GG Godly Gift

Darn, I missed my chance to vote but I would have voted the same as the results anyways. I was moving between houses and it slipped my mind.

I don't think light ball needs banning/suspecting. Sure it's powerful and has access to fantastic priority. However, it cannot switch in to anything meaning it requires dedicated defensive pivot support. It also can only viably run in a damage boosting slot and not in the speed slot. Its natural speed is average for the ubers metagame and naturally slower than a lot of more viable receivers. It doesn't get access to swords dance or anything else to boost its attack beyond curse which is pretty bad for such a frail pokemon. Its best boosting move, nasty plot, can be run but it is too frail and misses the priority too much. Lastly, its priority moves aren't great attacking types and allow dangerous pokemon like Dragapult and Aegislash in for free and being so reliant on it means Tapu Lele can shut it down pretty easily.

Thicc club is much more dangerous. Marowak (especially alola) has immunities that allow it to come in more frequently. It doesn't appreciate stealth rock but hazard removal is pretty easy to bring. Higher natural attack means it can be dangerous in both atk and spd slots. It has better and more powerful coverage and works in a wider variety of team archetypes including full Trick Room. Lastly, it gets an ok speed boosting move which is terrifying in the atk slot, and swords dance when sitting in the speed slot.

Byleth

Retirement
Giving my 2 thoughts since the Zacian ban, and here's my thoughts:

:sm/pikachu: Fake speed is the set I will be referencing here. This thing is undoubtedly strong vs offense and sort of shapes the way you need to build your offense, as if it doesn't pack a steel/rock with decent physical bulk or an offensive ghost, you will get trampled pretty consistently. However, Pikachu struggles to get in safely as you all know, and while it does utterly destroy certain walls with volt tackle you are chipping yourself down pretty significantly as well. I am pretty indecisive towards Pikachu, but I am leaning towards healthy since it's a complete glass cannon that has enough drawbacks to not overwhelm the meta.

:sm/Marowak-Alola: If it's one thing that makes me hate ghost types, it is this mon right here. Often able to utilize the speed stat (or attack if you just utterly hate fat), Alolan Marowak poses too much of a threat to the meta through it's high powered, good coverage stabs. Poltergeist hits like everything Flare Blitz doesn't, so you start having to run itemless waters to have to deal with this thing, which worsens your mu vs other mons. Hydreigon and Ttar to my knowledge can resist this coverage, but Marowak can easily dispatch of them with Low Kick making this mon nearly unwallable. The counterplay to a Marowak is usually that it is slow, but leeching off something such as an Eternatus completely removes this problem. It also resists common priority in Pikachu/Rillaboom etc, so it isn't the easiest to revenge kill. I think thick club should be banned, as it would help the meta breathe a little.

Here are my thoughts on the Light Ball / Thick Club subject:

Light Ball - It's already been said in the past few posts, but to reiterate: it takes very little to knock out Pikachu and it can't really switch on anything without fear of being ko'd. It's priority is fantastic (I mean, I have literally built a set for this mon in every viable Other Metagame) because it is so potent and is the only mon in the game (besides it's evolutionary line) that gets the Fake/Speed combo, where as Pikachu is the best option for it. I vote do Not Ban as, although it may be strong, it's easily defeated too.

Thick Club - If I'm honest, I haven't had enough issues with the Marowak's to warrant a vote to Ban it at the moment. It's insanely strong but Alolan form is hugely weak to hazards and is not hugely bulky and so can be quite easily ko'd by a strong STAB move, super-effective or not. Also, Pikachu may not be able to revenge kill so well, but any Aqua Jet user can with the Attack stat replaced by the God mon and even Shadow Sneak is a great option. Trick Room Marowak is lethal and with the right mons to support it, Alolan Marowak can destroy a team. BUT, with a little preparation, e.g a slower mon (which is quite easy to achieve), priority, Focus Sashes / Sturdy, no item / Flash Fire, even another Trick Room-er or simply a bulky enough mon (which again can be achieved quite easily with the mechanic of this meta), it is very possible to defeat. So personally atm, I would say to Not Ban Thick Club... for now, but it should be watched.

Side note: I'm noticing an enormous amount of Trick Room teams atm with Calyrex-Ice and I'm starting to find it a little monotonous. There are so many more options for this meta that are not seeing any action because of things like this. Despite this however, I think it's still a very viable play and would like to encourage a discussion about good counters to it?

:)

Side note: I'm noticing an enormous amount of Trick Room teams atm with Calyrex-Ice and I'm starting to find it a little monotonous. There are so many more options for this meta that are not seeing any action because of things like this. Despite this however, I think it's still a very viable play and would like to encourage a discussion about good counters to it?

:)
I stan Persian-Alola and will spread his word at every opportunity. Calyrex-Ice is my donor of choice so I have a bulky balanced team that takes hits for Persian. There are very few trick room setters that can take a full-powered beat up, 100 base hp stakataka can do it once but not twice and almost every other setter is part psychic. I don't have any replays for you but give it a shot, maybe you'll like clicking a single button and ohkoing 95% of the meta.

Edit: https://pokepast.es/4b24064398247f58 for my team which was featured in a PokeAimMD vid. Personal highlight of my OM career lol.

I stan Persian-Alola and will spread his word at every opportunity. Calyrex-Ice is my donor of choice so I have a bulky balanced team that takes hits for Persian. There are very few trick room setters that can take a full-powered beat up, 100 base hp stakataka can do it once but not twice and almost every other setter is part psychic. I don't have any replays for you but give it a shot, maybe you'll like clicking a single button and ohkoing 95% of the meta.

Edit: https://pokepast.es/4b24064398247f58 for my team which was featured in a PokeAimMD vid. Personal highlight of my OM career lol.
I actually saw that video when it was uploaded! It's a fantastic tech and have used it before in other metas too. But thank you for the strat! It's very potent! :)

Edit: Dark typing in general seems to be wrecking Trick Room Teams so thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited:
I do not think either Pikachu or Light Ball should be banned (but if one is to banned it should be Light Ball). 23Gz puts it better than I can, but paper thin bulk, lack of a spamable stab move, and a merely alright offensive typing hold it back enough that while it is very good I don’t believe it is banworthy.

I think Marowak-A should be banned instead of Thick Club. Normal Marowak isn’t problematic and keeping it would, imo, be preferable to keeping non-Thick Club Marowak-A.

I haven’t used Speed Marowak-A enough to say if it’s problematic, but Attack definitely is. Marowak-A’s “switch-ins” consist of bulky itemless fire resists, Defense Thick Fat Snorlax, and maybe kinda sorta Tyranitar and Hydreigon. I have the airquotes because Marowak-A can easily run Shadow Bone or Low Kick/Brick Break if it wants to hit those mons. It doesn’t even mind losing the moveslot due to its stabs already at worst 2hkoing everything but the mons mentioned; running both Shadow Bone and a fighting move is a slight inconvenience but unless you’re using trick room and want swords dance it’s still fine.

Being impossible to wall as well as having good enough bulk to take one physical hit from most anything that isn’t hitting it SE and ohko in return makes Marowak-A absolutely banworthy.

252 Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 286-339 (88.2 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 406-478 (103.8 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (base 120 attack)
252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 12 HP / 244 Def Snorlax: 380-448 (81.8 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (120 base attack, 120 base def)
0 Atk Snorlax Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 146-172 (45 - 53%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO (lol)
(Apologies if this is complete incoherent, I’m on mobile and it’s late so I may not be making any sense.)

:rb/pikachu: Pikachu doesn't really feel banworthy or broken, though I could see how some consider it unhealthy. As mentioned above, it functionally cannot switch into anything and if it takes the attack slot it is easily outsped whilst if it takes the speed slot it is not nearly as threatening to anything with a slight bit of bulk or typing that resists its priority.

This eternatus spread avoids the 2hko from KyB extreme speed whilst maintaining 330 speed to outpace base 100s. You could also tweak it more to guarentee it is never 2hko'd even if knocked. It ohko's back with dynamax cannon and has a good chance to with flamethrower after rocks. This is the best god in the tier and can give something 145 hp to deal with it pretty well.
252+ Atk Light Ball Pikachu Extreme Speed vs. 240 HP / 120 Def Eternatus: 216-255 (44.9 - 53%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Light Ball Pikachu Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 176 Def Eternatus: 204-241 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Eternatus Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Pikachu: 173-204 (81.9 - 96.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

This pikachu also only hits 279 speed. There are a fair few offensive mons that can hit that benchmark fairly easily and threaten it out and defensive mons that can absorb a few hits. It is a lot easier to deal with if running speed as more offensive mons can tank at least one hit and ko it back. I agree with the post above that it is just too much of a glass cannon to consider suspecting at the moment even with light ball. Yes it is a good revenge killer, but it offers close to zero defensive utility and is too frail to switch into almost any hit. It also isn't overly constraining in the builder. For now DO NOT BAN pikachu or light ball. Keep an eye on it, but I have a feeling that if this ends up needing to be banned there is probably a larger issue in the meta.

:sm/Marowak-Alola: aka
q7CoYI6.png

This mon feels a lot like dracovish did whilst it was legal in OU. If it inherits speed it is almost certainly going to claim a couple of kills vs offence. Unlike pikachu it doesn't crumble to the wind and can generally take a neutral hit at least once. It also doesn't mind priority as much as you'd think on a first glance as it only fears sucker punch, shadow sneak, and aqua jet. The pool of mons which both learn these moves and would actually run them in this meta are pretty small. The most common would probably be aqua jet, which surprisingly isn't a guarenteed OHKO from banded dawnt. You could ev it to live from full on a trick room team if you really wanted to.

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 252-300 (96.5 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola: 252-300 (83.7 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It truly does remind me dracovish. If it inherits speed it is a menace to offensive teams. If it inherits attack defensive crumble, but it is a fair bit more vulnerable itself. Like said above, it pretty much just needs STAB + fighting move with the fourth move dedicated to whatever is needed on your team. It is just too much overall and at a bare minimum thick club should be banned or suspected. I'd personally perfer that marowak be banned as a whole so that there is some acknlowedgement of the way it clobbers the tier as without its club it will likely be as good as sap sipper Azu (not at all).

A (pokepast.es)

I love mono teams. But seriously, there are some great anti meta picks i need to share, not just for this team, but for the meta as a whole. (also plz dont question the name)

Diancie: Shuckle, shuckle, shuckle, STOP USING SHUCKLE! seriously though, shuckle is amazingly easy setup fodder for Substitute pokemon, magic coat/m bounce, and you only need one slot to kill it. diancie is another amazing HP abuser, and while stall seems better at first glance, D storm + cm + restochesto is amazing. avoiding a lot of 2hkoes with diamond storm/cm, rest for a one time instant recovery, and pretty soon you are too set up to get 4hkoed by anything. though defensive investment is best, and sweep with Stored power and KO dark's with Storm. i went with spatk to ko unaware clef reliably even if it sets up alongside you. other options include lefties or passho (araquanid/mantine/seismitoad).

side note: YAS MY GIRL GUNKY MANTINE IS GETTING GREAT U- oh its special. okay.

Whimsicott: please dont ask. well actually whimsicott has an amazing niche as an abuser of Infiltrator, killing sub mons (shuckle abusers, anyone?) and bypassing screens. yes, SCREENS on setup mons are completely nullified. The four moves here are needed, except you can use grassy glide for rilla counterplay, and maybe beat up (and king's rock) if you are that dude.

Sylveon/basically any CM/QD abuser. i chose sylveon cause i love sylveon, and i dont give a frick that Clefable exists. sylveon's bulk is superior. calm mind + stab+ recovery (either wish (sometimes with protect), soft boiled, roost, or the aforementioned restochesto) is your bread, butter, and berries for any set you run, and the last move and item are up to you, ala your preference. Another boosting sweeper.

Comfey: despite being a known pick, i dont see it discussed often in the Eternatus/ZaC (latter earlier) meta. Defog is because comfey is amazing at tanking an incoming hit and fogging, then Leech Seeding back. Defensive teams should run HDB.

Xerneas: SCREW GEOMANCY. Sure, its a lot mmore viablle, but i wanted to have some fun, like you expect xerneas to pull out ancient magic and it instead punches you in the face. Hard. Scarf or LO both work here. Horn leech to annoy swampert and seismitoad, play rough is play rough, and you can run any move in the last slots, though i prefer Megahorn for the plethora of Psychics and CC to break Ferro.

Clefable: MEME BELLY DRUM ALERT-
this isnt my shuckle counter. this is THE shuckle counter. sub, drum and +1, drain punch twice, and probably tank two hits as you sweep the rest of the opposing team.

i know my team kinda sucks, and i am always open to feedback! (though dont remove sylve or clef plz)

Last edited:

Senko

meow
is an Artist
The Viability Rankings for SS Godly Gift have been updated!

Gods:

:Ho-Oh: - UR -> A (Def, Spe)
:Calyrex-Ice: - UR -> A (SpA, Spe)
:Kyogre: - UR -> A (Atk, Spe)
:Dialga: - UR -> C (Spe)
:Pheromosa: - UR -> C (Def, SpD, HP)

Followers:

:Marowak-Alola: - UR -> S (Spe, Atk)
:Nidoking: - UR -> A+ (SpA, Spe)
:Tapu Lele: - UR -> A- (SpA, Spe)
:Garchomp: - UR -> A+ (Atk, Spe)
:Arctozolt: - UR -> B (Spe, Atk)
:Ninetales-Alola: - B- -> B (SpA)
:Tapu Koko: - UR -> A- (SpA, HP)
:Kingdra: - UR -> A- (SpA)
:Landorus-Therian: - UR -> B+ (HP, Def, Spe)
:Tornadus-Therian: - UR -> A- (SpA)
:Volcarona: - UR -> A (Def, SpA)
:Weavile: - UR -> A (Atk)
:Buzzwole: - UR -> B (SpD, Spe)
:Marowak: (Kanto) - UR -> B+ (Spe, Atk)
:Slowbro-Galar: - UR -> C+ (SpA, Spe)
:Kartana: - UR -> A- (SpD, Spe)
:Amoonguss: - UR -> B (SpD, Def)
:Magnezone: - UR -> B- (SpA)
:Porygon2: - UR -> B (HP, SpD)
:Porygon-Z: - UR -> C+ (Spe)
:Scizor: - UR -> C (Spe, Atk)
:Skarmory: - UR -> C (SpD)
:Tangrowth: - UR -> B (SpD)
:Shuckle: - A+ -> B- (HP)
:Excadrill: - A- -> B (Spe, Def)
:Copperajah: - B- -> C (Spe, Def)
:Togekiss: - B- -> UR

(VR Change Notes)
https://pastebin.com/tj7y5tmv

Last edited:

UT

The sand hurts my feelings
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
If you're looking to play Godly Gift, please feel free to challenge me if you see me on Showdown (main is UnnerfTalonflame, mostly hang out in the OM room). I want to brush up on the tier, and the best way to do that is through practice!

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Sorry for being slightly late! I'm closing voting now.

Inheritance: 52-2=50 votes
Godly Gift: 50-1=49 votes

It was an extremely close vote, but Inheritance edges it out by 1 more legal vote. Congratulations to Inheritance for winning September's OMotM vote! Keep an eye out for LCotM soon!
Meanwhile, somewhere in an alternative universe...

Sorry for being slightly late! I'm closing voting now.

Godly Gift: 3-0=3 votes
Inheritance: 3-3=0 votes
(-3 for winning OMotM)

It was an extremely close vote, but Godly Gift edges it out by 3 more legal votes. Congratulations to Godly Gift for winning September's LCotM vote! Keep an eye out for ladders soon!

UT

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Godly Gift is one of my favorite OMs, and with it being Leader's Choice this month, I wanted to get the conversation started with some mons to use or be aware of if you're new to the tier and don't know where to start. This will by no means be exhaustive, there are lots of good Gods and Receivers I won't mention here, but it's a place to start.

Gods
There are two things to consider when selecting a God for Godly Gift. First, it will be part of your team, and the only Uber you are allowed, so selecting a mon that contributes to winning in its own right is important. Second, it will be donating its stats and quite literally shape your whole teambuilding process. As a result, Ubers like Cinderace or Marshadow that are mostly Uber for their abilities, moves, and/or typings generally make poor Gods. Great Gods are both good mons and have great stats to donate.

Eternatus is probably the best example of a God that is both an amazing mon and donor. It has amazing offenses, typing, and movepool, allowing it to run a variety of sets, from Specs to Stall Breaker to Cosmic Power Sweeper and everything in between. Additionally, it's 140 HP, 145 SpA, and 130 Spe make it a fantastic donor that super-charges your offense without totally leaving your defenses out to dry. It's 95/95 defenses are nothing to write home about, but can usually at least give your defensive mons a boost to your off stats. It is arguably the best God in the meta right now, and a great place to start teambuilding, or a threat to prepare for.

Kyogre is another threat to be prepared for. It survived a suspect test last time Godly Gift had a ladder, and is a great example of a God that is fantastic as a stand-alone mon. Everyone knows by now how powerful Kyogre's attacks are in rain, and in a meta where at least half of the team has standard OU defenses and three of the best special water switchins (Blissey, Chansey, and Toxapex) are banned, it's a potent force. It can still donate it's 150 SpA and 140 SpD, but the rest of its stats are more middling, making it a little less splashable than Eternatus.

Calyrex-Ice is an interesting God, offering 165 Atk, 150 Def, and 130 SpD to its receivers. What makes it especially interesting is it's stats are almost tailor-made for Trick Room, which it also has access to, turning it's worst stat (speed) into a viable donor stat. Trick room is arguably more viable in Godly Gift than a lot of other metas, largely thanks to this guy.

And if all you care about is offenses, these are the Gods for you. Offering 120/170 offenses and okay 95 speed, these are your guys for putting a walloping on the other team. They're also great Gods for speed-boosting team archetypes like Rain, where dealing damage fast is the name of the game.

Receivers
One of my favorite things about Godly Gift is the huge range of creativity it allows in its receivers. Tons of mons in UU, RU, and even NU have good typings/abilities/movepools, but lack the stats to really take advantage of them. In Godly Gift, we can fix that. I would strongly encourage anyone playing this tier to find unique receivers that otherwise would not see use, and see what they can do. Is Copperajah good if you give it 130 speed? I have no idea, but here, you can find out. That being said, there are obviously some receivers that stand out and you need to be prepared for if you want to be competitive.

Marowak-A is probably the premier speed receiver in Godly Gift and an absolute terror to face. It's attack, boosted by Thick Club, is equivalent to a fully-EVed 210 Attack stat, and it has two high-powered STABs with fantastic coverage between them. Give it 130+ base speed, and it's the most threatening offensive sweeper in the tier. It can further boost its attack with Swords Dance and is immune to Normal (more on why that's important later). While speed is the easiest thing to receive, if you're running Trick Room (or just really, really hate stall), putting it in the attack slot gives it unimaginable and unwallable power.

Dragapult is very similar to Maro, except instead of having amazing attack and lackluster speed, it has amazing speed and lackluster attack. However, if you give it 150+ Special Attack (or Attack, but it's special movepool is better) there is nothing lackluster about it anymore. Ghost STAB has fantastic coverage and it has the movepool to hit almost anything it wants. U-Turn also allows it to be a great offensive pivot and punish the opponent even when they have a reliable switchin by gaining momentum.

Meet Godly Gift's premier revenge killer no, seriously and the reason Ghost typing is so valuable on offensive mons. With Light Ball doubling its attack and access to Fake Out + Extremespeed, Pikachu is by far the strongest priority user in the tier. It also has Knock Off to knock out those pesky ghosts that are always trying to switch in and Volt Tackle to KO almost any non-ground type, as long as you don't mind getting KOed yourself from recoil.

Unaware is an amazing ability that is relegated to pokemon with overall sub-par stats. Not anymore. If your team relies on set-up moves to break through and win, you need to have a backup plan to handle these things. With Unaware, reliable recovery, and now-amazing defenses, these are no joke to break through.

TL;DR
Godly Gift is an amazing tier that rewards creative teambuilding and gives rarely used mons the tools to shine. This is far, far from an exhausting list of good Gods and receivers. There are dozens of ways to make a great team, almost certainly including undiscovered ways, and I strongly encourage anyone to go digging for receivers that have the tools to be great, but not the stats. Pick a God, fill in receivers around it, and have fun!

Godly Gift Viability Rankings
Viability Ranking Just for Gods

Remember that this is the Viability Ranking for Gods, NOT Followers.

The ranking is based on:
  1. How good the stats are that the God Pokemon gives. This affects your team synergy and capabilities.
  2. How well the God Pokemon performs by itself in general.
Point #1 is more valuable than #2, though #2 is still a pretty big factor when deciding upon a God Pokemon's ranking.

Also since the number of potential gods is not high, there will be no subranks like A+ or A-. There will be only S, A, B, C, and Ubers that you shouldn't use as ranks. Each rank is listed in order of viability.

*Note: Stats to not donate are ordered in decreasing viability.

S Rank:

:eternatus: Eternatus (Atk, Def, SpD)

A Rank:

:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-I (SpA, Spe)
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh (Def, Spe)
:kyogre: Kyogre (Atk, Spe)
:kyurem-white: Kyurem-W (Def, Spe, SpD)
:lunala: Lunala (Def, Spe)
:mewtwo: Mewtwo (Def, SpD)
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-DM (Spe)

B Rank:

:kyurem-black: Kyurem-B (SpD, Spe, Def)
:reshiram: Reshiram (Spe, Def)
:shuckle: Shuckle (HP Only)
:zamazenta: Zamazenta (SpA)
:zekrom: Zekrom (Spe, SpD)

C Rank:

:aegislash: Aegislash (HP Only)
:dialga: Dialga (Spe)
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-DW (Spe)
:pheromosa: Pheromosa (Def, SpD, HP)
:solgaleo: Solgaleo (SpD, Spe)
:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-C (SpA)

Ubers you should NOT run:

:cinderace: Cinderace
:darmanitan-galar: Darmanitan-Galar
:dracovish: Dracovish
:magearna: Magearna
:marshadow: Marshadow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Godly Gift Viability Rankings (WIP)
Viability Rankings Just for Receivers

The ranking is based on how good the Pokemon performs given the stats from the respective God.

The rankings are divided into S, A, B, C, and are organized in sub-divisions. Each rank is in Alphabetical order.

*Note: Stats to donate are ordered in decreasing viability. C-rank is WIP

S Rank:

:marowak-alola: Marowak-Alola (Spe, Atk)

A Rank:

A+

:aegislash: Aegislash (Spe, HP)
:clefable: Clefable (Def, SpA)
:corviknight: Corviknight (SpD)
:dragapult: Dragapult (SpA, Atk)
:garchomp: Garchomp (Atk, Spe)
:nidoking: Nidoking (SpA, Spe)
:rotom-heat: Rotom-H (HP)

A

:cloyster: Cloyster (SpD, HP)
:ditto: Ditto (HP)
:dracozolt: Dracozolt (Spe, Atk)
:pelipper: Pelipper (SpA, HP, Spe)
:rotom-wash: Rotom-W (HP)
:tyranitar: Tyranitar (Spe, SpA)
:volcarona: Volcarona (Def, SpA)
:weavile: Weavile (Atk)

A-

:excadrill: Excadrill (Spe, Def)
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn (HP)
:hatterene: Hatterene (Spe, HP)
:hippowdon: Hippowdon (SpD)
:kartana: Kartana (SpD, Spe)
:kingdra: Kingdra (SpA)
:mandibuzz: Mandibuzz (SpD)
:mimikyu: Mimikyu (Atk)
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko (SpA, HP)
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele (SpA, Spe)
:tornadus-therian: Tornadus-T (SpA)
:quagsire: Quagsire (Def, SpD)
:zeraora: Zeraora (Atk, SpA)

B Rank:

B+

:araquanid: Araquanid (Atk, SpA, Spe)
:blastoise: Blastoise (SpA)
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr (Spe, SpD)
:hawlucha: Hawlucha (Atk)
:kommo-o: Kommo-o (Spe, SpA, HP, Atk)
:landorus-therian: Landorus-T (HP, Def, Spe)
:marowak: Marowak (Spe, Atk)
:pikachu: Pikachu (Atk)
:pyukumuku: Pyukumuku (HP)
:seismitoad: Seismitoad (Def, SpA, SpD)
:torkoal: Torkoal (HP, SpD)
:toxtricity: Toxtricity (Spe, SpA)
:venusaur: Venusaur (SpA)

B

:amoonguss: Amoonguss (SpD, Def)
:arctozolt: Arctozolt (Spe, Atk)
:buzzwole: Buzzwole (SpD, Spe)
:excadrill: Excadrill (Spe, Def)
:gastrodon: Gastrodon (Def, SpD)
:hydreigon: Hydreigon (Spe)
:kyurem: Kyurem (Spe)
:mantine: Mantine (Def, HP)
:ninetales-alola: Ninetales-Alola (SpA)
:obstagoon: Obstagoon (Atk, Spe)
:porygon2: Porygon2 (HP, SpD)
:reuniclus: Reuniclus (Spe, Def)
:sylveon: Sylveon (Def)
:tangrowth: Tangrowth (SpD)

B-

:bisharp: Bisharp (Spe)
:corsola-galar: Galarian Corsola (HP)
:crawdaunt: Crawdaunt (Spe)
:grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl (Def, Spe)
:linoone: Linoone (Atk)
:magnezone: Magnezone (SpA)
:mew: Mew (Def, Spe, SpA, Atk)
:rhyperior: Rhyperior (SpD, Spe)
:rotom-mow: Rotom-C (HP)
:shuckle: Shuckle (HP)
:snorlax: Snorlax (Def)
:terrakion: Terrakion (Spe, Atk)
:vaporeon: Vaporeon (Def)

C Rank:

C+

:porygon-z: Porygon-Z (Spe)
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar (SpA, Spe)

C

:copperajah: Copperajah (Spe, Def)
:scizor: Scizor (Spe, Atk)
:skarmory: Skarmory (SpD)

C-

None

If you want to nominate a Pokémon for a promotion, demotion, or appearance on the VR, please give a good explanation to support your reasoning. Calcs and replays are always beneficial.
Where's giratina

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello friends

I've never played or built for this meta (if I have I don't remember so same thing really), decided to do some laddering for the first time in a while, and got frozen three separate times trying out a Rain Team. I do not expect to ladder again anytime soon.

Here's what I had been running:

:ferrothorn::tornadus-therian::barraskewda::dragapult::landorus-therian::kyogre:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Good Poke on rain. Extra HP lets it live pretty much any unboosted attack, including Fire moves so long as it's from something that isn't Fire type or has huge SpA. This team is fast-paces so you should use this to pivot in on scarier threats and use the right utility move for the job. Toxic + Protect is good damage versus most things, and protect can help a lot in stalling turns so you can reset rain or get out of Trick Room (which is everywhere on ladder)

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog

I don't know about this set, I just know Hurricane is fun in Rain. I can't really explain when this is good but it does have uses as a fast pivot and Defog user to keep the offensive mons alive. Probably the most replaceable thing on the team.

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Assurance

Extra defense lets it fare better against priority and maybe switch into an attack for the first time in history. There's not much to say, funny fish use Water move in moist conditions. Assurance can help nab KOs with Rocks and should help versus stuff like DM-Necrozma, Lunala, and Calyrex-Ice if they try to come in. You could probably run Psychic Fangs or Drill Run however.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball

pult with big special attack. Hex works well with Kyogre's Thunder Paralysis and Ferrothorn's Toxic. Generally just kills something or misses Draco Meteor. I don't know what else to run on this thing, maybe Scald for the burn chance? Fire Blast?

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Smack Down

Sub Lando is really stupid and when played well is a good way to ruin the lives of Trick Room teams. Smack Down lets it beat practically everything outside of super fat Grass/Bug types after you've used SD. As per my traditional style EVs are super weird, it's enough to always outpace base Aegislash IIRC and you have HP to complement the extra Special Defense.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Scarf Kyogre. Rain teams are really basic.

I know this team isn't perfect but it's certainly a lot better when you're not facing unranked Regieleki like I kept doing. I think Volcanion could be a good fit somewhere thanks to being pretty strong and being a Water type that doesn't immediately die to Freeze Dry, but I'm not sure. Most of the time I won because nobody prepped for Water Spout lmao

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Assurance

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Smack Down

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

UT

Appeals + C&C Lead
Where's giratina
I would probably say in the low B or high C range; it's 150 HP is great and 120/120 Defenses are good, but other mons can offer higher and/or better offenses. It also does not benefit from two of the best attackers in the meta (Maro-A and Pult) having super effective STAB against it.

The VR is also missing Yveltal and Xerneas, who I both thing are good-but-not great Gods. Both of them are good stand-alone mons, especially Xerneas with its Power Herb set, but their stat spread is a little hard to build with. I do think they deserve to be on the VR though, again probably in that mid-B range.

trying out a Rain Team
I know that this is going to sound weird, but I think the best Rain Teams don't even use Kyogre, they use Kyurem-B/W. Kyogre doesn't make a great rain setter because it does not pivot and really does not want to hold a Damp Rock. Kyurem-B/W offer better offensive stats to their receivers and can still give decent defensive stats to Pelipper.

You ideally want two Swift Swimmers to receive the Attack and Special Attack of your Uber. Kingdra, Seismitoad, Kabutops, and Mantine I will die on this hill can all take those 120/170 stats coupled with their speed and go to town. For an off-the-wall pick, Talonflame can also be used to spam Gale Wings Hurricane, but it's not as reliable as the other options.

Ferrothron is nice mon to have, especially since it can switch into Pikachu and super fast electrics that can frustrate your Swift Swimmers. Here is a paste of a team I have had a lot of success with; it's a little outdated now, but can still put in work, and shows the general idea of what I'm getting at.

Senko

meow
is an Artist
I would probably say in the low B or high C range; it's 150 HP is great and 120/120 Defenses are good, but other mons can offer higher and/or better offenses. It also does not benefit from two of the best attackers in the meta (Maro-A and Pult) having super effective STAB against it.

The VR is also missing Yveltal and Xerneas, who I both thing are good-but-not great Gods. Both of them are good stand-alone mons, especially Xerneas with its Power Herb set, but their stat spread is a little hard to build with. I do think they deserve to be on the VR though, again probably in that mid-B range.
generally stall is pretty underdeveloped and thats where gira flourishes (also as u said offensive ghosts are scary as hell for those builds)

yvel and xern may be looked at later since full vr still in works (both gods and followers) but werent super apparent due to low prospects from overall hard-to-build stats

I know that this is going to sound weird, but I think the best Rain Teams don't even use Kyogre, they use Kyurem-B/W. Kyogre doesn't make a great rain setter because it does not pivot and really does not want to hold a Damp Rock. Kyurem-B/W offer better offensive stats to their receivers and can still give decent defensive stats to Pelipper.

You ideally want two Swift Swimmers to receive the Attack and Special Attack of your Uber. Kingdra, Seismitoad, Kabutops, and Mantine I will die on this hill can all take those 120/170 stats coupled with their speed and go to town. For an off-the-wall pick, Talonflame can also be used to spam Gale Wings Hurricane, but it's not as reliable as the other options.

Ferrothron is nice mon to have, especially since it can switch into Pikachu and super fast electrics that can frustrate your Swift Swimmers. Here is a paste of a team I have had a lot of success with; it's a little outdated now, but can still put in work, and shows the general idea of what I'm getting at.
I'd say that gira is just decent but its still a better god than some of the c tiers so i think they should add it
And yes yveltal and xerneas should also be added the thing about them is that they're amazing (probably the best of all of the ubers) standalone but they have no sky high stats so they're not always ideal for doing the most damage with something like pikachu or marowak

I dont think they didnt put in some of the ubers because they're worse than cinderace but because they just forgot

Also where is ray, many pokemon forgotten

https://pokepast.es/934015c3c8557ee1
i made a team
shuckle is used to get the most defensive capabilities possible albeit sacrificing any offensive boosts
but this is more of a defensive team
snorlax counters alo maro and outspeeds trick room variants (while also tanking up hits from many other threatening physical attackers like pikachu)
let me know what to change because its far from perfect

also feel like lax should be at least be B tier in the vr for its ability to beat maro and so many other physical attackers
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8godlygift-1409861392

Senko

meow
is an Artist
https://pokepast.es/934015c3c8557ee1
i made a team
shuckle is used to get the most defensive capabilities possible albeit sacrificing any offensive boosts
but this is more of a defensive team
snorlax counters alo maro and outspeeds trick room variants (while also tanking up hits from many other threatening physical attackers like pikachu)
let me know what to change because its far from perfect

also feel like lax should be at least be B tier in the vr for its ability to beat maro and so many other physical attackers
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8godlygift-1409861392
i like the initial idea for lax but its actually quite underwhelming. lack of reliable recovery barring leftovers and rest rlly is a detriment and it doesnt check awak as well as you think. both ndm and shuckle defense get destroyed by awak's best 4th move, low kick
ndm defense:
+2 252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 460-542 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
shuckle defense:
+2 252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 292-344 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
lax is rlly never getting this hp back and rest allows awak to just sd again
lax's passivity also is a heavy detriment to being taken advantage of if you try to curse up
overall snorlax is quite passive and not really great at checking the things it needs to

Reactions: UT

Calyrex-Ice is an interesting God, offering 165 Atk, 150 Def, and 130 SpD to its receivers. What makes it especially interesting is it's stats are almost tailor-made for Trick Room, which it also has access to, turning it's worst stat (speed) into a viable donor stat. Trick room is arguably more viable in Godly Gift than a lot of other metas, largely thanks to this guy.
I used Calyrex-I before when Godly Gift was previously on ladder, and it’s just better on a normal balance/BO team without Trick Room.
This is because Trick Room is just way too easy to deal with, especially when your Special Powerhouse would be Hatterene and Marowak is screwed if you can stall out 3 turns, even with Thick Club and 165 Atk. And while Necrozma is “”slower”” in Trick Room, the Uber forms are better for Trick Room teams imo. Marowak having just 113 Atk is fine enough (165 is obviously better, but there are some diminishing returns for such a high stat) and the 157 SpA helps the slow special attacker. DM works fine too, but you ideally want many attackers on a Trick Room team, and Calyrex-I is a bit more limited because of its 85 SpA.

Reactions: UT
i like the initial idea for lax but its actually quite underwhelming. lack of reliable recovery barring leftovers and rest rlly is a detriment and it doesnt check awak as well as you think. both ndm and shuckle defense get destroyed by awak's best 4th move, low kick
ndm defense:
+2 252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 460-542 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
shuckle defense:
+2 252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 292-344 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
lax is rlly never getting this hp back and rest allows awak to just sd again
lax's passivity also is a heavy detriment to being taken advantage of if you try to curse up
overall snorlax is quite passive and not really great at checking the things it needs to
yooo maro running low kick now? i havent seen that yet, lax cant even switch into that on trick room
i generally cant think of any mon who can switch into low kick eq poltergeist with kyu-b's attack
i guess the best way to beat that set is a faster hard hitting mon?

yooo maro running low kick now? i havent seen that yet, lax cant even switch into that on trick room
i generally cant think of any mon who can switch into low kick eq poltergeist with kyu-b's attack
Technically, Regidrago with a high Def could switch in, but that’s pretty poor.
With that said, Eternatus’s Speed on Marowak is much better because of that, limiting what is faster and hard hitting, only compromising power you really don’t need.

Played a fair bit the last time Godly Gift was on the ladder so here two small cores/combos I loved.

:eternatus: + :skarmory: (HP) + :crawdaunt: (speed)

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Tail / Dynamax Cannon / Light Screen / Reflect / Sludge Wave / Toxic Spikes

Eternatus is the best uber in the format and quite customizable to fit your team. Flamethrower is generally the best offensive move for the stuff that wants to switch into eternatus. Recover is self explanatory. Toxic or toxic spikes is going to depend on the composition of your team. Toxic is generally more consistent as eternatus itself is incredibly common and is a great absorber. Toxic spikes, though less consistent can really help break open the game for its teamates i.e. Specs hex pult. The last move really depends on your team as all of them have their uses.

Skarmory @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold /Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Spikes / Whirlwind / Brave Bird / Toxic / Taunt

This is a fantastic wincon that lives stuff it really has no business living thanks to inheriting 145 hp. I perfer fully defensive though you could certainly shift some evs to SpD, though it does eat special hits surprisingly well without investment. The last slot is pretty customizable, though generally I've found the role compression offered by spikes to be the best use of the slot as it gives it a lot more early / midgame use it wouldn't otherwise have. Whirlwind helps rack up hazard damage. Brave Bird prevents you from being completely blanked by ghosts. Toxic and taunt are quite niche, but toxic is nice for predicted switchins and taunt can help against fatter stuff.

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 354-416 (71.6 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind / Stealth Rock / Body Press
- Defog / Counter / Stealth Rock / Toxic / Rock Tomb

Just your general Standard utility skarm stuff. I perfer the former, but this set works well as general support. Rock tomb is a very niche, but fire tech you can use to lure volcarona. 12 ATK evs and a careful nature guarentees a 2hko on uninvested volcarona inheriting up to 95 defence (from eternatus)
12 Atk Skarmory Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 156-184 (50.1 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Literally almost nothing can switch in to daddy dawnt now with base 130 speed. I perfer it over marowak with a build like this because it eases the need for hazard control and is a lot easier to get in thanks to its typing.
Some Calcs

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 242-286 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers (145 hp from eternatus)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 192-228 (38.8 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(145 hp from eternatus) pretty much the only long term counter)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 238-280 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (145 hp from eternatus) Guarenteed after rocks

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyurem-White: 442-522 (113 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 406-478 (77.4 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (100 def from Ky-B)

:Kyurem-White: + :Dragapult: (SpA) + :Volcarona: (Def)

Pretty easy to use special attacking core that is just an onslaught.

Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs /Choice Scarf / Nevermelt-ice
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Fusion Flare / Flash Cannon / Ice Beam

Just a normal KW set. Nothing fancy, coverage is great with the standard options, but you can use flash cannon if you want to hit a predicted fairy switchin

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower / U-turn
- Thunderbolt / Thunder / Hex / Hydro Pump / U-turn

Pretty standard Specs Pult. STABs + coverage. The big choice is do you want to drop coverage for u-turn and fitting on hex if you have the team support for it

Dragapult @ Spell Tag/Heavy Duty Boots / Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute / Shadow Ball / U-turn
- Thunder Wave / Will o Wisp
- Disable / U-turn / Coverage

160 Timid is to outrun the max speed base 130s which are quite common due to eternatus. I wouldn't recommend going lower than this as there generally isn't much if anything you'd want to outspeed outside of pult itself above this. The rest of the evs are in HP to help with substitutes. Outside of hex and the status move of your choice there are a ton of options. Sub/disable is an absolutely demonic wincon, but must be built around as hex doesn't hit that hard even with 170 SpA. U-turn lets you pivot effectively whilst pult has a colourful array of coverage to chose from.

There are two different spreads I'd recommend.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower / Fire blast / Firey Dance
- Psychic / Bug Buzz/ Giga Drain / Hurricane
- Roost / Bug Buzz / Psychic / Giga Drain / Hurricane

This ev spread is very simple. It outspeeds pult at +1, has max SpA, and dumped the rest into hp for bulk. Volc is the kind of mon where you pick and chose what you want to lose to. This one is more offensively orientated, pyshic is probably the most useful coverage option due to the ability to 2hko eternatus which will overwise likely win the 1v1.

+1 252+ SpA Volcarona Psychic vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus: 272-320 (56.5 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

EVs: 240 Hp / 184 SpA / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Safeguard

This spread is a lot bulkier and requires more support. That being said it can 1v1 most anything bar rain or an immunity given enough time. 84 speed is to again outspeed pult at +1. Those specs dracos really hurt and being able to roost before absorbing a second makes a big difference. 184 SpA is to reach a 50/50 shot at 2hkoing Ho-Oh and eternatus with flamethrower once you hit +6. I figured that was good enough odds when you have 24 pp to work with. You can go a little lower, but not by a ton as it quickly turns into a 3hko which defeats the whole point.

+6 184 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 191-225 (45.9 - 54%) -- 50% chance to 2HKO
+6 184 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus: 235-277 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Edited so I'm not double posting

Banded Dawn't can't switch in, but can easily revenge with aqua jet regardless of trick room.

Last edited:
Played a fair bit the last time Godly Gift was on the ladder so here two small cores/combos I loved.

:eternatus: + :skarmory: (HP) + :crawdaunt: (speed)

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Recover
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Tail / Dynamax Cannon / Light Screen / Reflect / Sludge Wave / Toxic Spikes

Eternatus is the best uber in the format and quite customizable to fit your team. Flamethrower is generally the best offensive move for the stuff that wants to switch into eternatus. Recover is self explanatory. Toxic or toxic spikes is going to depend on the composition of your team. Toxic is generally more consistent as eternatus itself is incredibly common and is a great absorber. Toxic spikes, though less consistent can really help break open the game for its teamates i.e. Specs hex pult. The last move really depends on your team as all of them have their uses.

Skarmory @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold /Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Spikes / Whirlwind / Brave Bird / Toxic / Taunt

This is a fantastic wincon that lives stuff it really has no business living thanks to inheriting 145 hp. I perfer fully defensive though you could certainly shift some evs to SpD, though it does eat special hits surprisingly well without investment. The last slot is pretty customizable, though generally I've found the role compression offered by spikes to be the best use of the slot as it gives it a lot more early / midgame use it wouldn't otherwise have. Whirlwind helps rack up hazard damage. Brave Bird prevents you from being completely blanked by ghosts. Toxic and taunt are quite niche, but toxic is nice for predicted switchins and taunt can help against fatter stuff.

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 354-416 (71.6 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes / Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind / Stealth Rock / Body Press
- Defog / Counter / Stealth Rock / Toxic / Rock Tomb

Just your general Standard utility skarm stuff. I perfer the former, but this set works well as general support. Rock tomb is a very niche, but fire tech you can use to lure volcarona. 12 ATK evs and a careful nature guarentees a 2hko on uninvested volcarona inheriting up to 95 defence (from eternatus)
12 Atk Skarmory Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 156-184 (50.1 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Literally almost nothing can switch in to daddy dawnt now with base 130 speed. I perfer it over marowak with a build like this because it eases the need for hazard control and is a lot easier to get in thanks to its typing.
Some Calcs

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 242-286 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers (145 hp from eternatus)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 192-228 (38.8 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(145 hp from eternatus) pretty much the only long term counter)

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 238-280 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (145 hp from eternatus) Guarenteed after rocks

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyurem-White: 442-522 (113 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 406-478 (77.4 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (100 def from Ky-B)

:Kyurem-White: + :Dragapult: (SpA) + :Volcarona: (Def)

Pretty easy to use special attacking core that is just an onslaught.

Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs /Choice Scarf / Nevermelt-ice
Ability: Turboblaze
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power / Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Fusion Flare / Flash Cannon / Ice Beam

Just a normal KW set. Nothing fancy, coverage is great with the standard options, but you can use flash cannon if you want to hit a predicted fairy switchin

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower / U-turn
- Thunderbolt / Thunder / Hex / Hydro Pump / U-turn

Pretty standard Specs Pult. STABs + coverage. The big choice is do you want to drop coverage for u-turn and fitting on hex if you have the team support for it

Dragapult @ Spell Tag/Heavy Duty Boots / Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute / Shadow Ball / U-turn
- Thunder Wave / Will o Wisp
- Disable / U-turn / Coverage

160 Timid is to outrun the max speed base 130s which are quite common due to eternatus. I wouldn't recommend going lower than this as there generally isn't much if anything you'd want to outspeed outside of pult itself above this. The rest of the evs are in HP to help with substitutes. Outside of hex and the status move of your choice there are a ton of options. Sub/disable is an absolutely demonic wincon, but must be built around as hex doesn't hit that hard even with 170 SpA. U-turn lets you pivot effectively whilst pult has a colourful array of coverage to chose from.

There are two different spreads I'd recommend.

EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower / Fire blast / Firey Dance
- Psychic / Bug Buzz/ Giga Drain / Hurricane
- Roost / Bug Buzz / Psychic / Giga Drain / Hurricane

This ev spread is very simple. It outspeeds pult at +1, has max SpA, and dumped the rest into hp for bulk. Volc is the kind of mon where you pick and chose what you want to lose to. This one is more offensively orientated, pyshic is probably the most useful coverage option due to the ability to 2hko eternatus which will overwise likely win the 1v1.

+1 252+ SpA Volcarona Psychic vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus: 272-320 (56.5 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

EVs: 240 Hp / 184 SpA / 84 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Safeguard

This spread is a lot bulkier and requires more support. That being said it can 1v1 most anything bar rain or an immunity given enough time. 84 speed is to again outspeed pult at +1. Those specs dracos really hurt and being able to roost before absorbing a second makes a big difference. 184 SpA is to reach a 50/50 shot at 2hkoing Ho-Oh and eternatus with flamethrower once you hit +6. I figured that was good enough odds when you have 24 pp to work with. You can go a little lower, but not by a ton as it quickly turns into a 3hko which defeats the whole point.

+6 184 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 191-225 (45.9 - 54%) -- 50% chance to 2HKO
+6 184 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 240 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus: 235-277 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Edited so I'm not double posting

Banded Dawn't can't switch in, but can easily revenge with aqua jet regardless of trick room.
yes many can revenge kill or beat it 1v1 but i cant think of anything that can switch in

Technically, Regidrago with a high Def could switch in, but that’s pretty poor.
With that said, Eternatus’s Speed on Marowak is much better because of that, limiting what is faster and hard hitting, only compromising power you really don’t need.
you're right but regidrago can get chipped down with hazards and the opponent can switch out until your regidrago is in range of a poltergeist
yes speed maro is also very good but mainly against offense because a lot walls speed maro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)