Going to try to ladder in UU since I have free time now, tell me what you think

Which do you find more viable in UU?

• Stall sweet stall!

Votes: 21 32.3%
  • Aggro a go go baby!

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Find Zen and bring Balance to UU, duh!

Votes: 22 33.8%

• Total voters
Simply because I'm bored... and in an attempt to keep from an infraction for overposting new RMT's, I have decided I am going to go through and update my older ones. I have quite a bit more experience now than I had then, and I feel more able to explain my teams in a way better for reference for those who may find a team of mine and are looking for a good rmt as a base to build their own team. This is the stall team that I made and LonelyNess Revamped. He piloted it for a couple days, and I for a bit longer to great results. It is a pure stall team that doesnt run Crobat in a meta that is driven by its presence... I strive to be cool like that. So on to the Revamp:

THE TEAM AT A GLANCE:

(The following images minus the Chansey pic are from arkeis.com... I do not, in any way own, or claim to own these images)​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Omastar @ Leftovers
Bold (Shell Armor); 252 Hp/ 248 Def./ 8 spe.
Rest/ Spikes/ Ice Beam/ Surf
Why Omastar-
Omastar serves as a decent lead in a meta where the most common lead is Crobat. However, While it does okay against the bat, it is much like Roserade in that it rarely gets much done in the early game either due to taunt or by being forced out prematurely. Omastar got the nod over Roserade or Cloyster due to its great bulkiness from the physical side which Roserade lacks and high base Sp. Atk. which Cloyster lacks as well as its ability to check Honchkrow and Blaziken with HP Ice, the two most common wall breakers in UU at the time of this writing. Generally only supports the team through spikes and checking certain threats...

Why Those Moves?-
This isn't exactly a game breaking set. Spikes is there for obvious reasons and serves as my other form of entry hazard besides SR. Surf for STAB. Ice Beam hits DD Altaria as well as not giving grass types a free switch in. Helps hit Honchkrow and Crobaat hard. Rest is so that it has something to recover with as this team revolves around Rest + Heal Bell

Why These Ev's?-
Again, nothing too spectacular here. Max/ Max for the best bulkiness possible. The 8 ev's in spe. let me outrun other Omastar spikers.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish (Intimidate); 252 Hp/ 200 Def./ 56 Sp. Def.
Rest/ Foresight/ Rapid Spin/ Close Combat
Why Hitmontop?-
simply put, he is the most reliable spinner in UU... ghosts generally arent able to prevent him from a successful spin. His ability is very helpful to the team as usually a pivot from him to another counter is a main strategy of this team. Hitmontop has proven to be one of the most important pokes on this team and really helps my other physical hit takers in their walling.

Why Those Moves?-
This set is simple. It allows me to get a spin off even on ghosts which is vital to the teams cleric so that pretty much explains Foresight and Rapid Spin. Close Combat in all honesty could be Brick Break and not cost me many ko's, but as it is I run Close Combat for the boosted power as I'm not running attack ev's anyway. Rest is so I can keep coming back in to spin over and over against opponents that run stall. Also, it lets me keep using(and abusing) his useful intimidate ability.

Why These Ev's?-
Hitmontop is quite bulky if ev'd to be so... and so I made him that way. He is very helpful to this team and so I wanted as many ev's going into bulk as possible. The 56 ev's in Sp. Def. helps Hitmontop not be 2HKO'd by a plus one missy Shadowball... so he can serve as a last ditch check to that threat should Altaria be fainted. However, he is hardly a dependable answer to her.

Altaria @ Leftovers
Careful (Natural Cure); 248 Hp/ 40 Def./ 200 Sp. Def./ 20 Spe.
Heal Bell/ Roost/ Perish Song/ Aerial Ace
Why Altaria-
Basically I wanted to run something on the team that could switch into and beat Blaziken... It started out as her main purpose. She gets many very useful resists and I really enjoyed using her as this is the first time I had used her in a bulky set. Her role to the team was not always the MVP spot, and she was basically saved for missy and blaziken. Being SR weak I was not crazy about sending her out into residual damage, so I would hold her back until I needed to counter one of those 2 pokes (and some others). Her Heal Bell became more and more important to this team as it changed, and now she is a cornerstone for the team that does several jobs that no one else on the team can do.

Why Those Moves?-
I originally ran Heal Bell as a added bonus to the team. However, it really did become essential to this teams survival the more it changed. Roost doesn't really need explaining. I prefer perish song, but really only curse miltank is a last pokemon threat. Roar was nice, but Perish Song is VERY helpful. Aerial Ace again helps me with my troubles with Toxicroak and can kill Blaziken before it hits Blaze range doing about 50 percent. It also always breaks CM missy's subs.

Why These Ev's?-
I basically pulled the ev's out of the air to be honest... I just wanted to be able to take any of Blazikens standard hits at least twice and still be able to recover off the damage. Now only Stone Edge and Hp Ice pose threats to this Altaria. (Blaze can cause some problems, but I can just roost for three turns and let it faint from recoil.) The 16 Ev's in speed are for those bulky non specs seeding Venusaur that like to run a little speed as switching into rocks and taking 2 sludge bombs is hard for Altaria. I ran 248 ev's in Hp only to make it an odd number, basically in an attempt to avoid death by SR recoil.

Dusclops @ Leftovers
Impish (Pressure); 252 Hp/ 32 Atk./ 224 Def.
Rest/WoW/ Focus Punch/ Night Shade
Why Dusclops?-
Easy, it beats rapid spinners. Most importantly, it beats Hitmontop w/o fear of dying. Spiritomb cannot threaten Hitmontop like Dusclops can, and Dusclops actually BEATS Hitmontop as well as only lets him spin and live one time if it doesn't have Rest. That among other reasons makes it the better choice for this team than Spiritomb. The only threat it doesn't answer that Spiritomb did was NP Toxicroak, but I have tried to help myself with that problem through Altaria. Also helps against Articuno and sub seeders as he can burn through leech seeds pp quickly and always break Articunos subs with Night Shade. More specially defensive than Spiritomb, I generally just get more bulk for my buck from Dusclops. However, Spiritomb is better for Qwilfish and Toxicroak (w/ psychic).

Why Those Moves?-
Rest is a recurring theme for this team that should not need explained at this point. WoW is nice, but not generally reliable so I dont often rely on it when I can switch to Hitmontop(provided its safe) and get a similar result. Night Shade lets me break the subs of Pinsr & Articuno among other pokes. Focus Punch OHKO's Chansey.

Why These Ev's?-
This is a standard spread for the most part. The 32 ev's in atk. allow for that OHKO on Chansey. The rest went into its physical hit taking ability.

Chansey @ Leftovers
Calm (Natural Cure); 248 Def./ 252 Sp. Def./ 8 Spe.
Stealth Rock/ Softboiled/ Toxic/ Seismic Toss
Why Chansey?-
Chansey was chosen for the team because it is the best stop for almost all special attackers in UU (barring a few exceptions). She is an amazing wall that functions much like Blissey in OU. Usually capable of walling several pokes on an opponents team by herself, I could not pass up such a sturdy poke that offered so much to the team.

Why Those Moves?-
I used to run Wish Pass back when I had Roserade and Steelix, but when Steelix was removed I lost an important aspect on any team in SR. As Steelix was the only REAL reason I was carrying wish support anyway, it was dropped for softboiled so that I had a move slot available for SR. Seismic Toss is basically Blisseys only attacking option w/o calm mind and Toxic is just very helpful for any team, but stall teams in particular.

Why These Ev's?-
Basically the standard spread for Chansey but with one cool addition. Since pursuit is generally not common and I rarely ask Chansey to take a physical hit I dropped a lowly point of def. and put it in speed... Now I outrun standard sub punch Hariyama which would ordinarily just speed tie with me. This is important because I can then hit it with a toxic before it can go behind a substitute. This is very risky and I would not do it unless I knew Hariyama's set already. I did this simply to prepare for the worst as having a sub puncher as powerful as Hariyama poisoned is potentially quite helpful.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Impish (Something largely irrelevant... I think Chlorophyl); 252 Hp/ 248 Def./ 8 Spe.
Synthesis/ Knock Off/ EQ/ Seed Bomb
Why Tangrowth?-
It beats physical waters like Azumaril and Feraligatr... Also draws out Crobat who then loses its leftovers meaning Omastar can spam surf and keep it from gaining any hp from roost for the rest of the match. So much more bulky than people give him credit for. Many players just are not aware just how good this thing really is. After an Intimidate, a Sub punch Azu marril Ice punch isnt a threat at all to this thing. Qwilfish is about the only physical water type that can boost its Attack high enough to K.O. Tangrowth before fainting themselves. Just a very dependable physical wall.

Why Those Moves?-
Seed Bomb is the main choice that may stand out to some. Seed Bomb is more reliable than Power whip and still ko's the things I need it to easily enough thanks to Tangrowths naturally high base attack. Knock Off is their largely for hitting switchins. EQ can hit Drapion and some others, but I generally do not use this move that often in a match and have considered Poison Jab as it then can hit physical Shaymin and Sceptile as well as Leafeon. Synthesis is instant recovery and since sandstorm and hail aren't common in UU, its nasty drawback is rarely an issue.

Why These Ev's?-
Mostly the same as my other walls, near Max/ Max. Tangrowth is in the same speed tier as Chansey and Hariyama and knowing I outspeed either makes for some peace of mind. Tangrowth's attack is high enough without investment thanks to the high base.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I tried to clean up my comments and offer more insight into how each poke supports the team overall. I also tried to cut out some of the boring crap no one but me would want to read anyway. I have a threat list in the post below and plan to include a type matchup chart from the Marriland team builder if I ever figure out how to do that. Thanks for reading...

*Credit where its due- LonelyNess helped me out on this team and I thank him for it greatly.​

Okay, the edit button broke on the OP, so I wont be posting any edits on this post instead (not thats its going to matter anyway really)

Okay, due to me wanting to change up this team and not wanting to post an additional thread w/o need I thought I would post the new version of the team that I have been running since Croabt, Honchkrow, and Shaymin have been removed from the ladder for however long so...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VARIATION ON THE TEAM:
THIS TEAM HAS HAD ME AT #2 DURING THE SUSPECT TEST (IM TOO LAZY TO TRY FOR 1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THREAT LIST:

Mismagius- Altaria phazes the CM version and can eventually kill it if it is the last poke.

Blaziken- Most variants walled by Altaria. The other variants are checked by Omastar

Roserade- Chansey is a safe switch in to all variants really. Altaria and Dusclops help to pp stall sub seeding variants.

Registeel- Dusclops can simply burn it which is a death sentence and then night shade it to death

Milotic- All sets walled by Chansey

Steelix- Dusclops can burn it and Night Shade it to death or Omastar can surf it. i fear explosion so I really only use those 2

Ambipom- It can potentially hit all my physcial walls for SE, but not for a ton of damage. I generally use Dusclops to block fake out and try to focus Punch and hope it doesnt use Payback/ Pursuit. Hitmontop is a generally saafe switch in as well.

Hitmontop- Dusclops can handle techno top and therapid spinner set just fine.

Spiritomb- Altaria can handle Crotomb. When its the last poke, Hitmontop can beat it. Spin blockers lose to Hitmontop.

Arcanine- I go to Altaria, then ALWAYS to Dusclops to scout for a HP Ice

Clefable- Hitmontop generally beats all variants

Azumarill- Use Hitmontops intimidate and then go to Tangrowth.

Claydol- Dusclops beats it and it cant get a spin off.

Espeon- Espyjump forced out by Chansey. Look for leftovers to avoid trick.

Regirock- Dusclops Burns it and then Night Shades it to death.

Uxie- Not threatening, just annoying. Try to Knock off it's Leftovers and then have Dusclops night shade it.

Yanmega- Chansey walls non reversal variants. Altaria beats those with Reversal.

Slowbro- Chansey and Toxic

Chansey- Beaten by Hitmontop or Dusclops

Umbreon- Chansey and Toxic, then have Hitmontop force it out from then on

Hariyama- Hitmontop to catch it before it subs, then Tangrowth. Chansey isn't a free sub like they most would think.

Feraligatr- Hitmontop to Tangrowth beats it (or just ot Tangrowth to be honest)

Toxicroak- Altaria for NP variants(though he is hardcore bad for me); Hitmontop to Tangrowth for physical ones

Moltress- Altaria phazes Sub sets. Chansey beats offensive ones.

Ludicolo- Chansy; Burn the rare attacking variants

Kabutops- Loses to Tangrowth

Absol- Use Intimidate and go to Tangrowth for fear of psycho cut crit'ing

Hitmonlee- Dusclops and burn OR Hitmontop to Tangrowth

Venusaur- Altaria

Magmortar- Chansey and Altaria can wall it fine

Sceptile- Scout for Hp ice with Alataria. If it doesnt have it, then Altaria beats it easy. If not pp stall leech seed. OR Dusclops for physical atk. versions.

Swellow- Omastar can beat it

Nidoking- Its basically guess work tbh.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, there's one glaring weakness I see, and that is to physically based Water types. You lack a solid resist or way to defeat these Pokemon. I mean, take a look at SubPunch Azumarill for example. Let's say that it comes in on your Steelix's Stealth Rock, it'll set up a Substitute with ease considering you can't risk it being Choice Band with Waterfall. You may be able to intimidate it with Hitmontop, but it's still going to be doing significant damage to your team. Not to mention, the majority of your Pokemon just plain lack the ability to break its substitutes.

Spiritomb isn't guaranteed to break the sub, meaning that it can set up and spam Waterfall, waiting for either a Flinch or Critical hit.

Steelix doesn't lack the ability to break your sub, but it's taking heavy damage from Focus Punch and DOES lack the ability to heal itself.

Altaria is going to die with Ice Punch (obviously).

It just systematically kills your entire team...

Dragon Dance Life Orb Feraligator also does a huge amount of damage to your team, even more so if it's got Substitute.

I'd like to recommend that you put a few EVs in Special Attack to guarantee some substitute breaking. A paltry 40 EVs taken from Defense will guarantee that you break Azumarill's subs, which will alleviate some of your woes.

---------------

You're putting an aweful lot of strain on Hitmontop. You rely on it to intimidate a lot of threats so your other Pokemon can take the hits, but I worry that considering Hitmontop lacks a reliable form of recovery outside Rest, that you'll be hard pressed against the more offensive teams in the tier that employ multiple Pokemon that need to be intimidated. Life Orb Arcanine is one, you need Hitmontop to Intimidate so that Altaria can finish the job, but now that Arcanine is out of the way, what's to stop a Choice Band Azumarill from now killing your Hitmontop, switching out after, and then coming back in on Steelix and systematically destroying your team with nothing more than Waterfall? It just seems like a plan that's doomed to failure. There's also the possibility that these Pokemon will switch IN on your Hitmontop...

What I'm getting at is that you should be making it as defensive as possible to alleviate this problem. I'm not entirely sure what those 172 Atk EVs are for, but as I see it, they'd be better placed all in Defense. You're not missing out on 2HKO'ing Pokemon like Spiritomb, and the Defense will help you in doing the job it's supposed to do: intimidate huge threats.

----------------------

I definitely prefer rest over the other moves on your Pokemon's sets, it lets you keep stalling for longer, and you already have a Heal Beller which means you'll be able to keep the Sleepers awake.

thanks alot.I will add the changes and try em out. I played a sub azumarril and was able to beat it thanks to the top and spiritomb, but I can see how the ev adjustments are bound to help me out. I will continue to run the rest and heal bell as it seemed to work better for me anyway.

finally it was posted...
well... i have known this team from lonelyness... i battled him sometimes in a week. A few minutes ago i had a epic battle againt with burtonearny, with a team like this threaded.
Well... this is one of the better UU stall ever...
nice job man

really, the only problem is the foe's hax

for tangrowth... I also use power whip, but is a attack that sometimes failed...
i can suggest you a seed bomb if you're unlucky like me XD

really, the only problem is the foe's hax

for tangrowth... I also use power whip, but is a attack that sometimes failed...
i can suggest you a seed bomb if you're unlucky like me XD
I do, forgot to change it... lol
And its seems like if I lose, that there is a fair amount of hax involved. I lost earlier today after missing with 3 WoW, never hit once and then he had a crit to basically kill hitmontop. T-T

To the crobat comment:
Crobat doesnt really improve this team too much, and since he will likely not be UU for much longer this team will have one less big threat to worry about.

good
duclops blocks too much bad guys. Foresight hitmontop is damaged when he wanna rest with focus punch.

The problem remain articuno. Toxic version , like roar one, is a bitch.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Articuno is 10 times less threatening now that he has Night Shade Dusclops on the team. It's more Specially Defensive than his old Spiritomb, and has the guaranteed ability to break Articuno's Substitutes. A combination of Dusclops' Night Shades, and Chansey's Seismic Tosses will rid your opponent of his precious substitutes long, and then it's a simple duty of hitting it with a Toxic. (this was another reason I chose to use Dusclops)

yea... i looked it personally... sound good
i thought that it doesn't damage articuno enough, but i remember now the focus punch use.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ummm... now blaziken rapes this team...
Uh..no. If it has HP Grass, then Altaria beats it. If it has HP Ice, then Omastar beats it. Either way, it can't ohko Dusclops so it's not like Blaziken will be around for very long. Instead of posting useless crap like this one sentence that isn't even true, why don't you try actually helping him and rating the team?

About the team...Tangrowth only has 3 moves.

Also, LN is right about Physical water types sweeping you. Azumarill with Substitute/Focus Punch/Waterfall/Ice Punch (the only set except for CB, which still murders you) sweeps through this team really easily.

Also, all those Rest users with no way of healing them is going to cost you. I'd suggest Heal Bell or Aromatherapy on Chansey to help fix that. You are just asking for something stupid like Swords Dance Absol to come in on a rest and rip you to shreds.

Also, speaking of Heal Bell, Toxic Spikes do a serious number to this team. Everything is going to either be poisoned or asleep....that is not a winning combination for stall in DP

Your team seems to be Baton Pass team weak. Nothing in your team seems to stop Baton Passers. I'd strongly suggest adding a Pokemon with Roar or Haze. Having Perish Song (8 PP) isn't going to help you counter other stall teams either.

Your team seems to be Baton Pass team weak. Nothing in your team seems to stop Baton Passers. I'd strongly suggest adding a Pokemon with Roar or Haze. Having Perish Song (8 PP) isn't going to help you counter other stall teams either.
Baton Pass isn't exactly a massive problem in UU- there aren't really enough Baton Passers to make a full-blown BP chain- out of all of them, only Umbreon, maybe Espeon and the rare Gligar are really likely to be passing any sort of significant boosts worth phazing away. And you've answered your own question really- Perish Song is a good answer to BP anyway.

Uh..no. If it has HP Grass, then Altaria beats it. If it has HP Ice, then Omastar beats it. Either way, it can't ohko Dusclops so it's not like Blaziken will be around for very long. Instead of posting useless crap like this one sentence that isn't even true, why don't you try actually helping him and rating the team?

About the team...Tangrowth only has 3 moves.

Also, LN is right about Physical water types sweeping you. Azumarill with Substitute/Focus Punch/Waterfall/Ice Punch (the only set except for CB, which still murders you) sweeps through this team really easily.

Also, all those Rest users with no way of healing them is going to cost you. I'd suggest Heal Bell or Aromatherapy on Chansey to help fix that. You are just asking for something stupid like Swords Dance Absol to come in on a rest and rip you to shreds.

Also, speaking of Heal Bell, Toxic Spikes do a serious number to this team. Everything is going to either be poisoned or asleep....that is not a winning combination for stall in DP
actually sub aszu has to crit to have a prayer, I've faced several and they are beaten by and intimidate + tangrowth everytime
choice banders are generally easy to play around. He said that BEFORE changes in blue... Now they are pretty countered.

I have heal bell on Altaria...

I have hitmontop to get rid of that junk... Toxic spikes is generally crap in UU, and it isnt an issue as hitmontop is bulky as heck.

You noticed I was missing a move, but didnt notice I had heal bell? Ill fix tangrowth.

*8 pp on Perish Song is easily enough to beat other stall teams as other stall teams cannot threaten me. My hitmontop is too bulky for stall teams to hurt that much and my dusclops will eventually chip theirs to death. Perish song is more for stat up users or sub seeders than anything else and it guarantees I can *eventually* beat Mismagius unless it crits, who otherwise kills this team. It would be nice if it had more, but Ive only ever run out of them once and it was the last time I needed it (to kil their last poke)

I appreciate the effort you guys, but the only real thing that you mentioned that I truly have a problem with is BP teams(specifically a trapping umbreon) and I only have three moves listed on Tangrowth. No one PREPARES for BP teams its like 1 loss out of 50 or so, and I can beat BP teams that dont run umbreon as a trapper though.

return said it best, the vast majority of teams need team need to crit to win, sometimes several times. This is if I play the team right and I wont lie its tricky to use effectivly against skilled players. LonelyNess plays this team better than me (no duh), and in his hands this is one of the most difficult stall teams to break I have ever seen.

This team is rather weak to Crobat...the only thing you have that can hit it decently is Omastar.

Ice beam does (55.19% - 65.28%) to the 104 HP version of Crobat on the first turn when he taunts you, then only (27.60% - 32.64%) when he roosts. Then you never get spikes up.

Also, a Blaziken with HP Ice to hit Altaria 2HKOs your entire team, (Superpower does (63.37% - 75.58%) vs Omastar if it runs the 107 attack EVs suggested in the analysis). LO Honchkrow also 2HKOs Omastar easily doing (65.12% - 76.74%) with Superpower, and if it runs Drill Peck, Night Slash, and Sucker punch as its other moves, it WILL 2HKO your entire team if Dusclops doesn't get a WoW off.

So basically, as a stall team, you're very weak to the two most common wallbreakers there are, and are vunerable to other stall teams that run Crobat.

Altaria can function as a decen special sponge with Roost, you don't need Chansey as it's redundant. Replace with a Regirock:

Regirock@Leftovers
252 HP/107 Def/151 SpD
Careful/Clear Body

-Toxic
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

Lets you keep SR, gives you rock/ground coverage that you lack (it threatens, forces switches for residual damage, as right now you rely on sheer walling rather than threatening.) The EVs make sure Blaziken and Honchkrow never 2HKO with Superpower, and you might drop Toxic or an attack for Rest since you have Heal Bell.

Also, a NP Toxicroak with LO 6-0s you. Can come in safely on nearly any team member, get a NP off and proceeds to OHKO everyone that can threaten him (ie Tangrowth) and proceed to 2-3HKO or just NP some more on other team members. Earthquake on Altaria could fix that.

Either that or instead of Regirock, you could just put Crobat, I'm just assuming you want to be the one team on the UU ladder without one ;)

This team is rather weak to Crobat...the only thing you have that can hit it decently is Omastar.

Ice beam does (55.19% - 65.28%) to the 104 HP version of Crobat on the first turn when he taunts you, then only (27.60% - 32.64%) when he roosts. Then you never get spikes up.

Also, a Blaziken with HP Ice to hit Altaria 2HKOs your entire team, (Superpower does (63.37% - 75.58%) vs Omastar if it runs the 107 attack EVs suggested in the analysis). LO Honchkrow also 2HKOs Omastar easily doing (65.12% - 76.74%) with Superpower, and if it runs Drill Peck, Night Slash, and Sucker punch as its other moves, it WILL 2HKO your entire team if Dusclops doesn't get a WoW off.

So basically, as a stall team, you're very weak to the two most common wallbreakers there are, and are vunerable to other stall teams that run Crobat.

Altaria can function as a decen special sponge with Roost, you don't need Chansey as it's redundant. Replace with a Regirock:

Regirock@Leftovers
252 HP/107 Def/151 SpD
Careful/Clear Body

-Toxic
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

Lets you keep SR, gives you rock/ground coverage that you lack (it threatens, forces switches for residual damage, as right now you rely on sheer walling rather than threatening.) The EVs make sure Blaziken and Honchkrow never 2HKO with Superpower, and you might drop Toxic or an attack for Rest since you have Heal Bell.

Also, a NP Toxicroak with LO 6-0s you. Can come in safely on nearly any team member, get a NP off and proceeds to OHKO everyone that can threaten him (ie Tangrowth) and proceed to 2-3HKO or just NP some more on other team members. Earthquake on Altaria could fix that.

Either that or instead of Regirock, you could just put Crobat, I'm just assuming you want to be the one team on the UU ladder without one ;)
Again, though you would think these comments true the majority of what you mention are not problems for this team. This is coming from matchup after matchup worth of experience. Blaziken with hp ice (VERY RARE) is beaten by Omastar and if its Hp grass then it can only kill Altaria with a crit. I do mention this in the OP, and this has been mentioned by other people, its a non issue for the most part. So, no, actually blaziken has not given me any trouble, and really cannot with out HP ice AND a crit on super power...

Crobat cannot beat Omastar if he wanted to and again, is not a problem. I can knock off his leftovers if he comes in on tangrowth and then just simply spam surf. Omastar can come in on other pokes and lay spikes as they rush to get Crobat. Crobat is a non issue as he cannot kill his counter and cannot taunt while he is switching in. So what if I can do nothing more than attack the bat, it can only roost for so long, and it can never kill me. Believe me... I'm patient. I've never had trouble getting spikes/ SR up before even against the tons of Crobats I face.
-Also, this team DOES get better when crobat goes BL (and it will) so this "threat" wont even be around for long anyway, and I'm not gonna funk up the team synergy for something that I cant even use for very long...

Regirock in place of chansey makes me way too weak on the special side. Altaria is one of the reasons this team can work, but is not nearly enough to take the hits that chansey can. And she is needed to be as healthy as possible at all times so she can come in and counter blaziken or Mismagius or Heal Bell even in SR if need be. Shes the one poke I dont use unless I have to.

I also mention what I do to honchkrow in my OP and the threat list in detail. He is checked firmly by hitmontop to omastar, or an omastar coming in on night slash or what ever as those hits dont do much and cannot crit.

I have never really lost to another stall team that I remember (though I did quite against Breloominator) who ran double ghost because he had changed the team from the last 2 matches we had just played (which I won) and I let him lay spikes not knowing I would not be able to spin them off.

Your right about toxicroak though...
And I WOULD run EQ on Altaria, but then I cant touch mismagius which makes perish song the only thing on the team that can force her out. Mis is much more common, so I cant afford to give up dragon claw. Switching it to Aerial Ace, because it still breaks missy's subs guranteed (min. of 28 percent) and does about 40 to toxicroak.

I was running Spiritomb w/ psychic (toxicroak and crobat and he was nuetral to honchkrow's night slash), but Dusclops is more bulky and kills pinsir and scyther easier who can beat spiritomb. May switch back to spiritomb, though then articuno is a bitch for me then. Dusclops counters more threats, so its unlikely I will go back to spiritomb.

Everyone seems to think Im blaziken weak, but im running one of the best, if not THE best switch in to Blaziken in UU... so is every team Blaziken weak or what, lol? How much more do I need to prepare for the SoB, really lol... And honchkrow has to die to deal big damage to omastar as long as Im not stupid, and I have yet to lose to a Honchkrow either. The only reason they beat this team is through crit hax, or if I were to make a very bad missprediction, this is also mentioned at length in the OP.

just another little problem using this team.
Rotom. Scarf Rotom can use trick to hitmontop. The problem born with every scarf/specs/choise pokemon. So, Burton, be careful to hitmontop.

RE: Blaziken: The only thing that consistently beats Blaziken is prediction. Having a switch in (like Regirock) that can take multiple instances of all it's attacks and strike back with a strong one (which is what your team currently lacks, a strong strike back) is a valuble asset. You also lack status on the whole with only one packing WoW which does nothing against Blaziken.

RE: Regirock: The only special threat it doesn't cover is Ludicolo in the rain...but given that a lot of rain teams run SD Quilfish (who 6-0s you. +1 Waterfall on Hitmontop is (130.03% - 153.14%), +2 Poison Jab on Tangrowth is (92.08% - 108.42%) so you can force it out once and only once), being able to survive Ludicolo is a moot point as you die to rain teams if they set up either way. If you want to keep your Chansey, give it T-wave over Toxic, it helps cripple those threats then Tangrowth can clean up. (If you switch to Regirock, give it T-wave too now that I think of it).

RE: Honchkrow.

Omastar Ice Beam if he has no HP or SpD investment : (76.25% - 89.74%)
Never OHKOs unless he comes into SR, which considering the weakness of your team in general to him, is highly likely.

Edit: Elaborating. SR is on Chansey. Chansey doesn't often come in early. If she does, the opponent's best switch in is Hochkrow, then you find yourself in a conundrum. If he uses Night Slash, you want Hitmontop, Drill Peck, Omastar, Superpower, Dusclops. If you mispredict, you die. He comes in without SR and you have nothing that can kill him, he will most likely take someone out, then the stall starts to unravel.

RE: Toxicroak

I'm pretty certain I 6-0'd a similar team to this one with my Toxicroak. Your best bet against him is Dusclops. He's bulky enough to take 2-3 hits from him with a NP up and damage him enough to make LO recoil kill him before he 6-0s (which is what happened the second time I faced that team). It's obviously an undesirable situation which is why I still suggest you find a replacement for Chansey that can run EQ and cover all the threats that Tangrowth is weak to.

Blaziken is 2hko and 1hko by altaria and omastar respectivly, I dont know why you people think im so balziken weak, I always kill it, always. Never has blaziken killed more thanon poke on my team... I have 1 switchin to beat most blaziken that can "take multiple hits" and then omastar can kill the others that run HP ice. He doesnt break this team, sorry... you cant convince me of this when I have beaten Blaziken after Blaziken. 2 have killed Altaria before. HeYsuP's critd and killed her a s he died from life orb, and another ran hp ice, and was then omastars bitch.

Honchkrow, similar vein as Blaziken... All teams have to predict to not lose pokes to him, thats why hes so good, also... If he does come in on SR, its a guaranteed ko. And losing Omastar isnt all that tragic for me. Okay, I cant OHKO honchkrow... darn And if I run regirock and Stone edge missed Im still going to be all but down a poke anyway, Ill take my chances If it does come in early and I must sac. my Omastar to hit it (not happened yet) I can kill it with dusclops.

For toxicroak, I have A. Ace to dent it, it wont 2HKO w/o SR, but its pretty uncommon, so congrats for running one.

Again if I run Regirock, I become weak to Ludicolo. I cover Toxicroak little better, but regirock isnt going to KO it either. Using one makes my team weak to the other, the same with my ghost usage.

If I notice honchkrow and toxicroak(only NP version) being a problem, I could just put Spiritomb back in before giving up Chansey, as not putting so much strain on Altaria is really very important.

Physical toxicroak isnt really an issue with intimidate/ burn, Ive not lost to a physical toxicroak before... so you didnt play me.

However, to avoid being a stubborn prick unopen to change... Ill test Regirock to see if it helps, but the ev spread is jacked up.

Also, I have beaten several rain teams.. One running a Qwilfish, though it was with spiritomb and psychic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)