Giratina origin forme (discussion thread)

I'm sort of dissapointed, to be honest. The speed is fairly lackluster and the offensive stats aren't even that good. 372 is like on par with Granbull and stuff. And 90 base speed isn't terribly fast either.

I suppose it has some impressive bulk on it's side, but 120 attack and 90 speed isn't terribly frightening. Especially since it can't use proper items.
You said everything x.x

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Goodness. If you all keep on repeating on the same reasons on why he sucks then I'll be handing out infractions. Think on something new before this thread gets cluttered up with "he sucks because his speed is lackluster" or "120 SA isn't threatening enough". Or better yet think of something positive and actually try to work this thing. Come on you all can do better than this

At the moment (not right now), I am using this spread for Origintina
18 HP / 24 Spd / 248 SAtk / 220 SDef. Modest (may have more speed than shown).

I'm not quite sure how it will work out in practice, since I only used it once yesterday, but on paper it can survive some handy stuff

369-371 SAtk Kyogre's Surf on this: 97-114.
This means, 87.5% of the time, Surf is a 5HKO, meaning you could Rest, Thunder, rinse and repeat. Just watch out for CHes, especially if you both have 6 CMs lol.

399 SA Kyogre's Specs Ice Beam on a CMed Origintina: 188-222
. This is a 3HKO. Of course Stealth Rock has to go ruin that, but on the plus side you live with at worst 37.75%, which gives you a 75% chance of surviving an unboosed Dark Pulse from Timid Darkrai, in which you can return the favor with Dragon Pulse and OHKO it (unless a flinch happens >_>).

399 SA Timid Dialga's unboosted Draco Meteor vs Origintina with one CM: 276-326
Timid Dialga OHKOing Giratina with Draco Meteor argument is invalidated. Since Draco can do up to 73%, it won't even OHKO with 2 SR damages. I noted that you didn't mention after a CM, but then again what dragon besides Dialga can take a Draco Meteor and survive after an SR?

Well there's more than this obviously but I'll stop here for now. The boosted SA gives it a high chance of 2HKOing Kyogre and Groudon without a boost. No HP Kyogres are OHKOed by CMed Thunder after SR damage (if no Leftovers), and the same goes to no HP/SDef Mewtwo (again, if no Lefties)

Well not your ev spread i guess, and yea i guess it can survive but thats with no boosting item still.

EDIT: Your ev spread on that Cm tina looks good and I think with that spread he'll be decent being able to take hits like that and dish them out.

WTf.. this thing is useless without the Platinum orb.. I relly hope theres a PC or Something in the Tornworld..

Id rather go with the Lonely/Naughty Nature With Balanced stats...

I agree that Shadow Force could be great, especially with some spiker in a stall team to hurt them with spikes as they switch in to something to take that move.

Also Shadow Force benefits from his low speed and high HP

I almost think regular Giratina would do better in some ways if it was running an all physical set... with a Choice Band it gets 492 attack, while the Origin form is using 462 attack... IF it is using Ghost or Dragon attacks.

Seeing as Shadow Force is going to lock you in anyways, Choice Band Giratina might be pretty good. Outrage, EQ, Dragon/Shadow Claw, Shadow Force

I think the original Giratina will be the more commonly used Giratina because sure a boosted Special attack is useful in some case, but first of all, for Uber, 120 base special attack is somewhat decent when you have Pokemon like Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, Mewtwo and Kyogre all having 150+ base special attacks. Second of all, Giratina is meant to be a mega wall, like Lugia. Taking away a chunk of it's defense to make room for special attack takes it away from it's purpose. Would Blissey be as effective if you threw it's Special Defense down to 100 base but boosted it's special attack to 100 or 110?
Outrage is also an bad move to have on Giratina because Giratinas point is to last, but constantly switching out because of confusion or worse taking confusion damage without a reliable recovery move for a wall isn't smart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)