
- Overworld and BGM are magnificent. Many say Genshin updates are slow but I can confidently say that if you experience how well overworld is made, I would say the wait is definitely worth it.
- You have complete freedom to build using any character in any way and still progress through most of the game's content. Sure some challenges in events are going to be difficult for those who play with $0 but co-op mode exists and the gap between the highest and mediocre reward isn't that massive. It is a singleplayer game so no one really bothers you for playing at your preference.
- Even when it comes to characters that perform worse, no one is really beyond redemption (maybe except Aloy). Free characters definitely pull their weights somewhere in the game and almost no one in the game is hopelessly bad but the gap between having swiped or not is actually massive (speaking from experience as someone who owns both a seriously invested and a f2p account).
- Dailies are short. There are divided opinions about this but maybe it's because I've been to worse games and developed a thick skin around genshin's dailies or otherwise free-yet-grind-reliant tasks that help progression. But you won't miss out on anything by simply logging in to do dailies, spend resins, and log out, all of which I doubt will take over 30 minutes of your time.
- No PvP. This alone eliminates room for the game to de-escalate into a toxic pit full of self-loathing individuals who compete and make this game less friendly to new people. So as long as you play by yourself or with a few peers that you trust, you will hardly experience any stress from dealing with people.
- Despite the sizeable portion of people remaining "f2p" or free-to-play, at the end of the day this is gacha impact. As far as whaling goes, you can easily burn hundreds of dollars over pulling a character and their signature weapon alone. I am by no means the right person to say this but if you ever get into this game do your best with maintaining self-control and always consult others to minimize the swipes to obtain something you want. Once you lose the sense of reason it becomes very easy to confuse between luxury and necessity.
- For serious players that like to minmax, the game's update speed is going to be a bother. Slow resin restoration speed means once you finish all the exploration, story quests, archon quests, and hangouts, you will have nothing left to do that helps with progression. Those don't really take short time by any means, but the forced hiatus after those contents deplete combined with rng from artifacts can leave non-casuals in boredom. One can take this differently and think 'that means the game won't hold you for 10 hours a day', however.
- This is an issue with Internet as a whole but as someone who briefly had my toes inside the Genshin playerbase for intel, I can safely say that some communities around this game are far more egregious with adult humors and other inappropriate content. For such reason I think it is safe to entirely avoid getting involved into mainstream community and always choose to associate yourself with the person at your serious discretion.
https://discord.gg/fr3qSaN there's a discord server here for smogon genshin players if you all wanna join :)
Also joined this server recently and people there are cool and helpful

despite my weebtard brain and my penchant for Chinese media pretending to be Japanese media, any game that is a gacha can get fucked, either go f2p or spend your money on an actual game
Lolling at past me as somebody who has played Genshin every day for like 4 months now. It is an absolutely incredible game. However the gacha grind is real and I still cannot recommend it to anybody except those with the greatest of tolerances to gacha bullshit.

Genshin has very short dailies in comparison to many other gachas, but it makes up for it by those dailies being insanely boring. This is not the kind of game that benefits from daily play, but if you want any sense of meaningful progression, you're almost obligated to spend 30 minutes a day fucking about doing the exact same shit for the most negligible of rewards.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Lolling at past me as somebody who has played Genshin every day for like 4 months now. It is an absolutely incredible game. However the gacha grind is real and I still cannot recommend it to anybody except those with the greatest of tolerances to gacha bullshit.

Genshin has very short dailies in comparison to many other gachas, but it makes up for it by those dailies being insanely boring. This is not the kind of game that benefits from daily play, but if you want any sense of meaningful progression, you're almost obligated to spend 30 minutes a day fucking about doing the exact same shit for the most negligible of rewards.
This lol especially when it comes to artifact grind, which is literally a gacha within a gacha within a gacha (getting the right stat + sub stats and then praying to get a boost on the substat you want). Although I love the sense of progression the game gives for extensive grinds and how it obligates you to engage in various aspects of the game, most of the time it is a waste, especially considering the terrible Resin system and the amount of resources you need in order to level up characters and weapons. Where the fuck am I supposed to get all that mora with the finite amount of missions there are.

This lol especially when it comes to artifact grind, which is literally a gacha within a gacha within a gacha (getting the right stat + sub stats and then praying to get a boost on the substat you want). Although I love the sense of progression the game gives for extensive grinds and how it obligates you to engage in various aspects of the game, most of the time it is a waste, especially considering the terrible Resin system and the amount of resources you need in order to level up characters and weapons. Where the fuck am I supposed to get all that mora with the finite amount of missions there are.
I dont really mind the mora. If you do all the dailies and BP shit and the occasional leyline I find that you usually have enough. The artifact system is complete and absolute bullshit though. Having to spend weeks doing the exact same domain to get an even remotely acceptable artifact set is actual hell. I'm glad that Shimenawas and Emblem are good on so many characters else I would've stopped doing dailies long ago.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'm AR 47 so I'm right before they start trying to bleed you dry. The temptation of scarcity is starting to creep in but it's not too bad, especially considering I have over half of Inazuma left to explore. All things considered, Genshin is remarkably fair to F2P players, although the resin system could do with being a little less constricting than being strangled.

Speaking of F2P, I almost broke frame 20 minutes before the Shenhe event ended...I kept pulling the "Debate Club" and every time it felt like one of those debate bros (ben shapiro steven crowder et al) was just laughing at me. Thankfully, after complaining out loud that I wasn't getting Shenhe, I pulled her. Still F2P, for now...

I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I've been playing Genshin for a long time and mostly enjoying it. It's fantastic when it's at its best, namely exploring new areas and going through some of the better-written questlines. There's a lot of downtime between the real quality stuff though and you eventually have to spend a ton of time grinding commissions/artifacts to progress.

The one thing that's been particularly bothering me about the game recently is the text speed. The new Chasm area is great but before you can get beyond the starting areas you end up having to sit through like minimum 15 minutes of painfully drawn out, low-effort dialogue from characters that the devs didn't care enough to voice or create unique models for.

Mixing open world and gacha is lowkey kind of brilliant since it adds extra motivation to search out every location in the game; you'll never ever have enough rolls for all the characters you want, so there's always reason to explore and squeeze out everything you can find. I do hope that other devs are working on Genshin knockoffs because there's definitely a lot of room for it to improve and Mihoyo has been kind of coasting since Genshin doesn't have any real competition right now and hasn't bothered fixing/improving a lot of issues that people have been complaining about for ages like the aforementioned broken artifact grind.

But at the same time I have to appreciate some of the things it does well; the setting is pretty cool (I like the way that all of the nations have their elemental theme/god/real-world inspiration), the content updates have been pretty steady, I generally like the characters, the music ranges from good to great, etc.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
Or use anything really. It's true that some characters shine more than others, but everyone has the potential to be a fricking powerhouse with the right artifacts and weapons (except Kokomi, nice crit rate).
Seriously go watch Amber (the worst character in the game) showcases on YouTube, it's actually nuts :tyke:

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hope everyone in Mihoyo is okay but not going to complain too hard about a couple weeks to get Ayaka after losing 50/50 to Mona...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)