VGC 18 Gothitelle

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
“Blessed are those that know the path out of their carnal flesh, for they shall attain intuition.”

gothitelle_zps59190970.gif~c200.gif

[OVERVIEW]

* Gothitelle is one of the most dangerous Trick Room setters you can face in VGC 2018 thanks to its above-average bulk of 70 / 95 / 110 and access to the very intimidating Shadow Tag.
* Shadow Tag allows Gothitelle to not only set up Trick Room but also become one half of the well-known Perish Trap combination alongside Mega Gengar.
* Gothitelle synergizes well with some of the top Trick Room attackers in the game like Mega Mawile, Azumarill, and Snorlax.
* A decent movepool gives Gothitelle access to support moves such as Heal Pulse, Taunt, Tickle, Skill Swap, Recycle, and Ally Switch.
* Its Psychic typing leaves Gothitelle weak to Ghost-type, Dark-type, and Bug-type attacks. While Gothitelle's bulk is above average, it isn't enough to survive some of the bigger hits Trick Room setters like Cresselia and Porygon2 can take.
* Gothitelle typically only run one attacking move, which leaves it extremely weak to Taunt and being not targeted down. Gothitelle will not do much damage to Pokemon that aren't weak to Psychic-type attacks.

[SET]
name: Trick Room Trapper
move 1: Trick Room
move 2: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Heal Pulse / Helping Hand
move 4: Protect
item: Aguav Berry / Sitrus Berry / Mental Herb
ability: Shadow Tag
nature: Sassy
evs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* Trick Room is a necessity for Gothitelle to allow its teammates to become the fastest attackers on the field.
* Protect allows Gothitelle to scout out Z-moves and stall out Perish Song turns.
* Psychic or Psyshock prevents Gothitelle from being completely shut down by Taunt and deals significant damage to Pokemon like Amoonguss, which is often used as a check to Trick Room teams. Psychic does more damage thanks to Gothitelle's higher Special Attack, but Psyshock is an option to do more damage to Pokemon like Assault Vest Landorus-T, specially defensive Amoonguss, and Assault Vest Ludicolo.
* The fourth slot is open to mainly whatever fits your team best. Helping Hand is great once Trick Room is up, as Gothitelle can help its teammates do large damage. Heal Pulse will help to keep your teammates alive while they attack. Helping Hand is best for teams lacking true offensive power and Heal Pulse helps to keep offensive power going.
* Shadow Tag is a necessity, as it is the main reason to use Gothitelle over other Trick Room setters.
* A Sassy nature makes Gothitelle as slow as possible for Trick Room and helps to boost its already good Special Defense.
* The given EV spread allows Gothitelle to survive a rain-boosted Hydro Vortex from Ludicolo and recover enough health with an Aguav Berry to survive any teammate attack from a Pelipper or Politoed. Mega Charizard Y's Overheat will never OHKO under the sun. After Intimidate, Gothitelle will also survive a Tectonic Rage from Landorus-T.
* Gothitelle appreciates the recovery from Aguav Berry, but a Sitrus Berry can be used to survive hits that Aguav won't activate from. For example, the combination of Mega Metagross's Iron Head and Tapu Lele's Moonblast will often KO Gothitelle with Aguav Berry whereas Sitrus Berry will survive with ease. Mental Herb gives Gothitelle the ability to escape Taunt and still get Trick Room up, although Gothitelle will often appreciate recovery more.

* Gothitelle does have access to the ability Competitive, which would make for a surprise deterrent to Intimidate users, but it is significantly weaker than other Competitive and Defiant users that do the job much better, like Milotic and Bisharp.
* Ally Switch and Skill Swap are runner-up to Helping Hand and Heal Pulse for the fourth slot. Ally Switch can force a lot of mind games but can very quickly become predictable. Skill Swap can allow you to pass the torch for Perish trap teams, passing on Shadow Tag to a healthier teammate to bridge the turns until Perish Song activates.
* Tickle, Taunt, and Fake Tears are also great move options for the last slot, but in most situations, Helping Hand and Heal Pulse will be the most reliable.

* Gothitelle appreciates the support of Intimidate users or Pokemon that can deal with strong Dark-type and Ghost-type attacks from Pokemon such as Tyranitar, Hydreigon, Incineroar, Aegislash, and Mega Gengar.
* Scrafty and Mega Mawile are excellent teammates that fit the bill, but Mega Mawile must be wary of Flamethrower from Hydreigon and Flare Blitz from Incineroar. Bringing the two of these on the same team with Gothitelle will form a really solid core that can spread Intimidate and Snarl to weaken the foes into oblivion.
* Snorlax is another great partner for Gothitelle that can take advantage of a good matchup and set up Belly Drum or several Curses and become untouchable. Snorlax and Gothitelle form a dangerous combination that can obliterate unprepared teams. Shadow Tag can often trap the opponent in a poor matchup for them to face a Snorlax, such as with more defensively inclined Pokemon like Celesteela, Ferrothorn, Porygon2, Suicune, and Zapdos on the field, allowing Snorlax to set up and sweep. Be careful around Zapdos and Suicune, as they can run Roar to phaze out Gothitelle or Snorlax.
* Gothitelle also fits the bill for Perish trap teams where Shadow Tag users are far and few between. Politoed is a great Perish Song user that has relatively decent staying power. Politoed also pairs up well with Mega Mawile, providing rain support to weaken Fire-type attacks.
* In general, Fake Out users like Scrafty, Incineroar, and Hitmontop all have synergy with Gothitelle. Scrafty and Hitmontop provide Intimidate, and Incineroar can offer a great ability in Intimidate and a strong Fire attack in Flare Blitz to fend off Amoonguss, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Koko to prevent them from taunting or immobilizing Gothitelle before Trick Room can be set up.
* Gothitelle can take most non-super effective Z-Moves and recover back health thanks to its Aguav Berry. Gothitelle's biggest weakness is being ignored while teammates are targeted. It is very important for Gothitelle to provide accurate support, so make sure to analyze the set and change what works best for your team. Gothitelle can provide support on a variety of Trick Room or Perish trap teams.

Last edited:
“Blessed are those that know the path out of their carnal flesh, for they shall attain intuition.”

View attachment 101745

[OVERVIEW]

* Gothitelle is one of the most dangerous Trick Room setters you can face in VGC 2018 thanks to its' above-average bulk of 70 / 95 / 110 and access to the very intimidating Shadow Tag.
* Shadow Tag allows Gothitelle to not only set up Trick Room, but become one half of the infamous Perish Trap combo.
* Gothitelle synergizes well with some of the top Trick Room attackers in the game like Mega Mawile, Azumarill, and Snorlax.
* A decent movepool gives Gothitelle access to support moves such as Heal Pulse, Taunt, Tickle, Skill Swap, Recycle, and Ally Switch.
* Psychic typing leaves Gothitelle weak to Ghost, Dark, and Bug-type attacks. While Gothitelles' defenses are above average, they aren't enough to survive some of the bigger hits Trick Room setters like Cresselia and Porygon2 can take.
* Gothitelle typically only run one attacking move, which leaves it extremely weak to Taunt, or being ignored. Gothitelle will not do much damage to any Pokemon that aren't weak to Psychic-type attacks.

[SET]
name: Standard Trap
move 2: Protect
move 3: Psychic / Psyshock
move 4: Helping Hand / Heal Pulse
evs: 228 HP / 124 Def / 156 SpD
Move Protect to slot 4
[SET COMMENTS]

* This set provides Gothitelle with the best all around average defenses to stick around as long as possible for either Trick Room support or just general trapping support.
* Trick Room is a necessity to assist it's teammates become the fastest attackers on the field.
* Protect allows Gothitelle to scout out Z moves and stall Perish Song turns.
* Psychic is the move of choice as it will do more damage to Pokemon like Amoonguss who typically will invest heavily in physical defense, and is often used as a check to Trick Room teams. Psychic will always 2HKO 252 HP / 252 Def Relaxed Amoonguss. Psyshock is an option to do more damage to Pokemon like Assault Vest Landorus-T and Assault Vest Ludicolo. Amoonguss are more typically SpDef right now. I'd probably compare the two by saying Psychic does more damage against many targets due to having higher base power but, as you've said, AV Lando/Ludi take mroe from Psyshock.
* The 4th slot is open to mainly whatever fits your team best. Helping Hand is great once Trick Room is up as you can boost teammates to do some large damage. Heal Pulse will help to keep your teammates alive while they attack. Helping Hand is best for teams lacking true offensive power and Heal Pulse helps to keep your already offensive power going.
* Shadow Tag is a necessity as it is the main reason to use Gothitelle over other Trick Room setters.
* A Sassy nature makes Gothitelle as slow as possible for Trick room and helps to boost its already good special defense.
* The given EV spread maximizes bulk from both sides. It allows you to survive a rain-boosted Hydro Vortex from Ludicolo and recover enough health with an Aguav berry to survive any teammate attack from a Pelipper or Ludicolo. Mega Charizard Y Overheat will never OHKO under the sun. After Intimidate, Gothitelle will also survive a Tectonic Rage from Landorus-T. 252+ SpA Ludicolo Hydro Vortex (185 BP) vs. 228 HP / 156+ SpD Gothitelle in Rain: 148-175 (85 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (175 HP max roll).
I think if we're gonna say it survives it should do so 100%, sans crit. Removing points from Def and putting them into HP to either have 244 or 252HP achieves this.

* Gothitelle does have access to the ability Competitive which would make for a suprise deterrant to Intimidate users, but it is significantly weaker than other Competitive and Defiant users who do the job much better, like Milotic and Bisharp.
* Ally Switch and Skill Swap are runner-up to Helping Hand and Heal Pulse for the 4th slot. Ally Switch can force a lot of mind games, but can very quickly become predictable. Skill Swap can allow you to pass the torch for Perish Trap teams, passing on Shadow Tag to a healthier teammate to bridge the turns to your opponents ultimate demise.
* Tickle, Taunt, Flatter, and Fake Tears are also great move options for the last slot, but in most situations Helping Hand and Heal Pulse will be the most reliable. Remove Flatter. That's only really usable with Fini and is pretty awkward. it only being +1 SpA also leaves it pretty much outclassed by HH in, very nearly, all situations. The others are good though.

* Gothitelle appreciates the support of Intimidate users, or Pokemon that can deal with the strong Dark and Ghost-type attacks from Pokemon such as Tyranitar, Aegislash, Hydreigon, Incineroar, and Mega Gengar.
* Scrafty and Mega Mawile are excellent teammates who fit the bill, although be weary of Flamethrower from Hydreigon and Flare Blitz from Incineroar if you're running Mega Mawile. Bringing the two of these on the same team with Gothitelle will form a really solid core that can spread Intimidate and Snarl to weaken the opponent into oblivion.
* Snorlax is another great pairing with Gothitelle who can take advantage of a poor matchup for the opponent and set up Belly Drum or several Curses and become untouchable. Snorlax and Gothitelle form the dangerous Gothlax combo that can obliterate unprepared teams. Should probably ellaborate on how the 'poor matchup' happens, in relation to Shadow Tag preventing switching.
* Gothitelle also fits the bill for Perish Trap teams where Shadow Tag pokemon are far and few between. Politoed is a great Perish Song user who has relatively decent staying power. Politoed also pairs up well with Mega-Mawile, providing rain support to weaken Fire-type attacks.
* In General, Fake Out users like Scrafty, Incineroar, and Hitmontop all synergize with Gothitelle. Scrafty and Hitmontop provide Intimidate whereas Incineroar can offer a strong Fire attack in Flare Blitz to fend off Amoonguss, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Koko to prevent them from taunting or immobilizing Gothitelle before Trick Room can be set up.
* Gothitelle can take most non super effective Z move attacks and recover back health thanks to a 50% berry. Gothitelles' biggest weakness is being ignored while teammates are targeted. It is very important for Gothitelle to provide accurate support so make sure to analyze the set and change what works best for your team. Gothitelle can provide support on a variety of Trick Room teams or Perish Trap teams but feel free to modify to your liking.
comments in bold
Tag me when you've been through it. Good work.

In fact, Psychic or Psyshock Gothitelle is pretty rare, and is not a solid choice, since you would probably prefer running other moves. I think Heal Pulse is a staple, and Psychic or Psyshock are techs.

In fact, Psychic or Psyshock Gothitelle is pretty rare, and is not a solid choice, since you would probably prefer running other moves. I think Heal Pulse is a staple, and Psychic or Psyshock are techs.
That is objectively not the case.

Battle Spot Stats
Season 8
Psychic 51.34%
Psyshock 21.74%
Combined 73.08%​
Season 7
Psychic 57.51%
Psyshock: 21.88%
Combined 79.39%​

Showdown Usage Stats
2018-01
Psychic 45.82%
Psyshock 35.31%
Combined 81.13%​
2017-12
Psychic 64.834%
Psyshock 25.272%
Combined 90.106%​

Since the Showdown stats are gated behind rating, there's an apparent correlation between higher ladder ranking and increased use of Psychic or Psyshock on Gothitelle. Omitting their use may be appropriate on a minority of teams, but considering them a tech choice is absurd; they should be the default pick.

I'm talking about tournament play, not about ladder, so sorry if we are not discussing about the first one.

I'm making NPA usage statistics to upload them later, and as I am watching the replays, I can say for sure that Gothitelle runs Heal Pulse almost always, at least on the GothLax teams, where Gothitelle shines the most. Maybe in the typical rain teams Gothitelle doesn't run Heal Pulse and opts for Psychic and Helping Hand, as they tend to have a worse Amoonguss match-up.

I think that it should be mention that if Gothitelle is played with Snorlax or Camerupt or other type of bulky TR Pokémon it should run Heal Pulse nealy always. Then it could be said that if your team has a rough Amoonguss matchup you can run Psychic, but it's not mandatory to run an offensive move (that is what I would understand as a reader).

I'm talking about tournament play, not about ladder, so sorry if we are not discussing about the first one.

I'm making NPA usage statistics to upload them later, and as I am watching the replays, I can say for sure that Gothitelle runs Heal Pulse almost always, at least on the GothLax teams, where Gothitelle shines the most. Maybe in the typical rain teams Gothitelle doesn't run Heal Pulse and opts for Psychic and Helping Hand, as they tend to have a worse Amoonguss match-up.

I think that it should be mention that if Gothitelle is played with Snorlax or Camerupt or other type of bulky TR Pokémon it should run Heal Pulse nealy always. Then it could be said that if your team has a rough Amoonguss matchup you can run Psychic, but it's not mandatory to run an offensive move (that is what I would understand as a reader).
Well, here are the Goth sets from NPA replays, Week 1-5
KillerQueen W1 (Rain)
Protect, Psychic, Taunt, ? @ wiki

leimin W1 (Lax)
Protect, ?, ?, ? @ ?

Azazel W1 (Rain)
TR, HH, Protect, Psychock @ Wiki

Junio W1 (Lax)
TR, Protect, Heal Pulse, ? @ Mago

Jana W1 (Lax)
TR, Heal Pulse, Taunt, Protect @ ?

Ken W2 (Kommo-o/Bulu)
TR, Protect, Psyshock, Heal Pulse @ Wiki

Ketchupplant W2 (Rain)
Protect, Psyshock, TR, HH @ Wiki

Duomark W2 (Lax)
Protect, TR, ?, ? @ Wiki

Lusamin W2 (Lax)
Protect, TR, Psyshock, HH @ Wiki

SudokuMaster W2 (Rain, Muk-a)
TR, Ally Switch, Heal Pulse, ? @ ?

Zelda W2 (Mawile)
TR, Tickle, Protect, ? @ Wiki

Talon W3 (Rain)
TR, Psyshock, Protect, HH @ Iapapa

Rapha W3 (Rain)
TR, Protect, Psychic, ? @ ?

Riopaser
HH, Psyshock, TR, Ally Switch @ Iapapa

Euler W3 (Lax)
Heal Pulse, TR, Taunt, ? @ Aguav

Gumi W3 (Lax)
Taunt, Heal Pulse, Protect, ? @ Wiki

Azazel W3 (rain)
TR, Protect, HH, ? @ ?

Puddles W3 (rain)
TR, Psyshock, ?, ? @ ?

Braverius W3 (Lax)
TR, Heal Pulse, Protect, Ally Switch @ ?

IRNemesis W3
Ally Switch, HH, ?, ? @ ?

ModernGamer W3 (Lax)
TR, Protect, Heal Pulse, Psychic @ Wiki

BattleRoom W4 (Lax)
Ally Switch, Protect, ?, ? @ Aguav

MajorBowman W4 (Lax)
Taunt, Heal Pulse, Psychic, TR @ Wiki

Cobalte W4 (Lax)
TR, Protect, Psychic, ? @ ?

Gumi W4 (Lax)
Taunt, Heal Pulse, Protect, TR @ Wiki

Pado W4 (Rain)
Psyshock, TR, HH, Protect @ ?

emforbes W5 (Lax)
TR, Heal Pulse, Protect, ? @ Wiki

Gumi W5 (Lax)
Taunt, Heal Pulse, Protect, TR @ Wiki

Sogeking W5 (Lax)
Psychic, TR, Heal Pulse, Protect @ ?

weigelinho W5 (Lax)
TR, Protect, Heal Pulse, ? @ ?
There are only 3 instances of confirmed 4 status moves (5 technically but Gumi reused the same team 3 times).
Having Psyshock/Psychic is still very common, and I would say default.
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having Heal Pulse slashed before Helping Hand though.

Netherious

some call me papa neth
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Jhon Implemented! As far as the whole Psychic / Psyshock thing... Unless its' Whimsicott, I don't see a 4 status movepool being justifiable. You need some sort of damage output because Taunt does exist. Mental Herb can alleviate this but it feels like a gimmick.

Psyshock is an option to do more damage to Pokemon like Assault Vest Landorus-T, physically defensive Amoonguss and Assault Vest Ludicolo.
That should be specially.
Also with spdef natures being more common on amoo, it does feel off to say 'typically invest heavily into physdef', though it's also not drastically uncommon for them to do so. Tough one since there's no solid consistency on the matter.
I've been doing a few calcs vs common mixed spreads and they end up with very similar damages ranges from the two moves. We're talking like one doe 44%min and the other 45%. Might be best to just mention that the moves are particularly nice at hitting amoonguss which is used as a tr check etc. rather than specifying one as a preference over the other because of amoonguss.
So it might read something like this
* Psychic or Psyshock prevents Gothitelle from being completely shutdown by Taunt, while also dealing significant damage to Pokemon like Amoonguss who is often used as a check to Trick Room teams. Psychic does more damage thanks to a higher base stat. Psyshock is an option to do more damage to Pokemon like Assault Vest Landorus-T, specially defensive Amoonguss and Assault Vest Ludicolo.
With that implemented it's QC 2/2, sorry for not getting to it sooner.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
just wanna note you talk about a perish song combination a lot but mention what does it/the partners for it/how that set even works once. also please try to address my comments

use this for implementing

GP 1/1
add remove comments (AC/RC = add/remove comma; AH/RH = add/remove hyphen)

[OVERVIEW]

* Gothitelle is one of the most dangerous Trick Room setters you can face in VGC 2018 thanks to its' (remove apostrophe) above-average bulk of 70 / 95 / 110 (dex info) and access to the very intimidating Shadow Tag.
* Shadow Tag allows Gothitelle to not only set up Trick Room, (RC) but also become one half of the infamous well-known Perish Trap combo combination alongside (insert other mon here for clarity).
* Its Psychic typing leaves Gothitelle weak to Ghost-(AH), Dark-(AH), and Bug-type attacks. While Gothitelles' defenses are Gothitelle's bulk is above average, (AC) it isn't they aren't enough to survive some of the bigger hits Trick Room setters like Cresselia and Porygon2 can take.
* Gothitelle typically only run one attacking move, which leaves it extremely weak to Taunt, (RC) or and being ignored. (what do you mean by this? as in nto targeted? say that instead if that's what you mean, and if not, clarify) Gothitelle will not do much damage to any Pokemon that aren't weak to Psychic-type attacks.

[SET]
name: Standard Trap (maybe change this set name because new players may not know what's standard/why it is/etc. Trick Room Trapper could work)
move 2: Psychic / Psyshock
move 3: Heal Pulse / Helping Hand
move 4: Protect
evs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* This set provides Gothitelle with the best all-(AH)around average defenses to stick around as long as possible for either Trick Room support or just general trapping support. (if you mean EVs here, mention them by number and put this point after the moves explanations)
* Trick Room is a necessity to assist it's for Gothitelle to allow its teammates to become the fastest attackers on the field.
* Protect allows Gothitelle to scout out Z-(AH)Moves and stall out Perish Song turns.
* Psychic or Psyshock prevents Gothitelle from being completely shut (space) down by Taunt, (RC) while also dealing and deals significant damage to Pokemon like Amoonguss, (AC) which who is often used as a check to Trick Room teams. Psychic does more damage thanks to a higher base stat. Gothitelle's higher Special Attack, but Psyshock is an option to do more damage to Pokemon like Assault Vest Landorus-T, specially defensive Amoonguss, (AC) and Assault Vest Ludicolo.
* The 4th fourth slot is open to mainly whatever fits your team best. Helping Hand is great once Trick Room is up, (AC) as you can boost teammates to do some Gothitelle can help its teammates do large damage. Heal Pulse will help to keep your teammates alive while they attack. Helping Hand is best for teams lacking true offensive power and Heal Pulse helps to keep your already offensive power going.
* Shadow Tag is a necessity, (AC) as it is the main reason to use Gothitelle over other Trick Room setters.
* A Sassy nature makes Gothitelle as slow as possible for Trick Room and helps to boost its already good Special Defense.
* The given EV spread allows Gothitelle to survive a rain-boosted Hydro Vortex from Ludicolo and recover enough health with an Aguav Berry to survive any teammate attack from a Pelipper or Politoed. Mega Charizard Y's Overheat will never OHKO under the sun. After Intimidate, Gothitelle will also survive a Tectonic Rage from Landorus-T.

* Gothitelle does have access to the ability Competitive, (AC) which would make for a surprise deterrent to Intimidate users, but it is significantly weaker than other Competitive and Defiant users who that (pokemon are never referred to as who) do the job much better, like Milotic and Bisharp.
* Ally Switch and Skill Swap are runner-up to Helping Hand and Heal Pulse for the 4th fourth slot. Ally Switch can force a lot of mind games, (RC) but can very quickly become predictable. Skill Swap can allow you to pass the torch for Perish trap teams, passing on Shadow Tag to a healthier teammate to bridge the turns to your opponents' ultimate demise until Perish Song activates.
* Tickle, Taunt, and Fake Tears are also great move options for the last slot, but in most situations, (AC) Helping Hand and Heal Pulse will be the most reliable.
* Gothitelle appreciates the recovery from Aguav Berry, but a Sitrus Berry can be used to survive hits that Aguav won't activate from. For example, the combination of Mega Metagross's Iron Head and Tapu Lele's Moonblast will often KO Gothitelle with Aguav Berry whereas Sitrus Berry will survive with ease. Mental Herb gives Gothitelle the ability to escape Taunt and still get Trick Room up, although Gothitelle will often appreciate recovery more. (move this up to after the EVs; this whole section lists like other options and those three are all slashed)

* Gothitelle appreciates the support of Intimidate users, (RC) or Pokemon that can deal with the strong Dark-(AH) and Ghost-type attacks from Pokemon such as Tyranitar, Aegislash, Hydreigon, Incineroar, Aegislash, and Mega Gengar.
* Scrafty and Mega Mawile are excellent teammates who that fit the bill, although be weary but Mega Mawile must be wary of Flamethrower from Hydreigon and Flare Blitz from Incineroar if you're running Mega Mawile. Bringing the two of these on the same team with Gothitelle will form a really solid core that can spread Intimidate and Snarl to weaken the opponent foes into oblivion.
* Snorlax is another great pairing with partner for Gothitelle who that can take advantage of a poor match up for the opponent a good matchup (poor mu for them=good mu for you which is what this analysis is about) and set up Belly Drum or several Curses and become untouchable. Snorlax and Gothitelle form the dangerous Gothlax combo a dangerous combination (not sure if gothlax is fine/approved so if carbonific/gp leaders wants to keep it fine by me) that can obliterate unprepared teams. Shadow Tag can often trap the opponent in a poor match up matchup for them to face a Snorlax, such as with more defensively inclined Pokemon like Zapdos and Suicune on the field, allowing Snorlax to set up and sweep. Be careful with the aforementioned Pokemon, (AC) such as those two though as they can run Roar to phaze out Gothitelle or Snorlax. (give examples of something gothlax actually traps in the first point because if youre saying it traps zap and cune then say it doesn't always trap them it makes the set sound awful, if you change examples, make the second point "Be causeful of Zapdos and Suicune, as they can run Roar......)
* Gothitelle also fits the bill for Perish trap teams where Shadow Tag users pokemon are far and few between. Politoed is a great Perish Song user who that has relatively decent staying power. Politoed also pairs up well with Mega-(RH) Mawile, providing rain support to weaken Fire-type attacks.
* In general, Fake Out users like Scrafty, Incineroar, and Hitmontop all have synergy with Gothitelle. Scrafty and Hitmontop provide Intimidate, (AC) whereas and Incineroar can offer a strong Fire attack in Flare Blitz to fend off Amoonguss, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Koko to prevent them from taunting or immobilizing Gothitelle before Trick Room can be set up. (incineroar gets intim now which was released today so maybe add that if qc want)
* Gothitelle can take most non-(AH)super effective Z-(AH)Moves attacks and recover back health thanks to a 50% berry its Aguav Berry. Gothitelles' Gothitelle's biggest weakness is being ignored while teammates are targeted. It is very important for Gothitelle to provide accurate support, (AC) so make sure to analyze the set and change what works best for your team. Gothitelle can provide support on a variety of Trick Room teams or Perish trap teams but feel free to modify to your liking. (that kind of sentence doesn't really work on an analysis)

Psychic does more damage thanks to a higher base stat. Gothitelle's higher Special Attack, but Psyshock
Sorry, I should have noticed that could sound odd. 'base stat' here is reffering to the base power of the moves, Psychic's 90 vs Psyshock's 80. Would replacing 'stat' with 'power' suffice?

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
Sorry, I should have noticed that could sound odd. 'base stat' here is reffering to the base power of the moves, Psychic's 90 vs Psyshock's 80. Would replacing 'stat' with 'power' suffice?
Psychic does more damage thanks to its higher Base Power (capitalise it)

edit: the reason it sounded off was because it said stat, which only refers to hp/atk/def/spa/spd/spe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)