Gimmicky Gimmicks! An OU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
After learning about the steady rise of Dual Screen Azelf, I decided to make a team to test it out. One thing I realised, was that with just light screen, Forretress could be made to take fire blasts like it takes outrages.

Making the team

Of course, if I was testing out the LS Azelf + Forretress combination, I needed them!

Next, what's the use of extensive entry hazards if you don't have a spin blocker? I looked at usage stats, and decided on Rotom-h

I needed a Tyranitar counter for Rotom, even though my Rotom carries WoW. One of the best is CB Scizor, which KOs non-babiri Tyranitar with BP.

A strange thing to notice is that Latias and Scizor have perfect synergy. Also, my team lacked a special powerhouse, as well as something that could take special hits relatively well.

Finally, I needed something that was able to clean up relatively well, and nothing does better, imo, than starmie (Resists BP, Ice Shard, Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave, which are among the most used priorities)

NOTE: I have 3 pokemon weak to U-Turn, 4 weak to ghost, and 4 weak to dark, so any suggestions would be helpful

IN DEPTH

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Explosion

Azelf is a solid lead, taunting the opponent, then setting up SR, the setting up Light Screen, and finally setting up powerful fireworks to end the day. Explosion at 289 atk is extremely powerful. As a comparison, it is as strong as Leftovers Slaking's Return.

---
Forretress (M) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/16 Def/240 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes
---

With these EVs, Forry reaches 352 defense and 432 SpD (after LS). Here are some damage calculations:

Timid Scarf Heatran Fire Blast: 61.30% - 72.03%
Modest Scarf Rotom-h Overheat: 45.20% - 53.34%
Standard Rotom-h Overheat: 33.05% - 38.98%
Standard DD Mence Fire Blast: 30.23% - 35.60%
Standard Mixape Fire Blast: 52.54% - 61.86%

Other than the fire STABs, he can take two hits, which lets him set upon layer of spikes and explode. If they do't have fire attacks (IE water), Forry can take many more hits. He helps the team with setting up always helpful entry hazards, and sometimes exploding on a problematic pokemon.

---
Rotom-h @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SpDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Pain Split
- Overheat
- Will-o-wisp
---

Rotom has excellent typing (2 weaknesses, 2 immunities). With these EVs, Rotom is remarkably bulky, and Discharge/Overheat easily KO Gyarados and Scizor, the top two threats in the metagame currently (KOs bulky Gyara after SR). WoW cripples Physical Threats that it can't do much damage to (Tyranitar), and Pain Split is for healing.

---
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---

Do I even have to explain how Scizor helps?

---
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP/128 SpA/252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Refresh
---

Latias is my setup sweeper. I've had amazing success with this in many teams. Latias' natural bulkiness, recover, refresh, and calm mind boosts make it almost impossible to take down. It also has perfect synergy with Scizor. STAB Dragon Pulse is an amazing attack, at 135 BP. Even steel types will be hurt by it, as they are weak special defensively, and are still being hit by a 67.5 BP move, with, most likely, several calm mind boosts.

---
Starmie @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
---

Starmie is there to clean up. With 115 Base Speed, few things in OU can outspeed it. In addition, it is remarkably bulky with 60/85/85 defenses, and resistances to Bullet Punch, Extremespeed, Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave. Bolt/Beam has perfect coverage (except for... Lanturn? and Shedinja), and recover is for healing off SR, Priority, and other miscellaneous damage.

Did i spell Miscellaneous wrong?

Any suggestions are helpful!

Thanks,

PI

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Well, I gave you a full 24 hours to update your Scizor description and it seems as if you haven't done that yet. Therefore, I'm locking this. If you're interested in having this thread re-opened, PM me a Scizor description, I'll edit it in, and unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)