Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 64 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 20 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt

Raging Bolt is here to provide priority against fast sweeper Pokemon that could probably end my entire team with just a few clicks. It also doubles as a win condition itself, wherein it can stack on Calm Mind boosts against passive Pokémon or Pokémon it forces out with its priority Electric STAB. It's speed investment allows it to outspeed uninvested Gliscor and KO it with enough chip or Calm MInd boosts.

Xueyi (Iron Valiant) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Quark Drive
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Iron Valiant is here to take out bulky Physical Walls and destroy them with its STAB and coverage. Moonblast is just good neutral STAB against any threat. Psyshock is useful against any Special Walls that threaten to switch in, Shadow Ball is useful against Pokémon likes Defensive Gholdengo and G-Slowking, and Thunderbolt can be clicked against a Bulky Water or Corviknight or Skarmory.

Acheron (Gliscor) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Protect
- Toxic

Ye Olde Poison Heal Gliscor, walling most Physical Breakers/Sweeper, healing back the damage residually with Poison Heal. It really does the same thing as any run-of-the-mill Gliscor. Spikes, Earthquake, Toxic, Protect, all necessary arsenals in its kit.

Sushang (Empoleon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flip Turn
- Surf
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Empoleon is a bit of a niche pick, but hear me out. Empoleon partnered with Gliscor means that they resist each other's weaknesses, as Empoleon resists Gliscor's fears of Water and Ice, and Gliscor soaks up Ground and Fighting attacks for Empoleon. It also runs minimum Speed to pull off a slow Flip Turn, getting in my fast threats quickly and safely.

Serval (Meowscarada) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- Triple Axel
- U-turn

Meowscarada is really just a fast Pivot and Breaker, eliminating Special Walls and any enemy that would take massive damage from its STABs. Knock Off is used to remove key items from enemy Pokémon like Heavy-Duty Boots or Leftovers, allowing them to be chipped down faster. Flower Trick and Triple Axel are just standard attacks against any Pokémon weak to those typings. U-turn is just really your standard Pivoting move, getting out of hairy situations quickly.

Hook (Cinderace) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch
- Court Change

Cinderace is mostly here for being a fast Pivot to accompany Meowscarada. It helps turn the tables against any Hazard Stacking teams with Court Change, negating their Hazards with its Heavy-Duty Boots. It also checks Pokémon like Gholdengo and maybe Skarmory, as its Pyro Ball can defeat them, whilst its Court Change deals with their Hazards.

VicBossMG

MGS enthusiast
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
I like the idea for the defensive core, but having specs iron val might be better off with trick over thunderbolt to cripple switch ins. Another option is going mix Val with moon blast, knock off, close combat, encore which is pretty good overall with 40 atk 216 sp atk, naive nature 252 speed booster energy Tera steel (finch’s set) another is CM, moonblast, shadow ball, pyshock tera ghost 252 sp atk 252 speed timid as Tera ghost can help finish off glowking after a CM if they switch in if you predict or help finish off gholdengo on switch ins while giving you a immunity to extreme speed from dnite.

For hazard control I see no point in cinderace if you have hazards yourself, which if they have hazards you’ll potentially get one court change off and then they can follow up later in the game to get it back up especially if they are heavy duty boots spam. I would suggest great tusk with rapid spin, Templar flare, headlong rush, ice spinner with boots 252 attack 252 speed jolly as Templar flare doubles in power if it misses a move like headlong rush on corv or skarm or air balloon dengo (rapid spin as well) and becomes 150 BSP. Heavy duty boots for the item and Tera fire for fairy resist and stab on Templar flare.

Meowscarada Is a great choice with its pivot and great moveset, but can probably go Tera ice for max damage or grass, but another item option can be boots as well.

Another option is kingambit over Meowscarada can be kingambit as it gives you another priority user and a stall breaker as well as a late game win con if raging bolt of iron val happen to get KOd. 252 attack 252 speed with adamant or jolly for the skarm match up with kowtow( or iron head) low kick, swords dance, sucker punch with leftovers or Lum berry Tera fighting to help vs stall since it can 3HKO dozo with three fallen with Tera fighting low kick. Another set can be black glasses with kowtow, iron head, SD, sucker punch Tera dark. This set just hits everything hard with Tera and can ohko roaring moon after a +2 with sucker punch Tera dark with five fallen and potentially ohko great tusk at +4 as well with five fallen. Another Tera options are ghost or fairy and if wanted ters blast for Tera fairy.

Miyoko

Nature lover
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Hi! I like the idea of such a defensive core but few things to be noted
1) Firstly, try providing a pokepaste for the team
2) Try providing the matchups it is bad against also called Potential Threads
3) Provide some replays with this team please
4) U can check the RMT rules and guidelines (requirements thread) to make it better

The team is cool though but u can make a few changes to make it better.
1) Try using max speed Raging bolt :raging bolt:
Raging bolt's main aim is to sweep so u can pair it with booster energy :booster energy: or leftovers :leftovers: to make it work properly. Your set is fine but use max speed. This helps u beat strong Pokemon like Kingambit and also counters slow Great tusk and Landorus-therian. Choice Specs also works
My suggestion sets are
:sv/raging bolt: :choice specs:
Raging Bolt @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast
- Thunderbolt
This is good for volt turn strat, pair it with some u-turner and this can become undefeated strat
:sv/raging bolt: :leftovers:
Raging Bolt @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Clap
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
This is calm mind set up sweeper set. U know how it works
:sv/raging bolt: :booster energy:
(Raging Bolt) @ Booster Energy
Modest Nature
- Thunderclap
- Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
Booster energy in place of lefties can help u attack strongly without even calm mind set up
2) Try :weavile: in place of :Meowscarada:
Try using Choice Band weavile. This hits harder and has stab Triple Axel with access to Low Kick which hits Kingambit, a very big potential threat. U can try using both CB / HDB sets whichever works better
:sv/weavile: :heavy-duty-boots:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ghost / Ice
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard / Low Kick
- Swords Dance
:sv/weavile: :choice band:
Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
3) Replace :Cinderace: with :great tusk:
If u have ur own hazards setup then why do u need court change, it will switch ur own hazards to ur side. Thus, run great tusk, u can use both defensive set / offensive set but don't forget to keep ice spinner for landorus-therian lol. I would suggest the following sets
:sv/great tusk: :leftovers:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Water / Ice
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Ice Spinner
- Rapid Spin
This set is for stealth rock set up + rapid spin and it's bulky enough to live hits from other mons so u can set up / switch freely. Also a good kingambit counter
:sv/great tusk: :heavy-duty-boots:
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ground / Fire / Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off / Temper Flare
- Rapid Spin
This is the offensive utility set, it doesn't set up it's own rocks but counters many mons and counters many offensive threats as well. I find this set and mon very useful as this beats corv all times and Skarmory most times which is truly an achievement
4) Try Specs :enamorus: in place of :valiant:
I know valiant is faster but there are a few reasons why I would always prefer specs enamorus more than other specs users
  • It has access to other coverage moves like Earth Power, Psychic and Mystical Fire, something that iron valiant can't do because it can only use Focus Blast (70% accurate) and Aura Sphere (weak move). So, u can use this in a better way
  • It has access to Healing Wish which means it can heal ur team back during the death times of ur team. I personally struggled on ladder a lot when oppo used healing wish and swept me later.
Thus, I would suggest to use Enamorus :enamorus:. Possible sets are Choice Specs and Choice Scarf
:sv/enamorus: :choice specs:
(Enamorus) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Ground / Fairy
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish
This set is the raging bolt answer, it can Tera Ground and beat raging bolt as ground can beat faster thunder clap and ofc Tera gives stab on ep which means higher dmg
:sv/enamorus: :choice scarf:
Enamorus (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast
- Healing Wish
This is the Stellar booster set, it can sweep late game and is very helpful

Ucan also try :dragapult: Dragapult. It is also very useful since it is very fast and hits super hard as well. I would suggest using this over val too. I prefer dragapult for a few reasons
  • The first reason is that it is fast which means u can hit before ur opponent even moves which means u can bring ur position in a lead already
  • The second reason is that it has access to U-turn which means it can switch out to keep momentum and keeps ur mon healthy, u don't even need to fear hazards cuz yea u can rapid spin so yea free switching basically
:sv/dragapult: :choice specs:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
This set hits all mons hard and basically harder than val, I always liked pult and preferred it and also suggesting the same to u
:sv/dragapult: :choice specs:
Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Steel / Water
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Surf
- U-turn
This set has the same function just with a bit different moves.

Alternative options for this team
You can use Kingambit, primarina and Landorus int his team. The sets are
:sv/landorus-therian: :Rocky Helmet:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
:sv/landorus-therian: :Rocky helmet:
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 HP / 44 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- U-turn
:sv/primarina: :heavy-duty-boots:
Primarina @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 80 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Psychic Noise
:sv/kingambit: :leftovers: / :black glasses:
Kingambit @ Leftovers / Black Glasses
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head / Low Kick
- Kowtow Cleave
:sv/ting-lu: :leftovers:
Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 220 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Ruination
- Whirlwind
:sv/slowking-galar: :assault vest:
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 176 SpA / 32 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
:sv/slowking-galar: :heavy-duty-boots:
Slowking-Galar (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
:sv/Dragonite: :heavy-duty-boots:
Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner
- Extreme Speed
:sv/volcarona: :heavy-duty-boots:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 136 HP / 4 Def / 152 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast
- Morning Sun

This is my preference to the team. I hope u will like it. Overall the team is very good and I like the idea of making use of empoleon. Thank you!
:sv/mew: Bye :sv/mew:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)