move 3: Toxic
move 4: Spikes / Knock Off / Taunt
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Impish / Careful
evs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe or 244 HP / 80 Def / 140 SpD / 44 Spe
tera type: Water

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Gliscor is a great pivot in Ubers thanks to its many positive traits. Poison Heal grants it excellent passive recovery and a status immunity, meaning that it can sit on Pokemon like non-Ice Beam Dragon Dance Arceus-Ground, Groudon, Clodsire, Toxapex, Skeledirge, and Ting-Lu, after its Toxic Orb has been activated. Its excellent bulk lets it tank hits from and trade hits with metagame beasts like Zacian-C and Koraidon, with Protect giving Gliscor the ability to scout moves and stay healthy throughout the game. Lastly, its very useful Ground immunity lets it annoy common Ground-type Pokemon like Groudon and Landorus-T while also being Spikes-immune.
  • Unfortunately for Gliscor, its low base Special Defense means it gets exploited and forced out by many common special attackers, namely Kyogre, Miraidon, Flutter Mane, and Calm Mind Arceus formes. The aforementioned Zacian-C and Koraidon can also overwhelm Gliscor after a Swords Dance, forcing it to Terastallize to not succumb to their attacks. Lastly, Gliscor's offenses are mediocre, meaning that Taunt Pokemon like Arceus formes and Koraidon can effectively shut it down, as they take very little damage from Earthquake.
  • Gliscor is a good user of Spikes, as it commonly annoys most Defog and Rapid Spin Pokemon, such as Giratina-O and Great Tusk, with Toxic. Corviknight stands out as the only Pokemon that is immune to Toxic, is immune to Earthquake, and can stall out Spikes with Defog and Pressure.
  • Knock Off can be used instead to cripple Pokemon like Landorus-T, Kyogre, and Ting-Lu, as well as opposing Gliscor if it doesn't use Protect before its Toxic Orb has been activated. Knock Off can also cripple Heavy-Duty Boots Pokemon like Eternatus, and it is best used with Pokemon that can lay Spikes, like Ting-Lu and Clodsire, both of which appreciate Gliscor's ability to cripple and wear down hazard removal Pokemon like Giratina-O. However, with Arceus formes everywhere in the tier, which can absorb Knock Off without losing their items, Knock Off is usually unable to cripple most Pokemon. Nonetheless, said Arceus formes still fear Toxic from Gliscor.
  • Lastly, Taunt is also an option for Gliscor to deny entry hazard attempts from slower Pokemon like Ting-Lu, Landorus-T, opposing uninvested Gliscor, and Clodsire while also denying recovery from Arceus formes and Clodsire on the switch.
  • The given spread lets Gliscor outspeed uninvested base 100 Speed Pokemon. The remaining EVs maximize bulk, allowing Gliscor to avoid the 2HKO and OHKO from Zacian-C's +1 and +3 Behemoth Blade, respectively.
  • Another possible EV spread is 244 HP / 80 Def / 140 SpD / 44 Spe with a Careful nature. This makes Gliscor able to survive an unboosted Ice Beam from support Arceus formes from full, letting it use Toxic on them. This can come in handy, as support Arceus formes can be an annoyance to the teams Gliscor usually sees play in. However, this spread leaves Gliscor 2HKOed and OHKOed by a +1 and +3 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C, respectively, and OHKOed by +2 Scale Shot from Koraidon.
  • Tera Water lets Gliscor resist the Water- and Ice-type attacks that are commonly thrown at it such as Ice Beam from Arceus-Ground, Glacial Lance from Calyrex-I, and Kyogre's moves. Tera Water also allows it to resist Zacian-C's Behemoth Blade and Koraidon's Flare Blitz, which is equally important. However, Terastallizing leaves Gliscor unable to switch into Ground-type Pokemon like Dragon Dance Arceus-Ground. Furthermore, it makes Gliscor become affected by Spikes and take super effective damage from Miraidon's Electro Drift instead of being immune to it.
  • Gliscor wants to activate its Toxic Orb as soon as possible in order to continuously be able to check and switch in on threats, so it is advised to quickly get it in the field and use Protect to ensure it gets poisoned. Gliscor is an annoyance for teams that have multiple physical attackers like Koraidon and Zacian-C, so its HP should be preserved in order to comfortably tank their hits. However, Gliscor should not be the only switch-in to the aforementioned Pokemon, as it can get overwhelmed fairly easily, due to them commonly running Swords Dance.
  • Gliscor's Special Defense is on the lower side, with Pokemon like Calm Mind Arceus formes, Miraidon, Kyogre, and Eternatus taking advantage of this to wreak havoc with powerful attacks or, in Eternatus's case, threaten to set Toxic Spikes. Because of this, Pokemon like Ting-Lu and Water Absorb Clodsire are recommended teammates. Pokemon like Arceus-Water and Kyogre can take on the Ice-type attacks that OHKO Gliscor while also helping it not get potentially overwhelmed by Koraidon and Zacian-C.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/corvere.306317/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/manaphy.50695/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ox04.507268/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/wrathoftheleopard.511181/

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I'm not an expert on Gliscor EVs but is no special defense set worth a mention?

Gliscor is a great and effective pivot in Ubers thanks to its many positive traits. Poison Heal grants it excellent passive recovery and status immunity, meaning that it can sit on Pokemon like Dragon Dance Arceus-Ground, Alomomola, Clodsire, and Ting-Lu, after its Toxic Orb has been activated. Its excellent bulk lets it tank and trade hits with metagame beasts like Zacian-C and Koraidon, with Protect giving Gliscor the ability to scout moves and stay healthy throughout the game.
I think it's worth mentioning Gliscor has a useful Ground-type and Spikes immunity here
Gliscor is a good user of Spikes as it commonly annoys most Defog and Rapid Spin Pokemon, such as Giratina-O and Great Tusk with Toxic; Giratina-O will have to be using one of Tera Poison or Tera Steel to comfortably beat Gliscor one-on-one, as well as having Hex on its moveset. Pokemon immune to Toxic, like Iron Treads, dislike taking an Earthquake from Gliscor, making them unsafe to switch into it.
You'll hate me for it but you have to mention Corviknight as a great Gliscor check somewhere, as Gliscor literally cannot damage it and Corv sits on it with Pressure and Defog.
Knock Off can be used instead to cripple Pokemon like Landorus-T, Kyogre, Clodsire, as well as opposing Gliscor if they don't Protect against it. However, with Arceus formes everywhere in the tier, Knock Off is usually unable to cripple most stuff. Nonetheless, unless said Arceus formes are running Taunt or Ice Beam, they won't like to be switching into Gliscor in fear of a Toxic.
This is a little too verbose IMO; the stuff about Arceus forms isn't really necessary to be that long as they all fear Toxic. Instead I think you should mention Knock Off's use when Gliscor is paired with a teammate that already provides Spikes support (like Ting-Lu and Clod which you mention below).
Gliscor wants to have its Toxic Orb activated as soon as possible in order to continously be checking and pivoting on threats; therefore, unless the possibility that the opposing team has a Substitute Pokemon like Miraidon is present, it is adviced to lead Gliscor and click Protect on the first turn in order to accomplish this.
This feels a little weird to mention? Like if every Gliscor team did this it'd be super predictable. I think some more general "get in Gliscor early" advice is better.
Pokemon immune to Toxic, like Iron Treads, dislike taking an Earthquake from Gliscor, making them unsafe to switch into it.
Remove this also

1/2

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
I'm not an expert on Gliscor EVs but is no special defense set worth a mention?

I think it's worth mentioning Gliscor has a useful Ground-type and Spikes immunity here

You'll hate me for it but you have to mention Corviknight as a great Gliscor check somewhere, as Gliscor literally cannot damage it and Corv sits on it with Pressure and Defog.

This is a little too verbose IMO; the stuff about Arceus forms isn't really necessary to be that long as they all fear Toxic. Instead I think you should mention Knock Off's use when Gliscor is paired with a teammate that already provides Spikes support (like Ting-Lu and Clod which you mention below).

This feels a little weird to mention? Like if every Gliscor team did this it'd be super predictable. I think some more general "get in Gliscor early" advice is better.

Remove this also

1/2
implemented

I tested and I think this is the best move order for the last moveslot: Spikes / U-turn / Knock Off / Taunt. I am assuming you know what U-turn does (lol). Taunt is good for stopping hazards, healing attempts, and opposing Taunt, especially good vs Lando-T, Corv, and opposing Gliscor.

Unfortunately for Gliscor, its low base Special Defense means it gets exploited and forced out the field by common special attackers in the tier, namely Kyogre, Miraidon, Flutter Mane, and Calm Mind Arceus formes.
About that, we should take EVs out of Def not HP specifically because of this. So should be 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe.
Knock Off can be used instead to cripple Pokemon like Landorus-T, Kyogre, Clodsire, as well as opposing Gliscor if they don't Protect against it. Knock Off is best used with Pokemon that can lay Spikes, like Ting-Lu and Clodsire, both of which appreciate Gliscor's ability to cripple and wear down checks to them. However, with Arceus formes everywhere in the tier, Knock Off is usually unable to cripple most stuff. Nonetheless, said Arceus formes still fear Toxic from Gliscor.
Entire Knock Off section without mention of HDB? Just mention HDB users with Etern as an example.
Tera Water lets Gliscor resist the Water and Ice-type attacks that are commonly thrown at it such as Ice Beam from Arceus-Ground and Glacial Lance from Calyrex-Ice. Tera Water also allows it to resist Zacian-C's Behemoth Blade and Koraidon's Flare Blitz, two moves equally as important to resist. However, this leaves Gliscor unable to switch into Ground-type Pokemon like Dragon Dance Arceus-Ground. Furthermore, it is also now affected by Spikes and takes supereffective damage from Miraidon's Electro Drift instead of being immune to it.
Mention Kyogre.
Gliscor is an annoyance for teams that have multiple physical attackers like Koraidon, Zacian-C, and Extreme Killer Arceus
Maybe remove Extreme Killer Arceus beacuse the standard set runs Taunt and uses it as setup fodder.

Really good analysis, QC: 2/2.

add remove comment

:dp/gliscor:
^ omw to make your life miserable

[SET]
name: Defensive Pivot
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Protect
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Spikes / Knock Off / Taunt
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Impish / Careful
evs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe or 244 HP / 80 Def / 140 SpD / 44 Spe
tera type: Water

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Gliscor is a great and effective pivot in Ubers thanks to its many positive traits. Poison Heal grants it excellent passive recovery and a status immunity, meaning that it can sit on Pokemon like non-Ice Beam Dragon Dance Arceus-Ground, Groudon, Clodsire, Toxapex, Skeledirge, and Ting-Lu, after its Toxic Orb has been activated. Its excellent bulk lets it tank hits from and trade hits with metagame beasts like Zacian-C and Koraidon, with Protect giving Gliscor the ability to scout moves and stay healthy throughout the game. Lastly, its very useful Ground immunity lets it annoy common Ground-type Pokemon in the format like Groudon and Landorus-T while also being Spikes immune Spikes-immune.
  • Unfortunately for Gliscor, its low base Special Defense means it gets exploited and forced out the field by common special attackers in the tier, namely Kyogre, Miraidon, Flutter Mane, and Calm Mind Arceus formes. The aforementioned Zacian-C and Koraidon can also overwhelm Gliscor after a Swords Dance, forcing a defensive Terastalization it to Terastallize (I assume you're talking about Gliscor Terastallizing rather than a Terastallization in general; leave it if not) to not succumb to their attacks. Lastly, Gliscor's offenses are mediocre, meaning that Taunt Pokemon like Arceus formes and Koraidon can effectively shut it down, as they take very little damage from Earthquake.
  • Gliscor is a good user of Spikes, (comma) as it commonly annoys most Defog and Rapid Spin Pokemon, such as Giratina-O and Great Tusk, with Toxic. Corviknight stands out as the only Pokemon that is immune to Toxic, is immune to Earthquake, and can stall out Spikes with Defog and Pressure.
  • Knock Off can be used instead to cripple Pokemon like Landorus-T, Kyogre, and Ting-Lu, as well as opposing Gliscor if they don't it doesn't use Protect against it before its Toxic Orb has been activated. Knock Off can also cripple Heavy-Duty Boots Pokemon like Eternatus, and it is best used with Pokemon that can lay Spikes, like Ting-Lu and Clodsire, both of which appreciate Gliscor's ability to cripple and wear down checks to them. (maybe give examples) However, with Arceus formes (maybe add ", which can absorb Knock Off without losing their items," to make it clearer) everywhere in the tier, Knock Off is usually unable to cripple most stuff Pokemon. Nonetheless, said Arceus formes still fear Toxic from Gliscor.
  • Lastly, Taunt is also an option for Gliscor to deny entry hazard attempts from slower Pokemon like Ting-Lu, Landorus-T, opposing Gliscor, and Clodsire, (comma) while also denying recovery from Clodsire and Arceus formes on the switch. (I'd swap the order of Clodsire and Arceus formes if "on the switch" doesn't apply to Clodsire)
  • The given spread lets Gliscor outspeed uninvested base 100 Speed Pokemon. The remaining EVs maximize bulk, allowing Gliscor to avoid the 2HKO and OHKO from Zacian-C's +1 and +3 Behemoth Blade, respectively.
  • Another possible EV spread is 244 HP / 80 Def / 140 SpD / 44 Spe with a Careful nature. This makes Gliscor able to survive an unboosted Ice Beam from support Arceus formes from full, letting it use Toxic on them. This can come in handy, (comma) as support Arceus formes can be an annoyance to the teams Gliscor usually sees play in. However, this spread leaves Gliscor 2HKOed and OHKOed by a +1 and +3 Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C, respectively, and OHKOed by +2 Scale Shot from Koraidon.
  • Tera Water lets Gliscor resist the Water Water- and Ice-type attacks that are commonly thrown at it such as Ice Beam from Arceus-Ground, Glacial Lance from Calyrex-Ice Calyrex-I, and Kyogre's attacks moves. Tera Water also allows it to resist Zacian-C's Behemoth Blade and Koraidon's Flare Blitz, two moves equally as important to resist which is equally important. (I assume you mean as important to resist as the Water- and Ice-type moves rather than each other; leave it if not) However, this Terastallizing leaves Gliscor unable to switch into Ground-type Pokemon like Dragon Dance Arceus-Ground. Furthermore, it is also now makes Gliscor become affected by Spikes and takes supereffective take super effective damage from Miraidon's Electro Drift instead of being immune to it.
  • Gliscor wants to activate it's its Toxic Orb as soon as possible in order to continuously be checking and pivoting be able to check and switch in on threats, so it is adviced advised to quickly get it in the field as soon as possible and click use Protect to ensure this it gets poisoned. Gliscor is an annoyance for teams that have multiple physical attackers like Koraidon and Zacian-C, so its HP should be preserved in order to comfortably tank their hits. However, Gliscor should not be the only pivot to switch-in to the aforementioned Pokemon, as it can get overwhelmed fairly easily, due to them commonly running Swords Dance in their moveset.
  • Gliscor's Special Defense is on the lower side, with Pokemon like Calm Mind Arceus formes, Miraidon, Kyogre, and Eternatus, (comma) taking advantage of this to break wreak havoc with powerful attacks, (comma) or, (comma) in Eternatus' Eternatus's case, threaten to spread set Toxic Spikes. Because of this, Pokemon like Ting-Lu and Water Absorb Clodsire are recommended teammates. Pokemon like Arceus-Water and Kyogre can take on the Ice-type attacks that OHKO Gliscor while also helping it not get potentially overwhelmed by Koraidon and Zacian-C.

[SET CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/corvere.306317/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/manaphy.50695/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/ox04.507268/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/user4.104/

1/1 GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)