#genvuu Challenge #3 - Rock Bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hello, fellow UUers.

It's been a while since we had one of these, hasn't it? Well, it's time to have another one. This time around we'll be attempting to climb the ladder without using any of the following Pokemon:

• September's top 30 Pokemon in UU.
  • September's top 10 Pokemon in RU.
  • This includes Pokemon that are below 30 in UU usage but in RU's top 10.
  • The new drops we get in a couple days.
  • Pokemon listed as BL2.

That's right folks, you might as well bring your NU team--sorry :(

Should be fun.

Since we're getting new usage stats in a couple days, that's when the challenge will start, but start letting me know if you want to participate so I can add you to the list.

Participants

forum name -- ladder alt

Provide me with a NEW alt if you're going to participate, which you can only use for challenge matches.
You can register your alt by playing another tier, make sure you have 0 matches played on it in UU when you begin the challenge.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm in. I'll provide a ladder alt once the challenge actually starts, since I can't register a nick until I play a game, and I can't play a game without knowing what my team is going to be...

I have a suggestion, though. We should modify the rules to say "no using top 35/30, and also no using the top 10 / 15 in RU". This would expand the UU pool to include some niche Pokemon while teaching us more than "hey cofag / nidoqueen / esca / slowking are really good in UU", making the challenge both more difficult and more interesting.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^ I like that.

No top 30 in UU, top 10 in RU, nor any dropdowns we get (because fuck Mew) sound good?

FlareBlitz

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sounds great! This should be fun. COMIN' AT YOU GUYS WITH DUSKNOIR. Oh, you may also want to add that if a Pokemon is below top 30 in UU but above top 10 in RU, it won't be usable (probably going to be the case with cofag / nidoqueen).

Sounds like a lot of fun. UU could certainly use some freshening up. In under alt: Underatedtater

Edit: will we have to change our teams when the september stats come in?

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
This is an interesting challenge. Tests creative teambuilding.

I'll be in as gamercalfan001

Looking forward to this, it'll be fun to try to figure out how to stop the top attackers without the top walls (no Snorlax makes me worry bout Chandelure, since Snorlax has always been my go to)

Alt: UUnderdogs

^ I like that.

No top 30 in UU, top 10 in RU, nor any dropdowns we get (because fuck Mew) sound good?
What about BL2 mons they no longer count toward the top 10 of RU and some are definitely below the top 30 do they also count towards being unusable in the challenge?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
jesus this sounds hard

and awesome

alt: cim-uu01, except i can't register it without battling, so...

Nas

Banned deucer.
In, I'll be Ms Chanandler Bong. Guys, you can register your nick by playing a different tier =/ Your alt just needs to have no UU matches played...

Well, I've been messing around for a while now on this challenge (though on august stats, so I'll probably have to withdraw now unless I can be bothered to make another team). But in short, two things I really discovered were that venomoth is fantastic especially when paired with offensive suicune. Offensive suicune with a quiver dance or two under its belt is pretty much unstoppable bar phazing. Shaymin is also still really good, definitely needs to be in the top 30 IMO.

Well, I've been messing around for a while now on this challenge (though on august stats, so I'll probably have to withdraw now unless I can be bothered to make another team). But in short, two things I really discovered were that venomoth is fantastic especially when paired with offensive suicune. Offensive suicune with a quiver dance or two under its belt is pretty much unstoppable bar phazing. Shaymin is also still really good, definitely needs to be in the top 30 IMO.
Uh Venomoth is BL2 so he's not exactly allowed in this challenge, same with smashpass in case anybody tries to use that.

FlareBlitz

You should know that every single Pokemon you mention using here would disqualify you from the challenge.

Please use this usage thread for this challenge.

In other news, this is by far the hardest challenge we've run and I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)