Glacial Tempest
An LC RMT by 067jox

wingull.gif

onix.gif
wynaut.gif
snover.gif
munchlax.gif
timburr.gif

Hello, my name is Jordi (067jox) and I made a new RMT. This team is the most fun SWSH team I have every used and it’s not bad at all. I couldn’t make it to 20-0 sadly enough but that’s because this ladder meta is a mess right now and hax is still around. This meta is really matchup based with little comeback if you can play well and surprise your opponent. So let’s go over the team!!

Teambuilding Process
snover.gif

I started this team with Snover just because I was tired of losing against manual sun. Sun is disgusting this meta and you can lose vs it even with the most solid meta team. So why aren’t people using Snover more? well it has its matchups of course so let’s go over the ups and downs

+ The Grass/Ice typing allows it to switch into Chinchou.
+ It's a good offensive Corpish check.
+ There aren’t many ice switch ins that can also take grass attacks on lc other than Pawniard, Ferroseed and Ponyta.
+ It has an auto win against manual sun.
- It's weak to fighting priority and U-turn.
- Snover is a pretty slow scarfer with 14speed.
- Bad coverage options other than it stabs.
- Pokémon’s can setup on Snover pretty easily after it used it move. Think about Shellder and Corpish on blizzard or scraggy in general.

Damn. so you're saying that his stabs are the only good moves you can run on Snover?? Sounds kind of bad... Well we go over the moves later on. While we can't remove all possible counters of Snover we can try to remove some

wynaut.gif
snover (1).gif

Another unused mon this meta. Kind of thought Wynaut go with it Wynaut traps Timburr while also trapping Shellos and Bronzor to make Snover sweep more easily. Try to trap Timburr no matter what happened as you need it gone for the team. The other move I have on Wynaut is Destiny Bond to win against substitute Diglett. Watch the video if you want to know how you beat substitute Diglett with a Wynaut.

onix.gif
wynaut (1).gif
snover (1).gif

Onix Was a great mon to combine with Snover as it checks fire and flying types while Snover can revenge Corpish if it would setup. Wynaut was also the perfect combination because it could trap Timburr and Shellos for the Onix as well. Onix sets up rocks and protects you from Zigzagoon. You can run a more offensive set with Dragon Dance Rockhead but that’s all up to you.

wingull.gif

onix (1).gif
wynaut (1).gif
snover (1).gif

The next Pokémon was Wingull. I wanted speed control, a better matchup against webs and another fighting check for fighting types that aren't called Timburr. Wingull does all and works well with the team. Because of Snover you can run Blizzard on Wingull for some cheap Vullaby kills without missing, With Onix and Snover you can player around Chinchou and with Wynaut you can get a free sub if you get a good encore into status move.

wingull (1).gif

timburr.gif
onix (1).gif
wynaut (1).gif
snover (1).gif

2 Pokémon weak to Stealth Rocks damn... But do not fear, Timburr is here. There weaknesses this team still had were Stealth Rocks, Scraggy, Dragon Dance Onix and Scarf Pawniard could be kind of annoying. I really like Timburr on here as it gives you strong priority, Knock Off and hazard control.

Let’s go over the current weaknesses we still have. We can't beat Spritzee, Trick room would go out of the hand, Trapinch is annoying with First Impression, Scraggy still has a field day even with Timburr, Wingull mu might cause issues if it gets a sub on a switch and as last Ponyta in sun as it doesn't care about Snover... What covers almost all... There were a couple of ways we could go.

pawniard.gif

Pawniard would check the Spritzee, gives you another good Shellder and Zigzagoon check and a Wingull switch in. It has nice priority. It wouldn’t help against the Ponyta and Scraggy but it's not the worst choice

mareanie.gif

Probably the better play as it checks Spritzee and can outspeed the Nasty Plot set with some speed. It would also make the Scraggy matchup better, Ponyta in Sun could not break it and you can Recover stall the sun, Trapinch would not be able to trap it because you outspeed and you would have a decent Wingull pivot. Man this checks everything... so why not go for it Jox?? Well I’m kind of crazy and wanted to make the team more interesting.

wingull (1).gif

munchlax.gif
timburr (1).gif
onix (1).gif
wynaut (1).gif
snover (1).gif

Why go Munchlax!! This thing doesn't do shit UGH... Wrong... This thing is perfection itself. So let’s go over the things we need to check. Spritzee, well Munchlax learns Gunk Shot. Trick Room... yeah Munch is slow enough to take it on. Scraggy... meh probably the hardest matchup but superpower does 20hp to Eviolite scraggy and it will one shot Berry Juice so you have that going for you. It would totally wall Pony in the sun and the nicest thing is: this thing can actually hit Ferroseed and outspeed it while Mareanie couldn’t do it. I love it.

The Team
snover.gif

Cryogeen (Snover) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 180 SpA / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Ice/Grass coverage hits everything except Steel and Fire types. You can run Shadow Ball for Bronzor or Water Pulse for fire types but it's not worth it. Blizzard hits everything really hard and can potentially freeze. Freezing the opponent means you have taken out at least one Snover check forcing them to go for Flare Blitz or Scald making the play pretty obvious. Gig Drain for healing, Energy Ball for damage and Ice Beam if the Hail runs out the turn you want to go out into Snover.

wynaut.gif

Yuki Jyorou (Wynaut) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 156 HP / 52 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter

- Mirror Coat

Everyone knows how Wynaut works right? You trap something, Encore and press Counter or Mirror Coat. You have 13speed and you will outspeed Timburr locking it in the last move he used. Use Destiny Bond against slower Pokémon’s that would kill you otherwise.​

onix.gif

Glacial Erratic (Onix) @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

You can run every Onix on this team and it would still work. Rocks are good but can be Dragon Dance because you will trap Timburr, Explosion is for momentum and just stab to hit the opponent. Endure > Explosion might give you the edge over Scraggy but I rather lure the Knock Off into Onix and pressing Explosion. You can go Rockhead Head Smash but it will miss if I use it.

wingull.gif

Anivia (Wingull) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rain Dish
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Scald
- Blizzard
- Substitute

I know that Hurricane has 70% acc in hail and it’s not like sun but I still dislike missing. Air Slash can always flinch but you can run Hurricane > Blizzard. I love Blizzard because it kills Vullaby, it can freeze on switch in and its hype. Substitute is just an option you can go for against Pawniard or scout if the Chinchou you face is Scarf and would go for Volt Switch.​

timburr.gif

Cocytus (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Defog

First time in a while that I’m not running Guts max SpD. This Timburr tanks a Brave Bird from an Vullaby and its better vs the Scraggy and Dragon Dance Onix Matchup. Ironfist allows it to do more damage and the extra healing from a boosted Drain Punch is always welcome. Timburr beats almost every hazard stacker in lc so Defog is great.

munchlax.gif

Jack Frost (Munchlax) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 76 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot
- Recycle

Munchlax does what I listed above but there are some changes you can make. Pick Up allows you to gain back Berry Juice after a Knock Off against things like Vullaby if you stay in to Body Slam but the fire resist is kind of big. You can swap Body Slam to Facade to have the perfect Ponyta matchup but the Paralyse might change the outcome of the game.​

Threats
5.gif

Spritzee: Spritzee can win if Munchlax gets Trapped. Probably on par with scraggy for the hardest matchup

3.gif

Scraggy: Scraggy can setup on a ton of Pokémon and it's hard to kill on this team because only Timburr can take a hit against it. try to have Timburr or Wingull out after you kill a Pokémon to make the number of times scraggy can switch in as little as possible.

1.gif

Farfetch: A fighting type that outspeed Wynaut and hits Timburr with Brave Bird. you have answers for both Scarf and Eviolite just know that this is a hard Pokémon to switch into.

4.gif

Croagunk: Croagunk is another fighting types that can't be trapped by Wynaut. You should be able to beat physical Croagunk no problem, Special is the problem. Try to keep Wingull healthy to revenge it.

2.gif

Darumaka: Scarf Darumaka can switch into Snover and outspeed it. It can Flare Blitz to hit anything hard, U-turn to gain momentum or Super Power predicting Onix or Munchlax to come out. You will struggle every time this thing is out.

mareanie.gif
munchlax (1).gif

Ps: Try Mareanie with maybe 15speed if you're having trouble with Munchlax.

Proof
30-3.png

Teambuilding video

Shoutouts MDL
Osh : Thank you with recording and laddering. I had a great time hitting all the blizzards and landing all the freezes.

Wail Wailord : You came with a lot of cool sets after rebuilding the team 6 times. Thnx for the good vibes

taranteeeno : I ladderd with you for a full night with this team and it was great.

The Amuse : You didn't snipe me for my 30th win... that’s a first time.

Team Munchlax

Team Mareanie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)