SV OU Gokusaishiki [1000 post]

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater

:sv/Chesnaught: :sv/scizor: :sv/Landorus-Therian: :sv/Volcanion: :sv/Kingambit: :sv/Iron Valiant:

Hello, the name, is 1LDK, and this, is my post number 1000, this is what you get when you spam, it helps that I'm naturally annoying, anyway, anyone who knows me knows that I have this obsession with :Chesnaught:, why? Well, simple, its my favorite mon, let me tell you all a story, it was 2013, it was, it is and will always be the worst year of my entire life, something bad happen, and that something, caused a chain of events along the years when they caused nothing but tragedy and misery, not just for me, but my entire family as well, even to this very day, I can feel the weight in my family, but I'm wandering off, its March 14th, my birthday! And an uncle gives me a 3DS with Pokémon X/Y, and I went into the journey of being a Pokémon master, I don't remember my exact team, but If my memory serves well, I think the teammates were a :Scolipede:, a :Talonflame:, a :Golduck:, a :Tyrantrum:, a :Sylveon:, and of course, the main man, my first starter, ⁣:Chesnaught: himself. Fast-forward to last year, my friends and I are playing Pixelmon, and I decided to go with :Chesnaught: again, it was the starter who started it all, so why no? And he helped a lot, the water gyms, the legendary captures, battling with my friends, it was a great experience, and then, there's SV OU, where my journey as a comp battler started, and just like all the times before, he is there for me, so I guess I bonded with him. And now, he is out in the game, so of course I was going to try my absolute best to make it work, and I kinda did, ill be the first one to admit that I will never be good at the game, no matter how hard I try, but despite that, I like to play, and so, I want to show you all the product of my hard work. It's not the best team ever, but it's half decent. One last thing, all non-genderless mons are female for the Cute Charm :Enamorus: chaos

:Chesnaught: :great tusk: :corviknight: :talonflame: :iron treads:
Even though tusk IS the hazard removal, it just had too much shared weaknesses, and left me too open to special attackers. :Corviknight: is just dog shit, plain and simple. :talonflame: was better but was still too passive for me, :iron treads: seemed like the best option, it had a steel typing, decent offenses, speed, utility, but felt too weak in general

:Chesnaught: :scizor:
:Scizor: was the final decision, he is the most active, and brings most of the utility

:chesnaught: :Scizor: :zapdos:/:landorus-therian:
Eventually I went with :zapdos: as a hazard removal, it provided volt-turn, and utility with static, heat wave and hurricane, but eventually switched to lando, lando supports :chesnaught: when dealing with physical attackers, also provides stealth rocks, U-turn, and nice bird hunting tools in Smack Down + Earthquake

:chesnaught: :Scizor: :landorus-therian: :Volcanion:
I saw the chance to take a FWG core and run with it, it provides a water immunity, quadruple fire and steel resistances and helps pick several targets with its bulk

:chesnaught: :Scizor: :landorus-therian: :Volcanion: :kingambit: :iron valiant:
two of the best offensive mons in this meta, It's hard to say no. and with that, we are ready to go

:leftovers::sv/chesnaught::leftovers:
Chesnaught (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature

- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed

This is it, the main man himself, he is the reason I'm here writing, and its the reason you're reading, with all the feelings and sentimentalism aside, what does he do? Well, he hard counters :Kingambit: forcing him to either tera or die, he also sets up on physical mons like :Garganacl:, offensive :Cinderace:, :great tusk: and others, Iron Defense + Body Press is always a nice side wincon to have, with some wise set-up, it can set up on dangerous wall breakers like :Ursaluna: and :Baxcalibur:, and a +2 :chesnaught: is really hard to break without a crit or a special attacker, 28 Spe and tera steel allows chesnaught to outspeed no speed :corviknight: in case of an emergency, and with tera steel, you can also lure and use the common :Heavy-Duty Boots: :Slowking-Galar: as set up fodder. Wood Hammer is there to quick brawl with :Garganacl:, ⁣:Dondozo:, :great tusk:, ⁣:slowking: and :air balloon: :gholdengo:. Lastly, Leech Seed is a super fun tool that drains mons with no recovery, such as :great tusk: :iron treads: :ting lu: etc., this, alongside leftovers also forces switches and helps you win attrition wars, this is specially important with :garganacl: salt cure and stall teams. I selected tera steel because it flips a lot of the bad matchups into good ones and vice versa, so it helps to complement a lot

:Heavy-Duty Boots::sv/Scizor::Heavy-Duty Boots:
Scizor (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 132 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Thief

The second mon, the defogger, he is there to save me from the evil hands of the hazard spam, truth be told, ⁣:scizor: is a fun mon, Technician Bullet Punch + Tera Steel is one of the best anti-cancer tools you have, when the meta is heavy offense, this thing shines the most, ⁣:Enamorus:, ⁣:baxcalibur:, :iron valiant: all have to run away in fear. U-turn is always a momentum tool, you spam it brainlessly and be happy. Thief is a fun tool, not only 2 shots :gholdengo: but it allows you to steal leftovers from tusk once you have received a mandatory knock off, :ting lu: also fucking hates losing his lunch. 24 Spe allows you to outspeed 140 Spe :Ursaluna: this allows you to potentially defog its screens away, this will cause your death, but will allow you to revenge kill it with :Iron valiant:. And lastly, I took some attack stats and put them into SpD to tank special attacks better

:leftovers::sv/Landorus-Therian::leftovers:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 196 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature

- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down

The genie of the healthy meta took a great hit, with the lost of toxic, knock off and defog, many of the best top players found themselves scrambling, crying, cursing the sky at this blasphemy, me? I'm not a pussy, I just adapted in a non cringe manner, the sand forecaster still maintains the ball busting earthquake + U-turn + rocks + intimidate tactics from the past gens, I decided to give Garfield Smack Down instead of Stone Edge because it has better chances at hitting, it has more pp, which helps in long combats and forces switches, which allows me to either re-set rocks, pivot out, or give a quick earthquake. As for the EVs, 20 Spe out speeds Ttar, which, you never know when It's going to help, I went with mixed bulk spread to maximize overall defense and tera water to protect myself from Ice moves

:Assault Vest::sv/Volcanion::Assault Vest:
Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Next on the team, ⁣:Volcanion:, this is pretty much the standard set to be honest, Sludge bomb over options like taunt, substitute or tera blast because I wanted to hunt fairies better with this. The funky stuff is in the item and spread, AV helps me a lot because I need a dedicated special wall, and this helps to keep the pressure while having the option to back myself, tera fairy + water absorb means :walking wake: can suck dick, 96 Spe out speeds adamant max speed :kingambit:, ⁣:azumarill:, ⁣:ursaluna: and :iron hands: and speed ties with 40 speed :heatran:, the last one doesn't need to be out speed since you have enough moves to cover all his options

:Heavy-Duty Boots::sv/kingambit::Heavy-Duty Boots:
Kingambit (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave

- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

I think this mon doesn't need an explanation, and should only be given one because it's part of the RMT ruleset that you should give 3 lines of explanation at worst (these people can't even read, I swear to god), I went with the offensive flying set because I need the speed creep, its just great for anti offense, breaks balance, cleans, reverse sweeps, and its bulky enough to always tank a hit. There's little reason to not use :kingambit:, since I have :chesnaught: I don't have to pack low kick for the opposing :great tusk: and :kingambit:

:Choice Scarf::sv/iron valiant::Choice Scarf:
Iron Valiant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Hey guys, look! There's finally an icon for :booster energy:, yaaaaaaaaaaaaay. With that celebration out of the way, my reasoning for valiant was the same as a lot of people "special attacker + cleaner" and ill be honest, I'm not a fan of the mix sets or the booster sets, they are too volatile and can easily go sideways, which doesn't mean a lot against defensive teams, but against offense can mean a win or a loss, which is why I'm going with scarf. Trick helps when it comes to stall break and trolling defensive mons, and moonblast + thunderbolt + shadow ball is the best coverage the special set can get, tera ghost so that the shadow ball can hit a little bit harder, it sometimes helps

Checks and Counters

:Zapdos: In a perfect world, :Landorus-therian: should be able to always force it out, it gets 3HKO with hurricane, it blocks electric moves and heat wave is not big deal, but this is not a perfect world, one self hit via confussion and your basically done for, and :zapdos: really just clicks buttons against this team, your best bet is chip it into :iron valiant: range, and pray, of course

:Torkoal: Sun teams are a very hard matchup, almost impossible even, because you have 3 fire weak mons, :volcanion: is the only thing stopping the sun team to instantly roll you over, but its very easy to overwhelm it with damage, valiant also helps a bit, but most of the time is just free torkoal

:Enamorus: and :iron valiant: these 2 are very similar in general, both can be dealt with :volcanion:, :kingambit: and hate :scizor: with a burning passion and both require carefull scouting and positioning, its not imposible but it can go wrong sometimes

Conclussion, pokepaste, shoutouts and replays
https://pokepast.es/43d77fcb02ca6b15
:Chesnaught: :scizor: :Landorus-Therian: :Volcanion: :Kingambit: :Iron Valiant:

Im at peace with knowing that I will never be good at the game, its okay, because at least I still have fun, and I do have my good days sometimes, eventually ill find something that makes me trully happy and gives me a way to fit in, or else the nihilism inside me will eat me alive, bitch is scratching my soul like a chalk into a board. I do wanna give some people shout outs

:Slowking: Fancy1 for being the heat master, your sets are always something worth watching, and I hope you win all the premiere leagues and get a million throphies, your the goat even tho you told me your a high class ohio demonic reality alter entity

:Slurpuff: Max op boy we havent collabed yet into a fully fledge RMT, its hard when we live at the literall corners of the planet, but ill be waiting, well do something heat one day

:weavile: the chilean team in general, y esta parte la digo en español porque vamos chile conchetumare, gracias kbros por aguantarme a pesar de mis severos problemas en todo, y es bueno tener una comunidad donde puedan hablar de weas cotidianas

:blissey: the NJNP server for putting up with my constant bullshit, and i do apologyse for being irritating, it will probably happen again but one day ill work on day, its a great community for noobs and pros alike

:melmetal: last but the most important of them all, my best friend in this place awyp yes that right guys, im friends with the guy that leads a department at smogon, fear my power. I wouldnt even be here writing this if it wasnt for you, we have been throught a lot in so little time and lets cheer so we can meme, rate and laugh together

And with all set, I have some things left to do in real life, and after that, how knows whats gonna be my next project, and even if theres gonna be one at all, god only knows

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1904716650 (1LDK vs one of the coolest teams I have seen)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1905167606 (this is just sad on so many levels)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1905125210-m7gdsxpwf7utores7pwq16ealr7vk0fpw (Kingambit when the one piece is real)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1904733581 (oh god not a :vaporeon: oh god no)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1905074125 (2 fire types and a :zapdos:? No problem)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1905118236-hlzbbohepp2tzf7qc6dikb73j8gy53spw (vs your standard spikes stack HO)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1904722385 (Anger inducing replays)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1905070268 (screens bear alert)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1904533050-maei2zu37o0zp8mqcrx7f3hgd2451u9pw (HUSTLE, loyalty and respect)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1901953271 (Bogdanoff, he is about to win against fat balance! take his internet connection and DUMP IT)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1905591414 Andviet using the team, and he gets a 6-0 because thats the only way this could end

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1903479426 (bonus clip, my first time against a quick claw team)

Last edited:
Yo 1LDK! Gratz on hitting 1000 posts! I'll be honest, I'm nowhere near there yet, but I'll get there one day!

I think I'm not just speaking for my self, but thanks for contributing to the community, and I hope you do so for thousands of posts to come! Because today's the day you turned from 1LDK to 1000LDK!

Also don't ask me for rates, I suck. Leave that to awyp :tyke:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Love you bro, this is a fantastic RMT, I thoroughly enjoyed reading. This team is very cool, and I think its viable. It's not often I see replays filled with some Ls, but here's a nice Mid-High ladder 6-0 with the team that you can include (first time using it) 6-0 Replay

Suggestions: Consider Grass Knot, Smackdown, EQ and SR on Lando? it hits a lot of everything and still provides solid bulk as a mixed wall. Chesnaught is highkey viable especially with ID + BP set. Been playing around with this Scizor set, maybe consider going 252 Attack, it's a solid wall but are the SpDef EVs specifically for something (calc wise)?

You have a decent amount of Fire weaknesses, I don't think it would be a bad idea to consider Tera Fire on Kingambit to remediate some of the fire weakness in general. (You can also consider some HP EV investment if you like vs running full speed but this is not a hard recommendation).

Volc, I KINDA LIKE THIS SET A LOT LOL, no suggestions here. (Boots would also not be a terrible option here but it still works as is)

I don't mind Scarf Valiant mainly because of consistent speed control and Trick, I'm glad you followed my suggestion in that regard.

Congrats 1LDK, Chesnaught IS viable.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
but here's a nice Mid-High ladder 6-0 with the team that you can include (first time using it) 6-0 Replay
Thanks for the data, it has been added, I could try grass knot I guess, and offensive tera fire could work, it's fucking kingambit, so it should work. Once again, thanks for everything

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi it is 12am and i am bored so im writing a small rate just cause. I really hate the hazard game on this team so all my changes are kinda based around that + tweaking zap/sun/enam/valiant mu. these are general tweaks and im ngl i did this fast so might miss some stuff + isnt super polished.

:cinderace: > :volcanion:

canion doesnt add much here outside of water absorb and is going to be dying to hazards more often than not. cinderace gives a better form of hazard removal + speed control + pairs rly well with landot. I'm going to end up being rocksless on this team on my personal version as I find you can get hazards up enough court change with landot + cind. you can change it if you want but its nice to avoid trading hazards all together with court change sometimes

:slowking-galar: > :scizor:

slowking-galar checks basically what you want scizor to check like valiant and enam while being generally better into them while also having a better mu into zapdos and sun while being a decent tera water option if you need it. future sight is rly nice for fat teams since you're going to have a hard time breaking with this team. ngl i took this spread off of the sample team so i dont know what it does fully outside of being good into most valiant sets. colbur berry is mostly for valiant knock. you could go for more spdef if you like probably. another option here is tera grass + gknot > twave for garg if you're feeling shiesty but twave is good for bax which my version probably struggles a good bit vs.

:landorus-therian:

I think with my changes offensive sub probably offers a bit more in terms of pressure and options to overwhelm stuff like great-tusk and annoys garg a decent bit. sub lando is in general just annoying for the opp if you can fit it on a team and I usually recommend using it if you have the room to. i put tera steel on this for moonblast but water is always an option.

:kingambit:

I really think you need the breaking power from tera dark here. no other real reason other than that. team is kinda passive but with my addition of future sight + tera dark gambit it should be a bit better

:iron-valiant:

no lie i dont have the brain power at this time of night to think of what i wanna do with this mon rn. scarf trick is like okay utility for the team in general but the set just isnt that good rn. I think you should just experiment with different booster sets. encore offers similar utility to trick so id probably try something like that, probably special attacking based on the general comp of the team. so like cm moon sball encore tera ghost/steel if i were to slot something in with 0 testing. id experiment though and if you like scarf just keep it.

:chesnaught:

no lie I have NO IDEA what this runs so im trusting you on this but surely wood hammer isnt the most reliable grass stab it has? you need something to pressure garg and waters there for sure but recoil on naught sounds rly bad to me?

:chesnaught::kingambit::cinderace::landorus-therian::slowking-galar::iron-valiant:
https://pokepast.es/58b8874a6221d42a

sorry if midnightLOOR gives you a bad team but this looks useable me thinks, seems better into most matchups other than bax. so another option is fat gambit ig? tera naught + intim + val + twave should be okay tho, only mon it "safely" sets up on is like cinder.

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
sorry if midnightLOOR gives you a bad team but this looks useable me thinks, seems better into most matchups other than bax. so another option is fat gambit ig? tera naught + intim + val + twave should be okay tho, only mon it "safely" sets up on is like cinder.
I'll eventually try the changes and see them for myself, but thanks for checking out the team!

nice rmt, crazy to see how much you’ve improved, and yet still stayed the exact fucking same lmao.
IMG_3658.jpeg
seriously though gz keep up the good shit

edit: can’t forget this classic
IMG_3659.jpeg

MY MAN PERFECTED THE CHESNAUGHT-VOLCANION CORE NICE
(also i would recommend using tera ground on volc cause water can't touch you anyways and you get a resistance to rock+immunity to electric and neutrality to ground at the expense of a grass weakness but who is gonna use grass moves on a volcanion)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)