ORAS OU God of Sand... Mega Medicham!

Building Phase:

First of all, I choosed Hippowdon, because I wanted to create a sand team. I thinked that he could be a good rock setter. I preferred him to TTar for his bulkyness. (He can resist a Surf LO Keldeo on Sand). Then, I thinked to start from Physical Attackers, and I choose Garchomp. Main move is Swords Dance, so it can sweep many teams. I gived hin Poison Jab for killing Azumarill, because, if there's not sand, it can sweep all of my team (I need a burn of Scald Slowbro, but if he's band or Belly Drum...). Third Pokemon is Excadrill (It was Clefable, but I changed it, thanks to nicholas99 that gived me dis idea :3). I needed him for Rapid Spinning and get a good hand to Revenge Killers and CB Zor. Also, it was for TauntFlame (Or Bulk Up Talon, it can get killed from Rock Slide). Scarf Zone was a good threat if Chomp was dead, then it was other reason to take Excadrill as a mon of my team. Then, my MMedicham. I choosed him because it was really, the Mega Evo from 6 Gen that I loved much. Other of this, it saved me SO MUCH times. The set is done to counter Skarmory and Ferrothorn, two mons that have threated my team SO MUCH (If Ferro wasn't damaged, it could be really bad for me, because I should Double Dance with Chomp, but remember Leech Seed...). Fifth Mon was LO Keldeo. He is really good for my team, because it is the second mon that can threat much of the setters, like Forretress and Excadrill (Excadrill and Medicham would be outspeeded, probably). I tried using Taunt, but it was outclassed by Surf, for much power. I had, either Scald for burn and help other mons, like Slowbro. Final mon is Slowbro. Slowbro is the second best bulky mon on OU tier, for me (Outclassed from his mega, but I had Mega Medicham :D). It's classic set, but it can help me in some things, like TWave Latias, a god threat to my team, and then kill him with Chomp. Now let's start with ETT!

ARED-1 (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 116 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect.

The EvS Spread is really strange, but it's for a Mixed Bulk. It's my main pokemon at start (If I predict, I don't use it at first moment of game). First thing you can see it's... NO SLACK OFF? Yeah, I know. I use protect>SOff because I can Toxic mons like Jirachi or Togekiss, and protect to Air Slash or IHead (and their flinch :D).

ARED-2 (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab

Here's Chomp. SDance set is for god sweeping, and, with his good stats, he's a big threat to much pokemons. Poison Jab>FBlast because of Azumarill, that I couldn't counter (OHKO with Poison), even with Excadrill. Another good thing is, with the Focus Sash, it can kill (if not hitted before) Latias, the most threatening mon against my team. Rough Skin helps a lot against Ferrothorn, especially CurseThorn.

ARED-3 (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

He's the most sweeping and helping mon on this team. First, he can help Garchomp with Rapid Spinning (Especially when the setter is dead) and let him sweep. His really good moveset can help against all. Another point is that he can help against other Fairies, like Klefki or Diancie (Even Mega). Sand Rush is the motive that I have insert dat drill on dis team :D. After some calcs, he can outspeed really well (and kill!) MegaGross.

ARED-4 (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Psycho Cut.

All hates it, but it's really good! (In the replay you will see that's MMEDICHAM IS THE ONE TO HAVE BRING ME TO VICTORY!). It's same of Excadrill, but with no benefits from Sand. Probably you will be thinking "Why FPunch>IPunch?". Well, it's for Skarmory, that CAN benefit of Sand, and for Ferrothorn (I know that I have HJK, but it's for not risk and have a 100% 1HKO.) His speed is good, and his attack... uhm, it's... a beast... really. Also, it gives OHKO to much mons of this tier (Scizor, TTar or similar).

ARED-5 (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass].
I was really thinking of Taunt>Surf, but I thinked that it was really useless, because, in that turn, I could be OHKO'ed by BBird Skarmory, and I sacrifice power, that I could use for killing some other shit mons or doing little damage. I love it because it can do a good damage, and cancel from the face of the earth some threats of the team (Truant Durant that tries to kill me, a fucking noob pokemon like magikarp that can be burned, then gg. Other things are that he have a good speed and attack, so it is really good. Other set that I could use are SubCM or Scarf.

ARED-6 (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 4 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave.
Classic set, really. TWave is for mons that could outspeed Chomp (Like scarfs) and kill them, or lock mons like Scizor in BPunch in predict, and then Scald them and let they suffer his death. Slack Off is for stalling burn (or twave for ppstalling). It can really regenerate life quickly, because of slack, leftovers, and regenerator.

Ett:

ARED-1 (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 116 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

ARED-2 (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab

ARED-3 (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head

ARED-4 (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Punch
- Psycho Cut

ARED-5 (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]

ARED-6 (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 4 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-210919321.

Sorry for eventual grammars error, but I'm not American or similar :c

Hi cool team. Really soild but there a few changes I would make. I would change Hippodown to the evs spread list below. It avoid a 2HKO from from Life Orb Thundurus and Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice whiles still giving it alot of physical bulk. I would replace posion jab with Fire fang/stone edge. This lets you beat steels type while the other helps you with togekiss. I know your azumaril weak which is why you have posion jab but instead I think slowbro should be replace with rotom-w. Rotom-w help vs talonflame and azumarill which are all problems to your team. I would replace fire punch with thunder punch since that still lets you beat skarmory but also helps with slowbro, azumaril, and gyadados.
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish
Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge/toxic/ whirlwind

Rotom-Wash @ leftover/Chesto berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe(44 speed lets you outspeed azumaril)
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Garchomp @ Focus Sash/ Life Orb/lum berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang/stone edge

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe(16 hp lets you live pinsir quick attack)
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder punch
- Psycho Cut.

Last edited:
Thanks! About Rotom-W>Slowbro, I tried it, but I have problems against MBreaker Excadrill (tested in battle vs a friend). I will try evs of Hippowdon, but I really prefeer Protect>Slack Off, because in predict I can Protect, even for kill with Toxic. Other thing is the fact that, some crits could really destruct ALL. (It saved me a time, so... :D). Also, I know that I could have used FFang on Garchomp, but Poison Jab can counter most of the bulky Grass mons, or other Fairies (like Sylveon). Final thing: I know that 16 ps could be useful to live pinsir qa, but they are useful to outspeed Volcarona or similar (See the replay :D). TPunch is a good option, for Flying Types, but I think that Fire Punch is better: I can kill simply Skarmory (and, with the fucking my luck on hax (that i don't have) lucky, I can burn and resist BBird much better than normal.)

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I do agree with Aquarium1 on the Hippo set (you can't toxic jirachi anyway and what do you mean protected from air slash? they'll just slash you next turn)

Hydro Pump>Surf on Keldeo, surf is pretty bad since it's outclassed in terms of power by hydro and by effect by scald, you're better off with hydro tbh. I would change LO on keldeo to specs and hp grass to bug to beat celebi, slowbro and latios, other than that, input the above changes and you're fine. n-n

Interesting team you've made. A couple of things. One is that I would chang garchomps item to a lum berry instead of focus sash. This will let you take a burn or status and set up or destroy. SE is pretty good so I would slash poison jab with SE. Scarf lando-t pretty much has jolly time against your team once hippowdon is gone. So I would reccomend scarf keldeo instead of this set. There is a reason people don't use LO on keldeo is because without a recovery move, you haves limited number of turns. Either use scarf or heather expert belt set. My reccomended set for keldeo is

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability : Justified
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power Electric / Flying
- Secret Sword

Hope I helped

I would recommend Clefable> Garchomp because you need a stall break on ur team so u would get walled my things like mega sableye and skarmory. Also I may would change ur medicham to Adamant because their really not much u want to outspeed as jolly and the extra power really helps breaks walls.
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Okay but I think u should be aware that stall pokes like mega sableye really hurt ur team so i think y should be better prepared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)