Ghosting Tour VII - Round 2

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
approved by the TD team, credits to Aurella for most of this OP

GHOSTING TOURNAMENT VII

Welcome to the seventh Ghosting Tournament and the first in the SS OU meta! For the most part, the rules are the same from last time. I'll mark the rules that are different with a :blobstop:.

PLEASE ONLY POST WINS IF YOU'RE THE CAPTAIN. THANKS!

Battle Rules:
  • Best of 1. If you tie, you'll need to repeat.​
  • Standard SS OU rules apply. If a change is made to the tier (a mon is banned/unbanned), the change doesn't go into effect until the next round.​
  • (:blobstop:) Public Room: If you're playing on Main, please make the room public. You're going to have to post a replay anyway so there's no point in hiderooming. If your room is hidden, type /modjoin off and /publicroom.​
  • (:blobstop:)Timer: Do NOT turn on the timer in your battle until after 30 minutes have passed since it started. Use the servertime command to keep track of this (see below). This is to allow enough time to properly ghost.
    • In order to keep track of 30 minutes, type !servertime in the chat when the battle begins. Type !servertime in the chat again when you want to turn the timer on. Agreement from both sides is not required.
    • If you're on SmogTours, ask anyone that has a %, @, or ~ next to their name to turn off the timer in your battle. Try to make sure that a staff member is online before you start playing. If there isn't one, play on Main.​
  • Replays: you must post a replay of your win. You can hide it or unlist it, but you have to post it.​
Ghosting Rules:
  • You can ghost (clue's in the name).​
  • Teams can be at minimum 3 and at maximum 5.
  • There should be at least 3 players from a team present at a battle, so it's probably a good idea to form a team with similar timezones and availabilities.​
  • You must post logs of your ghosting along with your replay in your winpost (losers are also encouraged to post logs but are not required).
    • (:blobstop:) If you're playing on Main, make a groupchat (/makegroupchat) to do your ghosting. It makes it easy to just copy and paste the logs into a pastebin.​
    • If you're playing on SmogTours, use Discord, but make sure to copy and paste your logs while in compact mode.​
    • If you're in a voice call, you'll need to record a video and audio of your call and, if possible, the battle. Upload it to YouTube​
  • Please ghost in English!​
Other than that, all tournament rules and guidelines apply (minus the ones about ghosting, obviously). Failure to comply with these rules will result in a loss or a coinflip.

Most important rule to keep in mind is the timer rule:
(:blobstop:) Timer: Do NOT turn on the timer in your battle until after 30 minutes have passed since it started. Use the servertime command to keep track of this (see below). This is to allow enough time to properly ghost.
  • In order to keep track of 30 minutes, type !servertime in the chat when the battle begins. Type !servertime in the chat again when you want to turn the timer on. Agreement from both sides is not required.

Good luck and have fun!

Round 2

Wish TelePog (Jordy) vs. The Asiancy (spatulakun)
eazy win (hidden) vs. Evil Papagali (Nowh)
Yacht Club (Alumn)
vs. EVERYTHING (jeronipuff)
SONS OF juan123juan (Shoot) vs. Feel the Vibrations (Fish1899)
USW and also Kim (Boat)
vs. Phantom Troupe (Vaboh)
FREEZUGU (Confide) vs. vencemos warriors (gorex)
EL TRIDENTE (Bloody alfa) vs. Les meilleurs amis pokemon (BlazingDark
fantasmatico sinistro (Sahki)
vs. BITG (KlefkiHolder)
RNN (cromagnet42) vs. CULTO DE HURTADODO (ACR1)
ZDen la chupa (xImRaptor) vs. "posso fake pac?"(H.M.N.I.P)
Substitute Squad #1 (Pajamazz, Kit10, MegaLucario) vs. fun police (ceraa)
ghosten ohne sacred (Emre Mor 9)
vs. TBD (Dflo)
Tournament Banned (USER=192282]Star[/USER]) vs. UANM (Pais)
Actwin Fishers (Jeidell) vs. DenisOfThieves (Diophantine)
token straight (dice) vs. $w (Tace)
Nós temos fimose (blarghlfarghl)
vs. The X-Factor (stexx)

(gonna drop this and add in teams later)

Deadline is 6/11/2020, midnight EDT

Last edited:
First of all, requesting act, we scheduled 11pm -3 Friday and our opponents didnt appear. They insist on wanting to play in the morning and in the afternoon on our schedule but we have already warned him that we cannot. I'm giving them all the hours at night, 7pm to 0am -3. We either play that schedule, or we win by act.

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Round 2 Decisions:
with up to 5 members a team I'm not going to bother trying to look through all of them. if i make a mistake here let me know asap and i'll get that fixed

Nowh vs hidden - act to nowh
Bloody alfa vs BlazingDark - not sure what happened here, so flipping

Star vs Pais - considering both users/teams are pretty active it's kind of confusing how this didn't get done. since neither team has seemed to have made contact, i'll give favor to star because pais's profile is indeed blocked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)