SS OU GloWole Offense

bw sprites are x100000 cooler than 3d ones - change my mind. btw importable here
https://pokepast.es/130c58167ae9d4b3

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole:

I wanted to start with this core because it provides great bulk and defensive presence against common threats while dishing out great offense. The amazing defense-into-offense synergy these two have is incredible and I wanted to exploit it with a fast-paced offensive team

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini:

Fini covers the massive shifu+pult and heatran weakness of the initial core, while providing great speed control against sd weavile and other miscellaneous threats. Trick also helps cripple walls on fat teams.

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini: :dragapult:

Pult is really good in future sight teams because fs+fighting breaker pressures and overwhelmes its checks into specs shadowball cleaning range. Obligatory fast pivot and speed control, helps soft-checking urshifu-r alongside fini and rocky helmet buzzwole

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini: :dragapult: :weavile:

Weavile is such a potent setup sweeper right now with great utility in knock and ice shard, great staying power with boots and just sinergyzes amazingly with pult and fs+buzz tearing down defensive cores.

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini: :dragapult: :weavile: :landorus-therian:

Landot obligatory glue mon with important immunities, stealth rock and uturn. spdef investment + rock slide to handle bulkarona

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 128 SpA / 120 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Slowking-Galar is an exceptional mon in OU right now. With decent typing and great ability, AV Glowking is a fantastic blend of offense and defense. It’s a blanket check/scout to many special attackers like koko, kyurem, lele, pult and possibly other things I’m forgetting. The ability to switch into psyshock from specs lele, ice beam/freeze dry from specs kyurem and shadowball from specs pult and then switch out to weavile while regaining some health in the process is great for this team because usually those mons claim kills against more offensive builds. On the other hand, future sight is an incredible tool even without teleport due to the synergy between glowking and buzzwole. Sludge bomb for fairies, flamethrower for steel types and hydro is a good midground for heatran and ground types. I don’t usually click this move but if I do, I might as well maximize power. Typically, the last slot is interchangeable between pump, eq and ice beam, depending on ladder trends or just personal preference. Keeping a decent hit against heatran is desirable, though. EDIT: put Earthquake to ease mirror match Glowking and Heatran matchups. Small bonus note, with 48 Atk EVs you can secure a 3HKO on the former and a 2HKO on the latter. Spread eats 2 specs shadowballs from full hp, lives a cb surging strikes and has hp divisible by 3 which optimizes regenerator.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 228 HP / 148 Atk / 12 Def / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Leech Life

Buzzwole provides amazing defense-into-offense transition with glowking, coming in on physical threats like kart, rilla, zeraora, weavile, bisharp and probably your hopes and dreams too. Seriously, buzzwole is just built different physically and it’s such an amazing pokèmon to have for offensive teams that want to retain some backbone. This spread takes 2 smart strikes from cb kartana, outspeeds 92 lando and below (timid zone, adamant bisharp included). Leech life can be whatever you please, be it earthquake or thunder punch. I like leech life because it allows buzz to defeat weavile with intact bulk and some spare hp due to its draining effect. EDIT: s/o to Clone for finally convincing me to use a bulkier Buzzwole. As he suggested, I changed the spread to one that can survive a +2 Triple Axel from Adamant Weavile after rocks. He suggested me a slower, slightly bulkier and more powerful spread, but I don't like being slower than Heatran with a mon that can OHKO it so I compromised and choose this spread instead, which doesn't lose much power from the original spread anyway. 228 HP / 12 Def allows me to live triple axel as I said, but also to mantain an even hp number to have Roost heal exactly half (yes I know I have OCD you don't need to tell me)

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 184 HP / 112 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Trick
- Defog

Scarf fini to bully shifu+pult structures and in general it’s surprisingly easy to setup a clean with this thing. Great typing and bulk alongside decent speed and useful STAB offensively, fini can do it all and also finds room to cripple a wall with trick. Spread takes two cb surging strikes and two specs shadowball from full hp, 2/3 of the time even with rocks up, and spatk ohkos pult, shifu and weavile with just one round of rocks/helmet. Speed is for pult, zera and +1 bulkarona. Defog because I had one slot and it’s always nice to have a defogger with a team like this.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Top 3 mon in the tier, specs pult terrorizes opponent with the looming threat of a powerful, blazing fast shadowball. Pult provide valuable speed control with decent power, typing and pivoting ability. No draco because misty terrain weakens it, so colourful coverage it is. Flame+tbolt are relevant supereffective coverage against common threats so it’s nice to have them. Most of the time, however, it’s better to just click uturn or shadowball anyway. Nothing special about specs pult, we all know what it does by now. At last, I wanted to emphasize the synergy between pult and future sight + fighting type, because this structure pressures dark, fairy and steel types, which pult enjoys seeing weakened. Sight + shadowball/uturn is very effective as well if you manage to set it up. Shadow ball doesn’t have many resists anyway, but pult’s lackluster power sometimes catches up to him. A powerful future sight may help turn a 3hko into a 2hko or stuff like that.

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

This mon is frankly stupid. Axel is a menace to society if it lands every hit, knock off is a fantastic tool, ice shard has crazy defensive utility and sd turns this demon into a serial killer late game. With the amount of speed this team has, I felt like I could go adamant and cheese that +10% damage that comes from having a positive nature (not an actual +10% of course, just jolly's damage output x1.1). Extremely easy and fun to use. I love seeing such a cool mon being this strong. Weavile is a terror, boots makes weavile a terror with longevity.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 196 HP / 24 Atk / 192 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Lando-t strikes again with its insane degree of role compression: ground immunity, electric immunity, stealth rock setter, uturn, check to heatran, volc and zera. This mon is simply too good. Spread is for modest heatran, atk ensures rock slide always ohkos bulkarona from full, rest in hp to hit a leftovers number and spdef to maximize special bulk. It honestly baffles me how a single mon can be this good and useful. If he wasn’t ugly as shit it could be the absolute favourite mon of every competitive battler. EDIT: much more optimized EV spread that has higher attack and spdef than the original one, while being slower as suggested again by Clone. with this spread I still outpace timid zone (I don't have a steel resist so I want to avoid scenarios when I face a timid specs zone that clicks flash cannon on lando) and ohko volc but also 252/12 glowking from full hp

The original Poképaste has been updated with the changes explained in bold
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably saw this team - or variations of this team - everywhere recently so please don't come at me if I stole this because these teams kinda build themeselves in a way. I don't actually play much due to time restraints from my job etc, but i had fun trying out this team, I feel like it complements the way I play really well. aggresive switches, taking calculated damage at key turns and offensive pressure as high as possible. this team's backbone is good enough for me but it doesn't fit a defensive playstyle. rather, you have bulky offensive threats than can more easily pivot in and out of each other without the need of excessive volturn. including a threatlist is kind of redundant because between glowole+fini+lando you pretty much have a pivot for every major threat for 1-2 times at least. play your lando-t well, it really likes its leftovers so use buzzwole as a knock off absorber if you can; also, without toxic or knock off, just use it to generate momentum and keep it at outmost health when you see volc because that thing is a demon and lando-t makes you not lose to it. scarf fini, pult and weavile can all clean late game so use your landot strictly as a pivot after you get rocks up and glowole+pult to break stuff and make progress. nothing special here, just your average offensive team filled with splashable powerful mons and colourful offensive coverage. glowking's, buzzwole's, dragapult's and maybe even fini's 4th moveslots are where you can get creative and experiment with.
i would have liked to make a more thorough exposition but i'm not in the zone right now so i apologize. I hope i made a good summary of why i chose spreads, moves and the pokemon themselves.
as a bonus heat factor, this is effectively an item clause friendly team and i'm happy about it. just shows you can build good (or at least fun to play) team without repeating the same two/three items.
I'm open and I welcome criticism and opinion about this team.
Hope you liked it! See ya

Last edited:

bw sprites are x100000 cooler than 3d ones - change my mind. btw importable here
https://pokepast.es/a9236db6534034bd

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole:

I wanted to start with this core because it provides great bulk and defensive presence against common threats while dishing out great offense. The amazing defense-into-offense synergy these two have is incredible and I wanted to exploit it with a fast-paced offensive team

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini:

Fini covers the massive shifu+pult and heatran weakness of the initial core, while providing great speed control against sd weavile and other miscellaneous threats. Trick also helps cripple walls on fat teams.

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini: :dragapult:

Pult is really good in future sight teams because fs+fighting breaker pressures and overwhelmes its checks into specs shadowball cleaning range. Obligatory fast pivot and speed control, helps soft-checking urshifu-r alongside fini and rocky helmet buzzwole

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini: :dragapult: :weavile:

Weavile is such a potent setup sweeper right now with great utility in knock and ice shard, great staying power with boots and just sinergyzes amazingly with pult and fs+buzz tearing down defensive cores.

:slowking-galar: :buzzwole: :tapu fini: :dragapult: :weavile: :landorus-therian:

Landot obligatory glue mon with important immunities, stealth rock and uturn. spdef investment + rock slide to handle bulkarona

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 128 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump

Slowking-Galar is an exceptional mon in OU right now. With decent typing and great ability, AV Glowking is a fantastic blend of offense and defense. It’s a blanket check/scout to many special attackers like koko, kyurem, lele, pult and possibly other things I’m forgetting. The ability to switch into psyshock from specs lele, ice beam/freeze dry from specs kyurem and shadowball from specs pult and then switch out to weavile while regaining some health in the process is great for this team because usually those mons claim kills against more offensive builds. On the other hand, future sight is an incredible tool even without teleport due to the synergy between glowking and buzzwole. Sludge bomb for fairies, flamethrower for steel types and hydro is a good midground for heatran and ground types. I don’t usually click this move but if I do, I might as well maximize power. Typically, the last slot is interchangeable between pump, eq and ice beam, depending on ladder trends or just personal preference. Keeping a decent hit against heatran is desirable, though. Spread eats 2 specs shadowballs from full hp, lives a cb surging strikes and has hp divisible by 3 which optimizes regenerator.

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 156 HP / 164 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Leech Life

Buzzwole provides amazing defense-into-offense transition with glowking, coming in on physical threats like kart, rilla, zeraora, weavile, bisharp and probably your hopes and dreams too. Seriously, buzzwole is just built different physically and it’s such an amazing pokèmon to have for offensive teams that want to retain some backbone. This spread takes 2 smart strikes from cb kartana, outspeeds 92 lando and below (timid zone, adamant bisharp included). Leech life can be whatever you please, be it earthquake or thunder punch. I like leech life because it allows buzz to defeat weavile with intact bulk and some spare hp due to its draining effect.

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 184 HP / 112 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Trick
- Defog

Scarf fini to bully shifu+pult structures and in general it’s surprisingly easy to setup a clean with this thing. Great typing and bulk alongside decent speed and useful STAB offensively, fini can do it all and also finds room to cripple a wall with trick. Spread takes two cb surging strikes and two specs shadowball from full hp, 2/3 of the time even with rocks up, and spatk ohkos pult, shifu and weavile with just one round of rocks/helmet. Speed is for pult, zera and +1 bulkarona. Defog because I had one slot and it’s always nice to have a defogger with a team like this.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

Top 3 mon in the tier, specs pult terrorizes opponent with the looming threat of a powerful, blazing fast shadowball. Pult provide valuable speed control with decent power, typing and pivoting ability. No draco because misty terrain weakens it, so colourful coverage it is. Flame+tbolt are relevant supereffective coverage against common threats so it’s nice to have them. Most of the time, however, it’s better to just click uturn or shadowball anyway. Nothing special about specs pult, we all know what it does by now. At last, I wanted to emphasize the synergy between pult and future sight + fighting type, because this structure pressures dark, fairy and steel types, which pult enjoys seeing weakened. Sight + shadowball/uturn is very effective as well if you manage to set it up. Shadow ball doesn’t have many resists anyway, but pult’s lackluster power sometimes catches up to him. A powerful future sight may help turn a 3hko into a 2hko or stuff like that.

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

This mon is frankly stupid. Axel is a menace to society if it lands every hit, knock off is a fantastic tool, ice shard has crazy defensive utility and sd turns this demon into a serial killer late game. With the amount of speed this team has, I felt like I could go adamant and cheese that +10% damage that comes from having a positive nature (not an actual +10% of course, just jolly's damage output x1.1). Extremely easy and fun to use. I love seeing such a cool mon being this strong. Weavile is a terror, boots makes weavile a terror with longevity.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 196 HP / 116 Atk / 52 SpD / 144 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Lando-t strikes again with its insane degree of role compression: ground immunity, electric immunity, stealth rock setter, uturn, check to heatran, volc and zera. This mon is simply too good. Spread is for modest heatran, atk ensures rock slide always ohkos bulkarona from full, rest in hp to hit a leftovers number and spdef to maximize special bulk. It honestly baffles me how a single mon can be this good and useful. If he wasn’t ugly as shit it could be the absolute favourite mon of every competitive battler.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You probably saw this team - or variations of this team - everywhere recently so please don't come at me if I stole this because these teams kinda build themeselves in a way. I don't actually play much due to time restraints from my job etc, but i had fun trying out this team, I feel like it complements the way I play really well. aggresive switches, taking calculated damage at key turns and offensive pressure as high as possible. this team's backbone is good enough for me but it doesn't fit a defensive playstyle. rather, you have bulky offensive threats than can more easily pivot in and out of each other without the need of excessive volturn. including a threatlist is kind of redundant because between glowole+fini+lando you pretty much have a pivot for every major threat for 1-2 times at least. play your lando-t well, it really likes its leftovers so use buzzwole as a knock off absorber if you can; also, without toxic or knock off, just use it to generate momentum and keep it at outmost health when you see volc because that thing is a demon and lando-t makes you not lose to it. scarf fini, pult and weavile can all clean late game so use your landot strictly as a pivot after you get rocks up and glowole+pult to break stuff and make progress. nothing special here, just your average offensive team filled with splashable powerful mons and colourful offensive coverage. glowking's, buzzwole's, dragapult's and maybe even fini's 4th moveslots are where you can get creative and experiment with.
i would have liked to make a more thorough exposition but i'm not in the zone right now so i apologize. I hope i made a good summary of why i chose spreads, moves and the pokemon themselves.
as a bonus heat factor, this is effectively an item clause friendly team and i'm happy about it. just shows you can build good (or at least fun to play) team without repeating the same two/three items.
I'm open and I welcome criticism and opinion about this team.
Hope you liked it! See ya
Great team my guy!

Solid team, since it features powerful special and physical tanks that can take hits and deal them back. The biggest threats I can think of for your team would be powerful wallbreakers like scarf lele, specs dragapult and specs kyurem, as they are hard for even bulky mons to switch into safely. For them, stealth rocks to chip them is important, not letting stealth rocks chip your team, and if possible, don't let them switch in for free. The only change I would recommend is switching moon blast on fini for draining kiss, as while the power is much lower, having some longevity on bulky fini is great, and means that sweepers like dragapult cant play around it by wearing it down.

Solid team, since it features powerful special and physical tanks that can take hits and deal them back. The biggest threats I can think of for your team would be powerful wallbreakers like scarf lele, specs dragapult and specs kyurem, as they are hard for even bulky mons to switch into safely. For them, stealth rocks to chip them is important, not letting stealth rocks chip your team, and if possible, don't let them switch in for free. The only change I would recommend is switching moon blast on fini for draining kiss, as while the power is much lower, having some longevity on bulky fini is great, and means that sweepers like dragapult cant play around it by wearing it down.
Eh I think moonblast is preferred on a scarf set

Thanks for your reply! As you've already been answered, Moonblast is vastly better on Scarf Set due to damage output. Draining Kiss could only replace Defog on the set but it's important for me to have Defog in case hazards end up pressuring me too hard.
The #1 biggest threat to my team is undoubtedly Choice Band Kartana since Buzzwole is the only one who can take 2 Smart Strike (I don't have a single Steel resist on this team) and only Dragapult can outspeed and OHKO it. Also Urshifu-R is pretty rough but I have solid checks to it. One thing I haven't tried is making Buzzwole a bit bulkier to handle Kartana better

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, solid team. I've seen either this exact team, or others using the same six running around quite a bit. always a tough matchup, given that you cover pretty much everything in the metagame with these six in one way or another. Its definitely one of those teams that if you were to change a mon, you open up a pretty big hole that would be hard to patch up.

Looking at this, though, I feel like the matchup vs KokoWeav BOs is a bit rough. Koko pretty much pivots on anything, and while Lando + GKing handle it just fine, its partner in crime, weavile, gets a free knock on Buzz or Fini, neither of which really want to lose their items. And god forbid Fini loses its scarf and Buzz get chipped a bit, +2 Weavile just kinda melts this team a bit. I think there's a quick fix that can patch up this hole to improve this type of matchup, which lies in the Buzzwole set.

I was looking at the Buzzwole set and I noticed you have 188 Speed EVs to hit 241, which is Bish and Timid Zone. I feel like on this team that speed tier is unnecessary. Zone is handled really well between GKing and SpDef lando, and Bish loses to Buzzwole regardless of speed since at best Iron Head is a 3HKO. I feel a bulkier Buzzwole spread is more beneficial for these reasons, and also to improve the matchup against the aforementioned KokoWeav offenses (which usually feature a CB Shifu for good measure). I did a few calcs on your spread, and: +2 252+ Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 156 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 306-363 (77.6 - 92.1%) -- approx. 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

That's not really ideal, seeing as minor chip with SR up means Buzz just straight up gets murked. However, if you make your Buzz bulkier, with a spread of 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Def, you now have the following: +2 252+ Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Buzzwole: 300-354 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- approx. 2HKO after Stealth Rock

It's still a lot, but your odds of surviving improve drastically, especially when you factor in accuracy of Axel. I feel this small change will help your team quite a bit in these sorts of matchups which I expect to be more common as the meta progresses.

Aside from this, I don't really have any other suggestions, as the team is really solid like I said. The matchup I described is a newer shift in the meta, and I don't think I saw too much of it before South and Germany started spamming it in the later rounds of WCoP. The only other thing I could suggest is dumping the Speed EVs on Lando into HP and SpDef, as I don't think speedy lando is as consistent as non speedy variants, as the slower U-turn in mirror matchups is always desireable. If its for a specific mon, then I'd keep it, but thats just my two cents.

Cool team, and good luck with it in the future

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch
- Roost

Nice team you made! You have a good knowledge of the game, with specific descriptions to why you chose the mon, sets, and EVs. I usually don't rate people's teams because they don't put enough effort into making the team or the RMT, but yours is well built with attention to detail. I will be testing it out in the future, as it looks very fun. Have a nice day! :)

Hey man, solid team. I've seen either this exact team, or others using the same six running around quite a bit. always a tough matchup, given that you cover pretty much everything in the metagame with these six in one way or another. Its definitely one of those teams that if you were to change a mon, you open up a pretty big hole that would be hard to patch up.

Looking at this, though, I feel like the matchup vs KokoWeav BOs is a bit rough. Koko pretty much pivots on anything, and while Lando + GKing handle it just fine, its partner in crime, weavile, gets a free knock on Buzz or Fini, neither of which really want to lose their items. And god forbid Fini loses its scarf and Buzz get chipped a bit, +2 Weavile just kinda melts this team a bit. I think there's a quick fix that can patch up this hole to improve this type of matchup, which lies in the Buzzwole set.

I was looking at the Buzzwole set and I noticed you have 188 Speed EVs to hit 241, which is Bish and Timid Zone. I feel like on this team that speed tier is unnecessary. Zone is handled really well between GKing and SpDef lando, and Bish loses to Buzzwole regardless of speed since at best Iron Head is a 3HKO. I feel a bulkier Buzzwole spread is more beneficial for these reasons, and also to improve the matchup against the aforementioned KokoWeav offenses (which usually feature a CB Shifu for good measure). I did a few calcs on your spread, and: +2 252+ Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 156 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 306-363 (77.6 - 92.1%) -- approx. 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

That's not really ideal, seeing as minor chip with SR up means Buzz just straight up gets murked. However, if you make your Buzz bulkier, with a spread of 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Def, you now have the following: +2 252+ Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 32 Def Buzzwole: 300-354 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- approx. 2HKO after Stealth Rock

It's still a lot, but your odds of surviving improve drastically, especially when you factor in accuracy of Axel. I feel this small change will help your team quite a bit in these sorts of matchups which I expect to be more common as the meta progresses.

Aside from this, I don't really have any other suggestions, as the team is really solid like I said. The matchup I described is a newer shift in the meta, and I don't think I saw too much of it before South and Germany started spamming it in the later rounds of WCoP. The only other thing I could suggest is dumping the Speed EVs on Lando into HP and SpDef, as I don't think speedy lando is as consistent as non speedy variants, as the slower U-turn in mirror matchups is always desireable. If its for a specific mon, then I'd keep it, but thats just my two cents.

Cool team, and good luck with it in the future

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Atk / 32 Def
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Leech Life
- Thunder Punch
- Roost
Thank you for taking the time to rate!
I actually considered bulky Buzzwole, as I even stated in this thread in a previous reply. It was something I considered but I originally didn't want to lose power and speed. On that matter, I would rather have some speed for Heatran, though, even at the cost of some power. I don't know if those 252/32 hits a specific threshold, as I've seen that with only 240 HP and no Defense it avoids the OHKO after Rocks from +2 adamant triple axel. Anyway, the specific spread can be more precisely calculated, but a bulkier Buzzwole is definitely useful so I'll try it out and eventually update the spread in the builder. I don't think I'm having it slower than 0 Spe heatran though.
As for Lando, I can see the speed argument and generally Heatran are bulkier, the my only quam is that Buzzwole and Landorus-T can all threaten Heatran but they'd be in a very disadvantageous position if they were slower, especially Buzzwole. I would like to keep at least one faster than Heatran. I could also feasibly run Earthquake>Pump on Glowking, which helps against Heatran but also other Glowkings in 1v1 situations. spdef landot can still get poisoned by sludge bomb because it hovers above the misty terrain and thus doesn't rip its benefits, after all, and generally I don't have trouble breaking through it.
tl;dr I don't want to handicap myself too much vs heatran since my offensive core really needs it weakened and I can't have the mons that threaten to kill it be slower than it, but I'll incorporate your suggestions, especially a bulkier Buzzwole

In KokoWeav matchup there's no way I'm letting Fini get knocked off and I'd honestly would just play really safe with Buzzwole, roosting a lot to keep it safe from the ko range. I think I do well in the most common matchups, the biggest struggle I have is against spikes stack (which fits KokoWeav pretty well) but I should try to apply costant and relentless pressure against those, basically beat them before they beat me.

EDIT: new buzz spread that popped into my head: 240 HP / 148+ Atk / 120 Spe. outspeed 132 spe heatran, lives that +2 adamant axel and retains almost identical power. Landot can be dropped to the same speed tier or slightly higher than timid zone speed tier (92 spe I believe) because I dont want to be pressured by random timid specs flash cannon on glowking if I can outspeed and pop it with earthquake

Nice team you made! You have a good knowledge of the game, with specific descriptions to why you chose the mon, sets, and EVs. I usually don't rate people's teams because they don't put enough effort into making the team or the RMT, but yours is well built with attention to detail. I will be testing it out in the future, as it looks very fun. Have a nice day! :)
Thank you!

Last edited:
Honestly, fire team. I love how synergistic it is; Clone already mentioned that it can handle pretty much the entire meta, and even those little quirks like Thunderbolt>Draco and Rock Slide>Toxic to avoid Misty Terrain issues just go to show how well it meshes together. I would definitely use the 252/164/92 spread on Lando; 50% chance to OHKO is still good odds and it leaves Bulkarona in Ice Shard / Surf range (Or Moonblast range if you use Hydro and don't want to risk a miss). Nothing else to mention, I'll definitely be using this!

Edit: If you choose to run the 252/164 Lando, Stone Edge is an option to consider. It OHKOes Bulkarona uninvested, which means you basically change the roll from a >50% chance to OHKO (factoring Rock Slide's 90% acc) to an 80% chance.

Last edited:
Honestly, fire team. I love how synergistic it is; Clone already mentioned that it can handle pretty much the entire meta, and even those little quirks like Thunderbolt>Draco and Rock Slide>Toxic to avoid Misty Terrain issues just go to show how well it meshes together. I would definitely use the 252/164/92 spread on Lando; 50% chance to OHKO is still good odds and it leaves Bulkarona in Ice Shard / Surf range (Or Moonblast range if you use Hydro and don't want to risk a miss). Nothing else to mention, I'll definitely be using this!

Edit: If you choose to run the 252/164 Lando, Stone Edge is an option to consider. It OHKOes Bulkarona uninvested, which means you basically change the roll from a >50% chance to OHKO (factoring Rock Slide's 90% acc) to an 80% chance.
Thanks a lot!
Honestly, I DESPISE Stone Edge used for this purpose. Rock Tomb, Smack Down and Rock Slide are just better to me because I'm not using Stone Edge for power but only for coverage, so I'd rather trade some inconsequential bulk for that +10% of success against such a big threat. Actually, I'm probably going to change the spread to 196 HP / 24+ Atk / 192 SpD / 96 Spe because this way not only the Rock Slide is still guaranteed to OHKO, but I get more special bulk since the positive nature gives more value on the higher stat (big mistake by me for the original spread, which is wildly inefficient) AND I also get to OHKO 252/12 Glowking from full HP with Earthquake so I don't get cheesed by it surviving and destroying my will to live with Ice Beam.

fire team man, love how buzzwole fits on this team however i read Clone's post and your reply and yeah I agree you should change to a more bulkier set, even the one you made in your reply with some speed still works well. otherwise solid team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)